main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Alone (K/J vignette, with some J/Z and J/J, lots of angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kyp_Jaina_Jag, Dec 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyp_Jaina_Jag

Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2002
    My first vignette ever! (I did one songfic, and that?s all)

Players: Zekk, Jaina Solo, Jag Fel, Kyp Durron, Shawnkyr Nuruodo

Time: AU version of NJO (Yup, Anakin?s alive?as it should be!)

Disclaimer: Everything belongs to George Lucas, and Del Ray, etc.

Author?s note: This is loosely based on the ?Gone With the Wind? story line between Charles, Scarlett, Ashley, Melanie, and Rhett. (Don?t even ask?) Overall, this is K/J, but there is some J/Z and J/J.

Alone

Jaina Solo jerked off her helmet as she climbed out of her battered X-Wing. Pilots jumped and celebrated their latest victory in a battle against the Yuuzhan Vong. Wedge Antilles and Gavin Darklighter congratulated her on the win, and she could only manage a weak smile as they passed. Her eyes strayed to where Jagged Fel and Shawnkyr Nuruodo embraced happily. Jaina rarely saw the Colonel and Chiss show their emotions, but now their exuberance showed.

How can he act like this? Jaina thought sadly. How can he act like he doesn?t love me, and I don?t love him?

It had been six months ago. Jag told her he had to leave for Chiss space, and Jaina had handled it badly. He had left, and last week he came back married to Shawnkyr. Jaina had known there was a light attraction there, but she never thought Jag would actually act on it.

Zekk approached her and gently asked, ?Are you alright, Jay??

Jaina managed her fake smile. ?Yes, Zekk. I?m fine.?

Zekk didn?t notice the way she was staring passed him to look at Shawnkyr and Jag. He merely took her into a loose, friendly embrace. ?You did a good job flying out there.?

Jaina nodded. ?I guess.?

It wasn?t until two hours later, at the celebration party that Jaina saw Kyp Durron again. He noticed her staring once again at Shawnkyr and Jag, who were talking closely together, very much acting like a married couple. Kyp raised an eyebrow and came up behind Jaina.

?This is starting to look like an obsession, Jaina,? Kyp told her, taking a sip from his glass of wine. ?Just let him go.?

Jaina whirled on him, fury in her brandy eyes. Kyp had never seen her so beautiful, or so terrifying. ?He never tried to contact me. All these months, and he just comes back married. He just gave up on us!?

Kyp rolled his eyes. ?As hard as it may be to believe, Jag truly loves Shawnkyr. He always has.?

Jaina lifted a hand to slap him across the face, but he caught her wrist. ?You?ve already slapped me once during this war. I think that was enough.?

Jaina jerked out of his grasp and stormed away, running right into Zekk. He blushed slightly, and gently grasped her arms. ?Jaina, what?s wrong??

Jaina sighed, and it almost came out as a choked sob. ?I don?t know. I just?everyone has someone to hold onto except me.?

Zekk gave her a small, private smile. ?You know you?ll always have me.?

Jaina glanced toward Jag and Shawnkyr and then up at Zekk, as if seeing him for the first time. ?You?re right.?

Eight months later they were married. Jacen was happy for her. The twins had been friends with Zekk since childhood. How fitting that Jaina married her childhood best friend, Jacen had said to Leia and Han.

Time passed slowly for the rest of the war. Many people died, but some good came out of it. Jacen married Tenel Ka, and had a daughter. Anakin and Tahiri got engaged. Ben Skywalker was two years old now, and surprising his parents everyday with how much he could do with the force.

Then the news came after two months of marriage. Zekk was killed during a battle on Yavin Four. The victory at Yavin Four was hollow; many Jedi died defending the students. Venom from an amphistaff was his death. Jaina mourned quietly for the next few months. At Zekk?s memorial on Yavin Four, Jag approached her and gave her a loose hug, with Shawnkyr and their son a few feet away.

?I?m sorry, Jaina,? Jag murmured.

?You don?t have anything to be sorry for,? Jaina told him, lingering in the embrace a little longer than she should have.

Jag led her away from the crowds of Je

2. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That was great! :D But poor Kyp! :_| Jaina got what she deserved though. :mad: *follows Kyp to whereever he went* It's okay hunny! Jaina just doesn't know when she has a good thing right in front of her.

3. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Jaina is so freaking stupid. :mad:

Fine, if she doesn't want Kyp, he's mine. :D

Very nice. And fast-paced. Jaina's so stubborn, it makes me want to scream at my computer screen, though. Which is a good thing, of course, since you characterized her so well. Great job.

--Den

4. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    okay i liked and didn't like parts of the story

i loved how you wrote Kyp

i loved the plot

:( cause Jaina is a biach

quite frankly Jaina sounded like a slut in this story

:( cause Jaina is thinck and dont love Kyp

overall this story was very good and i liked it. it deffinatly out a different perspective on things

5. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  6. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    *sits in corner and sobs* *through the crying a whisper is heard* Jaina you can be such an idiot!!

Fireyforce

7. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Okay I've re-read it and it's official, KJJ you MUST write a sequel. *stomps foot* I demand it!

~~Jilly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.