main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Alone With Han (Han/Leia vignette between ESB and RotJ)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lazykbys, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazykbys

lazykbys Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    Title: Alone With Han
    Author: lazykbys
    Timeframe: between ESB and RotJ
    Characters: Leia and Han with a brief appearance by Page
    Genre: vignette
    Keywords:
    Summary: Leia finds Han. And then someone else finds her. And then . . .

I saw "Han/Leia in-between ANH and ESB" and thought, "Han/Leia between ESB and RotJ?" . . . and then a rabbit bit me. Hurray for weird vision. :D

As always, comments and criticisms of all kinds are welcome.

- lazy

[i][/i][u][/u][b]Alone With Han[/b]

Leia looked at the white prison cell walls, wondering how many meters of duracrete lay between her and freedom. She also looked up at the ceiling and down at the floor, trying to see if there were any convenient air vents she could use to escape. She even looked past the cell bars, hoping to catch the eye of her jailor. She didn't know much about using her feminine wiles, but she figured it was worth a shot. If nothing else, it would keep her mind off her cellmate - who, fortunately, was not in a talkative mood.

Then again, people frozen in carbonite usually weren't.

"Hello?" she called out. "Can anybody hear me?"

[i]Forget it,[/i] a voice thick in sarcasm floated into her head. [i]Even if they can hear you, they ain't gonna come.[/i]

"Oh really?" she snapped at the black slab that had been propped up against the wall. It felt silly, talking to Han's silent face. But it was better than talking to herself . . . if only by a very small margin, anyway. "And how would you know?"

[i]You were caught by[/i] Boba Fett, [i]Princess. He wouldn't put us somewhere we could get out of that easy.[/i]

Thinking about the bounty hunter made shivers go down her spine. Just hours ago, she'd received word that Fett's ship, the [i]Slave I[/i], had been seriously damaged in a fight with other bounty hunters. Knowing Han was still onboard, Leia had she raced to the scene, hoping for a chance to rescue the scoundrel she loved.

The rescue had been a success - up to the part where Fett appeared out of nowhere with a blaster pointed at her, telling her the price on her head was higher if she was taken alive but he would settle for less. It was clear from the tone of his voice that he rarely used the blaster's stun setting.

[i]It was a trap, you know,[/i] Han's voice said. [i]I bet Fett sent you the comm himself. Did you check it?[/i]

"No," Leia admitted. "I didn't have the time. A comm trace would have taken too long, and you would've been at Jabba's."

[i]Oh, sure. Blame it on me.[/i]

"I am [i]not[/i] blaming you!" she cried. However, she knew too well there were others who would.

Certain people in the Rebel Alliance did not approve of her rescue mission. While they agreed that Han Solo needed rescuing, they didn't feel that Leia should be in command. Her feelings for Han might influence her judgment if it was necessary to [i]triage[/i] the situation. In other words, they thought she might keep throwing resources into the rescue even when it was obvious there was no hope of success.

One of those resources that they could not afford to lose was Leia herself. Due to the nature of the Rebellion, there were very few people who had received formal training for government. Leia was one of them, and when the Empire was overthrown she would be vital in rebuilding the Republic.

But here she was, locked inside a prison cell while waiting for Fett's ship to be repaired.

[i]Nice going, Worship,[/i] the voice that was so annoyingly like Han's said. [i]You did[/i] real [i]good.[/i]

"You would have done a better job, I suppose?"

[i]At least you wouldn't catch[/i] me [i]going up against someone I couldn't handle. But that's your style, huh?[/i]

"What's [i]that[/i] supposed to mean?"

[i]Oh, you know. You and the Empire. Fleas on a bantha, if you get what I mean.[/i]

"Why, you . . . you . . ." Caught speechless, Leia raised her hand to slap him and stopped herself when her hand was only centimeters away from the cold, black surface.

"Calm down, girl,"

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Wow, this is great, lazyk! It pulls you in right from the beginning! Great job!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautfifully done! =D=

4. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    SHE LEFT HIM BEHIND!?? :eek: ACK! :_| *falls over in shock*

And here I thought this would be a nice AU, and you'd have her unfreeze Han and rescue him before he was delivered to Jabba! :_|

(still, for NOT being an AU, it was a wonderful insight into Leia's confused mind!) :D

5. Culf_the_Sith

Culf_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2005
    Dear PonyTricks, my thought exactly!
    How could she leave him? Well, obviously she had no choice, but still... :_| A very bittersweet moment, but I really liked how Frozen Han fell over Leia, turning it into an intimate moment (too bad having all that carbonite stuck between them). Wonderful story, I really enjoyed it!

6. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Brilliant!! I really enjoyed this, and I can only imagine how Leia felt at the end when she'd come so close... beautiful viggie!

7. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Nice job
    (except for leaving Han)
    write some more please

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Great viggie!

I loved how Leia still "bickered" with Han..[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

But then she had to leave him...:_| :_|

Bravo!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Excellent viggie!! Leia not thawing Han out as soon as she could may not have been the best idea knowing Fett was nearby. Who knows. I still love this story and am jealous that I didn't think of it. You left it wide open for part two! Great work, bud!

10. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    rhonderoo: It pulls you in right from the beginning! Great job!

This was one of those rare fics that I got the beginning right on the first try. I'm glad you liked it. :)

VaderLVR64: Beautfifully done! =D=

*takes a bow*

PonyTricks: And here I thought this would be a nice AU, and you'd have her unfreeze Han and rescue him before he was delivered to Jabba!

I try to keep my fics from becoming AUs unless they start out that way. And besides, the way my mind is geared, unfreezing Han before his delivery would not result in a nice AU. *swats away a small but malignant plot bunny*

(still, for NOT being an AU, it was a wonderful insight into Leia's confused mind!)

Thank you! Glad you liked it. :)

Culf_the_Sith: How could she leave him? Well, obviously she had no choice, but still...

Wellll . . . I'm going to risk a little story dissection here.

Leia got herself into this mess by acting rashly, therefore she had to get herself out by not letting her emotions get to her head. So you see, it's my fault for putting the story together that way.

A very bittersweet moment, but I really liked how Frozen Han fell over Leia, turning it into an intimate moment (too bad having all that carbonite stuck between them).

Thank you! I don't know where the idea came from, but I'm rather fond of that scene myself.

wendynat: Brilliant!! I really enjoyed this, and I can only imagine how Leia felt at the end when she'd come so close... beautiful viggie!

*suddenly becomes interested in the ceiling tiles* (Oh dear, why do I feel so guilty all of a sudden . . .)

Thanks for reading! I'm glad you liked it. :)

owphoenix: Nice job
    (except for leaving Han)
    write some more please

Er . . . more what?

Do you want me to write a sequel to this vig? Do you want me to write more Han/Leia stories? Or (and I'm rather hoping this is the case) do you want me to write more stories, period?

KELIA: I loved how Leia still "bickered" with Han.

When the rabbit about the "dialogue" bit me, I burst out laughing myself.

But then she had to leave him...

Well, yes, sometimes you can't have it all. And besides, they'll be together again in RotJ. So I refuse to feel guilty about this.

SkalenFehl: Leia not thawing Han out as soon as she could may not have been the best idea knowing Fett was nearby. Who knows.

Ouch. I was hoping no-one would notice that plot hole.

Since this story is based on the gimmick of having a "conversation" with a Hansicle, I couldn't have Leia unfreeze him (rather like the Energy Wall of Plot Necessity in TPM). Still, I should have come up with something to explain why she didn't.

I still love this story and am jealous that I didn't think of it.

You are? Why . . . thank you! That's probably the highest praise possible from a fellow writer.

You left it wide open for part two!

Part two? *raises eyebrow*

Oh no you don't. This is a one-post vig. There is no way I can continue this without turning it into an AU. And besides, I already have an AU plot bunny for this month's GWG challenge which -

*stops in mid-sentence as a look of astonishment crosses his face like a herd of lemmings*

Oh, wow. This vig is the perfect setup for that rabbit. Thanks for making me realize it, Skalen.

And last but not least, to everyone who has read this little story, thank you for reading! Now, I wonder what it would take to make you post a comment . . . [face_scheming]

- lazy

11. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    That sounded just like Han and Leia. And I love the "I know" part at the end.

12. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    One of those resources that they could not afford to lose was Leia herself. Due to the nature of the Rebellion, there were very few people who had received formal training for government. Leia was one of them, and when the Empire was overthrown she would be vital in rebuilding the Republic.

I love that. :D Seems very realistic to me, that they'd focus more on saving Leia. But Han was right there, and she had to leave him behind! :_| Good thing I know what happens in ROTJ. :p

13. lazykbys_left

Feb 17, 2005
    Liesl: That sounded just like Han and Leia. And I love the "I know" part at the end.

Glad you liked it. :)

I was afraid the last "I know" might be weak (considering it's really Leia's brain that's saying it), but I figured what the heck. Thanks for reading!

JadeSolo: Seems very realistic to me, that they'd focus more on saving Leia.

Besides, it's not like Han's in immediate danger or anything. [face_devil]

But Han was right there, and she had to leave him behind! :_| Good thing I know what happens in ROTJ. :p

It's a good thing I know what happens in RotJ, too, because otherwise I'd be feeling really guilty right now. Thanks for reading!

And should there be others I missed the last time: Thank you for reading this story!

- lazy

14. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004

*nods* Yep! That's how I see it happening. Very true to life.

Poor Leia and Han! Thank goodness I've seen RotJ! :D

Bravo! Excellently done.

15. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Really nice viggie! Hilarious and poignant at the same time.

16. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I can't belive she left him behind!!

por Leia, hearing 'voices', at least it's a real soothing voice. Great Story.

17. lazykbys_left

Feb 17, 2005
    VadersMistress: *nods* Yep! That's how I see it happening. Very true to life.

As I see, it, this makes Han's rescue in RotJ even more impressive. Not only did Leia go, but Luke - the hero of the Battle of Yavin and a Jedi - as well.

Poor Leia and Han! Thank goodness I've seen RotJ! :D

My thoughts exactly. :)

[b]aldocassidy[/b]: [i]Hilarious and poignant at the same time. [/i]

Thank you! Now, if only I knew how I managed it. :D

[hr]
    [b]Melodious[/b]: [i]I can't belive she left him behind!!

poor Leia, hearing 'voices', at least it's a real soothing voice.[/i]

I had to write it that way! The voices [i]told[/i] me to! :p

[hr]
    And lastly, my usual message to the people who read this story, regardless of whether or not they posted their comments: [b]thank you for reading![/b] I hope it was worth your time.

- lazy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.