main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Alone (Z/J Song Fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lonewolf89, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Zekk does a little reflecting on his relationship with Jaina during the NJO. To the lyrics of Not Coming Home by Maroon 5.

I can?t do it anymore. No matter how much time passes, when I see her I fall in love all over again. And no matter how much time passes, her rejection hurts just as bad as it did the first time. I?ve tried to get over it. I?ve tried to convince myself it?s just a crush, it will pass with time. But how can I convince myself that something I?ve felt since we first met is something I?m ever manage to going to get over.

The way she reacts tomy affection always confusing me. There are times when she seems to feel the same way I do. Other times when she treats me like I?m some stray she doesn?t want around. I can take the hint. She doesn?t have to slap me in the face in front of dozens of pilots for me to figure out she doesn?t want me anymore.

When you refuse me
    You confuse me
    What makes you think I'll let you in again
    Think again my friend
    Go on misuse me and abuse me
    I'll come out stronger in the end

The problem with Jaina is I don?t just lose a crush. I lose a friend. There was a time when she cared. There was a time when a week wouldn?t go by without getting a letter or holo from her. But slowly more time passed between messages, until finally they stopped all together. When I did come back to the land of the living, back from Master Skywalker?s latest assignment, I didn?t get so much as a smile. I remember that day I came arrived after a two month long mission. She didn?t even know I was back until I passed her in the hallway and even then all she did was nod. To make matters worse, she was hanging on the arm of that egocentrical jerk, Durron.

That hurt more than anything else. She might as well have ripped my heart out right there. At least then it would have been over with. Now I?m left with that nagging pain. A pain that never seems to go away no matter how hard I try to push it back.

And does it make you sad
    To find yourself alone
    And does it make you mad
    To find that I have grown
    I'll bet it hurts so bad
    To see the strength that I have shown

When you answer the door pick up the phone
    You wont find me cause I'm not coming home

Well thing are different now. I?m not going to sit around waiting for her to need me anymore. Time?s up. She?s made her decision. She?s walking the path she?s chosen, and it doesn?t lead to me. I?ve tried to get here to open herself up to me like she did when we where kids but she won?t have it. Now she just uses me as her listening post, not as a real friend.

The next time she sits down next to me and expects me to listen to the latest pain or suffering she?s been going through I?m not going to let her cry on my shoulder. Not if she?s just going to throw me away again when she?s through.

I?ve been through some pain and suffering in my life too. The war alone has given me more than my fair share. She was never there for me during it all either. When Peckhum died she wasn?t standing on my doorstep with tears in her eyes ready to console me. No, I was left to cry myself to sleep. Alone. Well I was alone long before she came into my life, that feeling is nothing new to me. I just thought she cared more than that. I guess I was wrong.

You don't know how much this hurts me
    To say these things that I don't want to say
    But have to say them anyway
    I would do anything to end your suffering
    But you would rather walk away

I?m stopping in front of her door for the last time today. I knock once, waiting as the sounds on the other side move towards the door.

?Hey Zekk,? Jaina answers, her tone one of annoyance. I look passed her into the room and see Kyp standing there, his arms crossed over his chest glaring at me. I obviously interrupted a private moment between them.

?I wanted to give this back,? I said, reaching into my pocket and pull out a small gold locket.

Her face instantly changes from annoyance to shock. ?But-but I have this to you,? she stutters.

Does she real

2. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    :eek: :( :_| :D

man...poor zekk...stupid jaina :mad: (well, Del Rey Jaina [face_plain])...it was good that zekk found his strength and walked away though...still... *sniffs*

great depiction of zekk's emotions...there were a few distracting typos, but otherwise i really liked this :D

~TJF

3. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
  4. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Jaina_Fel: I?m glad you liked it! Sorry about the typos. I wrote this in a bit of a hurry. I usually catch things like that.

I loved Jaina and Zekk together in the YJK, but Jaina just doesn?t seem good enough for him in the NJO.

Hooded_One: I take it that you liked it. :)

5. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    I loved Jaina and Zekk together in the YJK, but Jaina just doesn?t seem good enough for him in the NJO.

Exactly!! I loved your take on Zekk's emotions- they're what I would imagine him feeling when the Del-Rey Jaina was so self-centered, etc. Great job! :D

6. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    He... he's leaving!?! NOOO ZEKKIE NOOOO!!! Bring her to her senses! Don't just WALK AWAY!!!
    :_| :_| :_|
    *bursts into tears*

Well, you certainly are an excellent writer; I was almost in tears! Del Rey Jaina is even more perfect for Zekk than before... *sniff*

7. Hail_Jaina

Hail_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    *manages to clap and cry at the same time*

8. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Damn, man...that was powerful.

Excellently written, that's all I have to say. :(

9. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    oooh....::sniff::...oh my that was sad...can't stand to see rejections like that...

:( :_|

But written beautifully anyway!

EJ

10. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    *sobs hysterically*

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

POOR ZEKK!!!!!!!!!!!

DIE JAINA!!!! DIE!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

HOW DARE SHE TREAT ZEKK LIKE THAT?! HOW DARE SHE DOE THAT?!!?!

*sobs hysterically*

11. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Awww, that was so sad :( You trying to ruin me good mood? 8-}

12. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Oh, Lonewolf! That was great! I loved this fic! I love Marron 5, too. Did you get Songs About Jane yet? I haven't...but I want it! Great job!

~Ambyr-Rose~

13. Jade_rebel3

Jade_rebel3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    *opens mouth* Never mind, Agent_Jaid to the words right out of my mouth.

Again.

14. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Poor Zekkie-boo!!! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Jaina= [face_plain]

Anyways, great job on this, Loneworlf89!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.