main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Alpha Two Zero-a Clone Wars story (UPDATED- 04/20/2004)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lord_Fett, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Fett

Lord_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    This is my first fanfiction,so don't get to hard on me :) It's also based in a RL(notSW)book.I'll use RL names for my characters-hope you don't mind!

***This story does not contain any matrial that violates the Republic's Secrets Act.The names of the characters have been altered to ensure the their safety.***

ALPHA TWO ZERO

Chapter One

When the planet Kari launched missiles against the planet Learsi, I knew I had a mission. Although my team had had some work to do when Kamino was attacked, we were all set and ready to deploy by now. I saw the Holonet news in the camp, together with the rest of my gang. The rest of the ARCs had already been deployed to all the parts of the galaxy. We were in hot demand!

The Advanced Recon Commandos are a special branch of the Clone Army. We are more independant than the rest of the troopers, because our missions are much more dangerous. That's why that, during the Clone Wars, we lost so many members. Nontheless me and my gang were ready. The planet Kari was a member of the CIS. The planet Learsi was a member of the Republic. So when it was attacked, Learsi requested the help of us. Kari wasn't very armed, but those long-range missiles were deadly. Because of the scale of the war, the Republic couldn't spare many battalions.Instead of forming an invasion, they decided to use the ARCs to go behind enemy lines and stop the missiles.

"The Captain wants to see us Mike" said Tony. I got up and followed him,while the rest of my team continued to see Holonet news. When I got to the captain's office I could see that the man was busy. All the screens had maps and all the maps had troops running around. "Sit down",the Captain said. "As you know, Learsi requested our services. The mission is simple: your's and Tony's team will head to a desert part of the planet; other teams are already on other parts of Kari, hunting down the missiles. Now go and get set. You'l be transported to Learsi tonight,where some of our guys prepared a camp."

"Classic tasks heh?" I said to Tony. "Yeah you know how it goes-speeders,guns and big theme park for us." This is why I liked Tony-he had already clocked everything. And this behind-the-lines op was his specialty. Tony was a master of mobility operations, while I was more of a airborne ops man. He would be a very handy person to have around, in a mission that demanded strong mobility skills. After we picked up our guys we both headed for the port. Time to go to Learsi.

2. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    This is very intriguing! I can't wait to read more, keep it up Diogo! :D

3. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Hmm good job! Can't wait for more :)

4. Lord_Fett

Feb 14, 2002
    Learsi's climateric conditions were very much like the part of Kari where we were heading. We arrived in a desert part of the planet, which would enable us to tune in better to Kari's terrain. At the port there was our contact - a clone trooper intelligence officer named Harry. This intelligence people were known to us as remfs (rear echlon ****** *******) but very important for us. We all liked Harry in particular- if we need anything when we went to Kari, he would run the galaxy to try and find it. Besides, his briefings were always straight to the point. "Welcome to Learsi. Don't ask the big 3- the answers are: you sleep in that building, you eat in the same building and the bathroom is in your rooms. Another thing, when you hear an alarm going off you leave everything and go to the basement- we've been getting some hits lately. You have two hours to pack everything- then I will give you the briefing. By the way, the briefing room and the planning rooms are all in the basement." Harry then left, running- he was obviously very busy, since there were teams arriving all the time and attached personnel- pilots, drop ships, etc. We went to our rooms.

Harry started his briefing with the normal background information: "The planet Learsi is, in fact, Kari's moon. The Learsis were originally exiles. They demanded strong religious reforms and that led to several civil wars in Karsi. These ended when the Jedi were called to resolve the situation. They decided to take the Learsis to Kari's moon and so the clash between the two parts ended (but not the hate). Until, that is, Count Dooku proposed to Maddas (Kari's king) the entry of Kari in the CIS. The CIS would help the Karis to take Learsi. The Republic dispatched a Jedi Knight to Kari, to try to end the crisis without the use of force. We don't know what happened to him. Now there's a full scale war throughout the galaxy and Kari launched missiles against Learsi.
    You´re mission his simple - destroy the missiles. The missiles are transported in specially-built speeders, They are always moving,but they have to stop to fire. If you find one, call in the fighters to destroy them. That's all. Go to the planning room and call me if you need something."

5. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Good stuff, Diogo!

6. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Good post ;)

7. Lord_Fett

Feb 14, 2002
    Thanks by all the replies.Even if you don't like that way fanfic is going,post it anyway, since this is my first and I could use some critics. :)

8. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    You're welcome ;)

I'm liking the way that the fic is going.. really ;)

9. Lord_Fett

Feb 14, 2002
    When we arrived at the planning room, we could see that Harry had set up everything for us. There was a long table with maps spreaded out, and a placard with tons of information, pictures, data, anything on Kari's defences. None of this was computerized, because everything must be acessible and ready to be used on anything. I took a good look at the teams and smiled-this was one very good patrol.

On Tony's team there was Buzz and Frank. I had Jeff and Nick. Tony was one of the most professional troopers I knew. He was brave, unflappable and modest. He was also heavy into speeders and could do emergency repairs.All in all, a first class trooper and a Geonosian veteran (like the rest of us).
    Buzz was probably the king of wind ups. He had always something up his sleeve. He was into airborne, like me, and was a little disapointed that this mission didn't had airborne operations.
    Frank was into demolitions. If there was anything that needed to be blown up, Frank was the man for the job. He and Buzz had made a friend in Geonosis that they refused to kill. His name was Stan, the Scorpion. They even brought him back to Kamino and left a great deal of instructions to the Kaminoans, on how to feed him and treat him. Both were mad at our Captain, when they found that Stan hadn't a place in the trip to Learsi.

Then there was Jeff and Nick, in my side of the fence. Jeff was very excited when we found out that we were going to Kari. Since Geonosis he had fallen in love with the desert. Jeff also looked like he had astronomical navigation built into him. He surely wouldn't get lost in the desert.
    Nick had a love with cannon blasters (the kind that we would use in our speeders). I had already appointed him to gunner duty, a job that he preformed superbly. Then there was me, Mike, the commander of my team and second-in-command. Tony's expertise in mobility made him ideal for the main spot. But he wouldn't decide anything without hearing us first.
    And that was the patrol.

10. Lord_Fett

Feb 14, 2002
    Updated!Chapter 1 finished.Tomorrow I'll probably start the second.

11. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Good post!! Although I'm almost sleeping, I read it and I liked it :)

12. Wedgeatbarkura

Wedgeatbarkura Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2003
    Awesome post... I like how you delve into certain ideas that are bit harder to recreate thanks to the certain lack of information on them

13. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
  14. Wedgeatbarkura

Aug 22, 2003
    Come On Fett!!!! MOREEEE UP

15. Lord_Fett

Feb 14, 2002
    I'm sorry but my pc had an emergency.I'm back now and really soon I will post new stuff.Stay tuned

16. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
  17. Lord_Fett

Feb 14, 2002
    Chapter two

"Right,lets see what we will take for this one" Tony started."Do we do it on foot or in speeders?". The whole patrol agreed that the speeders would be ideal for this kind of op and we placed the order for two of them in the "shop screen" (a computer connected to the wharehouse and armory where other guys would start gathering everything for us). These speeders have a camouflage net, or cam-net, attached to the rool-bar that would conceal us during daylight (moving in the full glare of the sun is a big no-no). They also had a powerful cannon blaster in the back. Buzz and Nick would operate this in their respective speeders.
    Next we turned to our personal equipment- the consensus was that each man would carry the standard blaster rifle, grenades and hand-held digital map- if we got split up, we would need the map to find the rest of the patrol, and the map would be used for navigation. We decided to include a blaster to each of us. HQ might want us to infiltrate a building or a bunker- that would requier Close Quarters Battle skills that every ARC has. If the rifle jamms we can't sort it out- we have to drop it, take out the blaster and continue the mission with it.

Then we moved to main point- the missile itself.
    The missile was transported in a TEL (transporter-erector-launcher) speeder. This massive vehicle had 4 men in it- the commander, driver and 2 soldiers. It could be on the field with no support up to a period of 25 days. If, for some reason, the fighters couldn't hack it, we would have to do it ourselves. It wasn't important to destroy the missile- the main goal was to desable the TEL. So we added explosive charges to our list.

Then Tony called for the pilot that would drop us, to work out the exact location. After that was done, he distributed the various tasks: "Jeff, Frank check the speeders, Nick and Buzz- the cannons. Mike sort out the medic kit and I'll check the patrol radio".

18. Lord_Fett

Feb 14, 2002
    We spent the next two days training in the camp. In the morning of the third day, we received our marching orders-we would leave Learsi after midnight. During the rest of the day, we spent our time in the camp watching all the activity. Suprisingly I didn't saw any clones. The ARCs are all from different armies of the galaxy and, strangely, we are all humans. We were the best of the best in our parent armies.
    To occupy the time, me and Jeff went to see some patrols that were arriving after doing ops on Kari. Their armour caused claps and wolfe-whistles: they had been in one of Kari's forests. The ARCs never use the standard white armour- we camouflage everything to blend in with the enviornment. Besides we never ask what they were doing- the need-to-know rule rules!

Later that day I was eating in the mess hall with Nick and Frank when we heard our names being called. We knew why-it was time to suit up and leave.
    When we reached the armory,we found that the whole patrol was already there. "Cool uniforms-you know chicks dig desert camouflage Mike?". "Did you have any luck in here then Jeff?" I asked. Jeff was a true ladies man, always ending up scoring when he had nights out in Coruscant. Then Tony said: "By the way, our callsign is Alpha Two Zero". "Got a nice ring to it" Buzz remarked. After we suited up, we took our helmets and headed to the docking bay. Everything we need was already there- including the pilots. This was the time for the last check of the kit, while we waited for the final go/no-go order. The pilots would also being checking their ship.
    The rifles were OK,the blasters were ready;the grenades would do their job. Then it was time to check the speeders: Buzz gave me the thumbs up on the cannon; Jeff checked the engines and they were ready too. The medic kit of my speeder was in prime shape;the TD(target designator),that we would use to mark the TEL when the fighters came, and the EBs (electrobinouclars) were working. Each man checked their digital map- working as well. Tony said that the satcom radio was OK too-as the commander of the patrol he would be responsible for it. After all this,the loadies put the speeders in the drop ship. The pilots told us that, they too were ready. Now we only needed the final order.

19. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great posts :D

20. Lord_Fett

Feb 14, 2002

Chapter three

While we waited for Harry, we began to see other ARCs coming to see us taking off. There were lots of "good luck" and "hope it all goes well" around. Then Harry appeared:
    "It's a go".
    We were all excited- time to see some action. Even the loadies were eager to go. In fact, they were so full of adrenaline that I thought that it would come to them as a big anti-climax if we weren't attacked.
    "There's a treat for you- disguised as locals, a group of intellegence guys set up a number of safe houses in Kari. If you need to go into E&E (escape and evasion) you can use them for shelter. They are already plotted in your maps" said Harry."Good but I hope we don't need to use them" said Tony. With that we embarked on the ship.

The voyage to Kari was uneventfull. We didn't had any influence into it- we were only passengers.
    When the pilot said that we were approaching the drop-off point, we all put our helmets on. Me and my gang checked our weapons. We would disembark first to secure the drop-off point, while Tony and his guys would disembark the speeders. I put my enpack on. This is a small energy backpack loaded with batteries for the weapons and the digital map- a must if you have to go on the run. Food wouldn't be a problem- we all took energy pills that would enable us to operate up to a month without eating. I also checked that both my rifle and blaster had their saftey-catches off. The blaster is everybody secondary weapon, always holstered in the tight. If you need to drop your rifle, you can then quickly grab the blaster.
    When the ramp lowered, me, Nick and Jeff exited, rifle in shoulder, ready to give anyone that might be waiting for us, a nice reception.
    All clear.
    After Tony disembarked the speeders, he and the loadies checked the deck of the drop-ship, looking for anything that might have fallen of. It's no good exiting the ship in a hurry only to discover that you left half of the kit on board. Better to take the time and check it out.
    With all hands accounted for, the ship closed the ramp and left. It was 2100 and we were alone.

21. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Excelent post! But there's a problem .. I can't wait for more :D

22. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
  23. Lord_Fett

Feb 14, 2002
    Thanks for "uping" my thread LaYa. I'm going away for the next days. New update-thursday or friday.

24. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    You're welcome! :)

Have fun! :) And I'll be here waiting for the new post :)

25. Wedgeatbarkura

Aug 22, 2003
    Wow.... great job, Fett.... Keep it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.