main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE AlphaCon CD

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by UncleOwen1138, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    I was able to download a copy of the AlphaCon CD they offered to VIP holders at AlphaCon. It's about 26 minutes long and pretty neat. Mostly interviews with the stars.

I burned it to a CD. It has both a Windows Media version and a Real Player version. So if anybody wants a copy, let me know. I can burn them and bring them to our next meeting. Just post if you want one.

boB

BTW: Out of 26 minutes, there was only about a 1/4 second clip of our booth. :(

2. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    You mean they didnt have that hot red head interveiwing me and asking me if I had anything special to show her.... hhhmmmm Oh yeah... I'll take a copy

3. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
  4. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    "I'm with you too!" ....oops wrong thread. :D I mean sign me up!

5. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    make that 3!

danke!

6. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Ooh! OOh! Me too!

7. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    I would love a copy! Thanks for the offer!

Kurt
    TK-507

8. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    What's AlphaCon?

9. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Yo, Bobby! Hook me up like a tow truck!

10. yatchie

yatchie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    Ok, I guess I'll take one, geesh you guys are so pushy

11. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000

**** pushes Yatchie ****

12. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    Any chance you'd mail me the CD if I gave you a few bucks? Or, I'd be happy to pick it up.

Thanks a bunch!

Kurt
    (a.k.a., TK-507)

13. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    I'd be happy to make a copy and bring it to the meeting this Friday.

14. smanigal

smanigal Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    How did you get your copy>? I attended and have NEVER gotten my copy===I was a VIP pass holder alsp===

Alphacon was the best time I ever thought I could have at a con===

SWC2 will be fun but a little bit of a disappointment compared to Alphacon--

smangial@pionet.net
    sioux city, iowa

15. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Samnigal, check the email listed in your post. I emailed you the details about the video.

16. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Hey all,

I also attended AlphaCon as a VIP, and haven't heard a thing about the DVD that we were supposed to get. How can I get mine? Huh? Huh? Any help would be... Never mind. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

TB-750
    John Jaeckel

17. BWM-ACSignedTShirt

BWM-ACSignedTShirt Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2001
    i never got mine either. i paid 100 bucks for the vip pass and i want my cd. i will do anything for the cd.

18. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    I'll be glad to burn you guys a copy, in exchange for your first born, or a new stereo! [face_devil]

19. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Hey everybody, just like me, you probably got an email from Midlands marketing. It basically says they are selling the Alphacon cd for $9.95, plus $4 shipping! This must be why all the VIP's haven't gotten theirs yet. Midlands was waiting to sell them! Scum-bums!! I'm glad Dan Lundquist was nice enough to make it available to us! It's bad enough they killed Alphacon, they then try to pump a little more blood from the turnip. Anybody want to have this, send me a pm, and you'll get it .... for free!

20. smanigal

smanigal Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    TO ALL YOU VIP's!!

If you call Midland Marketing at 402-444-3133 they have a list of all who attended Alphacon and the VIP's. They said they were "unaware" of the fact that we were supposed to get the CD. WHATEVER---but it is supposed to be shipped out ASAP. Call to make sure you are on the list!!

Good Luck!!

21. JediJohnSeever

JediJohnSeever Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2000
    I also attended the con as a VIP pass and got one for my ex who also attended. I am mad as I have yet to recieve my cd for the 200 dollars I paid for it.

So if we call, will they ship it to us for free, or do we have to pay, cause if I have to pay, I'll make the 2 hour drive to Omaha and pick it up, just to save them their 4 bucks.

22. smanigal

smanigal Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    I assume they are covering shipping for VIP's. They never asked for credit card info and I SURE AS HELL am not giving them another DIME of my money====

(Lucas already gets it all)

:)

Good luck but CALL to make sure you are on their lists and HELP SPREAD THE WORD!! I asked Josh at TFN to post but so far he has not.

23. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Yeah "unaware" my keister. I was a VIP pass holder and a little urked that I got an email saying they were going to "sell" it to me for about $10. I think I'll call that number when its convenient and encourage them to send me that CD for free or I'm making other plans.

Alphacon was the best show I've been to and Dan really got the glowing end of a light saber afterwards. I am still sore with Midwest Marketing for the whole thing. Besides, if Alphacon 2 had gone off, I was going to be organizing a way cool model contest to be held at it.

24. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Well, guess what arrived in the mail on Friday? My Alphacon CD did. I never quite got around to calling them to ask why they were charging for it either, but it looks like I don't have to now. To whoever got on the stick and talked them into doing this finally, thanks. Its a pretty neat CD too and brought back a lot of memories. I wonder if I should try to get it autographed at Celebration 2 now. :D

25. JediJohnSeever

JediJohnSeever Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2000
    I also recieved mine. Freaked me out. Nice to know that I got it. granted it was a year late. :)

Kudos to ehoever talked some sense into them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.