main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest AlphaCon is Coming...Omaha, NE...May 4th-6th, 2001!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheStarKiller, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheStarKiller

TheStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    For those of you interested in Conventions, there is a huge Sci-Fi convention coming to Omaha, Nebraska at the Civic Auditorium, May 4th-6th, 2001. They are gonna have tons of stars from Star Wars signing autographs, talking to the fans, and sharing their experiences from the films. There will be something for everyone, as they are gonna try to touch upon different areas of sci-fi/horror, making a very unique experience for all of us. I heard about this last month, and the news is beginning to spread like MAD! I just want it to be BIG!

If you have ever been to a Sci-Fi Convention, you know that they are usually small events, gathering a few stars and a bunch of dealers.

This one is gonna be different in that major studios are gonna be involved, hyping the big summer releases. VIP ticket buyers are even gonna have the opportunity to see pre-screenings of up to 3 major summer releases. I have never heard of this kind of thing happening for a sci-fi convention. But it IS happenging. They are working in conjunction with AMC Theaters and the studios to have a big event.

If you are a Star Wars fan, you owe it to yourself to CHECK THIS OUT! I have heard names like Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Warwick Davis, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Dave Prowse. I gaurentee that you will not be disappointed. I want this to get enough attention so that they can do it every year. I'm tired of all of the big Cons only being in California and places like that. This is our chance to show that the best sci-fi fans live in the Midwest!

AlphaCon 2001, May 4th-6th...be there!!!!!

-- TheStarKiller

http://www.alphaconcentral.com is the website...GO NOW!

2. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Hey, Starkiller!

Where did you hear the rumors about who might be guests, and how it's to be organized, etc.?

I've only been to one con, a small one in Chicago, but had a blast. If this turns out to be as you describe, it would be worth the fairly long drive to me to get out to Omaha. Sounds very cool.

May have a scheduling conflict due to a girlfriend's wedding, won't be able to confirm that date until Jan or Feb, but hopefully... ::crosses fingers::

3. TheStarKiller

TheStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    The Con is being organized by Midlands Marketing, a subsidiary of the Omaha World Herald newspaper. The person who is heading it up used to work for a local movie theatre company and for AMC Theatres in the promotions and marketing dept.

Info should be appearing regularly at the website, http://www.alphaconcentral.com within 2-3 weeks, with tickets going on sale at the site February 1st.

I just heard that Jerome Blake is coming, as well as Anthony Daniels. The rest are all in negotiations, but like I said...info will start spreading like mad in the coming months.

Look to TheForce.Net and SirSteve'sGuide (both in negotiations to be sponsors) for info in the coming months, as well as the AlphaCon website.

I can assure you that if this thing goes as well as the promotions that this guy ran at the theatres, it will be a HUGE success.

-- TheStarKiller

4. FandomsLink

FandomsLink Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2000
    Please know that Anthony Daniels has been invited to AlphaCon, but not "officially", as yet.
    Please log on to:
    WWW.AnthonyDaniels.com
    "Appearance" page.
    If you see Alphcon, Omaha,NE May 4th-6th, 2001, listed, then Anthony will be attending.

Until you see Alphacon listed at WWW.AnthonyDaniels.com, please don't expect him to be there.
    Again, AlphaCon looks to be a great event.

5. FandomsLink

Dec 13, 2000
    Regarding Anthony Daniels.
    We are now in "talks" with AlphaCon, in Nebraska. Anthony Daniels has been "officially" invited and, as yet, we have not confirmed.

We will post "Confirmation" here and on WWW.AnthonyDaniels.com
    when Mr. Daniels has confirmed. As, I am sure, it will be posted on http://www.alphaconcentral.com/ the Conventions web site.
    It does look to be a great event.

6. FandomsLink

Dec 13, 2000
    Peter Mayhew has been confirmed for AlphaConCentreL,May 4-5-6-2001
    in Omeha, Nebraska.
    Many more artists are invited and confirmed guests will be mentioned here.

7. djlldl

djlldl Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2000
    Big announcement will be made this week concerning "Headliners" attending AlphaCon 2001! Check www.alphaconcentral.com

8. djlldl

djlldl Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2000
    Warwick Davis has officially accepted AlphaCon's invite!!!!! Not only is Mr. Davis attending, but so is...(to be continued)!
    It is going to be great!

9. Shi-Zahn_Quinn

Shi-Zahn_Quinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2000
    Geez, guys. Depress me a little more. Nothing like this comes to my neck of the woods.

10. FandomsLink

Dec 13, 2000
    FandomsLink is proud to announce that Anthony Daniels has been invited, has accepted and is confirmed to appear with other invited guests at AlphaConCentral in Omaha, Nebraska. May 4-5-6, 2001.
    More to be confirmed.
    (You know how that goes.)
    All appearances are subject to professional committments allowing.
    Please see WWW.AnthonyDaniels.Com for listing.

We hope to see all of you there.

11. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    TheForce.net is proud to announce that we are invited at Alphacon and Josh and I will be attending! Wooohooo

12. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Very cool, Cleo. I'm Phil from the IJC at Jedi Talk, by the way.

Phil

13. darthcleo

Feb 8, 2000
    hey! Hi Phil! Are we going to meet at Alphacon then?

14. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I don't know. Walt Disney Weekends at Walt Disney World in May looks very appealing. My group, Chicago Force, is contemplating a trip to FL for that and I'm not sure we could do both. I will bring it up at our meeting on Sunday, though. The convention does sound like fun.

Phil

15. djlldl

djlldl Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2000
    I realize Disney is a great place to visit, but where can you find Anthony Daniels, Warwick Davis, Peter Mayhew,Mike Quinn and many others under one roof this year? Only at AlphaCon. Plus, keep checking the website www.alphaconcentral.com for more details. Another "headliner" will be signed before tickets go on sale through the site Feb 1st!

16. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I wanna go! :( Now I'm sad.

17. darthcleo

Feb 8, 2000
    Come on Bib! Your unique chance to meet me! :)

18. chitwood

chitwood TheForce.Net co-owner star 4 VIP

May 12, 1999
    Hey - me2! :)

Josh

19. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    For over a year I have been trying to start a local Star Wars group here in Omaha. With the excitment building about AlphaCon and Episode II, I feel this would be an excellent time to get it going. It would be great to go "In Force" to the convention, not to mention meet some of the other fans around the country. If anyone is interested, please E-mail me asap so we can get started. I've started a Web Site at www.BeggarsCanyon.com. You can E-mail me at UncleOwen1138@cs.com. Thanks.

20. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Hmmm, I live in Des Moines and *might* be able to make it out there. Could be fun getting to meet Josh and Nicole.

21. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Cleo, are you going to any other conventions this year? I'll probably be going to Wizard World, Dragon Con, and Gen Con this year.

Phil

22. darthcleo

Feb 8, 2000
    As it stands now, this is the only convention I plan on attending...

23. FandomsLink

Dec 13, 2000
    I don't know about everyone else, but we can feel the excitement growing as each day passes.

Just think! We are finally going to meet TheForce.Net with Nicole and Josh.

And a chance to meet and greet Anthony Daniels. And get an autograph that you know is authentic because you got it in person.

Because Anthony Daniels only does a limited number of Conventions per year,(by choice due to commitments in the UK), we are very proud that he chose AlphaCon in Omaha, Nebraska, May 4-5-6th. It looks to be a good one.

More will be added as they are confirmed.

24. FandomsLink

Dec 13, 2000
    Those of you who really want to attend AlphaCon in Omaha, Nebraska, May 4-5-6th, have plenty of time to make your plans. One state away, take the Greyhound. Can't afford the hotel, use the buddy system. Just be there! We want to meet and greet all of you.
    By the way, this would be an excellent opportunity to meet other members of the Star Wars community. Be the force in your area and start a Star Wars group in the mid west. If there is enough interest, you never know.

25. FandomsLink

Dec 13, 2000
    By the way.
    Anthony Daniels appearance at AlphaConCentral is posted on his website at:

WWW.AnthonyDaniels.Com

And that is the way you know ... he will be there to meet you in person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.