AlphaCon is Coming...Omaha, NE...May 4th-6th, 2001!!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by TheStarKiller, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheStarKiller Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Glad to see that everything has come to pass. I feel like a Jedi Scholar!

(Umm.....)

Can't wait to see everyone this May. No waiting until 2002 for the Official Celebration! Now if we can only get someone like Mark Hamill or Ray Park to attend, THAT would be the point where any self respecting Star Wars fan would HAVE to attend!

But I dream.........

-- TheStarKiller
  2. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Cleo, I'm 15 I'm can't really just pick up and leave!
  3. HOSASarah Jedi Padawan

Sweet! I was SO totally psyched when I found out about this. I've always wanted to go to D*Con (which is held in Atlanta) and now there's finally a Con coming to Omaha! Oh yeah, I started out in the WBS Star Wars Cantina back in '95 as EdmontonChick if anybody out there knows me...I'm trying to get people to come so we can meet.
  4. Endermunkee Jedi Master

star 4
    Ack! I live two hours away; I wouldn't even have to pay for a hotel.
    That is, if my parents will take me. 8^(
  5. Jade Skyhiker Jedi Master

star 4
    Bib!!! Come!!! I'm definitely going to this, as it's only a few blocks down the road =) And you'll be the first one to see me hehe

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone

For those of you who might be thinking of going, I might be able to help finding decent accomodations/transport and all.
  6. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    I'm considering going. Right now I just have to scrounge up the cash and keeo my schedule free.
  7. Procrastination Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's an email I got with some updates:

FYI - AlphaCon Updates -

Once again, I would like to thank you for your support and purchase
    of an AlphaCon ticket(s). Although dozens of tickets have been sold, we
    do
    expect there to be an influx of ticket sales in the next several weeks.
    I
    will be sending you an updated "news" brief on any AlphaCon events
    every
    three weeks or so. Please do not be annoyed at these emails, they are
    to
    just update you with information and save you time from checking our
    website
    every so often.

1. By March 12, 2001 we should have an updated list of celebrities who
    have
    joined in attendance since you purchased your ticket(s). A letter will
    be
    sent listing all celebrities attending by March 12, 2001.

2. Although still tentative, you will be sent un updated schedule of
    events!
    The Fan Film Festival is growing and looks to be a "must see" for all
    Star
    Wars fans.

3. Tickets/ badges and other stuff will be available to pick up at the
    Music
    Hall entrance on Wednesday, May 2, 2001.

4. Matt Busch, a licensed Star Wars artist, is almost finished with the
    badges and some will be displayed on our web page by the end of March.
    He
    will also be selling many exclusive items.

5. Rumors - Yes, AlphaCon is looking into hosting a grand celebration
    for
    the opening of Star Wars Episode II. Yes, we are in contact with
    several EP
    II actors. AlphaCon 2002 will take place April 26th through April 28,
    It will take place in the Arena, Exhibit, Mancuso, Assembly and Music
    Halls.
    No official details will be released until after AlphaCon 2001 is over!

Thanks for your time and concern,

Dan Lundquist
    AlphaCon
    Event Director
  8. DUM4 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm seriously considering it. I only live about 4 1/2 hrs. away, so it's not that far away, and I have plenty of vacation time I could use If I wanted to go all 3 days. I just need to start saving up.
  9. Jade Skyhiker Jedi Master

star 4
    save up!
    :D

It would be great for you to come. Besides, then you'd be the first Games-ter to see me in person. Just make sure you dont' bring a camera... [face_plain]

It'll be great to meet you at least :)
    Now to get IA, Sithy and the rest of the gang...
  10. Jade Skyhiker Jedi Master

star 4
    I've just caught a glimpse of the commmercial today. I think it was on Sci-fi channel. Pity I didnt get to see the whole thing, but it's there. Just to let you guys know :)
  11. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    I would love to go to AlphaCon. I have already planned a trip to Fla in late May, I cannot afford to make AlphaCon. I keep on going to the web site and staring at the guest list. Why do the best cons have to be so far away from me(NYC). :(
  12. Jade Skyhiker Jedi Master

star 4
    :(

I felt the same thing too. This is my first big con ever. Finally I'm grateful for living in the middle of nowhere :)
  13. Jade Skyhiker Jedi Master

star 4
    More AlphaCon Details from email:

-----------------------

1. Topps is providing all VIP ticket holders and the first 3,000 3-day ticket purchaser's with an exclusive promotional Star Wars card with the AlphaCon logo. Although the celebrity on the card has not been announced just yet, the announcement will come within two weeks. Also, since all of you purchased your tickets before this project was announced, you will all get the card regardless of what ticket you purchased!

2. The DoubleTree Hotel is now accepting room reservations for AlphaCon. Please make these reservations ASAP for rooms have been filling up and DoubleTree will only hold these rooms for a limited amount of time. They can be reached at 402-346-7600.

3. A detailed schedule of events is slowly being released on our web page.
    You can find autograph signing sessions for each celebrity under the schedule section. Stage 1 and Stage 2 events will be listed by next week. Autograph fees for each celebrity are listed under the schedule section within each person's schedule, as well.

4. Autographcentral.com has agreed to provide a service to those who cannot make AlphaCon. Anyone interested in purchasing autographed pictures, please click onto www.autographcentral.com.

5. Autograph Times has jumped on board and became the first national magazine to proudly support AlphaCon and it's endeavors, so check them out at www.autographtimes.com.

6. If you are able, please pick up your badge (ticket), program and any other 'goodies' bag as soon as possible at the Music Hall as of Wednesday, May 1st.

7. Shrek is coming! For all VIP ticket holders, DreamWorks pictures' has agreed to show Shrek during one of the VIP celebrity receptions on Saturday, May 5th at AMC Oak View 24 Theatres at 9:00am. We scheduled it early so that you wouldn't miss any of the convention at the Civic Auditorium. Please contact Daniel Lundquist at 402-444-3125 if you are flying into town and not renting a vehicle. The other VIP celebrity reception is still in the planning stages, but you will be notified when it has been arranged!

8. For non-VIP ticket holders, if you want to "rub elbows" with the stars, you can always purchase a Lied Transplant Center Celebrity Reception for Saturday night on the 19th floor of the DoubleTree Hotel. Anyone can purchase this ticket, but there are only 200 tickets available. SO act now!
    A major portion of these proceeds will benefit the Lied Transplant Center.
    This reception will include drinks, a cash bar, heavy hor' derves and of course company of the stars!

9. Once again, thanks for your support and tell a friend!

-------------------
    Don't forget to go to the site ( alphaconcentral.com ) for the complete list of guests coming :)
  14. Combustible Insect Jedi Knight

star 1
  15. Jade Skyhiker Jedi Master

star 4
  16. buckwildbill Jedi Padawan

I'm going to be attending the Alphacon and just made my hotel reservations at the Doubletree today. Does anyone want to share a room to save on costs? Or if any other group has a room, do you have space for one more? I don't mind sleeping on the floor since I probably won't be in the room much anyway.
    Bill
  17. UncleOwen1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Look for The Omaha Fan Force at AlphaCon. We will have a table there. Come by and say hi.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.