main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Already Gone (J/J - Post-LotF AU/dark vignette) The UHSC June Winner - Thank you guys!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Aleria, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aleria

Aleria Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2007
    Author: Aleria
    Timeframe: post-LotF AU
    Characters: Jag
    Genre: angst, songfic
    Keywords: J/J, post-LotF AU
    Summary: Jaina died in the duel on the Anakin Solo. Now the survivors have to say goodbye.
    Notes: My first ever SW songfic. Written for the June Ultimate Hairband Songfic Challenge.
    Song: Queen of The Reich by Queensryche.

Now beta read and approved. Thanks again, Cyn!

Reviews are always welcome.

EDIT:

This just won the June Hairband Challenge. Huge thanks for reading and voting to all!

[b]Already Gone[/b]

[i]In the dead of night[/i]

At midnight the forests of Shedu Maad were enveloped in nearly complete darkness. Amongst the trees traveled a somber party of people, slowly winding their way towards a clearing a couple standard kilometers from the temporary Jedi base.

As they reached the small meadow, they spread around forming a wide circle. Their heads were bowed, some were shivering, their shaking barely visible in the dark. Most were clad in robes, some in flightsuits. The attire didn?t really matter, it was trivial at a ceremony like this, but as was usual the main colour was black.

Slowly but steadily the circle closed itself, rounding its way up around the clearing. In the centre of it stood a pyre. It was plain and unadorned, yet beautiful in its natural simplicity. It was the perfect final resting place for the woman now lying on it, so like she had been in life herself.

Quietly and as if parts of one creature, the Jedi in the gathering raised their lightsabres towards the star freckled sky. In unison, all the swords [i]hissed[/i] into life, their multicoloured blades springing up in a salute. Their glow illuminated the dark ground, revealing the scorched leaves spreading around their scattered feet.

From his place on the rim, by the side of his sister?s trembling form and her destroyed husband, the Grand Master stepped into the circle. Moving to stand by the pyre, he suddenly looked years older in the faint light of tens of lit swords. Guilt masked his calm face and his was the only yet unlit lightsabre in the gathering. He swallowed hard and started to speak in a hoarse voice.

?Jaina was a great Jedi Knight,? he started. His gaze travelled over the petite and still form lying on the pile of hacked wood, finding the peaceful features of a woman in her best years.

?She didn?t have an easy life or a clear path,? he continued, but his voice was broken with emotion. Regret flashed over his face, visible even to those who weren?t Force-sensitive in their melancholy party. He had to know that part of this dreadful event was his fault. Jaina?s life had been made a painful one, her destiny doomed by the prophesy from over ten years past.

??but when it mattered ? she knew where she was going. For this journey, she will need no guide.?

[i]Searing beams of light and thunder
    Over blackened plains
    She will find her way[/i]

As Luke stepped closer to the head of the pyre, he finally lit his blue blade. Watching the spectacle from his place at the circle rim, Jag saw him whispering something before lowering his blazing sword towars the lowest level of dry wood forming the pyre. At the smalest touch of the blade, the dry leaves laid between the pieces of wood lit up in a crackling flame.

Jag let his gaze get lost in the growing fire. He was paralysed, his dreadfully agonising emotions swirling in his mind. They drowned his senses, rid him of his quick wit and his instinctive ability to be prudent. Without them he didn?t know what to do. Without her? he didn?t even want to know.

He was chained to his place, his feet bound to the ground he stood on by the overpowering need to give up. What was there to live for anymore? His meaning, his counterpart without whom he wasn?t complete was gone. She was taken from him, flown to a place he couldn?t follow her to. He could just as well stop trying now

2. Aleria

Apr 8, 2007
    Just giving this a little bump so it wouldn't be lost in the masses straight away.

Please, tell me what you think!

3. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    That was so sad - and the even sadder part was that it so easily could have happened. And Luke would feel SO guilty if Jaina died after he laid the prophecy on her and the command to kill Jacen...

Very well written, despite it's depressive nature!

~Jaina

4. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    :_| :_| :_|

Beautiful, heartbreaking and FABULOUS!

You are gifted my dear. It's always a pleasure to read your work.

Cyn

5. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Sad story, but very well written and enjoyable to read! Nicely done!

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    You are so talented! This is such a moving piece and you did a great job getting
    into Jag's incredible pain. Wow - this could have easily been the end of Invincible.
    =D= [:D]

7. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Damn it Aleria. You made me cry. :_| That was extremely beautiful though. I could have seen that happening to him. If Jaina had died he would have shut down and ceased to exist in every way but physically. And even eventually then. Awesome job!

8. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    awww... so sad... yet as i read many of the stories on here, i realize, that is exactly how Jag would react. Amazing job.

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    No one will answer
    The light is fading away
    Captive souls are screaming out in pain

But it didn?t matter. He was already gone.

There is no escape
    It?s the ending of your precious life
    [/quote]

:_| :( :_| , Poor Jag. Poor Han and Leia. Two kids gone, Caedus still roaming the stars. Beautifully heart wrenching. Great job!=D=

10. Aleria

Apr 8, 2007
    It truly is sad. Even with Caedus already dead, I think she still could have perished because of the scape of her injuries. Luckily, Jag found her so quickly in canon...

Thanks, and I'm glad you liked it even in its darkness. :)

Here, have a big [:D] ! And thank you so much, I'm honoured to hear you say that of my writing. [face_blush]

Thank you, I'm happy to hear you liked it. And thanks for reading!

Aww, thank you a lot! I've been torturing Jag quite a bit lately, haven't I? This bunny just wouldn't let me be until it was given a life of its own, so I'm glad you enjoyed it! [:D]

I'm sorry... [face_blush] Need a Kleenex? It seems, I should start issuing more of those tissue warnings in case of such teary reactions.

It's nice to hear my work gets through to people and they see sense in it. Thank you very much! [:D]

Thank you! Jag and Jaina's love story has been rough and rugged and only now they've been given a new chance for happiness, so them to have an end like this would have to be utterly traumatic for the survivor. :(

That situation would be too hard to handle. I'm glad they didn't make it canon...

Thank you so much! I'm happy you liked it. :)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    congrats on winning the Hairband challenge=D=

12. Aleria

Apr 8, 2007
    Thank you very much!

13. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    CONGRATS!!!! That's awesome you won! Well deserved.

14. Aleria

Apr 8, 2007
    Thank you! [:D] I was surprised, but it's wonderful.

15. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Congratulations on winning! You deserved it.
    This was so beautiful, yet so sad. *sniffs*

Great job.

16. Aleria

Apr 8, 2007
    Thank you very much! I love the pairing, even when they're miserable... [face_blush]

I've been writing angsty stories for a while, so it's time to move into something warmer and mushier.

17. jaina1415

jaina1415 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2008
    You almost, ALMOST, made me cry with that. That was beautiful. I loved it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.