main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ALRIGHT ALREADY!! Is anyone else sick of people shooting down the new trilogy?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by The_JediMaster, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_JediMaster

The_JediMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Man, I can't take it anymore. How many times have you heard someone shooting down TPM and ATOC? "They are just crap", or, "There nothing like the old movies" or, "George Lucas should give it up", or "The acting sucks". The thing that gets to me the most is when they say, "It has no story." WHAT? It actually has a very interesting story that is even more elaborate than in the original trilogy!

Holy crap it annoys me! These people all say that they loved the old trilogy but don't like the new one. What they don't understand is that if they could watch the old trilogy today for the first time, they could probably find as many stupid things about it as the new trilogy. Maybe even more. They just need to accept the fact that the movies are really no different. No, they don't have Harrison Ford, but they do have Ewan McGreggor and other fine actors and they have awsome Special Effects!

We need to defend our beloved movies. We need to think of more ways to defend poor George Lucas and say YES! Star Wars still kicks butt! So, on this thread, defend this wonderful new trilogy and type your arguements as to why Star wars is still better than ever!

2. JediMasterGaladriel

JediMasterGaladriel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    I know it's CENSORED I can't take it either! Why can't we just like both of the trilogy? I don't care if I wasn't born until Return of the Jedi came out and I don't know the greatness of the old trilogy! I still like all of them! :mad: Thankyou The_JediMaster for being brave enough to post this! :D

Mod Edit: Watch you language. this is a PG board and foul language is not tolerated. Next time you are caught posting profanity you will be banned for 24hrs. [face_plain]

3. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    tired...very tired...love all 5....

don't get it...never will.

4. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I've been sick of it since 1999. And when people compare the new trilogy to LOTR, I feel sick.

The PT is more complex story wise than the OT, and that's why some casual fans are turned off by it.

Hopefully Episode III will bring the whole saga together.

5. ThePassionateOne

ThePassionateOne Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2002
    Hey there is nothing wrong with Lord of the Rings that movie is tight! I saw it three times! :D Personaly I think that Attack of the Clones was okay but it could have been ALOT better! So I don't really no what category that would put me in? I need to go to sleep night people!

6. RevengeofDahveed

RevengeofDahveed Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    quote:

The PT is more complex story wise than the OT, and that's why some casual fans are turned off by it.

theres is much much more to it than that (for both casual and hardcore fans).

and theres a difference between complex and unnecessarily convoluted.

the reason so many people disliked or outright hated TPM and (to a lesser degree) AOTC is because they honestly thought they were really CRAPPY MOVIES!! they got it, trust me.

the simplest explanation is usually the correct one kids.

7. ObiWanAragorn

ObiWanAragorn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2003
    I have learned that many many movie critics' views (I won't say 100%) are completely opposite of mine. I never depend on what the critics think for my decisions of what movie to see.

One critic gave a quote for Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron that said something like

"...even more action than 'Attack of the Clones'!"

When I read that, I laughed out loud.

But, also, you're never going to change someone's mind about the prequels if they've made it up already. If you try to change their mind it will make a lot of useless arguing!

8. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    oh god.....i hate this.

I have to agree with Dahveed.**yuck** :eek: :_|

It's not that the "bashers" don't get it.
    It's just that they:
    didn't like the films

tastes have changed since they were kids

spent 16 years deciding what GL SHOULD do, and when he didn't do EXACTLY what they wanted him to, they got pissed.

I'm sure Dahveed could add to this list.
    Most Bashers aren't stoopid, they're just
    "Movie Challenged" :D

9. GeekBob

GeekBob Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2002
    >>It's not that the "bashers" don't get it.
    It's just that they:
    didn't like the films<<

I don't think this can be stressed enough. What we have here isn't people "refusing to see" or "with changing tastes," we have people who did or did not like a film. Simple as that.

>>tastes have changed since they were kids<<

Ehhh.. not sure I can fully agree on that angle, though. My tastes have remained pretty constant since I was a kid, aside from my no longer referring to the opposite sex as "girls.. eeeee!"

As a kid, I like movies that were GOOD. That still stands in my "adult" form now, and when the PT provides a film that IS GOOD I will more-than-likely like it.

10. Indy2

Indy2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Listen mates
    TPM was awful movie making, special effects were more important than story and characters.

Now clones was better but flawed in a big way.
    The character of Anakin was badly written, being unsympathetic from the out-set.
    Where's this good kid stuggling with good and evil???

The characters seem to be progressing to all their enivitable conclusions with out much depth of character.

This happens when effects and visuals are more important than plot and character.

11. weezyslob

weezyslob Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I just don't pay attention anymore. All that matters is that you like it.

12. Toasted-Jawa

Toasted-Jawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2002
    INDY2 i think your are the distorted, naive, basheers mind that the true fans have grown to hate. You bash without research. What you are doing is like this "you dont get into an arguement with a Physics professor if you have never studied the subject. " likeswise you dont turn into a critic yourself when you dont know the first thing about Lucas or his techniques, writing, or acting styles are in the first place. Did you even know there were different acting styles???

When you truely look into those eyes of anakin and the emotions he is torn between you can understand. You dont seem to look at that. you think you should be the one to write the movies and think you know what youre doing. you dont, simple as that. let the MASTER GL do his work, and keep your unsophisticated opinions to yourself.

And for those of you who really do hate TPM (like the guy two up) get a grip. compare the two movies, and whe you truely do you will see a plethora of perfection spewing from GL's pen.

T-J OUT

13. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    indy, i swear you didn't just say that, anakin's character is classic.

How he complains and doesn't really know what his placee is. Anakin is like a harry potter. He is popular but he doesn't really understand y yet.

This is very common, he thinks that everyting shou8ld be his way, that's y he is kind of like a cry baby. It's becuase he needs to be in charge. In OT we see vader taking crap from no one except the big emp. Y do you think this is. Becuase he grew up not liking everything. Now that he has the power to make things go his way he can.

And everone shut up about the special effects taking over the movie. OT was state of the art Special effects as well. Don't hate the NT just becuase you want to be differnt. You really have no bassis. George knows excatly what he is doing.
    Some times you have to dig deeper for answers.

14. Toasted-Jawa

Toasted-Jawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2002
    Darth K-T you are my hero!

15. ksid

ksid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    We need to defend our beloved movies. We need to think of more ways to defend poor George Lucas and say YES!

Ok you can step of your soap-box already, senator :).

? It actually has a very interesting story that is even more elaborate than in the original trilogy!

I agree with you, I think it had a great story. I just don't think it was realized to it's full potential.

16. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Don't get personal.

17. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    I must agree with the thread name

18. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Please move this to one of the myriad threads on this topic in the AotC or TPM boards.

Gusher/basher threads are not welcome in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.