main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Alright, how did Luke know who Obi-1 kenobi was when Obi found him lying in the desert?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Luke_Skystalker, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Skystalker

Luke_Skystalker Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2004
    When Luke comes out of unconsiosness he looks up and says "Obi-1 Kenobi am I glad tos see you" In the scenes previous while at dinner with his family Luke makes it clear that he doesnt know who "Obi-1 Kenobi "is that maybe the droids meant "old BEN" Did he somehow figure it out?

2. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    He says "Ben Kenobi? Oh boy, am I glad to see you!"

3. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    That's right. You of all people should know that, Luke ;). Funnier: "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, am I glad to see you."

4. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Oops, he says "Boy", not "Oh boy" :)

5. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    They have met before when Luke was much younger. Every once in a while Ben would see how Luke was doing before getting chased off by Owen.

6. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    That could be used for the tv series! Every episode ending with Owen chasing away that old hermit!!!

7. Grand-Moff-Tarkin

Grand-Moff-Tarkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2004
    I believe the radio drama sheds some light into the backstory of Luke and Ben. It's been years since I've read it but I remember reading something about how they'd met before.

8. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    When talking to Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, it is quite clear that Luke knows who "Old Ben" is. I would imagine that when Luke goes to Tosche Station to goof off with his friends, that he may have run across Old Ben coming out of a bar, and it would be no coincidence: Ben was keeping an eye on him, and so was Yoda.

9. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Obi-wan was like that crazy old homeless man that all little towns have. Sure the teenage kids told and made up storys about the crazy old man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.