main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Alright It Has To Be Said...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by StuE, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StuE

StuE Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2002
    Don't know if it has bin sed yet, and if so well it's gonna be sed again BUT... Palpatine/George W Bush?!?!?! And to certain extent Vader/Bush?!?!? I'm thinkin this coz the way that Palpatine 'conned' his way into power and especially the way that Vader sez sumthin like "If you're not with me then you're my enemy' which sorta mirrors Bush's "If you're not with us then you're with the terrorists" or sumthin.

Has anyone else noticed???

If this is intended and maybe I think it's probably not but say if it is...then what a piece of contempary observation by Sir Lucas. Remember, "Palaptine is a politician, he's not to be trusted"... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ps - still say in epIV Ben sez "Ani was a good friend". HA!!!

Strilo edit: It's been said. A lot. Too much actually.

2. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Well, I do agree with that like with Palp's emergancy powers was him getting more power for your safety which is like the Patriot Act, only both our cons.

3. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    PLEASE NOTE! Threads pertaining solely to Episode III belong in the ROTS forum. This mostly has to deal with EpIII anyway.

And no, it's a shot at the Nixon Administration

4. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy" is definitely a comment on Bush. Lucas has confirmed that Bush, along with many historical leaders, has been a source of inspiration for the writing of Palpatine. After his turn to the dark side, Anakin becomes an extention of Palpatine's mind.

Lucas - he's a democrat
    /LM

5. StuE

StuE Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2002
    I reckon this relates to at least the entire PT but woteva...and I didn't mean to post it twice(ish) So soz!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.