main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    [image=http://cache.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/234619_S/Ubisoft-Confirms-Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood.jpg]

So they're charging full price for this. Is it a full game, or just an expansion of AC2?

2. ShadowStoneKat

ShadowStoneKat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2004
    Because Google would be too easy...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Brotherhood
    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63735

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The world's favorite historical trivia game is back!

I doubt I'll ever understand the appeal of this franchise.

4. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    Oh, I definitely can. I have beaten all of the previous games and I liked them just fine, but by now I'm just burnt out. This new one seems interesting but I doubt I'll buy it.

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    That...is why you fail.

Seriously though, it's a mere expansion to include the multiplayer component (as if the series needed one) lacking in AC2. I'd have to hear some pretty spectacular things/reviews about it though, in order for me to sheel out some dough for it.

6. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    I wouldn't really call this an expansion. I'd compare it to the arguments about how L4D2 should've just been DLC for L4D, as Brotherhood is not just adding a multiplayer component and nothing else, it's adding a whole new singleplayer story to explain the backstory of the new playable characters, and might even shed some light on what exactly is happening now after AC2's conclusion.

Don't forget that AC games are never just set in the past, you're still technically Desmond and I don't think they'll ignore that.

7. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    How you don't find this game fun, I will never know. This is my biggest failing as your friend. :p As a matter of fact, I'm going to play it when I get home...(AC2)

8. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I'm actually pretty excited for this game. At first I thought it was going to be strictly a MP add-on type game, but there will be a campaign that follows Ezio (apparently people liked him more than Altair? I liked them both, really...) 40 years in the future, as well as full MP support.

And the MP looks really awesome.

Now lets hope the rumors of AC3 taking place in Egypt are true. :-B

9. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Egypt? Ugh, that has the risk of it becoming Prince of Persia. :p

I'd like one set in classical Rome, or France in the 18th century.

10. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Speaking of Prince of Persia, has anyone tried the Forgotten Sands? Any good?

Anyway, I just saw the E3 trailer for Brotherhood, and it looks delicious.

11. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    The image they teased (which could also be for a comic...) looked like it could be Egypt or the Red Sun resembles Japan...

[image=http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/109/1094496/newac_1275580917.jpg]

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Sounds to me like the Brotherhood has the makings to be the originators of the Illuminati.
    The assassins are who "serves the light" and "nothing is real, everything is permitted"....

If the 4th game moves to Bavaria in the late 1700's, I might crap my drawers.

13. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The pyramids place it pretty firmly in Egypt, I think. The red sun just seems to be the artist's preference. It was confirmed that the image, at least, isn't game related, so my guess would be that it's for a comic. Not that it rules out the next game being set there, of course...

14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    To me, the red-sun represents the far-east especially with the mountain backdrop, and since China has close to a hundred pyramids... nah. They'd never go that deep. Besides, that's a dessert cowl he's wearing anyways.:p

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    That IS an awesome trailer. If only the game were too look half as good.

So is that Cesar Borgia standing up for his piece of crap old man. And will Ezio finally have his revenge on the Pope this time around? It wouldn't be too farfetched if the incident that caused Rodrigo to die the way he did was caused by Ezio & Co.

But if the game is meant to be a resolution to the fight between Ezio and the Spaniard, I do have to wonder why couldn't THAT have been the actual conclusion to AC2, instead of the unsatifying ending we got.

16. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Agreed. In almost every way, AC2 was light-years better than the original, save for the ending. Not killing the fat-faux-pope was the definition of Meh.

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Note that at the very beginning of the trailer the year is stated as 1503. That's when Alexander VI (aka Rodrigo Borgia) died. Nice of UBI to finish its previous game with a new $60 installment. [face_plain]

18. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, I saw that a little bit later in a comment on Youtube.... I missed it when I watched the trailer.
    Now, I get why everybody was chippy.:p

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    "Serves the light" is not related to the assassins, and "nothing is real, everything is permitted" is not related to the Illuminati.

20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    O-rly?

Might want to re-watch the cutscenes.;)

That is what they want you to believe....

21. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    The jury's still out on this one. However, it is on the radar.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Perhaps. As it usually is between two warring factions, neither side is usually in the right. And perhaps that is the same with the Assasin's. The Templars - past and presnt - have always been solely motivated by the acquisition of Power: be it political, monetary or personal. It's all about CONTROL. Yet the Assasins themselves are zealots with a questionable cause by resisting and freeing mankind of any and all forms of control. In my opinion just a bit of control IS necessary; the alternative would be anarchy and pure simple chaos. NOT everything should be permitted. Perhaps late in the series Desmond will realize that fact when an important choice will have to be made.

23. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I just realized how ridiculous this sounds. I'm sure I read it somewhere before hand, but isn't Ezio about 40 in the game when it ends (that is, AC2)? So wouldn't he be nearing 80? Ugh...I think the time line was altered somewhere.

As for this game, it comes out November 16th and it is on my "want" list. The MP looks really fun and addicting and the single player story is said to be "really involving". Whatever that means...

Also, Ubi promises the PS3-port will not be sub-par, as it was with AC2. They even went so far as to say it will be better on PS3, though I think that is just them saving face for putting together a lackluster port of AC2 for PS3.

I'll probably order this from Gamestop as it comes with the Harlequin outfit and I'll be honest, it looks pretty great with it's acrobatic assassinations.

24. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Decided to get this...

Gotta see how it ends.
    At least.

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I don't think it "ends" here. What I believe actually "ends" in this game is the Ezio/Borgia feud/story, while Desmond's story might end in an actual Assasin's Creed 3.