VIDEO Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Games' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh okay only 3. I thought I was missing something.
  2. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
  3. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You could consider that old: if by old you mean today. :p
  4. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah, good.

I was really, really, really annoyed when they announced Ezio as the main character again. I figured "Oh great, it'll be another game that takes place during AC2 and we'll never advance." Glad to see Ezio is showing his age and doesn't look so young and spry as he once was.

Still, I'd love to see a new assassin come into the mix.
  5. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Actually, I thought this info was a few days old by now. As far as the internetz are concerned, that can be a lifetime. :p
  6. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    I love the setting, we don't see enough games (any media really) set in this part of the world. Not so sure on having Ezio back, I felt that his story was intertwined with the Borgias, and with them gone it won't have the same resonance. I haven't been disappointed with any of the AC games so far however, so I'm not too concerned at this point in time.
  7. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Eh, there are enough interesting historical figures dying around 1515 to 1520 to piece together a pretty good story, I think (Bartolomeo, Leonardo, Lucrezia, Sultan Selim I...).
  8. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Is the PSP AC Bloodlines any good? I didnt even know they had one it till I saw it last night at Walmart. If I still had my PSP Id a bought it...
  9. whateveritis12 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Had some time with the game, and it is kind of forgettable. The controls are tough, Assassin's Creed works better with 2 analog sticks.

Probably do need to play it a little longer to get a more accurate reading on it.
  10. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    So I just beat Brotherhood about 20 mins ago. Pretty cool game.

Did anyone else see the nice kickass coverstory of Revelations in the latest Game Informer Mag? I cant wait for it!
  11. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
  12. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    And here I thought I'd have nothing to look forward to come winter. Thanks Ubisoft; you guys are priceless!
  13. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Gameplay demo, too. Most impressive. Especially the Greek fire.
  14. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    Day 1 purchase - can't wait. Trailer was very intriguing.
  15. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Make a new thread if you like.
  16. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Absolutely amazing. I know it's CGI and has no representation of the actual game, but wow. That was awesome. I love Ezio and I love how he's aged. I hope we can play as the aged and wise Assassin, but something tells me we'll gain control of a new Assassin.

I do, however, hope we get more "current time" Desmond Assassin play.
  17. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
  18. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Ubi have said in the past that only numbered games will have new assassins. So probably no new assassin this time.
  19. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Wow! I better start finishing Brotherhood!
  20. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Hm, so this is the end of the "Ezio Trilogy" as it were. I remember reading "The end of an epic trilogy" thinking "Wow, no more Assassin's Creed games?" But, now I see...there's been 3 games with Ezio. Ha.
  21. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    So...I just got around to finishing Brotherhood. I know, I know..."shame on me" and all that.

Interesting, to say the very least. I'm still a bit confused on it all but I am thirsty for more. I'll probably grab the DLC just for the teaser for AC: Revelations/AC3.

I really enjoyed the game over the others (AC1 and AC2), not so much for the story but for the controls and such. I loved the "free-flow" controls of combat and the navigation just felt so much more responsive/smooth. The story is also weaving and winding together nicely. I'm wondering how much further they can take it. This game has so much potential to be awesome in almost any time period and to think it could be coming to an end soon makes me very sad-pants...even though the possibilities for spin-offs are nearly endless.

Oh well, I'm rambling about nothing now. Great game, will get the DLC and post about it in a bit. Going to try and tackle inFamous 2 or something for a bit.
  22. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    We need to get a mod to rename this as an official AC thread or something
  23. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah, about time you do.

After beating LA Noire I decided to replay Brotherhood again just to nail some cheevos I was missing and play something different online. I still suck eggs as far as the MP part of the game is concerned but is simply more fun than your average Call of Halo: Moron Warfest. I can only imagine what new tricks will be available for Revelations.
  24. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Couldn't find the
    "Assassin's Creed: Revelations"
    thread so I figured I'd wake this pig.
  25. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Seems the animus haz access to the galaxy far, far away...
    [image=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/AssassinsJediTemple.jpg]