VIDEO Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Games' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    EDIT: The article I linked to above...somehow got de-linked over the past hour or two:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1220000p1.html
  2. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm so late to this party, it's not even funny.....

Just when I thought I was done with the franchise, they had to go and knock my socks off.
  3. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    *Bump

Just a month left to go...
  4. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Assassin's Creed III DLC announced.

Show Spoiler
    [IMG]
  5. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    That's actually pretty awesome.
  6. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
  7. Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost

star 4
  8. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    So much awesomeness. Damn, sometimes it's good to be a gamer.
  9. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Revelations kind of ruined my appetite for AC games. I still haven't gotten around to finishing that mess. But maybe I'll have to before this comes out.
  10. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    And here's the UK version of the same trailer, in which Connor butchers a group of US soldiers at the end. :p

11. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Really looking forward to this game. I've been a fan of all the games, including the first. I kind of got turned off by Revelations (I guess I was just sick of Ezio) but this looks like it's going to be like opening a window and getting a cool breeze. Just a huge breath of fresh air.
  12. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, like most I thought having Ezio appear in a third game was too much. As such I never got Revelations. However, this installment is my most anticipated game of the year.
  13. DarthJenari Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm desperately looking forward to this game, and it's taken every ounce of will not to order any special editions and just stick with a normal pre-order. I personally had no problem with Revelations and thought it was the perfect end to Ezio's trilogy, and this game looks like its going to blow all the others away. I hadn't seen that picture of George Washington above. Someone said it looks pretty awesome. I have to disagree. It looks extremely awesome and sounds like a great storyline waiting for me to play it.
    Mia Mesharad likes this.
  14. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    After much struggle and conflict on getting a Halloween costume before my annual Halloween party, I've finally made a last minute decision on this Ezio costume

http://www.buycostumes.com/Assassins-Creed-Ezio-Adult-Costume/804430/ProductDetail.aspx

I hope it works out. I've never spent so much on a costume before, nor have I ever ordered anything clothing-wise online before.

Anyway, did anyone hear about the exclusive Gamestop Assassin's Creed hidden blade replica? Apparently it goes on sale on 10/30...?

I'm definitely going to look into that. It should be an awesome accessory.
  15. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
  16. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    *spoiler-free rant* Okay, it really sucks when a game spoils its own really big plot points!

Without really saying much, if you don't want a big twist ruined for you, don't read the database entry for Connor's mom. *spoiler-free rant*
  17. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Let me guess, that has something to do with the playable character that Morgan Webb from X-Play mentioned?
  18. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh man, I stopped watching X-Play years ago so I've got no idea what she said. And I'm too afraid to find out what that was. I don't want another thing ruined for me.
  19. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    She didn't actually mention who the playable character was, only that there was something to spoil about there being another playable character, because she believes it shouldn't be spoiled.

Let me guess, its why he took the name Connor?
    Last edited by Zeta1127, Nov 2, 2012
  20. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    No.

All of this stuff takes place within the first couple of sequences in the game. I wouldn't have said it was a 'massive' spoiler.
  21. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, I was extremely disappointed.

Also, chase missions in this game are complete and total garbage. And wish they explained the convoy/crafting system better. I've found it to be rather confusing.

Shaun's a total jerk, by the way.
    Last edited by Zebra3, Nov 6, 2012
  22. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I had a choice to make between two hot games coming one immediately after the other. One has gotten cool "OK" reviews in the internets and here as well, whereas the other had been better received and so far it's extremely fun.

Sorry Connor, you looked so promising at first. Maybe next month. Right now I'd rather be wasting Covenant/Promethean tangos. :p
  23. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    I've been giving the game a hard time but the truth is I'm still having a crap ton of fun with it. I've already spent a good 20 hours on it and I've only just started sequence 8. There is a LOT to do and most of it is very fun.
  24. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    Finished this Friday night. All I have to say is that the whole game is incredible (with a few minor missteps here and there) and I thoroughly enjoyed the journey.

Honestly, I think Connor may be my favorite assassin. He's got a lot more personal drama than Altair and Ezio and I think his journey is a bit more fascinating.
  25. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    I haven't played the game yet but i have watched a walkthrough of game on Youtube and to me, Connor seems to have a bit of an attitude to him, and imo, Ezio is the best Assassin in all 5 games
    Darth_Invidious likes this.