main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well she was a "templar" in the first AC then revealed to be a Assassin then revealed to be a Templar

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't really hate that development, even though it's extremely apparent that it wasn't planned - that it was because Kristen Bell wanted out or more money or something.

There's a couple of Initiates posts that show Lucy's internal conflict, that she was actually considering leaving the Templars and helping Desmond. It's entirely possible that she wasn't going to betray them and that Juno just wanted Desmond to follow her desired path.

3. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Why didn't they just replace Kristen Bell with a different voice actress? Or were they restricted due to the physical likeness?

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    And why did Lucy not have a ring finger? Or was that retconned out since the hidden blade no longer needed that to happen?

5. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    She does have a ring finger she just bent her finger back as a signal to Desmond.

07jonesj likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Really? I never noticed that.

7. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    Well I hated Lucy, being a triple agent. Made little sense to me. Luckily, Ezio was the heart and soul of the franchise at that point, and Lucy and Desmond had little importance to me. I wonder now if others felt the same way for Ubisoft end Desmond's story?

All this leaded to pretty much to solar event that could destroy the earth????????? It made feel they haven't through this, quite right.

But what I don't like is pretty much lack of story of collecting some stuff has become. I liked the Followers of Romulus story to have that armour or buying the paintings to increase the value of the estate, but also the story behind feathers collecting in Assassin's Creed 2.

It simply giving a reason to why the character itself needs collecting those items. Now they simply, show up, just because.

PS: Oh Assassin's Creed 3 lack of romantic story, and make the character less about Connor's father, but actual making about the American revolution. Also being able to attack red coats and revolutionary guards (those that sided with the Templars), made me feel it lack of side. It was like Connor vs the entire American Revolution.

8. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Connor being against everyone else isn't what made AC3 a game with debatable popularity. IMO, that was perhaps one of the better things about the game.

9. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    Not to grind the convo to a halt but...

I am just now starting AC3, looking forward to it, as I am to AC: Black Flag.

10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I would try not to harm valorous red coats where I could, instead attacking the cowardly and small-penised revolutionaries at every turn.

11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    It is now. When it debuted, that game was as fresh as a mountain breeze and worth playing again.
    But I do agree that after the sequel, it was a dinosaur.

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I would say that II was the fresh breeze. That was honestly the most fun I had had with a game since back in 2003 with Jak II.

13. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    AC II was the best. I played that game so many times it was crazy. Just so much to do, the last mission infiltrating the Sistine Chapel was probably the best level I've ever played. And of course on a repeat I would don the black armour for the final mission because if it was a movie you KNOW that's how it would go.

14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    ACII was better...

The setting, the story, the gameplay... ACII improved upon everything, just as a great sequel should. But that doesn't diminish the original in any way... without Altair and his limited game mechanics, I wouldn't have had an interest in discovering the awesomeness that was Ezio and his twin throat cutters.

15. boomx2sjk

Nov 9, 2012
    The original got monotonous in terms of the main story though. Search out someone, kill em, give you a clue as they perish, repeat...

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    IDK, I soared through AC1 in about a week, so the monotony didn't get to me. I was also kept interested by the developments in Desmond's parts.

Contessa likes this.
  17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I might be able to get interested in the first one, if it wasn't still commandeered at the moment.

18. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    lol Isn't that what we've all been doing for the last six years?

19. JaMojo

JaMojo Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 24, 2014
    I'm gonna enter this conversation and say that my favorite was actually Brotherhood, although it's for a dumb reason. In Brotherhood, it was extremely easy to kill tons of enemies with kill streaks and I loved doing that, especially in the training in the animus. ACII, though, definitely had the best story, depth and missions. My only problem with it was the combat system just took too long to kill everyone without using all the equipment and stuff. Also, I miss the parachute.

I think they shot themselves in the foot when they decided to make a new game every year. They keep trying to outdo the last game by putting more stuff, but they don't have time to flesh it out. That being said, I think they are on the right track with Black Flag. The collection of stuff wasn't just random and pointless, it was used for upgrades and stuff, which are useful for the Legendary Ship fights and generally being more awesome. I also think they did really well with the combat. One of my major complaints about that game is the story is like 10% Assassins and 90% pirates. I love the pirating stuff, but it didn't feel like an Assassin's Creed story except there was this super powerful thing made by the gods. And the ending was really lame.

20. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    In Brotherhood, I particularly loved hitting that left shoulder button once I had a good cadre of trained recruits. There you are, surrounded by dozens of enemies, and suddenly with a whistle minions pop out of nowhere raining death all around you. It might've been a bit cheap, but it was oh so very satisfying. I know the mechanic has been included in all games since but the experience hasn't quite felt as that first time.

21. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I loved that too. It was a bit cheap but if they implemented something that made you actually take the time to upgrade your Assassin then it shouldn't be cheap. Thats one thing they should incorporate again in the next ones. They should make the Assassin's more likely to get hurt or killed when you call them which would negate the cheap feeling you get.

22. boomx2sjk

Nov 9, 2012
    haha, just didn't seem like there was enough variety of missions...

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  23. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I felt that way every time I had to chase somebody and tackle them.... here we go, again.:p

Or, you can be a good mentor and send your noobs out without any experience, or veteran support.[face_mischief]

24. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I've still got to start 'Assassins Creed IV'. I got it for Xmas but I've been using my free time to watch a season of movies and Clint Eastwood films...and happily I've nearly finished so will be starting it very soon and can't wait!

Each week building up to it is making me more excited.

I love this series of games, maybe a little disappointed with 'AC3' as I just expected a little more BUT still very enjoyable.

I think 'AC2' really sold my soul to the series, that was hugely enjoyable and full of detail and adventure. A brilliant series.

25. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Have we heard about the next game 'Assassins Creed: Unity'??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=478931827&pf_rd_i=300703

Seems like it's going to be set in the French Revolution...!

This sounds to be a "next-gen" title only but PS3/360 gamers are getting an alternate game:

'Assassins Creed: Comet' sounds like it will be a sailing game around the North of America to tie in with 'AC:U'.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/595...-360-and-ps3-to-feature-a-sailor-and-templar/

I'm already confused and a little disappointed that I feel old with just a 360 to my name and now getting pushed out so soon for future games.