main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Oh dear. Unplayable? It's that bad? Ubisoft really messed up and I think a lot of us are going to be thinking twice before buying another game from them in this franchise. It takes a while to build up respect with customers and it takes two seconds to lose them. Way to go Ubisoft.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  3. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    How did the testers not notice so many problems? Christmas isn't even until next month. There was no reason to rush.

Edit:

Rogue deserves a fair chance while Unity is given time to be fixed or reduce its retail price. Since Rogue seems to be Black Flag with a superior narrative, the game wastes no time getting you into the action. No more swimming around though, as the North Atlantic is noticeably colder than the Caribbean :p

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Because developers can't wait till the Uncanny X-Mas: Holiday shopping season starts long before then and, indeed, Black Friday is just around the corner. Publishers will want to launch their AAA titles as soon as possible in order to boost sales for the season and boost their 4Q sales figures. It seems that the now accepted industry norm is for the publisher to launch a title if it's "reasonably" finished and "tested" (even if at 90-95%) and hope that the developer will patch it along the way since, hey, it's assumed that all consumers have the necessary internet connection in order to install the "fixes" to the broken title. It sucks, it's unfair, but there it is. After all, it's software: launching a broken or incomplete piece of software won't kill anyone like, say, launching a car with faulty parts our production problems. Why should something as trivial as QC matter in the end, right?

So what's the lesson folks? Forget Day One purchases and wait for informed reviews. Especially when the product in question comes from now ****** developers.

Thuro and Jedi Ben like this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Gotten to Paris and haven't encountered any glitches quite yet.

6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

PC

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  8. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Looks like the consumers are the QA testers now LOL. Too bad they don't get paid.

9. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Draconarius likes this.
  10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Ubisoft is still a better company than EA

11. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
    EA was willing to push back Inquisition's release by a full year, and judging from the initial reviews, it seems to have payed off. Ubisoft rushed Unity out the door despite the fact that it clearly needed more time, and so far has ended up with egg on it's face.

Thuro and 07jonesj like this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Still terrible.

13. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    EA have been on the mend for the last year or so, while Ubisoft have been nothing but controversies. God help them if Far Cry 4 underwhelms.

Anyhow, I think I might actually be done with this franchise, despite how much I love it. Releasing two games (three if you count Liberation's port) in a year has successfully diluted the games to the point that they are no longer enjoyable. I've played a few hours of Rogue and it just makes me realise I'd rather replay Black Flag. Not to mention that waiting until Assassin's Creed XV to get some conclusion to the Juno plotline doesn't sound like something I'm into.

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    You're still terrible if that's the best argument you can come up with. But hey, if you're content paying full price (it should be the other way around) as an alpha tester for Boobysoft, hey kid, knock yourself out.

Ender Sai likes this.
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I didn't pay the full price, thank you very much

16. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Ender: I'm a review slave, so I avoided Unity and bought Rogue due to encouraging reviews and the fact that I haven't played anything other than Killer Instinct for about a year :p

Invid: Amazon is selling Unity for $10 off and Rogue for $5 off, both with free shipping.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Well encountered the frame rate issues

Won't bother playing till the update

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
  19. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    You were playing on the PS4?

20. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Only gaming system I have.

22. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

It's not day one purchases, it's pre-orders. Stop putting money down on things that don't actually exist yet.

23. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I haven't preordered a game since...maybe Arkham City.

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I honestly can't remember either. Maybe it was Mass Effect 3. And look how that crap turned out...

25. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

What, a solid game with a polarizing story? :p

Pre-orders really rely on the fact that you want a day-one copy, exclusive content, or cool statues and collectables. Sell the collectables separately, buy the content when it becomes cheap paid DLC for everyone, and purchase online/digital copies so that you don't have to worry about ensuring you have a disc.

Gorefiend likes this.