main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, the colonial American setting is breathtakingly beautiful and completely fascinating. The Revolutionary War is one of my favorite historical periods and they really captured it perfectly. It's just an amazing feeling being able to walk around in it. The games do such great jobs with their settings -- a huge part of the attraction is just how beautiful their worlds are, how fun and immersive and evocative it is to just walk around in them and get lost in the history. And if you think colonial America is beautiful, wait until you get to the Altair and Ezio games set in Italy and the Middle East. I've never seen better environments than I have in the AC games.

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    So has anyone else heard the news? No full AC game this year:

http://blog.ubi.com/a-message-from-the-assassins-creed-team/

I for one am ok with this decision. We have the movie coming out this year, and we had 2 full games in 2014.

Hopefully the break will give Ubisoft more time to really focus on making the next game excellent.

I found Syndicate's gameplay very enjoyable, but the story was rather bland in my eyes, other than the parts involving the Shroud and Edward Kenway. Ultimately I actually found Unity's story more interesting, though both were still quite weak in the series.

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    It's obviously a good move for Ubisoft (they'll likely have Watch Dogs 2 this fall to replace it), and apparently folks who have seen the next AC game set in Egypt say it's looking pretty great.

4. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  5. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    I welcome the decision for delay for 2017. First, better product and second will give me the opportunity to catch up, since I'm still in the middle of Unity and i still have Syndicate to play.

6. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
  7. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I will desperately miss the Creed this year, I know many people have wanted them to take a year off, but I will go stir crazy without a new game. :(

darskpine10 likes this.
  8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    For all its flaws, AC1 was a charming and I daresay revolutionary game. The formula was then perfected with AC2 and Brotherhood. But every game since has failed to recapture that charm, IMO. I think it's more than well if the franchise takes a hiatus, if not actually put to rest.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah honestly, while I appreciated the yearly releases I do realize that probably meant their development time was reduced in order to be consistently released like that. I feel like Unity was the biggest lesson they could have learned from, with Syndicate still coming out when it did probably because it was already too far along to delay further.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Just occupy yourself trying to 100% No Man's Sky! ;)

11. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Yes I try, but its not always easy. Throwing myself into Star Wars is my way to survive, it doesn't always work, but hey I might make it.

Besides we got films coming out this year, in both AC and SW. This will be fun, and hopefully make up for the absence of a new game.:)

12. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    The trailer's finally out:

13. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Don't care for the hip hop song but everything else looked cool.

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    How do you play that thing? Is it massive prolongued, photorealistic custscenes with little to no gameplay (eew, like Metal Gears, uggghh).

No Altair, no Ezio, GTFO.

:p

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Trailer was alright. Certainly looked pretty. Sick poster though

[​IMG]

16. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    He has two hidden blades? Who the hell does he think he is? Ezio?

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Well unlike Ezio it seems from that poster that he sacrificed one of his fingers for hidden blade use. ;)

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

Ezio and NotMagneto there are nearly contemporaries. Maybe the Spanish Assassins heard of this hotshot Italian kid wielding dual hidden blades and probably said to themselves "coño, porque no?"

Ender Sai and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  19. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Thanks to Unreleased Game Music on Youtube I was able to compile several tracks from the Freedom Cry DLC, that have never been released or even published before. It took a while to find the right tracks and their components. It really opened my eyes as to how complex the music system is in ACIV. Each combat track is broken up in about 4 or 5 short segments that play in a random order. It did make assembling some of the tracks niightmarishly fiddly, but at least the music's finally available to listen in some form.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEtVbo8oKTgqOLllQNviqsKoD4o9hKbTm

20. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    The Ezio Collection, coming to PS4 and XBONE November 17th.

I'm honestly surprised that it took Ubisoft so long to remaster these games. But now that it's almost here, I'm not entirely certain that I'd fork over $60 for it. Hopefully they made the Desmond segments of Revelations more tolerable. Those were pretty awful, imo.

21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    But what's the point of this upgrade? I already have ACII, Brotherhood, Revelations and all the DLC. So what's the motivation for upgrading? The graphics aren't noticeably better to my eye, and even if they were that's not enough of a motivation.

There's no new content either is there?

Also odd is the choice to omit AC1, the game that would benefit most from a few added features (mainly a database). It will also leave the collection starting on a loose end, carrying on from the cliffhanger ending of 1.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I don't mean to be an ass, but the answer's pretty simple: "new hardware that allows you to play new games, replacing obsolete and unsupported hardware". Regardless of that, if that absolutely does not interest you for any other games, there's no reason to buy that updated trilogy, especially if there's no new bells and whistles included in that package to sweeten the pot.

23. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

I admit that the visuals in the trailer aren't exactly jaw-dropping. However, I've played Black Flag on both the 360 (stunning, btw) and on the Xbox One, and I noticed the visual difference immediately. So maybe the trailer doesn't do the upgrade justice, because the Xbox One version of Black Flag was, imo, incredibly superior (though it might just be that I'm easily blown away by Black Flag's visual beauty regardless of console :p).

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Um, I played Black Flag on the 360 and then on the Xbone and, tbh, I didn't notice a spectacular level of difference. I mean, it is a beautiful game, no doubt, but there's only so much you can do as a developer to distinguish one version from another when you must create a graphics engine to fit both old and new gen consoles.

25. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Yeah. I didn't do a side by side comparison, so like I said, maybe I'm just enchanted by Black Flag itself. :p