main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I feel like there was more than enough Greek style stuff in Origins to not have a whole game based around Greece. Japan would definitley be my #1 choice.

Riven_JTAC likes this.
  3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    If Origins was originally going to include Greece as the article states, I think it's safe to assume the next entry will continue with Bayek as the protagonist. And while a feudal Japan game has sounded cool for a while now, it looks like Sucker Punch is filling that void with Ghost of Tsushima, so seeing an AC game take place in a similar setting would probably feel redundant.

And I guess they're sticking with bi-annual releases from now on?

4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    While I like the idea of going to Greece (Makes more sense than going back to Italy which has had more than enough attention in this franchise), if they're just continuing with the stories Aya and Bayek my biggest concern is the time period may not be as interesting. This is long past the era of feuding city states, Athens, Sparta, etc. Now that Greece is just another region of Rome I fear that may limit the story. I may have to do a refresher on my Greco-Roman history, but I can't think of much going on specific to Greece at this time period. Certainly no Cleopatra/Egyptian drama.

And if they go any further back in time, they might not have anything to work with that even resembles the Assassin Brotherhood.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  5. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Eh, maybe. I think the AC series is different enough to make it work. Plus, I think it's a good fit for the series anyway. European locales have been done to death, even if a Greek edition would be over a thousand years before the bulk of the mainline AC games.

6. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If a Grecian setting gives us a continuation of Aya and Bayek's story, I'm all for it. Sure, I'm as interested in an AC game set in Japan as anyone, but after Origins, I'm more than willing to wait just a little while longer if it means getting to spend some more quality time with the Brotherhood's founders.

7. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    So AC: origins gold edition is 50 on psn store or 60 on xbox store and syndicate is part of next months free games with gold.

Last time i touches an AC was unity release and all the app/ bugs at launch really turned me off for a while.

Is origins at 50 worth jumpin back into if ive missed the last couple of games?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Origins is almost completely standalone, you don't really need to know anything.

Riven_JTAC likes this.
  9. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Absolutely.

10. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    It seemed to me that there really wasn't more between them from the end of Origins onward. So it'd almost have to be their origin story.

11. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Just picked up a big load of AC comics in a gaming comic Humble Bundle. Got myself 4 issues of Locus, 9 Templars, 14 titled just Assassin's Creed, the ACIV: Black Flag manga adaptation Awakening (all 6 issues), 4 Uprising, 4 Reflections, and the new Origins. All for about £10.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agree. I love it and confirms my love of open world games. Can’t get enough of them.

13. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I finally started Origins (I got it over Christmas but have only just started playing). The new controls are a little difficult to get used to. I'm still very sloppy at the combat here, as I'm constantly fumbling over the RB, RT, and LB for heavy attack, light attack, and shield-block. I don't know how I feel about the series occasionally changing its control scheme. The change made combat very difficult for me in Assassin's Creed 3. I was appreciative when combat seemed easier in Black Flag (though I don't remember if it used the previous control scheme or the AC3 scheme).

Then the controls switched again for Unity, which made combat far more difficult than in Black Flag, but the parkour became noticeably better because of the changes, imo. If I'm not mistaken, Syndicate used a control scheme similar to Unity, but I think combat felt more polished (I thoroughly enjoyed playing as Evie).

Now the controls are again radically different for Origins, which has made me terribly hesitant to enter combat situations. I can't even figure out how to climb downwards. In Syndicate, all you had to do was hold RT and either A to climb or B to descend. This doesn't seem to be the same for Origins. RT + A still climbs, but RT + B doesn't seem to do anything other than crouch. So I've made a few unnecessary jumps just to get back down to ground level. :\

14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    You don't need to hold the trigger anymore to run or climb, Bayek just speeds up on his own (slower in urban areas to reduce loading pressure).

Just hold A to climb up, and B to climb down.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  15. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    So. Now there is this.

Looking forward to the next game. It's pretty obviously Greece, though there's not much in the trailer. Lots of rumors, not sure what's true and what's false. Are they continuing off of Aya and Bayek or will there be a new character? Maybe even a new Time period?

I can't see them going back before the formation of the hidden ones, but the most interesting parts of Greek history happened before they became part of the Roman Empire.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’ll get it, especially if it’s as good as Origins.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  17. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    wasn't the original leak that bayek is getting a trilogy

18. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I heard that rumor. Not sure if it's a legitimate leak.
    I'm just afraid if they go before Origins the game won't even really be recognizable as Assassins Creed.
    Not to mention some of the rumors about this game are really far out in left field. I will reserve judgement until we get more info.

bizzbizz likes this.
  19. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    Loved origins so I’m happy to back ubi in

20. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Origins was certainly a good over all game. Always room for improvement.
    As long as it stays true to the lore, and has interesting characters, I'm sure I'll be satisfied.

themoth likes this.
  21. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
  22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Ok, exactly how do all these choices fit with the narrative of reliving the past as it happened with the animus?
    I have a bad feeling about this.[face_plain]

23. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Dang, wasn't expecting them to go so far back in time. Since it's much closer to Darius' time, maybe we'll see the origins of his connection to the Creed (he's dead by the time Odyssey takes place, but maybe the player will retrieve his blade or something).

I hope it's good. So far, the facial animations during dialogue seem a little wonky and robotic. Maybe they'll have polished it up by the time it comes out. Branching dialogue and different story outcomes are new to AC, so I wonder if they'll be done with any amount of depth, or if it will be a very surface-level addition. Not too concerned about the modern-day part of the story, it became less and less relevant to me as the historical recreations of world and characters became more engrossing. I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied with the story and gameplay of Origins so if its more of the same, I'm good.

The Aegean looks absolutely gorgeous. Kassandra is absolutely gorgeous. Alexios is gorgeous. I'm down to get freaky in Greece.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  24. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    this guy has 30mins of gameplay up but be careful since he is doing some kind of mission