main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    The best way I've found to do it is to let them run past you, then while they're turning around for another pass, run up to them really quick and hijack them. A quick kill after that should be pretty easy.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Get the crossbow then shoot 'em dead!

3. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Huh. The mounted enemies have never proven troublesome for me. I've always just countered their attacks and they all seem to fall from their saddles, ripe for me to deliver a killing strike.

4. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    One of the first things I noticed about that game and truly disliked. Though they're pretty much the same controls as AC2, so it only goes to show we're spoiled by Red Dead, because I had no problem with it before. :p

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    It's hard not to be spoiled by RDR and mighty John Marston. :p

6. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Absolutely. By the by (off-topic) I'm about down with my second play through so I can get 100% on the game (RDR). :p

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Oh yeah, you had a glitch a while back that prevented you from getting 100% there, right?

Just nailed the Perfect Recall "cheevo" on Sequence 2. "All too easy", as Lord Vader might say. Now to burn me some more towers...

8. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes, yes I did. I'm about 1/2 hour of playtime from fishing it.

I also got the Perfect Recall achievement on Sequence 2, seemed easiest (save for the 8 minute underground Romulus cavern/ruins run, which I took my time on the first time to find my way through, then restarted for a speed-run).

9. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I tried doing a speed run through the Tomb of Romulus on my first go. But every time I thought I was near the end, I came upon another section and finally just gave up on the time.

10. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I did the same thing. So finally I just decided to take my time and remember what to do and where I was. Once I saw the end, I restarted the memory and did it over again, much faster.

I prefer the memories that require things like "only lose 1 block of health" or something. I'm not a fan of timed anything...

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    There's really no way you could do that first run under 8 minues, since a good chunk of the time you'll be "walking" tentatively as you get your bearings and navigate the maze. But once you do it on a first try and remmeber the path you must follow, all you have to do is revisit the memoy on the DNA strand so you can "get it right", without affecting your overall progress.

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Ditto. And that's why I didn't finish the last Curtesan mission and the Guild challenges for the Thieves. The timing missions were ALL annoying, but none were worse than the one late in the game where I had to chase some dude and tackle him. I tackled eveyone ELSE but him. When I did get him, I wasn't even trying.... it just happened on its own. I didn't complain.

My buddy called me last nite (the one who borrowed ACB) and he's stuck in the 3-Sandbag-Romulus mission. I told him to YouTube it when he wasn't getting what I said. I fell from the ceiling and died and was restarted by the last bag, so I had no idea how to get up to that last spot.

13. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I wouldn't have gotten past many Truth clusters if not for good ol' Youtube

14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I didn't even bother.
    The last game turned me off from ever wanting to unlock those mini-movies. Anybody else pull off a parachute assassination? The horse-to-horse kill is child's play, whacking a moving target while gliding with one of THOSE things... now that, takes some skill.

15. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    So, I just finished the story mode and two things occurred to me:

1) The leap of faith never gets old :D

but more importantly

2) I don't know what the hell is going on any more. Seriously! What the hell kind of gibberish was that ending anyway?! :p

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It doesn't, does it? And here they go one step further, leap of faith from a burning tower!

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    The burning towers were a top-notch tweak to an already epic-move.
    If only the fire had been done just a LITTLE bit better.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Finally did the kill in the baths, yeah you know the one I'm talking about.

The one where when you locate the target, there's a cut-scene of her seeing you and running away! What the hell is that all about? You can't assassinate evil women? Why not?

So, deciding to screw full synch - you want me to do that, let me creep up and air assassinate the cow - I sicced my assassins on her and one of 'em got her! Ye-es.

19. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Was that the assassination mission called 'Red Handed'?

Personally, I wanted to see the towers completely destroyed after lighting them on fire. Or maybe with just the top blown off.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It was one of the Templar agent missions, can't recall the name off-hand.

Sadly, I've played it enough now that some flaws are coming to light like the camera becoming schitozphrenic when a horseback enemy enters a fight, the amount of trees that block the camera during a fight and the very crappy design of the Leonardo weapon missions. Being detected while in flight to assassinate a target by a target and being desynchronised makes no sense whatsoever, in a second he'll be dead!

Oh well, suppose they have to have a few things to correct for Assassin's Creed 3.

21. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    So I'm no longer getting the option to play multiplayer. My start-up screen consists of the following options:
    Story Mode
    Options
    Extras

WTH? Before this happened, I was asked to download an update. So is multiplayer down??

22. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    I'm seeing the multiplayer option.

But, I suck really bad at it so I don't play it too much :(

23. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    So, I actually had Assassin Creed 2 in the disc drive, not Brotherhood [face_blush]

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    :oops:

You know, I think I would've kept that for myself, had that happened to me. :p

After more than ten hours in on the single player alone, I sincerely wonder how could some people rate this game lower than 9.5. It's so freaking AWESOME. I'm nearly overwhelemed with all the things to do in the single player sandbox, all the while building this army of ninjas that come down screeching like eagles, delivering death in the middle of a mission with just the push of a button. I sincerely hang back and snicker in delight when my minions slaughter everyone around me. The sense of power is truly intoxicating.

As for the multiplayer, I sincerely have not played that much of it, but it's definitely an exercise in controlled paranoia as you hunt and are hunted at the same time. I just wish there were better options to succesfully deflect enemies that spring at you from the back or sides; I find the stun option as absolutely useless unless a hunter is charging at you head on.

25. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I think I'm a level 20 now in MP, and I can tell you from experience that the stun button isn't something to rely on when you're trying to get away from a pursuer.

The thing with the stun button is that it only works if you surprise your pursuer first. This is most easily done with smoke bombs or firecrackers, as if you do it right when your pursuer is close enough, he/she becomes immediately disoriented, giving you a half second to press the stun button.

Also, I found that you can repeatedly stun a pursuer by standing directly behind him after he's fallen and pressing the stun button again as soon as he gets back up. Each stun is worth something like 200 points. Of course, this tactic is risky because other pursuers might be advancing on your location.

Aside from surprising/stunning a pursuer, a good way to rack up points when you're being pursued is to hide in a crowd of identical character models. You also gain points for sitting on benches, etc. If you advance a couple levels, you'll eventually get the Morph and Disguise abilities, both of which can come in handy when deflecting pursuit. Morph turns an entire crowd around you into the exact same character model as you for a few seconds. Disguise turns you into a different character model for a few seconds.

MP can be incredibly fun and addictive. We should do a game some time, as I now have a 360-S in the living room so I'm not bound to play Live in the bedroom anymore. :)