main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    No, I just went through the single-player. Entirely forgot about MP!

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Let me know how the MP aspect is; heard there's new characters and such?

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Sorry, you'll need someone else for the MP section - can't say it's one I've ever been that interested in.

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, it' definitely NOT recommended to skip AC2 before jumping into AC:B, since AC:B IS the direct sequel to AC2.

5. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    What Factions would yall recommend putting in place?

I just refurbished Bartholo's Inn and there is an empty faction building on the property but I didnt fill it yet. Does it make an impact on the story at all???

6. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    hmm...i've been wondering this myself. I've just been evenly distributing the empty buildings amongst all factions.

7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I found it dosent really matter. Its just personal prefrence of what skills you want in different areas.

8. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, I really paid no mind as to giving what building to which faction. You and your ninja army are so powerful, none of the courtesans ,thieves or mercs are ever really needed in the game in such a way that putting such and such faction in such a building serve little to no tactical advantage. Do with the buildings as you will.

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm more likely to use the ladies to hide in a group than I am to use thieves & mercs to start a fight, but I've completed the game and it has no bearing whatsoever on who/how much you use...just as long as you fix it up and put someone in.

10. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Downloading on Steam now. No option to pre-load, so it'll probably be another day or two before it's done.

11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    What cant I change my Assassin's clothes dye once they reach assassin level??? This has me pissed off.

12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    upped for question above.

13. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    You can't because they are wearing Assassin's robes now. The white is a symbol of the Order going back to Altair (who stayed in white robes the whole game).

14. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Ezio's such a pompous show-off, dying his robes this color and that!

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Comes with owning all of Rome's real-estate and having your own ninja-army. Of course you can dress as you damn well want. :p

16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Well that just sucks esp since it lets you change their colors earlier...

What about leveling them up once they are Assassins? Cause there are missions worth 2400xp and their survival rate is low even when they are full assassins

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Simple, don't have your Assasin's undertake them until they're at a higher level (9-10). That or use as many assasins as possible to assure a 100% chance of success. I never lost a single Assassin that way. If you wanna level up your troops faster, use them whenever and wherever possible, be it on missions or even rooftop or groundside guards you don't like when you're free-roaming. They gain XP even with such menial tasks.

18. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Yeah, I managed to get through the entire game without ever losing a single assassin, too. Just sent enough of them that every mission had a 100% success rate, and avoided any missions that I couldn't get that on until they were at a higher level. Doesn't even take that long that way, either, considering how much running around you have to do and how big Rome is.

19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    LMAO yall know this is the first time Im even hearing that you can send more then one of them on a mission....!!! :D

20. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I lost my first assassin the other day. I was pretty shocked. It was my only level 6 at the time. He had a 68% chance of success, but he's had lower chances on previous missions and has always emerged victorious, so I didn't think anything of it.

I didn't even get to say goodbye. :(

21. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I did all those missions just so I could read the cool stories about the results. Suck on that Queen Isabella.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, that's why you should never send one assasin or more without a 100% chance of success. That small margin of error can lead to untimely deaths. I played my Ezio like I played my Shepard: I took care of my own and never left a man or woman behind. :D

23. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    So thick into ACB right now and I have a question. I only have 3 assassin arrows yet have I have 12 assassins and I have destoryed all the Borgia towers. Am I missing completeing something or is there only 3 arrows in the game?

24. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Yes, you can only have 3 assassin deployments. Once you get arrow storm there aren't any more.

25. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Anymore arrows and it would sap any difficulty out of the game. Walk into one room, arrow storm and everyone is dead, rinse and repeat.

Wish I could get this game back from my brother so I can get the DLC once PSN comes back.