main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Altered Perceptions (AU L/M & everybody else) COMPLETED 17 NOV EPILOGUE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Ginchy: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, messing with time is bad news if you wake up married to Lando!! Oh, poor Mara. I would scream too. And it's not that Lando's a bad guy, she likes him. She's just in love with someone else. I hope she can get back to him soon...!
    I think I will post the next chapter when RedGold posts her next update of Symbols.

JediMara77: Meaning...fix it! See, I knew all this was too good to be true. HMPH.
    Come on, this is time travel things can go wrong.

Lady_Misty: This is almost like the second Back to the Future movie when Marty gets back from the future and tries to enter his house only to find that it isn't his house.
    Yeah, that is if Marty finding his home isn?t his house is just like waking up with a naked man in your bed. Then yeah, it is almost like it. :p

Book-Geek: face-desk* Lando? Of all the people in the galaxy she could have woken up with, it had to be Lando?
    Lando is a nice guy and Mara and Lando worked together a lot. Didn?t they destroy the Death Star prototype together? Then they were undercover working together for a while. So why wouldn?t it be Lando?

Hazel: * wandering around looking for something that will take certain images out of my head before bedtime *
    Mind bleach!!

Briannakin: But NOOOOOOO! Luke can't be with icky CRAY! If he can't be with Mara and he can't be with me, then he gets no one.
    Okay, we have Briannakin the stalker. I heard Luke had to get a restraining order against you.

Jade_eyes: Yikes! I'm with Hazel! So it was Briannakin's offhand remark that got Lando and Mara hooked up -- although without the eye of palps around, it does make sense that other stuff did and didn't happen - Cray having the hots for Luke - fine - but did he have to fall for her? He soulda realized if he couldn't have Mara, he'd be bored with anyone else.

Okay I do want to say that Luke believing Mara was dating Lando is CANON! So Mara is off traveling with Lando during this time. She is seen wearing his clothing. I believe Leia makes a holocall to her and finds her buttoning up one of Lando?s shirts if I remember correctly. The profic authors were doing everything in their power to make us readers believe Lando and Mara were dating.

So Luke believes Mara is dating Lando. He thinks she is unavailable and somebody comes along and is interested in him. Why wouldn?t he date Cray? He dated a force reanimated corpse that was once Cray but inhabited with the personality of a Jedi that was 40 years older than him. Is that any better than him being with the real Cray?

And how the heck do we even know Callista was actually a female Jedi. That could be a lie. I bet it wasn?t Callista but Cal a transgender Jedi. That could be worse. PLOT BUNNY!!![face_thinking]

I think I will do my own Ginchy-shine of the Cray/Luke relationship. A bonus chapter. Now that would be evil![face_devil]

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Nah, if I am going to stalk anyone, its Ben. At least he is my age.

You do that and I will do my own Ginchy-shine of Mara/Lando. Don't tempt me.

3. wbsaw

wbsaw Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2008
    LANDO? LANDO!!!
    Now YOU are officially evil!! Turns out I was premature in my earlier statements!!

Ginchy..if Mara goes back too far she will have to redo the assassination of Nom Anor and the wipe out of the first Vong wave...Then we're back where we started.......

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Hey, guys--look what I said earlier in the thread! Trust Jedi_Lover. Trust ginchy. Y'all trust lil' ole ginchy dontcha??? [face_devil]

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay, let's just calm down. Put the Mara/Lando ginchy-shine down and we can talk about this. Nobody needs to get hurt.

That is true. If she goes too far back it probably will render the other flow walks null and void. Unless Jedi_lover, who has OCD and constantly thinks about these things, can figure out a way to counteract that problem. Of course there are always going to be paradoxes in time travel. Sort of like how did Kyle Reese father John Connor when it was John Connor who sent Kyle back in the first place. It's a loop. So I am sure I can't answer all the questions, but since I am just hoping to get to some boot knocking, I really don't care.

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I thought I should put in another update to help purge those Lando/Mara images from your brain. Anyway, I was scared I was going to have a bunch of L/M 'shippers with pitchforks and torches on my front lawn if I didn't fix this soon.

~JL~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 8

Mara slowly became conscious of her surroundings as she came out of the Force-flow. The first thing she noticed was a cool breeze across her face and the sounds of a busy city. She slowly opened her eyes and took in her surroundings. She found herself on the Palace roof on Coruscant overlooking Imperial City. The sun was just setting coloring the sky a brilliant orange. This was the Imperial City she remembered from her youth, a bustling metropolis with skyscrapers of every size and shape punctuating the skyline. It was an urban area that stretched from horizon to horizon full of millions upon millions of residents?until the Vong arrived and destroyed the city once called the Jewel of the Galaxy.

?Mara??

?Over here,? she said as she turned to face Luke. He was wearing his usual black pants and tunic, which would usually garner a disapproving remark from Mara, but this time she barely noticed his attire; he was so incredibly young. Mara found herself immediately mesmerized by his face. His blue eyes were bright and full of life, his face was smooth and tanned with a mop of blond hair blowing in all directions in the wind. This was her Luke, this is the man she loved. Mara tried to clamp down on her feelings so not to confuse the Jedi, but she knew her happiness to see Luke leaked out and washed over him.

Luke grinned and came up beside her. ?Quite a view, isn?t it??

She remembered she gave him some snarky comment decades ago during this moment, but she just couldn?t bring herself to make things hard for him anymore.

?Yes it is,? she simply said.

?So how are you feeling?? he asked.

She told him the truth, ?I feel wonderful.?

Luke gave her an odd expression, as if he expected her to say something else. ?So what do you think about the idea of being a liaison between the Smuggler?s Alliance and the New Republic?? he asked cautiously.

Mara laughed softly. She remembers arguing against the plan with Luke despite the fact she thought it was a good idea at the time.

?I like the idea of liaising with you,? she grinned mischievously.

Luke?s eyes widened in surprise and appeared to be at a loss of words. Mara couldn?t blame him, what she was saying and about to do was completely out of character for a 9 ABY Mara.

?Was there something else?? she asked.

Luke smiled brightly. ?You?re getting good at that.?

?Your fault for teaching me too well. Come on, what is it?? The words came easily to her, she remembered this time and place all too well. It was burned into her memory because it meant so much to her at the time.

?Just this,? Luke reached into his tunic and pulled out a lightsaber.

Mara knew exactly what it was and where it came from, but she continued the dialog. ?What?s this??

?It?s my old lightsaber,? Luke said softly. ?The one I lost at Cloud City, and nearly got killed with at Wayland.? He held it out to her. ?I?d like you to have it.?

Somehow reliving this event with the knowledge of what Luke and her would share in the future made the moment even sweeter. She gave him a brilliant smile as she took the weapon. ?Thank you, Luke.?

?You?re welcome.? He touched her hand. ?I?ll be in the conference room with the others when you?re ready to come down.? He turned to leave but Mara grabbed hold of his hand pulling him back to her. Before he could react she gave him a warm embrace. Luke stood stiff for a moment not knowing what to do, but after a few seconds he hugged her back. Mara relished the moment.

She wasn?t sure how far she should take this. If she pushed him too far would he think she was a crazed, wanton woman? Mara thought it would be best to let him make the first real romantic move. Unfortunately, this was her shy Farmboy and she wasn?t sure if it would take him ten years and a Force mind meld be

7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    JL, as long as you never come after me with a pitchfork, you have nothing to worry about. ;)

Awwww, young Luke and Mara. I loved writing them at that age, and reading it was also lovely.

I'm still worried about all these changes Mara is making. To say I'm really excited to see where you go with this is an understatement.

Great job!

8. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Awwwwwww!!!!![face_love] This has made the perfect end to my day![:D]

So what surprises is Mara going to have in store for herself when she gets home, I wonder?[face_thinking]

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Awwww! Young love! (except, they are both almost 30 by 9 ABY, but, whatever). That kiss was so sweet [face_love] :*. I REALLY hope this means they now got married about 10 ABY and had plenty of time for Skycrawler making!

I guess, if you continue to be nice and not do a Cray/Luke bonus scene, I won't be mean and traumatize you all with a Mara/Lando scene and make you all scrub your brains with bleach.

10. LVB

LVB Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    So many updates! So many awesome updates! I literally laughed out loud when I read the Mara/Lando scene. Evil! [face_devil] I didn't really see Cray/Luke though. That certainly threw me!

Loved it though and I'm glad you were terrified of the torch-wielding L/M fans and gave us something delicious :D.

I wonder what kind of life Mara is returning to? Weeeee!!!

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Now, that's more like it! :D [face_love]

You know, this is what I imagined happening after TLC 's last scene. When I found out it took them 10 years to get there, I was very disappointed. But you fixed it! ;)

12. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    Anyway, I was scared I was going to have a bunch of L/M 'shippers with pitchforks and torches on my front lawn if I didn't fix this soon.

Well, I don't have a torch. :D I find this story very interesting and looking forward to see what future they will get eventually. :)

The only problem I have here:
    It was not exactly a terrible prospect?making passionate love with a young twenty-something Luke Skywalker. It would be like an extended honeymoon, before they even got married.

I want more details! :p
    And I love this first shy kiss sooo much...[face_love]

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! SQUEE! SQUEE!

I don't know if this fixes things, but like JL, I hardly care at this point [face_laugh]

[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Wonderful! =D= =D= Just the superbly perfect wrap-up to TLC. :D Did actually feel right! ;)

14. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    HEY! 30 IS STILL YOUNG!

/get off my lawn

:_|

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    JediMara77 you have to remember Briannakin in is the person who said she would prefer being with Ben than Luke because he is more her age. For a lot of us if we dated somebody Ben's age we would end up in jail.[face_worried]

I always thought men don't look their best until they hit their late 30s.

16. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I would never show up at your house with a pitchfork and torch. My dad would kill me for taking the only pitchfork we have and I don't approve of threatening to burn down houses.

17. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Fascinated. How cool. :D Ugh, Landa and Mara... eeeeew.

18. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I was talking to JM77 just the other day about how I used to be way younger than Luke in ANH and now I'm quite a bit older than he was in ROTJ! But I don't care how old he is (as evidenced by my obsession with the 'too hot to be a widower' pic. [face_laugh])

LOVE this update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the chapter I'd 'shine if I weren't nanoing. Maybe after Nano...[face_mischief] I love how she is just a little bit nice to him and he can't get enough. LOL And how he is raring to go... [face_devil]

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    How come every time you say nano I think of Mork from Ork (really dating myself here). I was thinking about their first night together. That would be an awesome shine. After all, after 20 years of boot knocking in the other time line Mara would really know what he likes and dislikes. She could always say it was their Force connection that makes her so in tune with him romantically.

Luke had no chance. He has Mara with the hot body of a late 20 or early 30 year old, but with the romantic experience of a cougar! LOL! Plus Mara knows all of his pet peeves and knows to avoid them. She knows his favorite foods, drinks, movies. She would be the perfect date for Luke.

Lets see, Luke was 18 in 1977 when ANH came out. I was a little younger than him then, but not much.

20. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] It's like one mind, lady. I think I'll be writing this in December. [face_mischief]

21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    JediMara77: I'm still worried about all these changes Mara is making. To say I'm really excited to see where you go with this is an understatement.
    Somewhere good I hope. People have their own vision of what would be great. Hopefully my vision for my favorite couple will match my readers.

Book-Geek: This has made the perfect end to my day!
    Thanks! I felt bad about pulling a shenanigan on you guys. But I bet you didn?t see that coming from me. LOL!

Briannakin: I REALLY hope this means they now got married about 10 ABY and had plenty of time for Skycrawler making!
    I always take requests from my readers. I will see what I can do.

LVB: So many updates! So many awesome updates! I literally laughed out loud when I read the Mara/Lando scene. Evil! I didn't really see Cray/Luke though. That certainly threw me!
    I had to throw in the Cray plot line because why in the world would Mara marry anybody but Luke unless Luke was currently attached.

Hazel: You know, this is what I imagined happening after TLC 's last scene. When I found out it took them 10 years to get there, I was very disappointed. But you fixed it!
    It really should have been this way or the authors should have had them interacting more somewhere in the books. It was like only Zahn wanted to write about Mara. You know I bought the entire YJK series just to see if Luke and Mara show up in those books. What a disappointment.

Piper057: The only problem I have here:
    It was not exactly a terrible prospect?making passionate love with a young twenty-something Luke Skywalker. It would be like an extended honeymoon, before they even got married.

I want more details!

You had me for a moment. I thought you didn?t like the idea of Luke and Mara knocking boots. As for details?I leave that to ginchy and she is doing Nano. I told her I was going to drag this out until the end of the month, but I get excited and want to post. So if you don?t get a shine to this in a timely manner it is entirely my fault.

Jade_eyes: Wonderful! Just the superbly perfect wrap-up to TLC. Did actually feel right!
    I thought so too. I could see Luke going for it if he had just a little encouragement.

Lady_Misty: My dad would kill me for taking the only pitchfork we have and I don't approve of threatening to burn down houses.
    That?s my policy at my home also. My boys are forbidden from burning down the neighbor?s house.

CurtisZidaneZiraa: Fascinated. How cool. Ugh, Landa and Mara... eeeeew.
    Sorry about the Lando/Mara thing. At least she didn?t come out of the flow while they were doing those nightly maneuvers.

I look forward to it! Maybe we can work together. I can provide the thoughts and you do the physical aspect of the story.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    There is one more chapter after this. An epilogue that will tie everything together. I hope you have enjoyed this story! I had fun writing it and hearing all the comments.

~JL~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 9
    When Mara woke up she found herself in bed, but not on the Shadow. She appeared to be in her and Luke?s apartment on Coruscant, although it was decorated a bit differently than what she remembered. She rolled over in bed and was relieved to see a blond head peaking out from under the covers. She cautiously pulled down the sheets to reveal the man?s face. It was Luke from 40 ABY, but Mara did think he looked a little younger. His hair did not have as much streaks of grey and some of the worry lines that had sprung up on his forehead and at the side of his eyes in recent years were gone. She rolled closer to him and lightly kissed his cheek and neck. Luke remained asleep but she saw a slight smile grace his lips. She gave him another kiss, this one more demanding. Luke woke up and turned his head to lock his lips on her. When they parted Luke smiled warmly.

?That is my favorite way to wake up,? he said with a grin.

Mara beamed. ?Mine too.? She kissed him again this time a little more persistent, wanting to continue on to more pleasurable activities. Luke laughed happily as he pulled away from her. ?Mara, I don?t think we have time for this, Owen and Aria will be here with the kids soon.?

This caught Mara off guard. ?Who?? She asked confused. Luke furrowed his brow. ?Your son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren, you do remember them?? He laughed.

Mara clamped down on her shields so Luke wouldn?t sense her confusion. ?Of course, I am just a little groggy in the morning.? Immediately her thoughts went to Ben. Did she have her son Ben?

?Where?s Ben,? she asked nonchalantly.

Luke shrugged. ?In bed I guess. He was up all night watching some holo-thriller. He?ll probably sleep in until noon.?

Mara was trying frantically to recall the memory thread that led her to this moment. She had so many diverse recollections that it was hard to separate them without concentrating.

?I think I?ll make some caf,? Mara said as she got out of bed and wrapped a robe around her. ?Do you want some??

Luke threw the covers off his body and sat up and rubbing his eyes. ?Maybe later, I?m going to take a shower.? He stood and kissed her and then padded over to the ?fresher.

Mara let out a sigh of relief as she made her way down to the kitchen. She needed some caf, but she also needed time to think. It would take a while to recall all the memories of this lifetime.

As she moved down the hall her attention was caught by a holophoto hanging on the wall. It was a family portrait and a recent one judging by the ages of the people in it. Luke and Mara were standing in the background. Next to them stood a blond man who had a strong resemblance to Luke. In his arms was a blond baby wearing traditional boy clothing. Next to the young man was a beautiful woman who cuddled an infant girl with strawberry blond hair. In the foreground was a couch where Ben was seated. The redheaded teenager had a wide lopsided grin and a mischievous look in his eyes?as if he was thinking of ways to disrupt the portrait sitting. Next to her son was a young woman with bright red hair and piercing green eyes. She was sitting next to a handsome man in a Galactic Alliance Naval Uniform. On his lap was a small boy, no older that two, with reddish brown hair. Everybody was smiling at the camera operator looking like the perfect family.

It took a moment before the reality of the situation hit her. She had three children and by the looks of it she had three grandchildren! She slowly turned toward the kitchen dazed. She definitely needed some caf. As she walked by the family room she saw Ben crashed out on the couch asleep. The holoprojector was still on but at this time of the morning it was showing an infomercial for a new revolutionary girdle guaranteed to take four inches off your waistline. She quietly walked into t

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    SCRUPMTIOUS SCRUMPTIOUS!

[:D] [:D]

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

So. Totally. Perfectamundo [face_laugh] ;)

[face_love] [face_love] !!!

and mega-thanks for this, JL!

24. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Aww! I love this![face_love]

A much better future then what's in the EU.

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    SQUEEEEE, SQUEEEEEEE & SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful future indeed. :D [face_dancing] And it's the one they deserve.

Hahaha, Anakin has 6 kids. [face_laugh]