main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Alternate ending to Return of the Jedi [Complete and in one post!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi_master_ousley, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    This is my first fanfic, and I'm just getting started. I need feedback on whether the characters are in character, and how I could help some things sound better.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

[hr][hr]

[b]Alternate Ending to [i]Return of the Jedi[/i] focussing on Luke
    Summary:[/b] An alternate ending to Return of the Jedi focussing on Luke, showing what could have been.
    [b]Characters:[/b] Luke, Anakin/Vader, Palpatine

Disclaimer: The characters and world in which this story takes place were created by George Lucas, and I am only expanding on those ideas. I've taken a few elements and quotes from the movie, and combined them into certain situations.

[hr]

[b]Origionally posted: 3-7-03[/b]

?You want this, don?t you? Take your Jedi weapon. Strike me down with it, and your journey to the dark side will be complete!? Those words, spoken by Palpatine, hit Luke hard and tore him in two. He could give in and kill the Emperor, ridding the galaxy of his evil, but what would become of it? He feared himself becoming what the Emperor was, becoming just as evil and twisted. [i]No, fear is the path to the dark side[/i], he reminded himself.

He looks out the window, watching the Imperial fleet obliterate the Rebellion?s ships. He felt he [i]must[/i] destroy the Emperor, he [i]must[/i] redeem his father. The thought was so compelling he turned to pull his lightsaber to him with the Force, but stopped. [i]This is not the way[/i], he told himself. [i]There has to be another way to do this.[/i]

He turned back to the window. He watched the Imperials continue to destroy Rebel ships. His anger overcame him. He turned quick, reached out to the Force, and pulled his lightsaber to him. He struck out at the Emperor, but there was his father, stopping him. He knew his father was feeling conflict, knew it was there, but knew that it would be hard to pull him back, the light overwhelming the dark.

Luke pulled his lightsaber back, beating down his emotions, not wanting to give in to the battle. But Vader had other ideas. He stuck a blow towards Luke?s legs, and Luke barely blocked it, not being prepared. Luke then stuck to Vader?s shoulder, not wanting to do too much damage. It didn?t matter, for Vader blocked it, forcing Luke?s lightsaber down, slashing the floor. Vader stuck back up, aiming for Luke?s neck. Luke leaped back, and lost his balance on an uneven piece of flooring, almost falling.

He regained his balance, and launched himself at Vader, swinging a low strike at his feet. He knew he couldn?t injure his father too bad if he was going to have any chance of succeeding, but he had to slow him down to let him see any reasoning.

Vader jumped up, overstepping the strike, and launched an attack at Luke?s midsection. Luke blocked, somersaulting back at the same time, landing on a catwalk, turning off his lightsaber. He realized then that combat was not the way to help his father back to the light side, because it only fueled Vader?s and his own dark side emotions.

?I cannot fight you father. It is not good for either of us. I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate, and give the light side another chance.?

?There is no conflict. It is too late for me, son,? Vader replied. Luke knew this was not true, he could sense the good in his father, but also knew his father would not admit it, not here, not now, not in the presence of the Emperor.

?Please father, accept your emotions. You know you are feeling conflict.? He knew this would not work, that driving the point in would not help, but he had to do it anyway.

?There is no conflict. I will not turn back.? Luke knew, once again, his father was just saying this, and wondered if the Emperor could sense it as well.

His question was answered almost immediately. Palpatine stood up, walking that direction. ?Stupid boy. Your father will never be turned.?

Luke couldn?t take it. He jumped off the catwalk, flying down towards the ground, dodging a blow from Vader, and ran towards the Emperor.

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I got curious about this when I saw you had asked a question about Mara. [face_devil] I hope you plan to include her. ;) I was going to ask if you were going to add her. [face_mischief]

Good start by the way!

3. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, I'm including Mara. I'm going to make it so her hyperdrive was just a little bit faster... [face_devil]

4. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    See first post for this update. :)

5. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    See first post for this update. :)

6. Tessine-Sabe

Tessine-Sabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2003
    Interesting. I've never seen an alternate ending to this. I never thought anyone would try one, but you've got a good start. Are you going to continue with this story? I'll keep my eye on it :)

Tess

7. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I may one day continue it on in the Beyond the Saga Forum, but right now I'm going to really start concentrating on my Episode III story, which can be found here

If I do decide to continue on, I'll be sure to let you know.

8. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
  9. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
  10. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.