main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Alternate Ending to Return of the Jedi** Updates in new forum. Check first and last post for link

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_ousley, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    ALL FURTHER UPDATES CAN BE FOUND HERE

[hr][hr]

This is my first fanfic, and I'm just getting started. I need feedback on whether the characters are in character, and how I could help some things sound better.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

[hr][hr][hr]

[b]Alternate Ending to [i]Return of the Jedi[/i] in Luke?s POV
    Summary:[/b] An alternate ending to Return of the Jedi in Luke?s POV, showing what could have been.
    [b]Characters:[/b] Luke, Anakin/Vader, Palpatine

I?ve taken many elements and quotes from the movie, and combined them into certain situations.

Disclaimer: The characters and world in which this story takes place were created by George Lucas, and I am only expanding on those ideas.

[hr]

?You want this, don?t you? Take your Jedi weapon. Strike me down with it, and your journey to the dark side will be complete!? Those words, spoken by Palpatine, hit Luke hard and tore him in two. He could give in and kill the Emperor, ridding the galaxy of his evil, but what would become of it? He feared himself becoming what the Emperor was, becoming just as evil and twisted. [i]No, fear is the path to the dark side[/i], he reminded himself.

He looks out the window, watching the Imperial fleet obliterate the Rebellion?s ships. He felt he [i]must[/i] destroy the Emperor, he [i]must[/i] redeem his father. The thought was so compelling he turned to pull his lightsaber to him with the Force, but stopped. [i]This is not the way[/i], he told himself. [i]There has to be another way to do this.[/i]

He turned back to the window. He watched the Imperials continue to destroy Rebel ships. His anger overcame him. He turned quick, reached out to the Force, and pulled his lightsaber to him. He struck out at the Emperor, but there was his father, stopping him. He knew his father was feeling conflict, knew it was there, but knew that it would be hard to pull him back, the light overwhelming the dark.

Luke pulled his lightsaber back, beating down his emotions, not wanting to give in to the battle. But Vader had other ideas. He stuck a blow towards Luke?s legs, and Luke barely blocked it, not being prepared. Luke then stuck to Vader?s shoulder, not wanting to do too much damage. It didn?t matter, for Vader blocked it, forcing Luke?s lightsaber down, slashing the floor. Vader stuck back up, aiming for Luke?s neck. Luke leaped back, and lost his balance on an uneven piece of flooring, almost falling.

He regained his balance, and launched himself at Vader, swinging a low strike at his feet. He knew he couldn?t injure his father too bad if he was going to have any chance of succeeding, but he had to slow him down to let him see any reasoning.

Vader jumped up, overstepping the strike, and launched an attack at Luke?s midsection. Luke blocked, somersaulting back at the same time, landing on a catwalk, turning off his lightsaber. He realized then that combat was not the way to help his father back to the light side, because it only fueled Vader?s and his own dark side emotions.

?I cannot fight you father. It is not good for either of us. I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate, and give the light side another chance.?

?There is no conflict. It is too late for me, son,? Vader replied. Luke knew this was not true, he could sense the good in his father, but also knew his father would not admit it, not here, not now, not in the presence of the Emperor.

?Please father, accept your emotions. You know you are feeling conflict.? He knew this would not work, that driving the point in would not help, but he had to do it anyway.

?There is no conflict. I will not turn back.? Luke knew, once again, his father was just saying this, and wondered if the Emperor could sense it as well.

His question was answered almost immediately. Palpatine stood up, walking that direction. ?Stupid boy. Your fath

2. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
  3. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    This was a good beginning. I liked how you described Vader's uneasiness with admitting his desire to go to back to the light, especially with the Emperor there.

I'd like to see where you're taking this. (You're not gonna leave it with Luke being turned into Dark Force-fried Jedi, are you?) 8-} :D

4. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    No, I'm thinking DV should still turn back to the light side, but without Palpatine dying. That way, Luke and Vader will have to fight the Emperor together, as part of the Rebellion.

5. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    That's not a bad idea.

Vadey

6. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Well done Matt! :D

You better get working on the next part...or else [face_devil]

7. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Luke writhed on the floor, screaming, shaking in agony. Suddenly the lightning stopped. The Emperor cackled his evil laugh, standing over Luke, watching him cringe at the pain of the shock, and at the very sight of the Emperor.

?Have you witnessed enough of the dark side, or shall I show you some more?? the Emperor asked, mockingly.

?I?ve seen enough. Let me up, and I will join you, Master.?

?Good, good. But first, you must kill your father.? Luke was lying to begin with: he wasn?t really turning. He wanted to, he longed to be saved, but knew it was not the way.

He rolled over, slowly, keeping his lightsaber ready. He sensed it before he saw it, his father?s blade coming down at him from behind. He activated his green lightsaber, using the Force to propel him backwards, blocking the strike simultaneously.

Luke got up to his feet, and then flipped back to the top of the stairs that led to Emperor?s throne. He watched as his father and Palpatine, the two most feared men in the galaxy, walked toward him.

Luke stared at his father. Palpatine laughed. ?You don?t honestly think you can win, do you?? Luke switched his attention to the Emperor. No, he?s trying to draw my attention away. I must stay focused on whoever is not trying to get my attention.. He fixed his glare back on Vader. The two locked gazes, or so Luke thought, since Vader?s helmet obstructed his view, it was hard to tell. But he could sense the tension, and could sense his father?s discord over which path to take. They began walking towards each other, the tension rising with every step.

Vader suddenly launched himself at Luke, swinging his red blade down at Luke with extreme force. Luke parried the blow, but just barely, and it sent him off balance. ?Father!? he yelled. ?Don?t give in to your hate again. You know the light path is the right path. Let go of your hate.?

?Fool. It is too late for your father.? Luke had almost forgotten that Palpatine was even in the room, for he had become so entranced in battling his father.

8. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    NOOOOOOO
    Oh Lord what's going to happen. I have to know what happens. Darth Vader wants to come home to the light yay.
    Keep writing this is great and addictive

9. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    This is very good. You've gotten in Luke's head on a level very few people do. Keep up the good work. :)

J_J

10. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Thanks. :) I hope to be able to update more today.

11. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Suddenly Luke's lightsaber flew out of his hand. Startled by the force of the attack, and loss of his weapon, he ran back, hoping to have a chance of survival. He realized then that Palpatine succeeded in drawing his attention away from the battle, and became angry. He pulled his lightsaber to him, and began swinging at Vader, the intensity of the attack rising with every blow.

Soon Vader lost his balance, falling to the ground. Luke continued his attack, but could only strike at his father's blade, not being able to plant the killing blow.

Then Luke was on the ground himself, shrieking in pain, as the Emperor was attacking him with his Force lightning once again. "Father! Please!" Sending telepathic thoughts to his father, Luke pleaded again. [Father, please. Help me. I know the light side is in you. Palpatine destroying both of us does no good. We must work together to save the galaxy!]

Vader started moving. Luke knew something must be working within his father. As his father stood up, lightsaber in hand, moving towards his still-being-shocked son, he reached out and blocked the lightning, remembering how his former master, the one he killed a few years ago, had done it.

"VADER!" the Emperor yelled, fixing his gaze on him. "What are you doing?" The hate and anger on Palpatine's face was only intensified by the shadows forming around his wrinkles, caused by his long seduction by the dark side. He stopped the flow of lightning, forcing complete attention to Vader.

"I'm trying to save my son. I realize the error of my ways." He turned to Luke. "Come, son. We must leave, now." He really did realize the mistakes he'd made, felt aweful remorse about them, and knew they could not be done.

[b]And once again, I leave you with a cliffhanger. One that hopefully will leave you begging for more.[/b]

12. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Sorry about the long delay everyone, but I forgot to update yesterday. [face_blush]

13. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I'm a bit confused here.
    They just go and leave Palpy there and Palpy let them?

Vadey

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    This story rocks! I love Rotj fan fics. [face_love]

15. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Vadey: I'm not done yet. ;)

Sara: Thanks! :D

16. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great so far. :)

17. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Thanks. :)

I'm regretful to say the next update won't be for a few days.

18. Spacegirl

Spacegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Awesome job, ousley! More, please!
    *waits patiently for more*

19. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    ALL FURTHER UPDATES CAN BE FOUND HERE

Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.