Alternate Indy title designs...

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by adammcdaniel, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adammcdaniel Jedi Padawan

I thought it'd be fun to play with the "Indy" fonts a little, and create these alternate versions of the sequel titles with the "Indiana Jones" in the smaller venture style font...

Thoughts?

[image=http://www.adammcdaniel.com/IndyAlternateLogos.jpg]
  2. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    I think that actually IS the font they use, if not extremely similar.
  3. Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    ^ ^ ^ Yeah, but it's reversed: officially, the "Indiana Jones" part appears in the fire-tinted perspective font, and the actual film title is in the golden sanserif type. The sole exception, of course, is Raiders of the Lost Ark, which when it appears without the "IJ and the" is in the fire-tinted perspective. I think I prefer it the way adammcdaniel has done it, because it highlights the actual film title! Well done, sir. =D=
  4. zombie Force Ghost

star 4
    I think it would be cool to do what the series was originally going to be called--a "Raiders" series. Each film would be "Raiders" of something. That why the original was Raiders of the Lost Ark. So the sequels might be Raiders of the Temple of Doom, and Raiders of the Holy Grail, and Raiders of the Crystal Skull or something.
  5. Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    ^ ^ ^ That's an interesting idea, and certainly shorter in the long run than what we've ended up with, which is the inexpressably ponderous title "IJATKOTCS". But with things as they are, I must say I prefer having the first film set apart by the word "Raiders". And while "Raiders of the Temple of Doom" is pretty cool title, "Raiders of the Holy Grail" flat-out isn't! Just one man's opinion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.