main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Alternate Prequels

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ave Kender, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ave Kender

Ave Kender Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2013
    Hi, everyone. This is the first post from an on-and-off lurker. I've been working on a treatment for an alternate prequel trilogy.

Here's how it goes...

Episode I: A New Knight takes place in 30 BBY as the Clone War rages across the galaxy. Facing the possibility of collapse, the High Chancellor of the Republic calls upon the secretive clan of Force-users known as the Jedi Knights for military and diplomatic aid against the Clone armies of Greater Mandalore.

A graying, 45-year-old spice freighter captain named Ben Cortel picks up a mysterious cloaked passenger calling herself Nellith. She offers a substantial sum of credits to transport a clandestine shipment of cargo to an uncharted star system in the Outer Rim.

It turns out that Nellith belongs to a Jedi order known as the Jedi Sentinels, warrior-sages charged with preserving the ancient Holocrons. Nellith's Holocron is sought after for the forbidden power contained within.

But along her journey she must contend with Clones trying to seize the Holocron from her, the arrival of a fresh-faced young Jedi Knight named Anakin Skywalker, and the disturbing possibility that one among the Jedi ranks has decided to use their abilities for a dark purpose...

If there's interest, I can post the opening crawl and the first parts of the story treatment soon.

2. Ave Kender

Ave Kender Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2013
    The characters below form the movie's "power trio" (like Luke, Leia, and Han in ANH):

Nellith Lars: the pre-eminent member of the Jedi Sentinels, a Jedi order charged with the compilation and guarding of Holocrons. She guards a powerful secret that she will defend to the death against the wrath of the Clones.

Ben Cortel: an aged navigator on a spice freighter. Ben holds a skeptical, sardonic attitude, no doubt because of multiple run-ins with the law. Due to his experiences in the seedier parts of the galaxy, he holds no special stake in the conflict wracking the Republic...but fate will intertwine his destiny with that of the galaxy's.

Anakin Skywalker: a teenage runaway from the urban planet Taris. Anakin grew up under an abusive father named Logan Skywalker. Young Anakin ran away from home at the age of 15 when his father took Mother Skywalker's life. Anakin has spent the last four years in Taris' underground swoop racer scene, quickly rising to become a capable pilot (racing under the stage name of "Anakin Redblade") and a sly fighter. Anakin's fate, however, will not keep him on Taris forever...

Here is the opening crawl.

STAR WARS EPISODE I: A NEW KNIGHT

The CLONE WAR rages across the galaxy, threatening the future of the GALACTIC REPUBLIC.

In this time of distress, the High Chancellor of the Republic ANTIOR has requested assistance from the JEDI, a circle of sages and warriors who wield the mysterious magic known as THE FORCE.

A humble freighter captain named BEN CORTEL has taken on a Jedi passenger, NELLITH LARS, not yet aware that her mission could change the fate of the entire galaxy...

3. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Welcome to the boards! This particular forum is for discussion of fanfic writing in general and not specific fics. If you would like to post your story, please head over to our fanfic area here. I will lock this thread up, but you are welcome to participate in any writing discussion here or to share your story on the story board. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.