Alternate Titles that Lucas and Spielberg considered

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by JohnWesleyDowney, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5
    Visiting IMDB and checking the page of Indy IV, I discovered alternate titles that were considered for the film, located on the trivia link. Here they are:

Before ?The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? was chosen as the title, several other
    titles were considered and even registered with the MPAA in August 2007, including:

Indiana Jones and...

?The City of Gods?,

?The Destroyer of Worlds?,

?The Fourth Corner of the Earth?,

?The Lost City of Gold?,

?The Quest for the Covenant?.

I find the last one most interesting. Comments?

2. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was probably the title all along. They probably made a buch of bogus titles just to screw with us.
  3. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    "Fourth Corner of the Earth" would've been my pick, just for sheer cool-sounding-ness... but I appreciate that it doesn't have as much to pick on as KOTCS.
  4. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I remember this list being posted somewhere before and the final title catching my attention. It would've really been interesting to have that as the title but for some reason, I keep going back to the original working title, "City of the Gods."

Oh well, I'm happy with the current title regardless, so I guess it doesn't matter.
  5. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, that last one is definitely the most intriguing. I'm wonder if they were concerned people might get confused and think it was somehow a re-release of Raiders. I realize I'm grasping at straws with that thought, but heck, Indiana Jones and the Quest for Convenant would have fit ROTLA perfectly! Still, it might not have been "pulpy" enough.
  6. Boba_Fat83 Force Ghost

star 2
    City of Gods would have been cool
  7. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5

It occurs to me they could have named it almost anything and it would have sold a billion dollars worth of tickets.
  8. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    No doubt that was probably on their minds while coming up with a decision. Although, I agree that it would've tied into Raiders seamlessly. And regarding the spoilers we know now, it would've fit right in with those as well.

Oh well, you're definitely correct about it grossing tons of money no matter which title was chosen. This is gonna be huge!
  9. BobaFrank Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I like the "City of Gods" or "the lost city of gold" best.
  10. ObiWanCon Force Ghost

star 4
    The one I like the best is...

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
  11. Shrapnel Jedi Knight

star 2
    My personnal choice was "Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Lost Mystery"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.