main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Alternative Star Wars Roleplaying

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Duguay, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duguay

Duguay Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    I noticed a short while ago that someone was interested in playing Star Wars roleplaying game, but the main game that is being run is a bit full. Even though I desperately wanted to be involved in the game, I empathize with the sentiment that there is a such thing as too many players. I played an RPG session that was too full, so I quite understand where Void is coming from.

I would like to start up a small gaming group on a temorary basis for players who still very much would like to be part of a Star Wars game like myself.

Just so potential players know, I have run a small amount of Star Wars playing sessions before on an irregular basis, but I am still a very inexperienced GM. I hope that hardcore gamers who join up will be forgiving of a rules light gaming environment. Having said that, the invitation is open to people who have never played an RPG before, indeed I welcome the opportunity to run a game for people who won't know what to expect right away.

I want to run the older D6 version of SW, for a couple of reasons. For one thing, I understand that system a lot better, and I've actually used it, so I feel somewhat comfortable with it. Another reason is I have a lot of sourcebooks for that version of the game. It also has a fast method for character creation, I think it might be possible to create characters and then start playing them right away for the first session. The only disadvantage, as far as I'm concerned, is that rolling for actions needs a lot of 6-sided dice, 5 and maybe more of those babies.

I will feel most comfortable running a game for three players, but if a fourth person really wants to play, I won't mind at all. I don't feel like I am ready to run a game for 5 or more people though, sorry.

Anyone who is interested in getting on board, let me know. Let me know generally what sort of character you are interested in playing, and where in the SW timeline you think would be fun for you.

I have some interests of my own that I would lean towards myself, with regards to what era we play. I am not interested in gaming during the NJO saga, I'm not far along in the books so I wouldn't know what to do. If I was going to run a game in the future of the SW universe, don't think I would want to stay true to what the novels portray, I might veer away from them radically. I am most interested in a classic era game, set during the original SW trilogy, with the Empire at the height of it's powers. I wouldn't be opposed to a clone wars game, that might be fun. And there's the Tales of the Jedi era, too. Other possibilities are: Pirates and Privateers, and Lords of the Expanse (the latter is all about a bunch of royal house that try to outmanuver each other, a little like Dune except with out the desert planet). Let me know what you are interested in playing.

Hope to hear from you. MTFBWY

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Yes!!! Do the future after trilogy, and use your best imagination! Plus I have a long list of things that I want to do in the D6 Game, and I have D6 dice, ready for action! I even know a site that you could get adventures from.

3. Duguay

Nov 30, 2002
    Bump.
    (Just in case)

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Do you know where D6 books are sold? Perhaps Bookmans? Or I could look up a bunch of stuff online. I know where to find it,since I have some windows with D6 stuff on my computer right now. I also found vast archives of stuff right here. It says that the files are RTF, but they easily open with wordpad,or a better word processing program.

5. Duguay

Nov 30, 2002
    I have an armada of D6 sourcebooks to accompany a rather good copy of the second edition revised and expanded, the best version that WEG put out IMHO. There are quite a few promising character template options at the back of the book. Most of this material I did get from Bookman's, but also from an gaming store somewhere in Gilbert.

6. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    i have a slew of old WEG books if you want to buy them kev...

just lemme know, and i will bring them to the meeting...

7. Duguay

Nov 30, 2002
    Just a precautionary, Kev, I would recommend holding off on buying any D6 SW RPG material until at least one or two more people indicate their interest in participating. Just so you don't end up spending money on a game that might not get off the ground. Besides, it's easy enough to lend the rule book for the purpose of character creation; after that, a player only needs the character sheet, the dice and a pencil.

8. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    yea, if you don't need them then don't worry about it, but i just thought i'd throw it out there.
    i've got 10 books, you can have them all for $20...
    if thats too much, then no prob, if so lemme know.

9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I also have another question. Can you roll dice twice if you don't have enough? I only have 14 D6's.

10. Duguay

Nov 30, 2002
    If you only had seven 6-sided dice, you would still be in good shape.

11. Darth_Vorpel

Darth_Vorpel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2001
  12. Duguay

Nov 30, 2002
    When you say cool Darth Vorpel, do you mean cool that massive amounts of D6's are not required, or cool for the game? If your interested in gaming, let me know the general type of character you are interested in playing, and what era (or eras) you are interested in. :)

13. Duguay

Nov 30, 2002
    Una mas, bump.

14. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    bumpy-doo-diddly!

15. Duguay

Nov 30, 2002
    I have a moderately detailed story outline for a potential first adventure, which allows for different character types. I think it will be good fun in a back to basics, old fashioned ANH Star Wars type of way (I hope that makes sense). I have a few story concepts for additional adventures beyond that, which I think have great potential too. All I need is one or two more players, and I can get a game going in no time at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.