main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Alternative to Ultimate, Jedi, or Archive Editions

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by nyjet10, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjet10

nyjet10 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    Instead of making edition after edition of the OT why doesn't Lucas just make the OT from scratch. He could get Speilberg to direct and make them with the same look and feel of the PT. And if so what actors would you cast at each roll.

(Note: I am posting this under the terms that Lucas puts the O-OT out on DVD, but do not respond to this note. Just pretend like its not here ;))

2. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    If you're serious, it really saddens me that there are some out there that hold the original groundbreaking trilogy in such low esteem that they like to see it completely remade from scratch to match the prequel trilogy.

I weep for the future.

P.S. And if Lucas "got Spielberg to direct", as you rather naively put it, the stylistic differences between Spielberg and Lucas' direction would be so jarring that the "old" OT would look like it was shot back to back with the PT.

3. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    The OT made the PT doable.

It would be stupid to remake what is already a piece of art. Just a few touch ups here and there (aka SE and DVD's) is all it needed to connect more to the PT.

4. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    Instead of making edition after edition of the OT why doesn't Lucas just make the OT from scratch. He could get Speilberg to direct and make them with the same look and feel of the PT

1--Why do we need a remake?

2--Why Spielberg?

:p

5. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    I have to agree with Lurking_Around.

Why do we need a remake of it? As far as I'm concerned, the OT is what Star Wars is, fundamentally. I'm not saying that I don't consider the PT to be part of Star Wars, or that I don't consider it to be on the same level as the OT, but in my opinion, if anything should be changed to mesh better, the PT should have been done to work with the OT.

Given how GL has screwed up parts of the OT with his changes, I think I'd be terrified to see a completely remake of it. I think I'd be ill if I saw the OT made to be like the PT.

There would be no Prequel Trilogy without the Original Trilogy.

Jes

6. deckyrd

deckyrd Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2004
    Good gods it's refreshing to see so many people holding the OT in such high esteem as is evidenced in this thread. I was really beginning to worry there...

But as has been stated before, the OT made the PT possible, not the other way around. For GL to be going back and ****ing around with the OT now to make it better fit the PT is ridiculous.

(fixing the OT to match the PT which was made after the OT which chronologically followed the PT but sylistically preceeded the PT...ad infinitum until I can fit my whole mouth around the barrel)

7. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    They were done excellently the first time, I'm glad this will never, ever happen.

8. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    I don't know, this is one of those remakes I'd be interested in seeing just because I would like to know how I would react to seeing it. It would be an interesting experience seeing these movies I know and love so well in a completely new package, but that's mainly from a curious perspective...

But I would obviously never trade the existing movies for any remakes.

9. Mustafar_Knights

Mustafar_Knights Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    Force no. I wouldn't pay a single solitary penny to see a remake of the OT.

They're fine as it is. Lucas needs to stop changing them to make them "mesh" with the PT; as it was the PT that was supposed to mesh with the OT in the first place.

10. Maranelo_Jori

Maranelo_Jori Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    Remake in the style of PT would be a horrible piece of ****,if it was made really in same style.Try to imagine Luke as same annoying prick like Anakin and Leia as flat nothing,like Padme.

11. nyjet10

Feb 1, 2005
    The point of a remake would be so George could stop messing with the existing masterpiece. I love the O-OT and I want George to leave it alone. So Im looking at an alternative to messing with them.

12. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Like replacing them. Yeah, that'll go over well.

13. Wesyeed

Wesyeed Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 5, 2005
    ____----Remake in the style of PT would be a horrible piece of ****,if it was made really in same style.Try to imagine Luke as same annoying prick like Anakin and Leia as flat nothing,like Padme. ____----

I just want you to know that you have made me explode with laughter. What you say is sooooooooooooooooooooooo true. I too would hate to see the NEW OT have the same lack of energy and characterization that the PT has. OMG that is soo true...

14. SHAUN-FOREVER

SHAUN-FOREVER Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2004
    I would hate it if Lucas did this.

15. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    Didn't this thread get locked twice already?

16. Maranelo_Jori

Maranelo_Jori Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    The carbonite freezing chamber(OT):
    Leia:I love you
    Han: I know.

The carbonite freezing chamber(the NEW OT)
    Leia:I trully deeply love you and before you die,I want you to know.
    Han:What?!?!

17. nyjet10

Feb 1, 2005
    "Didn't this thread get locked twice already?"
    I edited it so the mods wouldn't lock it.

Yea the PT does have crappy dialogue but thats not what I meant by feel. Just the technological sharpness and beauty the PT brings to the table.

18. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    The Jets suck. Say no to a West Side Stadium!

19. nyjet10

Feb 1, 2005
    DO NOT go there man, I could talk about that all day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.