main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Always 2 there are"....... "Unlimited Power" - Dark Side Exposed

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by -Darth_Venge-, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Darth_Venge-

-Darth_Venge- Jedi Master star 1

Dec 1, 2003
    May Contain EP III Spoilers. This is not an EP III thread. It is a subject about the nature of the dark side.

"Always 2 there are no more no less......." is what Yoda says in TPM. And he is correct in one way and wrong in another. My theory is that for the Dark Side to have FULL power it MUST have ATLEAST 2 siths. And this is why.......When Dooku is killed in ROTS there is just 1 sith left. Sidiuos. Forget about how "Anakin joined the dark side from that moment on", thats wrong he was still a Jedi. This means that there was only 1 Sith left and as soon as that happend the Dark Side 'power' went down. This enabled the Jedi to sense the Dark Side around Palps because Palps did NOT have enough power to hide himself anymore. And when Palps fights Windu the reason WHY hes face went all old is because the Dark Side was unstable because he was the only Sith left. This also ment that palps "could not hold it any longer" (in regards to the force lighting) and that he had become "too weak", which was true. He was not throwing the duel he had become too weak because the dark side power was down because there was only 1 sith lord. But as soon as Anakin slices Maces hand off Anakin becomes Vader from that moment meaning that there are 2 Siths again. "Power, Unlimited Power" is what Sidious starts screaming after this happens because now the FULL power of the darkside can be unleashed. Its the same before sidiuos duels with Yoda. "Now you will experience the FULL power of the Dark Side". Something he did NOT say to Windu before there duel.

Your Thoughts....

2. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    Interesing.

However, I kind of see it this way:

The Jedi are givers, the Sith are takers. That said, I believe the Emperor feeds off the power of Anakin Skywalker.

3. -Darth_Venge-

Dec 1, 2003
    yeah thats another possibility....

4. MasterGamjolltek

MasterGamjolltek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    Hmm quite a good point i agree that the emperor gets his power from Anakin turning and greatining the power of the darkside.

5. -Darth_Venge-

Dec 1, 2003
    What does everybody else think?

6. Kisho_Meteora

Kisho_Meteora Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    I'd thought 'Always two' came from the rules of the Sith starting from Darth Bane (EU), before that there was no limit to the number of Sith at any one time.

7. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    It's an interesting theory, but I don't think so.

8. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    The amount of power the Dark Side has at one time ( Jedi not being able to sense Dooku and Sid) does not depend on how many Sith there are. Yes the Jedi sensed at little more once Dooku was killed but only a little. But I don't think it would matter if there were 100 sith or 1 sith, the Dark Side would of still clouded the Jedi's vision. As for the disfiguring of the face, it was the force lightning, not because " the dark side couldn't hold it anymore" [face_laugh] , kind of funny if ya think about it, the force lightning did disfigure his face.

" "Power, Unlimited Power" is what Sidious starts screaming after this happens because now the FULL power of the darkside can be unleashed. Its the same before sidiuos duels with Yoda. "Now you will experience the FULL power of the Dark Side". Something he did NOT say to Windu before there duel. " Ummm.... "I don't think so" Mace Windu in AOTC.

Remember: these are MY opinions, you don't have to believe me.

Good Stuff

9. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    The only reason Sidious/Palpatine says "unlimited power" is because he is now free to express and use his full power now that he is confident that Anakin has turned. He feigned his weakness, turned his victim and then was free to unleash to destroy the threat to him, all the while being disfigured enough to show evidence of a Jedi plot to overthrow him. If the Darth Venge theory is correct, then Mace and Yoda should have detected, or had a hint of, the Sith lord's presence at Padme's funeral after Maul is dead. Instead, the camera pans to Palpatine with nary a light sabre on the part of Mace or Yoda. The shroud of the Darkside is still there and persists through ATOC until Palpatine, at the time of his choosing, reveals himself.

10. -Darth_Venge-

Dec 1, 2003
    that is true.......but how do u know dooku wasnt a sith lord then?

11. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    Maul died like, yesterday.

12. -Darth_Venge-

Dec 1, 2003
    how do you know it was yesterday? it could of been days/weeks.

13. TomPiltoff

Apr 7, 2005
    I'm assuming they didn't have Qui-Gons body lying around for weeks. And even then, you don't train a Sith in 2 months.

14. -Darth_Venge-

Dec 1, 2003
    Dooku was already a trained Jedi Knight. There would be no need to train him to use the dark side in a few months. Anakin became a sith in less then 5 minutes.

15. TomPiltoff

Apr 7, 2005
    *sigh* You're right. Darth Maul died 6 days ago, and Palpatine had already turned a Jedi Knight to the Dark Side. My bad.:rolleyes:

16. RurouniKJS

RurouniKJS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2005
    There was a significant amount of time -- weeks to months -- between Maul's death and Dooku's recruitment by Sidious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.