main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ALWAYS A BRIDESMAID--VERY AU post-ROTJ humorfic. 11/30 IT IS FINISHED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Mystralgurl: Actually I was laughing at the post... :p

And Blended will do fine - SpeldoriontheBlended is too wordy and only just actually fits in the 20 character limit... :D

Mara glanced over from the datapad she was working on and grinned broadly. "If you'd heard the magic words from the King of Noncommitment last night..."

That's Han's royal lineage all right! :p

"I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be happy for him ending up with someone else," she admitted as they released each other a few moments later.

"I don't think I would have blamed you," Mara reminded. "After all, you're the one with a prior claim."

"Yes," Leia sighed, "but I won't stand in the way of him being happy ever again and I'm pretty sure that you won't either. That's enough for me."

Awww...

And moe importantly, Hmmm... [face_thinking]

2. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Awesome Ishy!

3. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Good for Leia :D

I'm glad she's being supportive :D really I am :D

4. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Cute description of the proposal scene, Ish. I really enjoyed it.

And, [face_laugh] at the "King of NonCommitment" comment. That is completely what I was thinking!

Nice work, again! Of course. And I'll leave my grovel knee pad next to my laptop in case it is needed in the near future ;)

*KR*

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Blended:Mara glanced over from the datapad she was working on and grinned broadly. "If you'd heard the magic words from the King of Noncommitment last night..."

That's Han's royal lineage all right!

I hadn't thought of that, just liked near-alliteration of the k and c in terms of sound. And I had a friend who dated a King of Noncommitment.

"I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be happy for him ending up with someone else," she admitted as they released each other a few moments later.

"I don't think I would have blamed you," Mara reminded. "After all, you're the one with a prior claim."

"Yes," Leia sighed, "but I won't stand in the way of him being happy ever again and I'm pretty sure that you won't either. That's enough for me."

Awww...

I seriously am going to take a tally. I liked the part about prior claim. ANd i hoped this post would somewhat get everyone off my back.

And moe importantly, Hmmm...

Hmm? Why?

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Jaina_Solo_59--Awesome Ishy!

Thank you. I try.

maramijade--Good for Leia

I'm glad she's being supportive really I am

You're trying to convince yourself of that, it sounds like. Maybe she is, too... No, I think she would be supportive, despite what has gone before.

KnightedRogue--Cute description of the proposal scene, Ish. I really enjoyed it.

This scene of her telling is based very closely on how I told my roommate julie--"So, how was the game last night?" "Augh, we lost, but we had fun afterwards." "Yeah?" "Jules, he ASKED." Pause. "Omgosh, he ASKED?!?!?!" The next scene will be the proposal.

And, at the "King of NonCommitment" comment. That is completely what I was thinking!

Yah, mr. in-it-for-the-money-for-three-years...

Nice work, again! Of course. And I'll leave my grovel knee pad next to my laptop in case it is needed in the near future

Oh, good, close at hand. So far, no one's made me need it.

7. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*squeals happily*

OHMYGOSH!!!

That was so sweet Sissy!! :D

Mara was so... mellow!!! It was so perfect!! :D And the way that he asked (he fit it in between telling her that he would 'get me my own access code to the Falcon' and telling his walking carpet to 'shut up so he could hear her answer') was just too, too cute!! Really!!! Oh, [face_love] I melted!! I MELTED!!!

:D XD

[face_love]

[face_batting]

:D

[face_love]

8. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    *snickers* The King of Noncomittal...

*grins*

Very nice job, Ishy!

:Targeter:

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Agent_Jaid:*squeals happily*

OHMYGOSH!!!

That was so sweet Sissy!!

She called me a sissy... I guess I won't whack her upside the head. ;)

Mara was so... mellow!!!

Is that good?

It was so perfect!! And the way that he asked (he fit it in between telling her that he would 'get me my own access code to the Falcon' and telling his walking carpet to 'shut up so he could hear her answer') was just too, too cute!!

I figured that was the sweetest thing he could do--let her have unlimited access to his ship.

Really!!! Oh, I melted!! I MELTED!!!

No need to explain. You're the wicked witch of the west and you were bawling with happiness and you melted because of the water...wait, no, that doesn't work.

CodeName_Targeter--*snickers* The King of Noncomittal...

It seems that line went over well.

*grins*

Very nice job, Ishy!

Thanks. It feels better than the urging to never write angst again.

10. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    That's Han all right.......

Lol.

Poor Leia.

Glad you weren't laughing at me, because I'm a sniper....... lol

11. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Hilarious posts. I'll reply later, because I'm in rush.

12. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Awwww, Han is sooooo cute! You know what, I don't want him to end up with Mara, but I don't want him with Leia either! I want him with me!!!!! Mrs. Laura Solo has a nice sound to it...

:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAKI!!!!!

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Six weeks and four days earlier

"You," Mara pronounced grimly, "are a mess."

"If you say so," Han called from the diagnostic console. "The first sign of a deranged mind is talking to yourself."

"I'm talking to our dear hunk of junk," she grumbled. "I swear the two of you conspire against me just so I can spend some quality time with the both of you."

"Uh-oh," he sighed as his bootsteps approached the edge of the maintenance bay. "I think she's got us figurd out."

"After two years of spending most of my waking moments on this crate, of course I have."

"Heads up."

She caught the hydrospanner without looking up, then frowned at the console she was tweaking.

"Seventy degrees clockwise?" she guessed.

"Stang," he breathed. "You're good at that."

"Me and the old girl have an understanding," she explained idly.

"Well, then," he said with a smile in his voice, "I might just have to get you your own access code so you and the 'old girl' can have more regular visits."

At that, she finally did look up and found him grinning mischievously. She returned the grin a bit warily, then tossed the hydrospanner back to him.

"If I didn't know better," she teased, "I'd say that's a Solo-style proposal."

His grin turned into something of a grimace. "And here I was trying to be sneaky," he lamented.

She shrugged, lifting her datapad to read the relay from the diagnostic. "It's not official," she reminded him.

"Well, then I'd like to make it official," he said, all hint of teasing gone, "and ask if you're willing to put up with me as your husband and my ship as your favorite toy."

Her heart immediately started pounding, partly from the shock of finally hearing those words and partly from the fact that Chewie chose that moment to go on a lengthy tirade against the navcomputer.

"Pipe down, fuzzy," Han bellowed. "We're trying to have a life-changing moment here!"

"Don't wait for him to see reason," she counseled loudly. "You know my answer is yes."

"It's WHAT?" he demanded over the timbre of an irate wookiee.

"It's..."

Chewie fell silent.

"YES!"

Han was silent for a long moment, eyes as large as Death Stars, then let out a resounding whoop.

They sealed the deal in the middle of Chewie querying, 'yes, what?'

14. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Chewie is Han's 'parent'? :confused::p[face_mischief]:D[face_laugh]

15. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    Oh, that's so sweet! [face_love] I love proposal scenes...

"You," Mara pronounced grimly, "are a mess."

"If you say so," Han called from the diagnostic console. "The first sign of a deranged mind is talking to yourself."
    It is? o_O I'm in trouble, then. :p

Although, I have to say, talking to inanimate objects is nearly as bad. [face_laugh]

"Well, then I'd like to make it official," he said, all hint of teasing gone, "and ask if you're willing to put up with me as your husband and my ship as your favorite toy." [face_love] [face_laugh] *Melts.* (Again. Ish, you're just making me melt so much lately. :p) Of course, he manages to slip the ship in there. [face_laugh]

They sealed the deal in the middle of Chewie querying, 'yes, what?' [face_laugh] Also hilarious. I feel like I'm being redundant here.

Awesome post.

16. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Oh, that was the perfect proposal!!!!!!!! [face_laugh]

17. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000

[face_laugh]

18. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003

[face_laugh] Wonderful!

19. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*happy squeal*

*is mushified*

[face_love]

Han was sooo romantic. I mean it! [face_love] And.... she said yes....

*mush mush mush mush mush*

[face_love]

[face_love]

....... [face_love]

20. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Very Nice!
    I really prefer H/L (I love J/J, A/T, and J/TK) But this is hilarious.

21. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    SO LOL!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Poor Leia though....

(Sry, I just can't get over it)

22. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    stang! I'd missed 3 posts!

HOw is that possible? *slaps self* ;)

Awesome 3 posts!

Loved the proposal! :D :D

23. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    "Pipe down, fuzzy," Han bellowed. "We're trying to have a life-changing moment here!"

Awesomely funny line!!!

Great story! The Luke/Leia thing is a little hard to believe, but if you discount RotJ, it certainly works. :D

Love it!!

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    upping. Will reply later, but right now I have to get into writing while inspiration's still there.

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Two years earlier

"I've been on a lot of strange first dates, but this will be pretty close to the top."

"Come on," Han puffed as he took her through another spin. "You've been an assassin and an exotic dancer simultaneously. I'd think this was pretty much par for the course."

"Dancing, yes," she agreed, "but dancing and marathon never entered the same sentence in my mind."

"Well, I've never danced the p'qa with an assassin," he retorted lightly, "so this is an adventure for the both of us."
    It had been quite a shock to see Han Solo being bashful. His shoes scuffed the floor and his hands kept burying themselves in his pockets as though he were trying to stretch them to his anklebones. He'd hemmed, hawed, teased her rather ruthlessly, and then mumbled something along the lines of "gramargrowdancemarathonwimme."

"I beg your pardon?" she'd grinned, still studying the report she was formatting.

"I was wondering if you'd let me take you to the dance marathon," he repeated. "Good cause and everything."

She lowered the datapad, fixing him with an openly amused look. "Well," she breathed, "this is certainly a surprise."

"Oh, come on, we've had a first kiss and a few other relationship firsts and I haven't gotten up the nerve to see if you might be interested in making it official."

It was one of her weaknesses that she liked to see her victims squirm a bit before landing the killing blow. Her relief at his question, however, made her put him out of his misery after a mere three seconds.

"I think I'd like that."

"You're not supposed to stop," she reminded him.

He seemed not to hear a word she was saying, had been blind, deaf, and stupid since music suitable for an Alderaanian waltz came on the loudspeaker.

She understood why a little too well, felt a jolt of irrational jealousy every time some memory of shared poignancy took his attention away.

But she understood.

"Agh," she grunted, "I'm useless at this dance. Go find yourself a nice Alderaanian to share it with."

"Sorry, beautiful," he grinned, mind travelling a few lightyears back to her position, "but I think General Rieekan already has a dance partner."

Laughing, she pushed him gently. "Go on," she prompted. "It'll make some sweet girl's day."

He could have left promptly and let her wonder where his loyalties lay, but instead, he drew her chin upwards so he could reach her lips more easily and left a lingering promise of fidelity on her mouth.

"As you wish."
    They made it through half of the dance before she dared to broach the subject.

"Are you going to marry her?"

He laughed lightly, breath warming the place just above her right ear. "Take it easy, Leia. It's a first date."

"We never got around to ours," she reminded instead.

"We might have," he sighed, "but you took every invitaion to be a proposition."

"Then, maybe you should work on your approach," she shot back.

His eyes turned back to Mara who had managed to find a dancing partner in one of her co-workers from Intelligence.

"I don't know," he amended. "She seems to like my operating style."

She might have snorted or that 'sneeze' might have been genuine. He couldn't tell.

"I'll let you know sometime," he promised.

"Have you said 'I love you?'"

The guilty look that he quickly diverted gave her all the answers that she needed.

"Does she...know?"

"I love you."

"I know."

No, that will always be yours.

"She says that she loves me, too."

"Then, why wait?" she queried, voice taking on a satin sharpness. "It seems to be your all-clear signal."

To his credit, he said nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.