main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ALWAYS A BRIDESMAID--VERY AU post-ROTJ humorfic. 11/30 IT IS FINISHED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
  2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    :_| :_| :_| POOR LEIA!! :_|

3. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    *grumbles*
    *gets knife, kills Mara and drags Han to Leia before he can see the dead body*
    Now, MARRY! Grrr...

That last convo between H/L just got to me I suppose. *guilty*

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I've been moping that no one has noticed the post, then realized right now that everyone's back in school.

5. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Han and Mara... in a dance marathon? *snx*

6. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Great Post! Han and Mara at a dance marathon is a great way to have a first date, but still funny.

Does Leia get to be happy in this story well?

Will that fact that Luke and Leia are not twins come into play?

7. princess_meg

princess_meg Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    Okay, I was prepared to not be so unaccepting of Han and Mara together (I tried . . . honest) But after that last post. They're jsut suppossed to be together.

8. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    awww

back when it was fresh, it had to be like Han was sticking his finger in it. Poor girl.

9. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Awwwww. So cute! Leia doesn't deserve Han. Han deserves Mara. Just in this fic, of course. But you've taken their characteristics and made them perfect for each other! :D

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Two years, three weeks before

Mara knew there would be trouble the moment the bounty hunter hauled the Wookiee into Jabba's audience chamber. Bounty-collecting was an often-nasty business that she'd seen too often in the service of the Empire, but there was something both famliar and frightening about this particular cretin.

The thing that suggested trouble was that Fett found her familiar as well. That much was evident from the way his head turned immediately towards Jabba's favorite wall-hanging and the hissed suggestion that he'd "finish what I started at Bespin with that high-brow brat from Alderaan."

She didn't know what exactly he had in mind, but there were two things that were immediately certain: "Boussh" would not be leaving here any time soon and Skywalker would not come unless Captain Solo were freed from his six-month entrapment.

Skywalker had sent them here because he trusted that the operation would be simple and effective. He could not have been more wrong, but he would not attempt a rescue mission until there was something to rescue.

He had learned that lesson well enough at Bespin.

Mara had studied his actions over the last six months intensively in preparation for this mission. He had been impulsive in rushing to Bespin and had paid for that rashness with his hand and innocence. He had come back from Bespin a wary man who felt that acting on emotion alone again would destroy him.

His longtime friend, however, had approached this mission from the opposite end. She was a cool-headed woman who was being driven to irrational actions by nothing more than love.

Judging from the mindset of Fett, Leia would not even be given the chance to try. It was an immense surprise that he even let the negotiations conclude, but by nightfall, when the Palace was under the soporific effects of good hospitality, Leia Organa would be another prisoner.

And Skywalker would still not come.

He had to be lured.

The lure was complicated, potentially risky, but if she played it right, her plan could succeed in a matter of days.

She lingered in the background that day, teasing guests and avoiding both bounty hunters. Organa drifted eventually to the wall where Solo was hanging and Mara chose to follow.

But she did not address Boussh in the guttural Ubese that she had used in the negotiations.

"Petz anth ahni," she greeted. "Intrezae eledz the topia, sem?"

Peace unto you. Interesting choice of trophies, yes?

The thing that brought Boussh's head up faster than you could say "nerfherder" was the fact that she had addressed her in the Taiald dialect of Alderaan.

"Savus."

You know.

"Sem."

Mara's hand caressed the controls lightly, one finger bent so when it passed over the temperature control, it toggled it just slightly.

"Things are not moving in your favor," she explained, "but our goals are the same. This will not be the last time you will become acquainted with me."
    Within the hour, Organa had been shown to her "accomodations" under close guard and courtesy of Fett.

Within another fifteen minutes, someone had noticed that the carbonite slab was changing slightly. It was not enough so Solo would be released, but the inner layers were melting and, according to the Palace medic, if he was not released immediately, he would be dead by carbonite asphyxiation by the time the band's next number was over. Immediately, guards were summoned and Bib Fortuna did the honors, releasing him into the custody of the medic.

She was clumsy that day, allowing herself to get in the way of a minor brawl so that she ended up in the medic's care with a wound in her shoulder.

The sedative that she was given was quickly dispelled with the Force so that she could feign sleep, but stay perfectly awake. Solo was exhausted enough that he didn't need a sedative, but in the middle of the night, with the medic asleep and the guards slacking in their duties, he awoke abruptly, lungs sucking in air as his back arched. Immediat

11. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    And you wrote the whole thing backwards... =D=

Well done.

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thank you, now say if it makes sense at all...

13. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Nice finish. :)

Love your sig, Ishy! [face_laugh]

14. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Nicely done, Ish - this was such a different spin on everything...

Thanks to Arin Atona's insight: "And you wrote the whole thing backwards" It does all make sense...if only someone had whacked me over the head with that sooner... ;)

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww, thanks. I've never ever ever tried a backwards fic. It was rather entertaining.

16. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*hugs the fic*

*saves it all to a word file*

Sis? [face_love] This was beautiful.

Wonderful.

Scrumptious.

Stunning.

Favorite. :D

*hugs it again*

Mara needed Han so much... *happy sigh* [face_love]

17. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Yup, it was backwards! :p

Nicely written, even if the combination of Han and Mara made me cringe! [face_laugh]

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, hon, hug the fic, it's feeling very abused.

19. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    :D Wonderful, Your Ishyness. :p

And I too must agree - the sig. is brilliant. :p [face_laugh]

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, it goes with the icon. And btw, the icon isn't psychosidious. It's Ishy partying after a month of mush.

21. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, wow. that was very well done. Even if it was sooooo wrong!

I started reading it, then I had to go back and start from the end. Good job!

22. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I really liked this.

*Procedes to read it the other way*

Do you plan on ever writing in reverse again, or was this just a challange?

Did you write this in reverse or did you write it and then post in reverse?

23. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    And a wonderful ending to a wonderful story which ends a wonderful month. ;)

I loved how you had them start. Chemistry from the very first time H/M met... Also, an intersesting twist on the Jabba's palace rescue. :)

Love the icon and sig, of course. [face_worried]

24. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Okay, this fic was incredibly well done. Backwards and interesting, and a total mindf*** for this long time Han/Leia fan.

Seriously, you had me simultaneaously laughing and amused, while at the same time biting my knuckles to squelch the knife-twisting agony of watching Han with someone else. Really, I had no idea just how loyal I was to Leia until now. And it probably didn't help to see Han with a character I can't stand (no offense Mara fans, but really, I just can't deal with her).

So, yeah, inspite of all my biases, I enjoyed this fic alot. Which has got to say something.

So great job!

But, as for Han/Mara--don't do it again!!! ;)

I really loved how it moved backwards though. Nice touch.

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, come on, enough with the "this was sooooooooooooooo wrongs." Do you want me to come onto all your threads and say that? Thank you, I thought not. Glad you guys liked it anyway. ::Rolls eyes at innate fickleness of readers.:: This was my first time writing in reverse, I might do it again. I did not write it forwards, then post backwards. My mom is a pianist who says "begin with the end in mind" all the time and this time, I kept repeating "End wiht the beginning in mind!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.