main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by skyedancer, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    I got a chance to meet Candace (JediCandii) at Xavier when my sister and I took my niece there. Actually, my niece, Rachel, and Candace met sort of by accident (if there ever are accidents) on Friday and my niece introduced me to her on Saturday morning. So I'd like to tell Candace, Rachel, and Cindy (who I believe is starting at KSU): "Good luck at college!" Did I forget anyone? It was good to finally meet a JKOC member but, Candace, it you saw me crying at the farewell service :_|, please don't tell Rachel. She says I embarass her enough already! ;)

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    That's fantastic! I'm glad you got a chance to meet Candii (in person)

Is skyedancer's Rachael the same girl Candii knows named Rachael (DARKJEDIRACH) who is supposed to get a JKOC t-shirt? As C3PO once said: "I'm so confused"

3. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    No, they are two completely different Rachel's. they even spell their names differently. I just met the Rachel that is going to Xavier after we had a freshman activity. We were walking up the steps of the Cintas Center and she turned and asked me if I was Beth. But obviously I'm not, so I introduced myself. When she said that she was from a little town in Ohio called Wooton (is that right? I can't remember) little bells started ringing in my head. I haven't really seen her that much snce then, since we don't have any of the same classes. The other Rachael is starting at BW. I've e-mailed her twice, and if she doesn't respond back, then she is getting a phone call from me as soon as I get my phone working. And if any of you are coming down anywhere near Cincy, I expect you to visit me. And I don't want to hear any excuses either.

4. skyedancer

Sep 26, 2002
    No, my niece has a different screen name, doesn't post and has been so busy she hasn't visited the boards recently. Maybe Candace will get her more interested. :D

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Actually, you forgot me Skyedancer, but I won't penalize you. ;) I don't start until next Tuesday, after Labor day, hehe. I'm glad you actually got to meet another JKOC member. Perhaps you can come to an event where more of us are there!

6. skyedancer

Sep 26, 2002
    Oops! [face_blush] Sorry, Eric. I guess I was thinking about freshmen! But good luck to you too!

7. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Was I the Cindy you were referring to?

Because I don't go to Kent, nor am I a Freshman.

8. skyedancer

Sep 26, 2002
    Another Oops! [face_blush] Maybe I thought that because you mentioned KSU.

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    If it makes you feel better...I went to Kent State (so did BMack) And I may have mentioned it on the boards from time to time.

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    ((whistles the Kent State fight song))
    We beat Akron! We're not going to be worst in the MAC! ;)

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Yeah, Cindy goes to Akron. Who just so happen to have lost to Kent today in what sounded like a really good football game.

My niece goes to Kent also. I was just out there Tuesday checking out the new dorms.

12. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Poodoo they lost... but what's new! :p

Yep, I go to Akron... 5 days a week too. :_| Thank goodness that 2 of those days are for only one class, but I still have to get up early. :(

13. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I wish 2 days of my school week were for only one class! I have a horrendous schedule this term. I have lab every single day 1pm-5pm, and then 3 additional hours of class every day except Friday (which is 2 hours). I have an 8:30am class MWF, which always makes the days so long. Blah. And any free time on campus I'll be filling with library work. It's going to be a loooooooong semester. :p

14. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    It's going to be a loooooooong semester.

I totally agree. Why in the world am I taking Philosophy? The Archaeology of Greece and Magic, Myth, and Religion aren't too bad right now... just A LOT of reading. Too much for my taste. I hate reading things that are assigned.

15. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Try this one:
    I'm a junior in high school, mostly honors classes...
    And I'm taking 2 foriegn language classes (one being for college credit at Tri-C)
    And I had 2 books to read over my summer vacation!!!!

Did I mention marching band, tennis, and working at Boston Market?

16. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Cindy, philosophy is awesome. I could talk for hours about existentialism, it is so interesting. But you will only barely touch that in your basic philosophy classes most likely. It is best to discuss with a group of friends. I've really gotten to like philosophy (outside of class, because that's not too interesting) and I think that is one of the reasons I've gotten into the Matrix movies so much.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm taking THREE biology classes, one education class, and FOUR physics classes this semester?

17. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    Wow, my schedule seems pretty easy compared to the rest of you. This is how my week looks:

Monday- 12:30-1:20- Math
    4:15-6:45- Human Development

Tuesday- 8:30-9:45- Theology
    1:00-2:15- Ethics as an Intro to Philosophy
    2:30-3:45- English Comp

Wednesday- 12:30-1:20- Math

Thursday- same as Tuesday

Friday- same as Wednesday

And I don't even have a job yet.

18. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    OK, people had better start posting after me, because I'm not gonna be a thread killer again ;).

19. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    No one post anything, that way she'll be doing her thread killer thing again.

20. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    You are evil.

21. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    And you're just learning this now?

22. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    As previously mentioned, 7 of 8 of my classes are sciences; JCU just built a new science center this year... so I'm going to be spending a lot of time in it this year. Today was its first open day for classes, and I tell you what... it was like Kamino in there. Had that "brand-new" smell to it and it was perfectly sterilized and neat. I guess if my classes have to rail me, at least it will be in an enjoyable place.

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Man, I feel left out of the conversation...because I've been out of college for about 4 years now! (class of 99)

Why don't we just rename this "Welcome to the JEDI ACADEMY!" I'll be over here in the "you're no longer a padawan learner...go get a job!" thread :D

24. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Why don't we just rename this "Welcome to the JEDI ACADEMY!"

Good idea! Now, where's Kyp? ;) :p

Anyways, here's my schedule:

Mondays: History of Ancient Philosophy 8:50-9:40am

Tuesdays: Magic, Myth, and Religion 9:15-10:30
    Survey of Communication Theory Lecture 12:15-1:05
    Archaeology of Greece 1:10-2:25

Wednesday: History of Ancient Philosophy 8:50-9:40
    Survey of Communication Theory Discussion 1:10-2:00

Thursday: Same as Tuesday

Friday: Same as Monday

Yes, I do have a 3 1/2 hour break on Wednesday. [face_plain]

Eric: How in the world can you take 7 science classes? ?[face_plain] Or is it 7 credit hours? bio... [face_plain] *shudders* I about died in that class. No wait, I did die in that class.

Oh, and if anyone is the thread killer, it's me. ;)

25. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Lemme break it down like this... since you all are doing it anyway; I have a few labs for other courses, but it all works out to 7 science classes (see parentheses):

Monday:
    12:00 PM - 12:50 PM General Physics 1 (science #1)
    3:00 PM - 4:50 PM General Physics Lab (science #2)
    5:00 PM - 6:15 PM Earth Science 1 (science #3)

Tuesday:
    9:30 AM - 10:45 AM Learning, Assessment, and Individual Differences (education)
    11:00 AM - 12:15 PM Endocrinology (science #4)
    6:00 PM - 6:50 PM Microbiology (science #5)
    7:00 PM - 8:50 PM Microbiology Lab (science #6)

Wed: same as Monday, but without General Physics Lab

Thurs: same as Tuesday, but add
    3:00 PM - 4:50 PM Earth Science 1 Lab (science #7)
    and technically not a class, but 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Choir

Friday:
    12:00 PM - 12:50 General Physics 1 (thank God this is my only class of the day!)

so, as you can see, I have 7 science classes. and the reason I am taking so many is because I am done with my core classes for graduation requirements, and I am killing 2 birds with one stone by getting my last 9 major credit hours in biology and also fulfilling my Adolescent/Young Adult teaching licensure certification requirements so I can teach the Life Sciences; I want to get as many of the science ones out of the way as I can before I graduate, so once I graduate I can focus on taking education classes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.