main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Always III: In the Morning (drama, fantasy, romance) COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Aww. Tender family moment... not! :p

Lera and Nichyn... *Sigh* I miss that couple. WHat's going on with them?? Are they kissing, yet? ;)

Poor Sanar, to have such a sister like that... lol. Great post, Erin!

2. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Well, that was just adorable. Great itty-bitty update; I love the interaction between the sisters! Can't wait for more!

3. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    WOW! I gotta say, this is pretty amazing. I read the first part of RotJ on the Dhalbreth Square website, so when I found the rest of it here I was quite happy. After that, I read most of the rest of it (and II and III) in one sitting. I must admit that RotJ was my favorite because of the J/Z stuff, but you're a very good writer. Your OCs are great (go K/M and K/S!), and the way you wrote Tenel Ka after her coronation was wonderful. I like her, but I usually find it hard to relate to her; but I wanted to cry for her in that scene. Also, the legend part at the end of RotJ was beautiful. You really make me care about what happens to the characters.

:D Speaking of which, will there be more soon? :D And will J/Z get back together forever at some point? [face_praying] Perdita must die!! [face_beatup]

4. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    I'm on my sister's (internet-connected) computer, so I can't reply at the moment, but I'll be back home tomorrow night, and hopefully there'll be ir's then :)

Until then, new post :D

------------

Chapter Thirty-Two: Hapan Pride

An indignant shriek pierced the air for the tenth time that day, and Lera groaned. How many times are we going to do this take? Jolesp was filming Saja and Kalis? emotional-turmoil-in-the-face-of-coming-danger scene, and Hasi had yet to accept any of the cuts as perfect enough. It was her way, after all, to make everything as difficult as possible. But once Hasi started talking about perfection, Jolesp always recalled his dreams of a masterpiece. Unfortunately, some of the repeatedly recorded scenes were?

?You don?t trust me, do you?!?

?rather annoying to listen to ad nauseum. Especially with a headache.

?I can?t believe you wrote this.?

Lera looked up in surprise. Arelyk sat next to her, grinning, without further incentive. ?I thought you liked Nichyn,? he continued.

She blinked at him. ?Of course I do,? she told her best friend. ?I don?t know why you would??

As if on cue, Hasi slapped Nichyn across the face. ?I wish I had never met you!? the character half-hissed, half-sobbed. ?Get out of my way.?

Lera winced, but then chuckled under her breath. ?I didn?t write the slap,? she pointed out. ?That was all Hasi.?

?You didn?t stop her, though,? Arelyk teased.

She reached over to ruffle his hair playfully. ?Since when does Hasi listen to me?? she asked innocently.

The sandy-haired boy laughed at her. ?Fine. You didn?t have anything to do with the slap. But the next scene is going to steal Nichyn?s virtue, and I know you wrote that kiss.?

Breaking, she grinned at him. ?Okay,? she admitted. ?You got me. But I couldn?t justify not putting it in. Hasi would never have let me hear the end of it.? Sighing, she leaned back in her chair. A wave of fatigue suddenly rose up in her and tried to drag her under, but Lera managed?just?to shake it off.

?Ler?? Arelyk?s hand, warm and calloused, pressed against the back of her shoulder as if to anchor her. ?Are you alright??

She let her eyes close for a moment, but they shot open as a warm thrill tracing her spine. ?Thanks,? she muttered. Using some of his transferred strength, she mustered up a smile for him. ?I just haven?t been sleeping well lately,? she offered when his look of concern didn?t fade.

Arelyk went to say something, then reconsidered. In the conversation?s pause, Nichyn made his escape with a frustrated studio door slam. Hasi theatrically burst into tears that somehow only made her look more beautiful.

?Perfect!? Jolesp exclaimed. ?That one?s a wrap! Grab some water?Hasi, clean up?and we?ll get everyone together for the op briefing scene.?

?Well, that?s my cue??

Arelyk kept his hold on her. ?Lera,? he entreated. His eyes were steady. Worried.

?I?I?m fine,? she insisted, not looking at him.

?You aren?t,? he corrected. ?I know you, Ler. Even with a new brother for me, maybe a new best friend for you??

She flinched, and glanced at Nichyn. ?Arelyk??

?But you?ve been my best friend since before the war. I know when something?s wrong.?

Her shoulders slumped. ?I?m just not sleeping well.? Seized by inspiration, she said, ?I don?t much like the dark lately. It can feel like drowning.?

At once, Arelyk accepted the explanation?or he at least pretended to. ?Mom could help you with that. Or I can, if you?d prefer it??

?Help you with what??

Lera?s nerves were skittering from weariness, and she startled a little when Nichyn spoke. He had come up behind when she wasn?t looking. Silently, she scolded herself; she was usually much better at keeping track of her surroundings outside of the inspiration haze. ?Hey,? she said quickly. She smiled, and hoped both Nichyn and Arelyk would let it go.

They didn?t, because Nichyn frowned. ?A

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, wow. Poor Lera!:_| Those visions... Devnos, you're killing her! Stop it, stop it!

Nichyn, man. You gotta feel for him, too. Wanting to be the knight and save her. And she kissed him! Coolness.

Wonderful tension, par usual. Thanks for the PM, Erin!

6. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Jon: Aww. Tender family moment... not! tongue

Haha, no, Sanar isn't exactly getting what she dreamed with Clayra :p[/i]

Lera and Nichyn... *Sigh* I miss that couple. WHat's going on with them?? Are they kissing, yet? wink

Only on the cheek :p Otherwise, they've got years to go ;)

Great post, Erin!

JJD: Well, that was just adorable. Great itty-bitty update; I love the interaction between the sisters! Can't wait for more!

Thanks :D Clayra and Sanar are amusing to write, (very) ocasionally :p

Emerald_Lady: Welcome to Always :D I'm so glad you liked the fics enough to read all three of them (because, I know how many pages this trilogy is, and it's a big number :p) :)

I must admit that RotJ was my favorite because of the J/Z stuff, but you're a very good writer.

Thank you [face_blush] I can understand enjoying the shippier fanfic...I can be like that, too, even now that I've drifted from writing mostly-romance- (or angst-) oriented fic :p Thanks for sticking with the OC's, anyway :)

the way you wrote Tenel Ka after her coronation was wonderful. I like her, but I usually find it hard to relate to her; but I wanted to cry for her in that scene.

Thanks :D She isn't one of the easiest characters for me, but that scene had been in my head for a while :)

grin Speaking of which, will there be more soon?

Lol, well, of course there's the Jan1st post, and hopefully there'll be another (rather large) post coming soon-ish :)

And will J/Z get back together forever at some point? praying

[face_mischief] O:)

Perdita must die!!

[face_laugh] That seems to be the general consensus :D

Jon: Nichyn, man. You gotta feel for him, too. Wanting to be the knight and save her. And she kissed him! Coolness.

She did kiss him! :D It was adorable. And unplanned, but what are characters in my head for, if not to throw in something because I wasn't expecting it? :p

Wonderful tension, par usual.

~TJF

7. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    I just can't say often enough how much I love Nichyn and Lera--almost as much as I love Kyp and Sanar. :D

I'm so glad someone knows her secret now, and it's really interesting how he reacted--both as a product of his cultural environment and of his family. Obviously, Lera feels closer to Sanar and Devnos than Nichyn himself does, which is a fascinating insight into how his mother raised him. Very believable. And the drain all of these visions or possessions or whatever they are is taking on Lera is heartbreaking--but it's just like her to forge on ahead anyways.

Anyways, great post as usual!

8. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    Awww...they're so cute. [face_love] Nichyn's concern for Lera is very believable and touching, and I like that there's no easy resolution to their relationship yet. Great post. :D

9. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Awesome update. I loved the Lera/Nichyn argument because it was so well-done; the cultural differences between them were highlighted in a very believable way and made for some great tension. :)

10. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    JJD: I just can't say often enough how much I love Nichyn and Lera--almost as much as I love Kyp and Sanar.

I'm glad they're working, then :D They're quite a bit of fun to write.

I'm so glad someone knows her secret now, and it's really interesting how he reacted--both as a product of his cultural environment and of his family. Obviously, Lera feels closer to Sanar and Devnos than Nichyn himself does, which is a fascinating insight into how his mother raised him. Very believable.

Haha, yes, it isn't at *all* obvious that I've been taking cultural anthropology classes lately :p But Clayra's style of mothering, and simply how she views her family, is definitely a difference between Lera and Nichyn.

And the drain all of these visions or possessions or whatever they are is taking on Lera is heartbreaking--but it's just like her to forge on ahead anyways.

She's surprisingly tough--which is important, because she needs to be, for her own future. But that's another story :p

Anyways, great post as usual!

Thanks [face_blush]

Emerald_Lady: Awww...they're so cute.

[face_laugh] Yes, L/N is the cute ball of pink fluffy fluff that routinely sends me into a sugar overdose :p [face_love]

love Nichyn's concern for Lera is very believable and touching, and I like that there's no easy resolution to their relationship yet. Great post.

joe: I loved the Lera/Nichyn argument because it was so well-done; the cultural differences between them were highlighted in a very believable way and made for some great tension

Thanks! They come from such very, very different backgrounds, so it's very interesting to see how some of their arguments turn out :)

Well, I apologize ahead of time for any mistakes--I think I caught everything, but I've come down with a nasty cold, so everything I see is through a haze of kleenex [face_tired] :p This was *also* supposed to be just one big chapter, but I think it's pretty obvious that it's been chopped in half *laughs* This one is 11 pages, and I'm hoping that I'll keep flying through the second half... My muse seems to be in a good mood, even if the rest of me isn't :p

So.

Update :D

x-x-x-x

Chapter Thirty-Three: The Sildar?s Song

Isra?s letter of selfishness brought only silence. She had known it would. Gaffil was a being governed by that which best served him, and she had given him no reason to help her.

She had forgotten her place. Lost her level head in the web of Gaffil?s plots. It happened to everyone, eventually. She hadn?t expected to be immune. She hadn?t.

Isra prepared for her fate.

~*~*~

This, Gaffil mused, was the boring part of an attack. The part where all the threads had to be fisted together, where they could so easily fall apart?but still, the boring part. He had more patience than his older brother, but he disliked seeing time wasted over others? preparations and reactions.

At the moment, he and his unit were concealed by a clump of sparse trees, and behind a hill. The couple they were observing had been identified as part of the ?Kavishka?s? increasingly infamous group. How they had remained thus far oblivious to Gaffil?s military unit was a source of disdain of Gaffil?s part. They could have at least sent some suspicious looks over their shoulders. Instead, they seemed intent on their mild bickering. Marriage, Gaffil thought with a snort.

?When do you want to send them in?? asked the woman at his side.

Gaffil glanced at her. The Resistance really had gotten greedy, he thought, with Isra in his bed and his confidance. A few months ago, this one?Dara?had been transferred to his personal military unit with naught but hastily made papers, some talent with a dagger (with the MR as her only possible trainer), and a sultry gaze that crossed the border of indecency. He doubted, however, that Dara was as loyal to the MR as Isra. And even if she was faithful, she was a damned lazy spy.

?A

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Interesting musings by Gaffil at first, but archers??? As in bow and arrow archers???

Clayra and Gantik, what a pair. Good talk about Sanar, there. And ooh, bad move, Clayra! And... arrows. Why arrows? And whoa, Devnos? Did I miss something?

And wow. Great little scene with Sanar, there.

Nail clippers?[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Krista is being such... such a girl there! ;)

Hmm, the arrows are working. Surprised, there.

Awesome post, Erin! Hope you feel better.[:D]

12. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Interesting musings by Gaffil at first, but archers??? As in bow and arrow archers???

Yes, as in bow and arrow archers :p NLY isn't as (weapon) technologically advanced as, say, the NR or the Galactic Alliance, or whatever they're calling it now :p So, yes, archers. And swords.

Clayra and Gantik, what a pair.

*laughs* Oh, yes, what a pair. I swear, half the time I think they deserve each other :p

And ooh, bad move, Clayra!

Clayra is not the brightest crayon in the box [face_doh]

And whoa, Devnos? Did I miss something?

Ah, I thought this might happen... Gaffil (and Rafintair, but principally Gaffil) was responsible for inserting the chip into Devnos' head. Sanar knows. Hence...revenge.

Nail clippers? laugh laugh laugh Krista is being such... such a girl there!

Krista is...a unique individual :p

Hmm, the arrows are working. Surprised, there.

Well, think about it. Besides Miko and Sanar, everyone has daggers/blasters/swords, and such, so they can't exactly stop them. But even lightsabers--they wouldn't just bounce off like blaster bolts, so it's still *different* for the GFFA'ers to dodge them. I'm not saying that the Prophecy Crew are being picked off by the arrows with great success--and Gaffil really intends them more to slow down the PC, or at least distract them--but they are, on occasion, making their mark.

Awesome post, Erin! Hope you feel better.

~TJF

13. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    First of all, let me just say that you better not kill anyone off in this battle, because I'm just not ready to let go. Of anyone. Seriously.

Just kidding. You know I trust you. But if someone does die, there will be tears. It will be ugly. :_| [face_devil] ;)

That said, I'm becoming very fascinated with this Gaffil guy--just what are his motivations? And Dara's getting on my nerves, so I can imagine how he's feeling about the situation. Clayra and Gantik are always fascinating together--very believable, but very frustrating. And I loved the switching viewpoints in this post. Krista still managed to crack me up in the middle of a battle--the nail thing was classic--and I love the insight into Sanar's being a survivor and not a warrior--her first instinct being a lot of quick damage and then get-the-hell-out-of-there. Yes. That's Sanar to a T. I love overprotective Kyp, of course, because I love him all the time. And the last part with Sanar's dream made me really realize for the first time just how manufactured those visions had been.

Well, I'm sure that was barely coherent, but I hope complimentary. Magnificent post as always, and I cannot wait for more! Oh, and I hope you feel better soon!

14. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    *sputters incoherently* Wow! =D= What a post! Just wow! :D

It came to Gaffil, unbidden?if Rafintair somehow managed to overcome his defences? Despite himself, Isra?s letter had not escaped Gaffil?s thoughts. And Isra?s desperation?a glimpse of herself, for once, freely given and with no hidden agenda?had barely left his mind since he received her message.

Gaffil and Isra are such intriguing characters. Gaffil is such a jerk in so many ways and yet he seems to actually care for Isra. [face_thinking]

Sanar?s ability with a lightsaber was generally dubious. She had a little training, and could access some of Jaina?s skill through their bond. But she was a survivor first, fighter second. The dark-haired woman was best with lashing out, injuring someone long enough to make her point or her escape. She had tasted only one man?s blood?her worst enemy?s?and it had ripped through even her hatred. Sanar was very good at hating, but still very new to seeing the life drain from a familiar being?s eyes, right before her.

Sanar with a lightsaber? Awesome. :cool: Although her desire for revenge is veering into dark side territory, it's nice to see her kick some butt.

Krista was pretty sure she had broken a nail. Of course, on the grand, saving-the-galaxy-one-evil-dictator-at-a-time scale?not a biggie. But still, she was pretty sure she had forgotten her nail clippers. And unlike some missions, she had a reason to want to look pretty.

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

I love Krista so much. Her POV was absolutely hilarious.

Judging by her dazed, disgruntled expression, the glare had little-to-no effect on its recipient. He was out of practice. Or Sanar was just ridiculously stubborn, and had problems with rational authority. Either one.

My bet's on both. :p

She gave him a narrow-eyed glare. ?Yes, Durron.? Abruptly, she giggled. ?Kyp. Durron. Kyp.?
    Kyp rolled his eyes. ?I?ll be back as soon as I can.? She snorted. ?Try to stay half-sane until then??
    He didn?t think she?d remember it, so he took a chance. Leaning forward, he kissed her forehead gently. Stay safe.

[face_love]

Great post. I'm usually not much for action sequences, but I couldn't stop reading this update. Very well-written, as always. :D

15. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    JJD: First of all, let me just say that you better not kill anyone off in this battle, because I'm just not ready to let go. Of anyone. Seriously.

[face_batting] Would I do something like that? You're so *paranoid* :rolleyes: ;) ...One main-ish character will die. But I don't think it'll surprise (or really upset) you who it is :p

But if someone does die, there will be tears. It will be ugly. cry devil wink

...I'll be sure to give you a tissue warning when things get ugly. Though...possibly *after* the chapter ;p

That said, I'm becoming very fascinated with this Gaffil guy--just what are his motivations?

Haha, he *is* very interesting--I didn't expect to like writing him as much as I do. As for his motivations--Gaffil is perhaps the most amoral, self-centered character, even if he manages not to be blinded by it. He's only out for himself--his plans, his power, his revenge. And possibly Other Things...not that he'll admit to any of those :p

And Dara's getting on my nerves, so I can imagine how he's feeling about the situation.

[face_laugh] She isn't the most likeable character. She shows up more in the next chapter, not that that helps her character :p

Clayra and Gantik are always fascinating together--very believable, but very frustrating.

Thank you :D Writing those two is like watching a car crash, but their relationship is, obviously, very different from almost any other in this fic.

And I loved the switching viewpoints in this post.

There'll be plenty more of that in this last part of the fic--next chapter, for sure, and once the climax stuff hits...everyone has scenes :p

Krista still managed to crack me up in the middle of a battle--the nail thing was classic--and I love the insight into Sanar's being a survivor and not a warrior--her first instinct being a lot of quick damage and then get-the-hell-out-of-there. Yes. That's Sanar to a T. I love overprotective Kyp, of course, because I love him all the time.

And the last part with Sanar's dream made me really realize for the first time just how manufactured those visions had been.

Well, now that I've really *over*-pounded that part in...coming up will be more of the Prophecy-can't-control-everything variety. Sanar gets to figure out some more about the dreams. But I'll let her remind you of one of Niha's more fortunate slips [face_mischief]

Well, I'm sure that was barely coherent, but I hope complimentary. Magnificent post as always, and I cannot wait for more! Oh, and I hope you feel better soon!

joe: *sputters incoherently* Wow! applause What a post! Just wow!

Really? Thank you :D Since I'm rather bad at it, I loathe all things action, so it means quite a bit that you liked this chapter anyway :)

Gaffil and Isra are such intriguing characters. Gaffil is such a jerk in so many ways and yet he seems to actually care for Isra.

Oh, goodness, Gaffil and Isra. I didn't realize what I was getting myself into until I started writing them, or they would have come in much, much earlier. Gaffil is...interesting. If he isn't Rafintair!evil, he certainly has a shrivelled little heart made out of stone. The Isra facet, however, makes things more complicated. At the very least, he respects Isra (in his way) more than he does anyone else, which probably means more for their relationship than, say, if he was secretly in love with her. Not that he might *not* maybe-kinda-possibly?secretly in love with Isra, and vice versa. But both of them are playing the other, so even if they were both brutally honest with themselves, they might not be able to figure out the truth on that score. So.

Sanar with a lightsaber? Awesome. cool Although her desire for revenge is veering into dark side territory, it's nice to see her kick some butt.

Haha, and if this was not the last Always fic, Sanar probably *would* end up turning Dark side, and then we'd be right back at the start of this trilogy *all* over again, and I

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    This chapter almost ended up being 14 pages long, but I ended up taking it to the chopping block (that's two chapters in a row :p), so it's slightly shorter than that. I've hit an easier patch of ItM, so I'm hoping to update a little quicker (say, twice a month instead of once? :p) for the next while, at least.

Anyway, enjoy :D

-------------

Chapter Thirty-Four: Gaffil Jir

Krista?s neck pricked irritably, but she shouldered on. Her arms ached, sweat dripped in her eyes, and more than one (relatively minor) wound was bleeding. The worrying tingle could just as easily be her imagination as the Force. Since the second wave of soldiers, Krista had sternly mastered her concentration. Miko was a big boy who had a lightsaber, and he could certainly keep himself alive for a few minutes. And Krista didn?t have a cut-through-anything lightsaber, or duelling training?she was Intel, for stars? sake.

Miko could yell if he needed help. Krista needed to focus?

?Krista!? Dejah?s voice cut through her concentration.

The blonde ducked her opponent?s vicious knife arc. She had managed to take out the thinner man, but that left the comparable giant. As quickly as she could, Krista tried for her own knife jab, but at a place significantly more sensitive than the soldier?s target had been. He dodged?barely. Instead, her knife sank into his thigh muscles.

?I?m kinda busy, Dejah,? Krista shouted. When her name was shouted once more, she sighed. A series of punches, finished off with a well-placed kick, finally made the giant groan in a manner similar to a dying animal. ?Gimme a sec!?

Apparently, she didn?t have a ?sec,? because Dejah?s voice became a touch more frantic. ?I?ll be right there!? she promised someone.

The hairs on Krista?s neck fairly crawled when she stopped ignoring them. MikoMikowhereisMiko? She faltered a second?forced herself not to turn and look?you can?t do anything if you?re dead.

Krista?s attack turned vicious. She slipped past Giant?s swinging arm, then slid close enough to smash her elbow into his throat twice. Before he could react even to that, her knee shot into his thigh wound. He fell to his knees in pain. Krista couldn?t blame him; it was a natural reaction. But it was rather stupid?he was the perfect height for her to get her hands around his beefy neck. Twist, and snap, and the fight was finished with perhaps some of the dirtiest tactics Krista had ever used.

She didn?t think about the giant, though?Miko, she thought frantically. Where had she last seen him?

It took a second. But Kyp had yelled something earlier?for Miko to take out the archers. Eventually, Krista remembered and set off in the right direction. ?Miko!? she yelled. ?I?m coming!?

The archers had set themselves up to the west, behind the cover of trees and one of the terrains? rolling hills. She didn?t have time to fight her way through the mass of fighting. Instead, Krista cut a path through them, pausing only long enough to knick an enemy here and there as distraction.

When she finally arrived, however, she stumbled to a stop. She had been expecting to dodge arrows and shoot her technologically advanced equivalent. Instead, Krista found Miko duelling with two men. Miko?s lightsaber had been replaced with a sword. And he was losing.

This was actually worse than the broken nail.

~*~*~

Miko had taken care of the easy part while he had the element of surprise. Five archers down before a man knocked Miko?s lightsaber out of his hand. But before he could summon it back, the same man had thrown it into the nearby oasis. As a general rule, lightsabers?did not like water.

One of the men Miko killed had a sword, which Miko now used. He could adjust to the extra weight?mostly. He had even taken down two of the four remaining men. It still created a handicap in a fight where every flaw was held against him.

Then it got ugly. Because those last two men were the

17. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
  18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Sorry, Erin. Got your PM just as I was leaving for a party... ^_^;;;

Anyway... That was still some good action with Krista there. You're not 'hopeless' about it, dudette. Especially against that Giant! And yes, worse than a broekn nail. :p

Ah, Miko, if Krista's got a blaster... then she deosn't need a sword.

wherewherewherethere I liked that little bit, there. Calm down, Sildar!

LOL. I loved Dara's priorities, there.

*Begins to smack Gantik, but thinks better of it* Well, he's trying.

And not good... Sanar captured? Gaffil alive? What a cliffie! Worthy of the goddess! :D

19. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Anyway... That was still some good action with Krista there. You're not 'hopeless' about it, dudette. Especially against that Giant!

Thanks [face_blush]
    And yes, worse than a broekn nail. tongue

Just a little bit :p

Ah, Miko, if Krista's got a blaster... then she deosn't need a sword.

Well, not as long as she can guarantee that she won't accidentally shoot Miko instead... :p The way I saw it is that bringing blasters, and other such long range weapons, don't always have the best results in close quarters--too easy for you to shoot an ally instead of an enemy...and Miko didn't have any time to get out of the way for a perfect shot :)

wherewherewherethere I liked that little bit, there. Calm down, Sildar!

Haha, it's running a little low on patience :p

LOL. I loved Dara's priorities, there.

Oh, Dara. If only she knew about Gaffil's spartan quarters and distaste for jewellery :p

*Begins to smack Gantik, but thinks better of it* Well, he's trying.

*scowls at Gantik* Trying, yes. Not that Clayra minds [face_doh]

And not good... Sanar captured? Gaffil alive? What a cliffie! Worthy of the goddess!

~TJF

20. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    I thought the action sequences were very well done, actually. :) I love the ensemble nature of this story -- the way we see things from so many POVs during updates and how they all seem to come together in the end.

I liked the Sildar's "thoughts"; very creepy, especially the "watch see he?ll?this is how he killed us" bit.

Kyp Durron could not let anything happen to Sanar Klis.
    He wondered if she would ever understand that.

Aww. [face_love] Of course she'll understand it ... someday ... when the Prophecy has been fulfilled and she realizes she loves Kyp ... right? [face_batting] :p

21. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Hey! [face_peace]

I wish I could do a line by line analysis of this (I feel like I've been falling down on the job), but I'm in a big hurry at the moment. So know how much I absolutely adore every single thing about this post, and hopefully I'll be able to write a better review soon!

Glorious, as always!

22. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    joe: I thought the action sequences were very well done, actually.

thanks [face_blush]

I love the ensemble nature of this story -- the way we see things from so many POVs during updates and how they all seem to come together in the end.

I'm glad it's working--I keep worrying that I ignore too many or spread it too thin :p

I liked the Sildar's "thoughts"; very creepy, especially the "watch see he?ll?this is how he killed us" bit.

The Sildar is indeed very, very creepy :S Thankfully, unlike some characters, it *hasn't* invaded my brain, so--happy Erin :p

Aww. love Of course she'll understand it ... someday ... when the Prophecy has been fulfilled and she realizes she loves Kyp ... right?

[face_laugh] Someday [face_mischief]

...Actually. *checks chapter outlines* Dude. Someday soon :eek: *proceeds to freak out over how soon she'll have to write some of this stuff*

JJD: I wish I could do a line by line analysis of this (I feel like I've been falling down on the job), but I'm in a big hurry at the moment.

Well, I'm glad it could possibly inspire that kind of response, anyway, lol

So know how much I absolutely adore every single thing about this post, and hopefully I'll be able to write a better review soon!
    Glorious, as always!

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

~TJF

23. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    ?I?m kinda busy, Dejah,? Krista shouted. When her name was shouted once more, she sighed. A series of punches, finished off with a well-placed kick, finally made the giant groan in a manner similar to a dying animal. ?Gimme a sec!?

[face_laugh]Krista's such an interesting mass of contradictions. She's a girly girl, but she can still take out huge guys in hand-to-hand fights. I think my favorite thing about the character is that she's so much more than she seems at first glance.

When she finally arrived, however, she stumbled to a stop. She had been expecting to dodge arrows and shoot her technologically advanced equivalent. Instead, Krista found Miko duelling with two men. Miko?s lightsaber had been replaced with a sword. And he was losing.

This was actually worse than the broken nail.

I love how you use little things to show the development of their relationship, and how they're both falling in love with each other but are still too much in denial to admit it.

And?Krista.

Awww.[face_love]

Covered in lacerations, he wasn?t going down without a fight, but most men (maybe the ones who didn?t love girls with abandonment issues) would have given in already.

I like the bittersweet humor here.:)

don?t look for a weak side doesn?t have one / he?ll see that move you?re telegraphing that move / watch see he?ll?this is how he killed us / don?t follow it tricktricktrick / sand now now now

Kind of creepy, yet cool. If the Sildar contains the memories of everyone ever killed by Gaffil, it would be quite a fount of battle tactics.

I should probably also apologize for the questionable action scenes in here. There's a reason I don't write it much :p

I thought the action scenes were really good.:p And I look forward to the K/S parts you're freaking out about.;)

24. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Krista's such an interesting mass of contradictions. She's a girly girl, but she can still take out huge guys in hand-to-hand fights. I think my favorite thing about the character is that she's so much more than she seems at first glance.

Lol, thanks :D She's rather amusing to write :)

I love how you use little things to show the development of their relationship, and how they're both falling in love with each other but are still too much in denial to admit it.

Thanks! Miko/Krista is just so...normal compared to K/S :p But it's nice to pick them up from where they were in CitR..

Kind of creepy, yet cool. If the Sildar contains the memories of everyone ever killed by Gaffil, it would be quite a fount of battle tactics.

It would be *very* helpful. Or very not, with a million voices shouting in your head, but... :p

I thought the action scenes were really good.

thanks [face_blush]

And I look forward to the K/S parts you're freaking out about.

4 chapters :D [face_mischief]

Hopefully there'll be an update later this afternoon; tomorrow at the latest :)

~TJF

25. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Ta da! New post. Already :D

Chapter Thirty-Five: Dead Man Walking

Miko. And blood.

At first, that was all Krista could see. All she could feel, clawing at her heart, strangling the air out of her lungs. All she could think. Scream, though she couldn?t say a word.

Miko. And blood.

Krista forced herself to breathe past it.

Miko. And blood. But she could see now that he was still alive?his chest was moving, even if it was bloody?just not ready to get back up yet. Still alive, though. Kyp had stopped Gaffil before he could kill Miko.

Dejah was still fighting, Krista saw when she had pushed past the almost-loss. The woman was tiring, though. Krista wasn?t much help in a sword fight, and she hadn?t even started the training ?saber part of her Jedi instruction. But she had to be able to help by now, when both participants looked exhausted.

She didn?t let herself go to Miko yet. She could feel him?strong and alive, hurt but not in serious danger?in that place where she felt the Force. Things would get worse if Dejah lost. Krista had to prioritize.

A few moments passed, then Krista spied her opportunity. She caught Dejah?s eye, signalled her intent, then charged. Her twin daggers made defence difficult, but her darting attacks quickly worsened the soldier?s condition. A slash across his sword arm?he didn?t like that?and Dejah punched him in the face. He recovered, and kicked Dejah?s feet out from under her.

While Dejah?s sword was out of the picture, Krista?s role momentarily became more precarious. Dejah rose slowly, tired and no doubt injured. The next time Dejah?s sword made their opponent open a vulnerable side, Krista took a chance. She sheathed both daggers, and drew her blaster. She knocked aside his protective arm with a hard elbow jab. Before he could stop her, Krista pressed her blaster up against his chest. She shot twice, as quickly as her sore muscles would allow her.

The first shot hit him, and probably came near a lung, but at the very least some essential organs. The second blaster bolt, however, was skewed?the man having shuddered and pushed Krista back. She stumbled and fell backwards. Her head thumped against the ground. She lay stunned for a moment?

her vision blurred, and there were so many people, dying and dead and killing, and she hurthurthurt, and Miko, oh Force, no

?before she could recover. Ow. She had jarred her funny bone on the way down, and it tingled as she reached once more for her blaster. Krista didn?t want to think about the stars she saw. Ow, stangit. But even as her arm was straightening out for a third shot, Dejah had risen behind the man. She slit his throat, and Krista shuddered as blood sprayed. Both women stared at him as he fell, and then, for a moment more, at each other.

Krista gulped for air when, seconds later, the fight caught up with her. Her injured arm, shallowly wounded but considerably battered, gave and she fell back to the ground. Her head ached; her mind was dazed.

And two of her nails were definitely broken. Raggedly, even. Ew.

She breathed deeply, then rolled into a sitting position. Miko. Her elbows stung, and her funny bone still tingled. She tried not to move her arms as she stood and walked toward her best friend.

Krista frowned when she saw that Dejah had beaten her to Miko?s side. Not that it meant anything?Miko needed medical attention. And as far as present enemies went, there was only that guy Kyp fought?Gaffil, or something??who remained alive. But Dejah?s concern for Miko stirred a strange sensation in Krista?s gut. I thought she didn?t like guys, the blonde groused silently. Trying to stifle her response, Krista knelt next to Miko. She might have semi-purposely knocked Dejah?s hands away from Miko?s face. But she doubted Miko would really appreciate a stranger touching him anyway. Even if the stranger in question was an exotic woman with pretty features. Dejah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.