main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Always III: In the Morning (drama, fantasy, romance) COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Miko. And blood.

I like the repetition here; it's a nice representation of Krista's concern for Miko.

She was a little too pleased that Dejah, kneeling next to her, received no such semi-conscious-but-yep-he-still-knew-her acknowledgement.

:D She's so in denial.:D

She nodded quickly, and told herself there were no tears?not even tears of relief?in her eyes. It would totally ruin what remained of her make-up.

[face_laugh]This was priceless. Only Krista would wear full makeup on a battle mission.

But we are both stuck with it, and someday you?ll have to realize that I didn?t know anything about Prophecy when I started to love you. Hells,? he laughed bitterly, ?I wasn?t even the Kavishka at the time.?

Well, it's about time that got out.:D

?My legs are fine.?

?Of course they are,? he demurred, not letting go of her.

?Shut up.?

I loooove your Kyp/Sanar banner. They're both so incredibly stubborn. Makes you wonder what their kids will be like.;)

It was ironic, really, that he might be undone by one of his own tricks.

The not-so-nice side of me is happy that he's going to die slowly.

?No.? Jaina?s expression was just as fierce as Sanar?s. ?Kyp loves you, Sanar, and everyone but you knows that it isn?t because of Prophecy. At the very, very least, it goes beyond his role as the Kavishka.?

Yay, Jaina returns! And to knock some much-needed sense into Sanar, no less. I hope Sanar gets to return the favor soon. It sounds like Jaina could use some sisterly support/knocking upside the head right now too.

Great update! It was worth the wait.:D

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Wow! Great to see a new post so soon, Erin! :D [:D]

Good god, but that opening with Krista there... *Shudder* So tense! And loved the little diffused bit with Miko joking with her at the end. 'My eyes'...[face_laugh]

The Sildar is in Gaffil's blood now... did Kyp go into prophecy-sharing as a side job? And loved him and Sanar, there. Hehe... can't deny his feelings for you now, Sanar!

And it's gonna suck big time for Gaffil... until the end.

Nice convo between Jaina and Sanar. NLY's water... ? Some sort of drug? Hmm, not good.

Great update, Erin! Up!

3. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Yay! A new post!

Can I just take a moment to compliment you? 8-} You?ve developed so much as a writer from when you first started ?Return of the Jedi.? Not to say that you weren?t great then, but you?ve just developed this style that is completely and totally your own, that?s lyrical and powerful without being distracting, and that immerses us inside the characters? heads. I feel like I?m gushing, but it?s all true! :D

And can I just say how much I love Krista and Miko? Every line of her thoughts about him and then their interaction was just absolutely perfect and sweet and hilarious. They?re possibly the most adorable things in the galaxy.

And of course, Kyp and Sanar are wonderful, too (the defnition of wonderfulness, actually), but I would never describe them as adorable. :p Regardless, I love their interactions. They?re both so totally?themselves. They?re so wonderfully snarky together, and you have my giggling at almost every line!

And Jaina and Sanar of course have one of my very favorite relationships. I adore them. Adore them.

Jaina looked at her blankly. ?It was Kyp, not the Kavishka. One of them came first, and Prophecy couldn?t have chosen Kyp as the next Kavishka if he didn?t barge into your dreams first.?

You are so sneaky! Layers and layers and layers! Just when we think we?ve got it figured out?you manage to save the whole situation! I love it! [face_laugh]

And then this:

?I think?and all signs point to this?the water is from NLY.? You manage to tie everything together! Is this a hint that we might be seeing Jaina and Zekk sooner rather than later?

Oh, and Isra and Dejah and Gaffil and everyone?they?re all so interesting. This last post especially helped me understand Dejah so much more. That part was great--the whole post was great. I love, love, love, love, love this story!

4. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Emerald_Lady: She's so in denial.

[face_laugh] She is so *very* in denial. It'll be fun when she has to stop [face_mischief]

This was priceless. Only Krista would wear full makeup on a battle mission.

Krista would wear full make up on death row. And rush to the powder room if she ever pulled a Jaina and came back to life :p

I loooove your Kyp/Sanar banner. They're both so incredibly stubborn. Makes you wonder what their kids will be like.

[face_laugh] Thanks :D

Yay, Jaina returns! And to knock some much-needed sense into Sanar, no less. I hope Sanar gets to return the favor soon. It sounds like Jaina could use some sisterly support/knocking upside the head right now too.

Oh, Jaina :( She's good at getting through Sanar's thick skull, but I'm afraid she isn't the one who needs a knock upside the head right now :\ *gives Zekk a pointed glare*

Jon: Wow! Great to see a new post so soon, Erin!

Well, as long as the chapters keep going, there should be a new post every two weeks :)

Good god, but that opening with Krista there... *Shudder* So tense!

I'll take that as a compliment [face_mischief]

And loved the little diffused bit with Miko joking with her at the end. 'My eyes'...

I figured you might like that part, lol.

The Sildar is in Gaffil's blood now... did Kyp go into prophecy-sharing as a side job?

Oh, no--it simply means that the Sildar will be working on Gaffil for a while. Longer than if Kyp had simply killed him and been done with it.

And loved him and Sanar, there. Hehe... can't deny his feelings for you now, Sanar!

But she'll *try* :p

Nice convo between Jaina and Sanar. NLY's water... ? Some sort of drug? Hmm, not good.

Well, not it's *water*-water--a specially treated version of it. Someday, Sanar will get her exposition chance :p

Great update, Erin! Up!

JJD: Can I just take a moment to compliment you? silly You?ve developed so much as a writer from when you first started ?Return of the Jedi.? Not to say that you weren?t great then, but you?ve just developed this style that is completely and totally your own, that?s lyrical and powerful without being distracting, and that immerses us inside the characters? heads. I feel like I?m gushing, but it?s all true!

So, you know you just *totally* made my day, right? [face_blush] Thanks so much :D

And can I just say how much I love Krista and Miko? Every line of her thoughts about him and then their interaction was just absolutely perfect and sweet and hilarious. They?re possibly the most adorable things in the galaxy.

I'm glad - I think they're rather loveable, but it's nice to have company ;)

And of course, Kyp and Sanar are wonderful, too (the defnition of wonderfulness, actually), but I would never describe them as adorable.

Haha, no, *not* adorable :p

Regardless, I love their interactions. They?re both so totally?themselves. They?re so wonderfully snarky together, and you have my giggling at almost every line!

Thanks :D It's nice to know they aren't getting too...moderate as this drags on and on [face_blush] :p

And Jaina and Sanar of course have one of my very favorite relationships. I adore them. Adore them.

thank you :D I was so excited to throw them back together, even for the short scene that didn't turn out as well as I hoped :p

You are so sneaky! Layers and layers and layers! Just when we think we?ve got it figured out?you manage to save the whole situation! I love it! laugh

Oh, believe me, I've been planning this all for *ages*. They're getting together whether they like it or not :p [face_mischief]

You manage to tie everything together! Is this a hint that we might be seeing Jaina and Zekk sooner rather than later?

You will see them...just post-climax. The surprisingly developed J/Z storyline comes from way back, when I thought I would juggle J/Z, TK, etc, as well as the Prophecy Plot. But they'll be around. Jaina more than Zekk :)

Oh, and Isra and D

5. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    *squee* Loved it. :D I'd just be repeating everyone else (and gushing in the process) if I mentioned all of my favorite parts, but once again I'm in awe of the real, complex world and characters you've invented. I'm fully convinced that one day I'll see your name on the cover of some amazing, award-winning fantasy novel. ;)

She nodded quickly, and told herself there were no tears?not even tears of relief?in her eyes. It would totally ruin what remained of her make-up. ?That?s okay. I?ll be right here.?
    Not too bad, for a fight that broke her nails.

I love Krista and Miko. So much. [face_love] You've really defined Miko for me; I liked him in what little of the NJO he showed up in before his death, but you've given him so much depth! It's amazing. :)

?Okay, that?s it.? Barely mindful of her injuries, he grabbed her by the elbows and shook her. ?I care. Hate it all you want, but at least accept it. I love you, and I don?t care about this stupid prophecy?which I?m not even sure I really understand?and I?m sorry you got caught up in all of this. But we are both stuck with it, and someday you?ll have to realize that I didn?t know anything about Prophecy when I started to love you. Hells,? he laughed bitterly, ?I wasn?t even the Kavishka at the time.?

Ah! FINALLY! This made my week. :D :D [face_dancing] :D :D [face_love]

Sanar rather doubted that. She had, after all, just told Durron something similar. ?Is it something to do with Zekk??
    Jaina opened her mouth, then quickly closed it.

Okay, just so you know, if the J/Z storyline doesn't get some closure, I might have to summon the pitchfork-bearing mob. :( :p The little hints Jaina dropped in her conversation with Sanar are going to drive me insane! 8-}

In the desert night, Dejah lit her candle. Once, she had prayed so often that this candle would be completely gone within days. Tonight, it was only half melted. Of all the times to fall behind, this wasn?t it. ?These are the days that prophecy walks,? she murmured to the silent dark. ?The days of heroes and noble deeds, of redemption and saving grace. These are the days of the goddess.? These, Dejah thought, or perhaps the ones another century from now.

This section was gorgeous. Loved the imagery with the candle. And those lines -- "These are the days that prophecy walks ..." -- they could almost be the tagline for this series, couldn't they?

Great update, as always. =D=

6. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    *squee* Loved it. grin I'd just be repeating everyone else (and gushing in the process) if I mentioned all of my favorite parts, but once again I'm in awe of the real, complex world and characters you've invented. I'm fully convinced that one day I'll see your name on the cover of some amazing, award-winning fantasy novel. wink

Thank you :D [face_blush]

I love Krista and Miko. So much. love You've really defined Miko for me; I liked him in what little of the NJO he showed up in before his death, but you've given him so much depth! It's amazing.

Haha, thanks -- beyond his apprenticeship to Kyp, he is based on no canon whatsoever (not that there's much on the poor guy :p), but I'm rather fond of him anyway :)

Ah! FINALLY! This made my week. grin grin dancing grin grin love

Then hopefully you'll like the next few chapters' K/S scenes ;
    Okay, just so you know, if the J/Z storyline doesn't get some closure, I might have to summon the pitchfork-bearing mob. sad tongue The little hints Jaina dropped in her conversation with Sanar are going to drive me insane! silly

[face_laugh] There will be an explanation, and--if absolutely nothing else--all of the characters get an epilogue-style blurb about their lives post-Always. So no pitchfork-bearing mobs! ;)

This section was gorgeous. Loved the imagery with the candle. And those lines -- "These are the days that prophecy walks ..." -- they could almost be the tagline for this series, couldn't they?

Lol, that's Dejah, summing up my 350+ pg monster in a paragraph :p

Great update, as always.

Update :D

x-x-x-x

Chapter Thirty-Six: Cliché (The One Where They Fall in Love)

Isra woke to footsteps. Several metres from the door, walking, she noted immediately. Half a minute. She had learned to push her sleepy mind into clarity years ago, and the transition was seamless. Without looking out the window, she calculated that it was far too late for anyone besides a priest or an assassin. Too still. Her head still resting on her folded arms, Isra didn?t move from where she had fallen asleep on Gaffil?s desk. She hadn?t wanted to stay in the main servants? quarters (where she still officially slept), but Alon?s office would have been too obvious. Too desperate, even if it was blatant enough for Alon to have offered it. At least in Gaffil?s quarters she could claim that she had been going about her normal duties in case Gaffil really was just missing. The Holy Brothers might even believe her, when they came for her.

Or now, she thought as she recognized a second set of footsteps, these hurrying. Isra slowly straightened in her chair. A faint scuffle sounded, and then the curtains were shoved aside with a shriek.

Showtime.

She raised her eyes to greet death?solemn, remember, serene and shining and perhaps some awe, gratitude?but stopped at the sight before her. General Alon, faintly rumpled (had he just left his lover?s arms?), had somehow snared himself a struggling, petulant Dara. ?Good evening, general,? Isra murmured. Years in the field kept her voice steady, though the surprise hadn?t helped her paranoid nerves. She curtseyed, then rose with an arched eyebrow. He liked his acting with a dash of attitude. ?This is an interesting time of night for you to visit.?

Dara looked mad enough to spit, but she took a second to smirk at Isra. Perhaps Dara thought Isra stupid?or hopelessly naïve?for not lafiting every man who crossed her path? From what Isra had discovered about Dara, the girl didn?t exactly think before taking even an illusory opportunity. Briefly, Isra let her expression flicker into something like a sneer. Dara was little more than a feline in heat. Where Geneva even found this girl, let alone the stupidity to trust her?

Alon caught the exchange, and Isra made sure he saw her disgust, faintly expressed though it was. Gaffil had liked the mask; Alon hated it.

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Awesome, Erin! Well, sucks to be Gaffil... *Shudder* I don't feel... sorry for him, though. A character flaw, I know. *Shrugs* Isra stayed with him until the end.

Get it yet, Sanar? :D He loves you because he loves you!

Man,,, Isra can be ice-cold! Love it, though. :)

And updates possibly every two weeks? Ya-hoo!!!![face_dancing][face_dancing]

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Awesome, Erin! Well, sucks to be Gaffil... *Shudder* I don't feel... sorry for him, though. A character flaw, I know. *Shrugs*

Actually, I'm rather glad you didn't feel sorry for him--Gaffil was a nasty excuse for a human being, but I kept feeling like I was over-sympathizing with him in his scenes, because of the Isra factor [face_plain] Of course, with Gaffil dead, everyone better hope Kyp succeeds in overthrowing Rafintair (and Pucijir's Order), or they're all screwed :p

Get it yet, Sanar? grin He loves you because he loves you!

[face_laugh] It only took her a while :p

Man,,, Isra can be ice-cold! Love it, though. happy

Thanks :D Isra's going to make it through the revolution [face_mischief]

And updates possibly every two weeks? Ya-hoo!!!!

Well, I may have jinxed it by declaring it in-thread, but...hopefully :p

~TJF

9. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
  10. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    Fascinating interaction between Isra and Gaffil. Funny how I know I should utterly despise Gaffil, but I can?t when I look at him through Isra?s eyes. The two of them make quite the pair.

As for Dara ? well, it was fun to watch Isra throw her off balance. ;)

She found it on his side. ?I see it.? The wound itself was still bleeding, though very slowly. The skin around it was crusty, deep red, definitely infected. The raw skin made the Mirese symbol, a dancing bear and woman. ?Oh, goddess. It?s?? She raised her wild eyes to Gaffil?s muddled ones. ?Is it?it?s true. Oh, my??

Nice to see a little bit of hope eat away at the edges of Isra?s matter-of-fact cynicism.

And yet?for the first time in too long?Sanar felt like she might be able to listen to some of the answers. Like they might get through this.

It?s progress! [face_dancing]

11. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    And yet?for the first time in too long?Sanar felt like she might be able to listen to some of the answers. Like they might get through this.

:D Sooner or later she'll have to stop fighting. [face_devil]

I also liked how Isra puts Dara in her place, and how Isra is forced to hope when she realizes what killed Gaffil. Nice update. :D =D=

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Chapter Thirty-Six: Cliché (The One Where They Fall in Love) [face_laugh] You're so misleading! The title! Looking at it in hindsight, it's hilarious!

Isra woke to footsteps. Several metres from the door, walking, she noted immediately. Half a minute. I love how much you can tell about a character in just a few lines like this. Wonderful.

Gaffil, but he looked nothing like the dark, powerful, enigmatic prince who had been both terrifying and?everything and nothing she had expected. This man looked like he had been dragged (by Dara, the stupid niftyax) to and dropped in the straw to die. His skin, usually tight and tanned over taunt muscle, was covered in open scabs, lesions, and the start of several boils. When she could force herself to come closer, she saw the clammy sweat and the shudders that clutched his muscles. His eyes, though?glazed, and eerie, and? Dang. The Sildar doesn't mess around, does it? Vengeance indeed.

?The Kavishka did this?? she repeated. Her heart crashed against her ribs in terror, in hope, in?ohgoddessgoddessMujir. I love, love, love this. Isra finally really believing. And for this reason. Brilliant.

Gaffil Jir had never understood the concept of guilt. Such a character revealing line. I love it.

?The ghosts of the people you have harmed will be given their opportunity for revenge. I suppose,? she eyed him critically, ?it will take a nice long time for you to care about that. But in time?a few weeks, maybe a month of their hatred? Death will be the kindest thing they offer you. And then they will have your soul for eternal punishment.? Yeah. What I said about the Sildar before, times about a million.

?Not really,? she protested half-heartedly. ?Frankly, ignoring it sounds like a pretty good plan to me.? She didn?t kick her paxi to a canter, however, giving him her resigned acceptance. Even when she knows she's weakening, she still has to be Sanar.

?On my tombstone, I?m sure it will say something about the ?road to hell.?? Oh, snarky self-effacing Kyp. I love you.

Well, Larifx. It was a little harder to hate him when he even cut the sarcastic and confrontational reactions for an apology. She wasn?t completely unreasonable. Sometimes. [face_laugh] Oh, I love it so much! They're so perfect! Glorious!

When he finally spoke, Durron was practically snarling. ?You?re still not listening. We went over this, just yesterday. Give me some Force-damned credit, Sanar Klis. For Force?s sake. Give me the benefit of the doubt. I love you. Nothing made that happen?nothing, Sanar,? he repeated, cutting off her protest. ?I can tell the difference, you know. I felt it off and on when I came back, and it?s another voice in the back of my head since we came to this planet. I know the difference between loving you and going along with Prophecy. It is the only thing real for me in this mess.? =P~ Yeah.

?Good. I?d be very displeased if you turned out to be a cliché.?

?Me, too,? she retorted dryly.
    This is my favorite of all their exchanges. Again, perfect. As close as they'll ever get....

At first she thought him finally, truly mad from the Sildar. Coherent, in a manner, but lost?and so perhaps she had not known Gaffil Jir as well as she had thought, if the Sildar had affected him so quickly. But then he dragged her down beside him so that their eyes were level. ?And you?re going to make sure of it.? [face_devil] Hmmm....

Marvelous post, as always! I loved it, and I can't wait for the next one! The idea that you'll be updating more often is enough to make me jump up and down with joy!

13. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    joe: Fascinating interaction between Isra and Gaffil. Funny how I know I should utterly despise Gaffil, but I can?t when I look at him through Isra?s eyes. The two of them make quite the pair.

Thank you :D They've been really interesting to write.

As for Dara ? well, it was fun to watch Isra throw her off balance. wink

[face_laugh] Isra and I both enjoyed that part ;)

Nice to see a little bit of hope eat away at the edges of Isra?s matter-of-fact cynicism.

Thanks -- it's interesting, with Isra, that she is very practical and cynical, because her position forces her to get over her inevitable death, but her matter-of-fact nature can extend to faith, as well. She belives in Mujir--eventually things will change. Having the Kavishka show up, however, really threw her for a spin :)

It?s progress!

[face_laugh] Oh, sweetie :p From this point on? K/S is one big, winding line of dominos [face_mischief]

Emerald_Lady: Sooner or later she'll have to stop fighting. devil

As I told jedi_of_ennth -- dominos, here on out [face_mischief] :D

I also liked how Isra puts Dara in her place, and how Isra is forced to hope when she realizes what killed Gaffil. Nice update.

Thanks :D Isra has gotten very good at dealing with threats [face_mischief]

JJD: You have a new icon! :eek: :p Even though I *knew* you were the most recent person to reply, I still did a double-take, wondering if my topic notification had failed me :p Cue: Erin being slow on the uptake :p

You're so misleading! The title! Looking at it in hindsight, it's hilarious!

Lol, I'm glad it amused you :D

Dang. The Sildar doesn't mess around, does it? Vengeance indeed.

Oh, Gaffil? Child's play--as you'll see in the climax. No one besides Kyp has tried to *use* the Sildar, yet, after all [face_plain]

I love, love, love this. Isra finally really believing. And for this reason. Brilliant.

Writing that part made Isra very happy, and me even happier. Isra is not happy enough often enough, poor girl.

Yeah. What I said about the Sildar before, times about a million.

Oh, yes. Sildar is not the nice Disney version of revenge :\

Even when she knows she's weakening, she still has to be Sanar.

[face_laugh] Oh, and she's just *so* close right now. It amuses me greatly. Next chapter!

Oh, I love it so much! They're so perfect! Glorious!

I hope you'll still think so when I get thrown into the muddle that is (the K/S version of) mush ;p

This is my favorite of all their exchanges. Again, perfect. As close as they'll ever get....

Thanks :D Like some of the other parts coming up (though not as long as the K/S one, dear goodness), I've been working up to that one for a nice long while :)

Marvelous post, as always! I loved it, and I can't wait for the next one! The idea that you'll be updating more often is enough to make me jump up and down with joy!

Updates should be at *least* every two weeks, but possibly with less time than that--my muse suddenly started spewing one new chapter per week, so...we'll see how long this lasts, but I hope to minimize the gaps the further into the climax we get :) Thanks!

Update :D

+ one flashback is from...Sanar's first dream about/with the dream!guy. Just in case you were wondering :)

~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Mujir?s Resistance

When Sanar opened her eyes, she was ten again. Before Horaire, before the transfer, before even the soldiers. Ten, and Devnos was her annoying, protective, wonderful big brother. Clayra was the lovely, delicate?not fragile?little girl. Mama was only Mama, not the defeated, resigned traitor who told Sanar to bow and scrape and take everything a niftyax deserved.

And Daddy. Wonderful, warm, perfect Daddy. Her hero. Not dead.

?C?mere, Princess,? he called.

She saw they were standing on the outskirts of Brin, watching the sun set. Her feet were bare; the skin of her arms and knees were visible. Mama would pitch a fit. Sanar

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Good lord, but I feel sorry for Sanar there... *Kicks Prophecy with steel-toed boots*

And so they've arrived, now. This fic's winding up...

I am so gonna miss this when it ends, Erin. :(

15. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    :eek: That is some hardcore Sanar angst! [face_worried] I like that her dream father is on her side one minute and against her the next; dreams never do follow logic well. I enjoyed Kyp's bemused reaction to her behavior. And the Miko/Krista flirting was cute, but poignant because of Braun's POV.

I can't believe this is getting so close to the end. The only bright side is the approach of what I hope are happy, mushy endings for K/S and J/Z. [face_praying] [face_batting]

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    You noticed! Yeah, I?ve been Jacen forever and ever, and I still love that icon, but the other day I was glancing through the icons, and I saw the Kyp one, and I just couldn?t pass it up. Besides, even though I?m not reading Legacy (I might this summer; I haven?t decided yet), I do know enough about it to know that I?m happier with Kyp than I am with Jacen at this point.

Anyways, the post:

The interaction with Jarran was fascinating?obviously, we don?t get to see that often, and it breaks my heart to see all that Sanar?s lost. She and Kyp have so much in common.

?As if the dreams weren?t bad enough,? he continued, his eyes cold. ?No, you had to fall for the man, too.? This line positively gave me goosebumps. It might be one of my favorites in the whole of the series.

?There is only one plan.? The importance of the mission really hit home to me with this line. Chilling.

His smile was crooked, but not Kyp?s broken smile, not his wicked grin. It?s little touches like this?.I cannot tell you how much I adore the idea of Kyp?s smile being broken. You write him so well.

Three years. Three years that she knew now were spent with? I nearly cried when I read this, I was so happy! Although, it does bring up my old question from forever and ever ago, which I thought I had settled in my own mind: if it really was Kyp for three years, why didn?t he have dreams of her? Or did he, and we just don?t know about it? Because the part where she comforts him for the first time makes me feel as though he should know about it?after all, he?s the one being comforted. I?m sure there?s a perfectly logical explanation to this that?s right in front of my face and I just don?t see it, but I still thought I?d ask.

The old Sanar/Kyp flashback still gets to me, gives me goosebumps. It?s so perfect, so beautiful. One of my favorite scenes in the whole trilogy.

She said it again: ?Kyp.? Again with the goosebumps! She said his name! [face_dancing]

She jumped and swallowed. ?What?? she barked, dragging her blanket up to her chin. ?What d?you want?? LOL! She?s just so Sanar!

She was a few seconds late tossing her pillow at him. Only a few seconds. But something was definitely off about Sanar Klis this morning. I love, love, love that he can tell something?s not right with her, just because of her reaction time with a pillow. They are so perfect for each other.

Besides, Dejah doubted that even Prophecy would hold up against the formidable Geneva Tal. Great character-revealing line.

?That?s?? strange, Dejah had intended to say, because the Kavishka had claimed it would take longer than a few days. I feel like there?s something important about this line?guess I?ll just have to wait and see.

Oh, and can I just say that I love the idea of Isra and Dejah in the same room!

He sighed and hunkered down on a boulder. He would never forget?perhaps he was Na?Lein after all. Braun still breaks my heart. What a great line.

?Not many have the gall to claim Geneva begged for their presence.? Geneva?s husband gave Dejah a twist of his lips. It was Dachien?s version of a smile. ?Who are they?? My jaw dropped when I read that Geneva had a husband. I never would have guessed, I don?t know why.

Next Chapter: In the Morning :eek: Oh my goodness! I cannot even allow myself to think about what that means, because if I do, I might just die of suspense.

I can?t wait till the next post!

17. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Okay, I just thought you'd like to know that I went back and reread the prologue to ItM, and this line slapped me in the face:

?Sanar has had too many choices made for her; if the Prophecy has its way, Sanar will just lose sight of the man in the Kavishka.??She will hate him, and she will be miserable. Is that your ?missing you? gift for your favourite daughter?? Wow. Devnos really is a prophet. Stupid prophecy. What really amazed me is the line about losing sight of the man--not only does it describe where Sanar was so perfectly, it also gives me goosebumps at how prophetic it is.

Yeah, that wasn't really contributing anything; I just thought I'd share.

That is all.

18. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    Lovely update, as usual! :D I love the way everything's moving along toward a grand finale. Can't wait for the next update. :)

19. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Jon: Good lord, but I feel sorry for Sanar there... *Kicks Prophecy with steel-toed boots*

Well, despite Prophecy, things turn up from here? I mean, on the K/S front :)

And so they've arrived, now. This fic's winding up...I am so gonna miss this when it ends, Erin.

Me too :eek: I'm currently in serious denial about how much longer I'll be writing this--which will probably be about ten chapters from where I'm at, because I take forever with the story's climax, but still--and expect myself to fall into hysterics when I finish the last chapter :S :p

Emerald_Lady: That is some hardcore Sanar angst!

Sanar/angst = otp :p But actually, knowing that the DG was actually Kyp for a while will make the situation a little better. Even if Daddy!guilt has now been fired up in her mind *sigh*

I like that her dream father is on her side one minute and against her the next; dreams never do follow logic well.

Thanks :D Sanar's guilt/love really mixed it all up in dream land.

I enjoyed Kyp's bemused reaction to her behavior. And the Miko/Krista flirting was cute, but poignant because of Braun's POV.

Oh, Braun. Braun, Braun, Braun. *loffs and hugs him* Poor guy. Um. I'm not finished with him yet? ...and that was not supposed to sound threatening :p

I can't believe this is getting so close to the end. The only bright side is the approach of what I hope are happy, mushy endings for K/S and J/Z.

[face_whistling] O:)!

JJD: The interaction with Jarran was fascinating?obviously, we don?t get to see that often, and it breaks my heart to see all that Sanar?s lost. She and Kyp have so much in common.

Thanks :D Daddy Klis always makes me go awww, because seriously, things would have been so very, very different for Sanar if Jarran had somehow lived. [but this idea will not be turned into an AU, nope. *is stern to muse*] Haha, and the K/S similarities...I got really bored or self-indulgent once, and wrote the rambling equivalent of a paper on the Kyp/Sanar Relationship, somewhere early in ItM. Because I'm silly, it was the first time it really struck me *how* close their backgrounds are, which made me happy :)

This line positively gave me goosebumps. It might be one of my favorites in the whole of the series.

Hee, thanks -- and good, because Sanar's going to hear it a couple times from now on. It always amuses me, though, how very far this trilogy has ended up from RotJ :p

It?s little touches like this?.I cannot tell you how much I adore the idea of Kyp?s smile being broken. You write him so well.

I'm glad you think so--lately I've been eyeing him more carefully, worried that I've been taking him too far from his canon origins :S

I nearly cried when I read this, I was so happy!

I think you *might* be happier next chapter [face_mischief] Well, possibly. If I wrote it right :p :D

Although, it does bring up my old question from forever and ever ago, which I thought I had settled in my own mind: if it really was Kyp for three years, why didn?t he have dreams of her? Or did he, and we just don?t know about it? Because the part where she comforts him for the first time makes me feel as though he should know about it?after all, he?s the one being comforted. I?m sure there?s a perfectly logical explanation to this that?s right in front of my face and I just don?t see it, but I still thought I?d ask.

Yes, this perfectly logical explanation that is Erin retconning her story? --no, I'm kidding. Mostly :p Obviously, parts of this seriously evolved beyond what I planned, so I haven't always reacted as quickly, or set things up as properly, as I now wish I had. As I figure this all out, however, I also decided not to over-explain this stuff on Kyp's side--there are many possible reasons he doesn't remember, or connect the dots, and I think some Kyp!backstory will be revealed in the climax, but even if it isn't, it's...well, frankly, Kyp is In Love with Sanar, and he has been for quite a while, both in dreams and i

20. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    I have nothing to say before posting this. I hope you guys like it :D

Chapter Thirty-Eight: In the Morning

Sanar couldn?t imagine that a standoff was the best way to win the support of Mujir?s Resistance. She could admit?since neither Kyp nor Geneva had submitted to speaking first yet?that Kyp had mostly behaved himself. But Sanar recognized in Geneva too much of what she had been to dismiss her concerns about Kyp?s unflinching demeanour. As hypocritical as it was for Sanar to think it, Kyp could get farther by at least pretending to give some early ground.

The room had been silent since Dejah introduced the group to Geneva Tal. Every one of them remained standing. Kyp and Geneva stood with two feet and a universe between them, staring each other down in a battle of wills. Sanar was tempted?original Dream Guy or no?to stomp on Kyp?s foot.

Durron?s foot, she reminded herself reflexively. Stangit, her head was starting to pound. Her nightmares?fake-Daddy lectures, over and over again, never mind the thousands of memories?hadn?t been kind. If her entire being hadn?t been a war zone, she might have asked Kyp about a trance. Unfortunately, she wasn?t sure she wanted to deal with Kyp Durron any more than Geneva did.

Dejah harrumphed quite pointedly in Kyp?s direction.

Kyp shot the fighter a look, but nodded. ?I?m not here to take over the Resistance,? he started bluntly. ?But I am not here to follow your every order, either.?

Dejah groaned. Geneva bared her teeth?Sanar thought the Resistance leader might have meant for it to be a smile. ?I will speak to the Kavishka and my long-dead predecessor?s daughter. Dejah may stay if she keeps quiet.?

Dejah waved each of the unnamed group members out of the room. ?Just wait outside,? she whispered to them.

?Why lead us in, in the first place?? Krista muttered. Miko hurried her out before any more of her comments could reach Geneva?s ears.

The door swung shut before Geneva spoke again. ?You have an interesting entourage, Kavishka.?

?Did you somehow magically profile each of them?? Kyp asked sarcastically.

?Did you?? Geneva raised an eyebrow. ?Magic is your ploy, is it not??

?I really don?t like the implications of the word ?magic,?? he replied evenly.

?What would you prefer? Am I supposed to believe you worship Mujir? Perhaps she left this planet for yours?? Geneva snorted. ?And don?t even start, Dejah.?

Dejah hadn?t moved. Sanar had been watching, expecting just what Geneva had.

?I serve the Force,? Kyp said, not acknowledging Geneva?s insult. ?And I recognize Prophecy when I see it.? He glanced at Sanar apologetically.

Geneva noticed. ?So, you?re the Klis girl.?

Sanar stepped forward. ?Sanar Klis.? She spoke firmly, and met Geneva?s eyes squarely?not too defiantly, but letting her father?s legacy shine. ?And yes, Jarran Klis was my father.?

(Kyp Durron killed me, and you fell in love with him.)

No.

Geneva?s lips twisted as if she had sucked something sour. It looked more honest than her earlier, ill-fated smile. ?Take a seat,? she ordered. She gestured to three chairs in front of her desk. Her eyes were fixed on Sanar.

When Kyp looked too ready to do just as Geneva said, Sanar interrupted his movement. She crossed in front of him, slowing his progress. She didn?t take the centre seat, which he had been aiming for; while exchanging a look with Dejah, however, Sanar took the seat to his right. Dejah nodded in approval?Sanar had managed to pick up on Geneva?s game. Kyp paused before following Geneva?s order; Sanar gave a sign of her support; and Geneva and Kyp sat down at the same time.

Sanar had always hated politics. Dejah had made sure to drill a few Geneva tactics into Sanar?s head before they left that evening. Geneva?s expression was impassive?better than some of the options.

?I assume Dejah has informed you of our plans for 777.?

?She told us a little,? Kyp agreed. ?You?re attacking on the anniversary.?

?An atta

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I was just about to go to bed when I saw the PM...

And I have a kriffin' kilometer-wide grin on my face while reading this... :D :D [face_dancing][:D]:D=D=

Okay, the first stuff, the meeting with Geneva was great. Loved Sanar's thoughts there and Geneva being snarky like that....

Oh, kriff it. Mel's not here-and dammit, I miss her, so I must do the squeeing for her.

SSSSSSSQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theykissedtheykissedtheykissedtheykissed!!!!!!! Erin, they kissed and he told Sanar he loves her and ohmygod they kissed and it was so well-written and wow!

How does she do that?

Anyway... Awesome post, as always! :D :D And... any chance of something for Fast as I Can coming soon? It's gotten quite a following these past few weeks. [face_batting] *Ducks Erin's wrath*

Gotta go! Thank you again for sharing such wonderful writing with us! [:D]

22. Mara_Jade_FSS

Mara_Jade_FSS Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2003
    ERINNNNNNNNNNNNN.

*cannot comment on overall story as is not a very diligent jc board reader*

HOWEVER.

:D!!!!!
    the scene = you told me, but seeing it written out = i could picture it in my head. ^__^ it was not awkward at all, even though i know you worry about writing love scenes awkwardly.

and when he said he loved her, she believed him :eek: *so proud of Sanar*

Also, I totally love when the title of the series/book/whatever is incorporated into the story =D it just makes the moment just that much more significant.

Right now, she could only think about the man she had loved for as long as she could remember.
    Haha Oh Sanar. So that's what you meant about the mushiness! :D

23. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    I haven't replied for a while, but TJF...wow.

That was absolutely amazing. And perfect. *sigh* Awesome.

Considering how long we've been waiting for those two to get it together, I'd say it was worth it, oh yes.

Thanks so much :D

More soon?

24. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    I just...

Well, there are no words.

25. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    ohmygosh, they kissed! There was epic!love kissing! :D I don't really even know what to say except that that was absolutely beautiful. It was perfect. [face_love] :_| [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.