main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Always III: In the Morning (drama, fantasy, romance) COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    :D :D :D

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY! :D

I almost cried! It was just so lovely! So absolutely lovely! I can't even type coherently after reading it! :D

K/S OTP! [face_love]

2. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Jon: And I have a kriffin' kilometer-wide grin on my face while reading this...

I'm glad :D Despite what you guys think, I *do* have a soft spot for my readers, you know ;)

Okay, the first stuff, the meeting with Geneva was great. Loved Sanar's thoughts there and Geneva being snarky like that....

Thanks :D The Geneva/Sanar stuff sort of wrote itself. Without informing me ahead of time. But at least I figured it out eventually? :p

Oh, kriff it. Mel's not here-and dammit, I miss her, so I must do the squeeing for her.
    SSSSSSSQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Theykissedtheykissedtheykissedtheykissed!!!!!!! Erin, they kissed and he told Sanar he loves her and ohmygod they kissed and it was so well-written and wow!

Yay, I'm glad it worked :D [face_blush] That scene has been in my head for...way, way, *way* too long :p Of course, I suppose I should warn you that it isn't...*quite* as clear cut as you might hope--not yet. But you'll see pretty quick [face_mischief]

And... any chance of something for Fast as I Can coming soon? It's gotten quite a following these past few weeks. batting *Ducks Erin's wrath*

A reply isn't "quite a following" :p But I posted a note in-thread about that, so. A while yet before any possible update there. Unless you'd rather I put *this* on hiatus while I finish up the other fic? [face_raise_brow]

y2: ERINNNNNNNNNNNNN.

HAAAAAAAY, TWIN.

*cannot comment on overall story as is not a very diligent jc board reader*

Haha, hence the repost. *Just* for you ;p

the scene = you told me, but seeing it written out = i could picture it in my head. ^__^ it was not awkward at all, even though i know you worry about writing love scenes awkwardly.

[face_laugh] Yes, me with the awkward and the romance and yeuck ;) :p I'm glad it worked for you, though :D The part I'm most worried about is actually in the next post, but we'll see :)

and when he said he loved her, she believed him shock *so proud of Sanar*

I know! :D My little Sanar is growing up [face_love] :p

Also, I totally love when the title of the series/book/whatever is incorporated into the story =D it just makes the moment just that much more significant.

Haha, thanks--I'm kind of fond of it myself, + I semi-named the fic after it, so.... :)

Haha Oh Sanar. So that's what you meant about the mushiness!

I *know*, the cheese, it kills. But it's not...quite so bad when it's literal and in context? Maybe? Or maybe this really is just cheese to appease the starved k/s otp'ers :p

JSD: I haven't replied for a while, but TJF...wow.
    That was absolutely amazing. And perfect. *sigh* Awesome.

Thank you so much :D I'm relieved it seems to have worked for people--I wrote it, then started wondering if anything could live up to your guys' hopes :eek: [face_blush] :p

Considering how long we've been waiting for those two to get it together, I'd say it was worth it, oh yes.

Lol, yes, you all have the patience of saints ;)

More soon?

Hopefully tonight, but sometime during this weekend, definitely :)

JJD: ...I hope that's really good? :confused: :)

Emerald_Lady: ohmygosh, they kissed! There was epic!love kissing!

Hehe, yes, there was :D [face_love] 'Bout time, hm?

grin I don't really even know what to say except that that was absolutely beautiful. It was perfect.

Thanks [face_blush]

joe: SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY! grin

Oh, goodness, I'm starting to feel *horrible*, guys, because it isn't *quite* over (though, obviously, in its something-that-sounds-more-optimistic-than-"death throes" :p).

I almost cried! It was just so lovely! So absolutely lovely! I can't even type coherently after reading it! grin

Thanks so much [face_blush]

K/S OTP!

*waves her own otp banner in agreement :)*

~TJF

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Well, this is a little late for an update, but I suppose you can all find it for a morning read? Otherwise, it's a tad shorter than usual, but hopefully the K/S scene makes up for it :p

------

Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Morning After

Lera?s eyes opened as she sat back in her chair. Long practice had her looking out the window rather than down at what she had written. She felt drained, furious, exhausted?but it was over.

Nichyn?s com-link beeped its task completion. She glanced down; her message was on its way to Sanar?s sister. Preparation time was over; now there was only the unbearable waiting. Her eyes burned with tears, and she rubbed them.

Over. It wasn?t fair. It wasn?t fair.

Stangit. Just?

Not. Fair.

Feeling blindly ahead of her, she found her datapad and stylus on her desk. Her hand moved almost jerkily across the writing screen, scrambling to find the right words. She had to hurry?filming today, and Jolesp would need to know about this change ASAP?

When she finished, Lera stared at the words before her. She had started this story with a happy ending in mind. She had refused to pander to Jolesp?s more depressing view of ?true art.? Apparently, her muse had changed its mind just before the scheduled holo-recording. Jolesp would be so pleased.

Lera stared at what Prophecy had wrought, and thought of Sanar and Nichyn and Devnos. She hoped it was worth it.

~*~*~

A harried looking Clayra approached Krista, Miko and Braun as they were finishing lunch in the mess hall. ?I am sorry for yesterday,? she said quickly. ?We were going to come, but they found out Gantik was back in the city. Rafintair demanded he come to Court. The emperor still hasn?t given up on making Gantik follow his father?s footsteps.?

Miko and Krista exchanged a look. ?Did he find out anything?? Krista asked. ?While he was with Rafintair??

?Oh, I am certain they told him something,? Clayra replied, sounding a touch defensive. ?They trust him, but it certainly is not his job to know anything more than the spies. He?s talking to one of Geneva?s strategy chiefs right now, just in case.?

?Sit while you wait,? Miko offered. ?What position do they want Gantik to take??

?Head Executioner.? Clayra shivered as she sat next to Braun. ?Like his father.?

Braun?s interest was peaked. ?And he hasn?t taken it yet??

Clayra shook her head with wide eyes. ?Of course not. He could not do anything to save the victims?he would only be killed by his replacement.?

?What if he wasn?t going to have a replacement?? Miko asked, catching onto Braun?s train of thought.

Clayra?s eyes flicked between them in confusion. ?I do not understand.?

?Pucijir?s Order is going to be overthrown in a few days,? Braun said, quite deliberately. ?If Gantik takes the role now, he could act without fear of repercussions.?

Clayra?s face whitened. ?Even if they do succeed, the mob might kill him.? Her voice rose slightly in pitch.

?The mob might kill who?? Gantik asked, coming up behind them in the mess hall.

Clayra shot to her feet. ?Nobody. They were just talking about what will?happen to the spies. After. If the mob does not know they are spies.?

Gantik frowned. ?Not really a dinner topic, even for foreigners.?

?Actually,? Krista said, ignoring Clayra, ?we were talking about you. And how you should see if the Head Executioner can mess up Rafintair?s plans even more.?

Gantik gave the blonde a long look before sighing. ?Geneva is ?suggesting? the same thing.? When Clayra gave a small, horrified cry, he shook his head warningly. ?Nothing is set in stone by any means, Clayra. We?ll talk about it later. But this would be my one chance.?

?Gantik??

?Not now,? he chided briskly. He gave the others a tight smile. ?I believe we have put off this tour for quite long enough.?

~*~*~

?Quatroc isn?t quite Afaloque in terms of resources, but its placement makes it one of the great Na?Lein trading ports.? Gantik nodded at a pa

4. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    Still loving all of these characters; I found Gantik and Clayra especially fascinating here because Gantik's a bad person but he's helping the good guys, and poor Clayra's just so scared of losing him. They're so complex and real; I'm always amazed by the way all of your OCs have their own traits and personalities and backgrounds. They're more three-dimensional than most canon characters. ;)

He kissed her. Deep, close, familiar and strange and knowing. ?I?ll find a way,? he mumbled against her lips when he should have been breathing. His hands came up to gently?so very, very gently, and this was completely new for her conscious state?frame her face. ?Sanar,? he murmured.
    She heard every letter and sound of her name, but the way he said it was so foreign, and the look in his eyes and the emotions in his touch made it sound like a different word altogether.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] I love it. It's perfect. :) Sanar deserves this after all she's been through.

Devnos gave up watching after the first kiss. His only hope now was that his message got through to Sanar and saved her.
    He refused to pray.

[face_worried] You're inherently evil, aren't you? Something horrible and evil is going to happen, isn't it? [face_worried]

Can't wait for the next update! :D

EDIT: First post? :confused: Wow. The procrastinator in me is horrified. :p

5. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I nearly hyperventilated when I saw that you'd posted! And yes, my last review was a very, very good thing.

So was this post!

I feel horrible that I'd nearly forgotten about Lera and Nichyn, but my heart went out to Lera all over again. I can't wait to find out what exactly her message said! I love the Miko and Krista interaction, as always, as well as the glimpse into life on NLY. And, of course, of course, the "morning after" was perfect--it can't all go smoothly; they are them, after all, so of course there are going to be a couple of bumps in the road. But it was lovely, really.

Hopefully I'll have a longer review soon, but for now, know that I absolutely loved this post!

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    *Jon retroactively banishes Devnos from ever contacting Lera*

... What? She doesn't deserve to be... used by him, her mind ruined by what will eventually happen.

*CLarya hates Lera. Jon hates Clarya!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] *

What the hell is the matter with her? Ooh, Force forbid Nichyn get some kriffin' friends and grow out of that backward, mysoginistic hunk of rock he comes from and evolve into a mature, not-chauvinistic young man. And in her idiocy... she's dooming the rebellion. I know it!

Sanar and Kyp was wonderful, par usual. [face_love] [face_love] Feel sorry for Sanar, though. Grr... DEVNOS, STOP PEEPING THERE, YOU PERVERT!!!!!!!!!!!! *Throttles the ghost*

Can't wait for more, Erin!

7. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    *squees* It's more K/S mush! :D [face_love] But I digress. ;)

I?ve seen Rafintair make a willing slave of an enemy just through a few glasses of it. They say it?s Pucijir?s quiet weapon.

*grimaces* Nice. Nothing like mind control to make an already despicable government even worse.

?So I get to break even more rules than the general heresy and treason on?you know?The Day?? Krista asked. She sounded happy for the first time since donning her veil that afternoon. ?Excellent.?

[face_laugh] Ah, Krista. I love her glee at getting to thumb her nose at the boys. ;)

When Sanar woke up, he was still there. For several heartbeats, she kept her eyes closed, waiting for the regret or shame to start. They didn?t come. Instead, she felt only a deep sense of?

(Always)

*sniffles* And you even worked the title in! The morning after is wonderfully written; I would think this would be a pretty delicate part to write, but you did a fantastic job. =D=

Oh. And awkward.

[face_laugh] But you write the awkwardness so well. ;)

?The dreams started the day my father died, when I was twelve. Nearly three years before Prophecy picked you as the next Kavishka for certain.?

HA! Take that, unfounded doubts! :D

She deflated, but remained sullen. He was ruining the afterglow.

[face_laugh] So Sanar. ;)

She heard every letter and sound of her name, but the way he said it was so foreign, and the look in his eyes and the emotions in his touch made it sound like a different word altogether.

I'm about to tear up here. :_| This makes my inner romantic melt.

Marvelous update! :D

8. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    I READ!! :eek: I DID I DID I DID!!! :D

?A search of his room revealed Mirese propaganda, revolutionary papers against the Emperor and yourself.? The man paused. ?And several brothels have claimed his financial patronage. Paid before he tithed.?
    Gaffil. Did. Not. Laugh. (That?s my girl.)
    He turned away, waving away the messenger. When the man was gone?well, Gaffil might have laughed a little before opening Isra?s folder. It was a brilliant example of Isra?s trickery, after all. He really couldn?t have picked a more fitting end himself for Sarex.
    After he read Isra?s letter, however, there wasn?t a hint of a smile on Gaffil Jir?s face.
    G, R is taking your quarters. No doubts that you are not returning. Real mission, poison, attack, I know not. Already subduing the servants, melting valuables. No decision yet about successor.
    R made deal with priests. E came today about my vows ceremony.
    I am of course a slave to the Jir dynasty?s will.
    Isra.
    That she had used her name was worrying enough. Initials could be denied, if only for a few moments. Isra had not given herself that back door.
    E came today about my vows ceremony.
    Isra was scared enough to let him know. Assassination attempts were nothing new to him, or even to her. She knew the risks as well as he did, and had never fretted over them. It was one of the reasons he had kept her for so long.
    She shouldn?t have written this letter, he thought viciously. If he survived?he would survive?then she would continue to work for him and the Resistance. If he died?
    She was only another spy, another strategy piece. What did he care about her?
    She should never have written this letter.

[face_love] I love Gaffil and Isra's relationship! I am now a faithful Kyp/Sanar, Miko/Krista, Lera/Nichyn, Gaffil/Isra, Zekk/Jaina, Perdita/Jag, Mel/Devnos shipper. With Kyp/Sanar, Miko/Kris, Dev/Mel and Gaffil/Isra being my favorites. THEY ARE CANNON COUPLES!! And they are so so so so cute! You can not deny! You mentioned AU G/I? Please be serious? I wish to see them grow! For they love each other!! Dara was a pill, but! Isra sneered at her! Isra was amazing! She is all sly angles and silent destruction and cunning manipulation!! SHE TOTALLY RULES!! She and Dejah are AMAZING. Seriously! Dejah lives up to her name, and she is just so much fun in general. Did I mention I love Dejah? I'm half hoping she'll hook up with Bruan--strictly as partners!!---in the end. You know, if he lives. if she lives. o.o I just like her personality! She seems like she would be a good fit for him. Particularly if it was just friends-who-will-grow-to-be-more-in-like-six-more-books.

-----

It was really just too much. Filling her cooking pot to the brim with cold, Sanar considered it for half a second. Clayra had once demanded that Sanar treat her more like Jaina. She would do this to the Jedi in a millisecond.

Without further hesitation, she overturned the water on Clayra?s head, and drenched her completely in the icy water.

BOO-YAH!!! [face_devil] Take THAT, Clayra! Evil pathetic whimpy witch. :mad: You can't be like Jaina if you had a friggin lobotomy....

------

Lera hadn?t taken a moment to get to her desk. Spreading the notebook across her knees?were they getting thinner??she wrote furiously, nearly tearing into the paper. Still muttering, but incoherent.

Nichyn stared. Her stylus was clutched tightly in her left hand.

He thought of the thousands of times he had watched her write. He thought of his sketches of her?dreamy and pensive, strange and new, lovely. Even at her most inspired, soft?not weak. Stylus held properly in her right hand, not tight enough to cramp her fingers.

He watched Lera.

When she stopped writing, and started crying, he reached up. Took the flimsi?threw, he threw the cursed sheets away?and pulled her to him.

When she finally came back to him, his shirt was wet from her tears. Nichyn held her tighter.

:_| Nichyn? You're a gentleman. And I can totally picture Javier doing this. :( WOE!

9. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    joe: Still loving all of these characters; I found Gantik and Clayra especially fascinating here because Gantik's a bad person but he's helping the good guys, and poor Clayra's just so scared of losing him. They're so complex and real; I'm always amazed by the way all of your OCs have their own traits and personalities and backgrounds. They're more three-dimensional than most canon characters.

Thank you [face_blush] I'm glad they're all working out for you--particularly Clayra and Gantik, because it's very hard to like anything about them (or at least that's what I find) :p

worried You're inherently evil, aren't you? Something horrible and evil is going to happen, isn't it?

Someone would think you don't trust me! :eek: [face_mischief] No matter how things seem to come together, none of it is over until the fat lady sings--in the last scene. In the reformed (*really* O:)) queen of angst you trust? ;)

EDIT: First post? confused Wow. The procrastinator in me is horrified.

[face_laugh]

JJD: I nearly hyperventilated when I saw that you'd posted! And yes, my last review was a very, very good thing.

Hehe, thanks :D

I feel horrible that I'd nearly forgotten about Lera and Nichyn, but my heart went out to Lera all over again.

It has been a bit since we've seen them, especially with the breaks between chapters--they'll be around pretty consistently from now on, with the climax :)

I can't wait to find out what exactly her message said!

[face_laugh] Unfortunately, you won't find out for a while, because...well, that would spoil a major part of the climax, and what exactly happened, so obviously *that's* out ;) But you'll find out what happens to Sanar soon enough [face_devil]

I love the Miko and Krista interaction, as always, as well as the glimpse into life on NLY.

Thanks--I was worried it would be too clunky, though of course it's kind of hard to go wrong with Miko/Krista :p

And, of course, of course, the "morning after" was perfect--it can't all go smoothly; they are them, after all, so of course there are going to be a couple of bumps in the road. But it was lovely, really.

I'm glad you enjoyed it [face_blush] Hopefully you'll remember this in the next chapter, when things really don't go smoothly? O:) :p

Hopefully I'll have a longer review soon, but for now, know that I absolutely loved this post!

Merci beaucoup :D

Jon: *Jon retroactively banishes Devnos from ever contacting Lera*
    ... What? She doesn't deserve to be... used by him, her mind ruined by what will eventually happen.

*sighs* Okay, just...think of the consequences? Sanar/unknown fate worse than death? And she *did* give her fullhearted consent. As for the consequences--well, not everything is exactly as it seems ;)

*CLarya hates Lera. Jon hates Clarya!!!! angry angry angry skull skull skull *

[face_laugh] Clayra is not a very likable character :p I may *actually* have to write a series of drabbles called "777 Ways Clayra Can Die," and open it to all of you guys for catharticism :p

What the hell is the matter with her? Ooh, Force forbid Nichyn get some kriffin' friends and grow out of that backward, mysoginistic hunk of rock he comes from and evolve into a mature, not-chauvinistic young man.

The only way I can even *try* just half-justify Clayra's reactions here is that...Nichyn is the only thing in her life that is solely "hers." Everything else--her husband, her position in life, her survival, etc--really belong to someone else (mostly Sanar :p). It nearly killed her to send Nichyn away, but she's always soothed her grief by telling herself that he'll come back. Until he got tied up with the khalen girl, and she started wondering if maybe she'll never see him again. She's completely off target, and completely ridiculous, and completely *Clayra*, of course, but that's where she stands. Lera is going to have a horrible time with her in-laws :oops:

Sanar and Kyp was wonderful, par usual. love love Feel sorry for Sanar, though.

10. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    You're really not reassuring me here. [face_plain] (do you have a bio file for Clyara? I want to write her. [face_frustrated])

11. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Aww, sorry, Mel. How about if I promise that things are not *quite* what you guys might expect, and I really do love these characters even more than you guys do?

A bio file for Clayra...*thinks* Not really. She evolved quite differently from how I expected, after all, and she's fairly clear in my head, since she's (unfortunately) always around somewhere. What do you need to know?

~TJF

12. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Chapter Forty: Going for Broke

The newer spy was punctual, which Isra liked. It gave this horrible, dangerous meeting a little less room for disaster. Isra heard the other woman coming, too, but only because she was expecting her. Otherwise, the approach was unobtrusive, peripheral?normal and expected sounds of a palace. This spy was only an observer, a normal woman?just as Isra had expected.

And this one hadn?t been sent to kill Isra, either. She had to be more sensible than Dara.

Isra waited until the door had closed behind the woman before she raised her eyes. This room had been one of Alon?s secret tryst rooms until, Isra assumed, his lover had complained of the cramped quarters?before Alon, it had been a storage closet. Alon had bowed to his lover?s pleas, but Isra found it quite useful. Everyone knew better than to snoop in this part of the palace.

If the new woman had a problem with the cramped room, she didn?t show it. Isra swept a critical eye over Geneva?s new spy. She was tall, dark-haired, and hardened. Isra could respect that.

?You weren?t followed?? Isra checked.

The other woman shook her head. ?No. I pulled every trick I know.?

?Do you know many of these tricks?? Isra asked tartly. She tightened her stone-coloured scarf, thinking of the person who had taught her every trick.

?I wasn?t followed.? The woman?s voice was firm. Not sharp, though?Isra might have to modify her description of ?hardened,? whatever the eyes and stance said.

?Fine.? Isra paused for a moment, then launched into a brief explanation. ?I can never slip away for long, but it?s better that I?m missing and in the castle, than missing and outside the Holy City. Even if something important comes across my path. That?s why you have another place to be today.? Isra smiled thinly. ?Mujir willing, I won?t take up too much of your time after this week, but until then, you will be busy.? She would be seeing a lot of this one; Isra really ought to learn the other woman?s name. They were all going for broke, anyway.

?What do you need me to do??

Isra thought of the gift Gaffil had given her before his death, and she smiled. ?I have some presents for our shared mother. We ran out of time when last we spoke.?

~*~*~

Dejah looked up and blinked, surprised by the unfamiliar face. ?I don?t know you.?

The other woman sat across from Dejah at the briefing table. She looked tired. ?No, we have not met before.?

?I suppose it doesn?t benefit the Resistance to have recognizable spies,? Dejah acknowledged, regaining control. ?I am Dejah Salin. If you want to stay on our leader?s good side, you will profess to find me a religious fool after this. Until then, no one else with the proper clearance level can be spared to brief you.?

A frown. ?My information is quite important.?

?You?re new. The information will be passed along, I assure you, whatever my relationship with our great leader. But we would rather your intel be spread more quickly than with more attention to your ego.?

?I want Rafintair and Pucijir?s Order destroyed as much as any of you.? The dark eyes were clear, but Dejah recognized tragedy?a fresh one?in this sister-fighter?s eyes.

?What did your primary contact tell you?? Dejah took out her stylus and held it over her few sheets of paper.

?It turns out Gaffil wanted his half-brother dead as much as we do.?

Dejah raised an eyebrow. ?Oh??

The spy smiled, her eyes dancing with suppressed glee. ?He left our contact a copy of a key?to the Holy of Holies chamber.?

?He?what?? Dejah?s eyes were wide, disbelieving. ?To the chamber itself? I didn?t think there were any copies. That was the point.?

But the spy wasn?t finished. ?And Rafintair is planning to be in the chamber for the entire night of 777?with no contact with his outside troops.?

?Thinking, of course, that he is safe.? Dejah felt hope push out against her rib cage, making it hard to breathe. ?Mujir, we would be unlucky if he had [

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Gyah! Looks like the spy brought just the right info at the right time... if we can trust her, that is.[face_thinking] And loved Sanar and Kyp, too. *Smacks Clayra with a rolled-up newspaper* Gyah, Lera is risking her sanity for you, you kriffing niftyax! And the sacrifice-ending for the movie... *Sigh*

But Lera and Nichyn was so cute, there! [face_love] The knight, protecting the lady. What a guy. :D

14. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    . . . . . she's STILL ALIVE?!?!!? :eek: BRAUN'S WIFE IS ALIVE?!?!? .. this is why there is no Braun/Dejah. :D I forgive you. But I still th ink that Bruan/Dejah would be so so cute!!

Alright young lady. What was in that message? I'm paranoid! But Nichyn is protective, so, YAY! But! The message! And Clyara is a... a.... *shifty eyes* yeah. That. I can't say it on these boards, dangit! But she iiis!

Isra made me laugh when she was meeting... whoever Braun's wife was. Just her whole mental analysis.

" And this one hadn?t been sent to kill Isra, either. She had to be more sensible than Dara. "

[face_laugh] Heeeee. I am happy. HAPPY!! I liked this chapter! Even though... i am SO confused about what's happening to Sanar.

MEL: YOU DID, YAY grin dancing

YES!! I DID!!

Isra and Gaffil are wicked awesome to write grin

So that means we'll get an AU ficlet where they are allowed to admit their deep abiding love for each other, right? [face_batting]

*snort* There's just so many of them. For someone who doesn't like writing romance/mush, I'm really kind of screwed. and possibly self-destructive tongue I'm glad they're all working for you, though happy

:eek:! YOU ADMIT THAT THEY'RE CANON!?!? YEEEES!!! :D *happy dance* *DANCE!!* I wiiin! :D And yes, you are screwed. But he's so perfect! [face_love]

I've promised to focus almost entirely on my original fic after this, but it's...possible that they could work into one of my stories; we'll have to see. And I might write series of vignettes for them happy In any case, they would be...*really* not puppies and truw loff and all that. Which just makes me want to write them more, darnit doh! :p

Yes, yes, yes, yes. I know. But I am confident that Isra will... change... your mind. [face_devil] She and Gaffil are teh awesome. Particularly without the truw loff stuff--but really, the definition of love isn't feeling, but your actions, so, honestly? She and he have truw loff. Just not Hollywood!TruwLoff.

Isra and Dejah are two of my very favourite new characters in this fic

Mmmmh. Yes. May I play with them too? I just want their general physical descriptions and current ages. (and Clayra's full info!)

Well, although I've always wanted Braun and Dejah to have a friendship, they won't end up together. They probably would fit well, but there's only really one Na'Lein woman for Braun. That said, I *do* have someone in mind for Braun. And she's showing up very, very soon

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you shifty minx. :p I see her.

Hehe, that chapter was very cathartic. For a while. It was a *little* harder to want to kill Clayra every two seconds with the drowned-rat image in my head. And someday I am going to have to put Jaina, Sanar and Clayra in the same room, just to break Clayra's head

Really? The drowned-rat image just made me want to go get rat poison. [face_mischief] I VOLUNTEER TO DO THAT!! :D Well.. once I get Clyara anyways... Better throw in Zekk to for good measure. I mean, he's super protective, right? [face_plain] Well, when that bitch Perdita isn't around. :mad:

Well, it's Lera/Nichyn, and they might have been able to be just their typical sweet about this, but...really, I couldn't help myself

Plus, it was just a beautiful line?

*snort* I'm just trying to imagine what Isra or Gaffil would do if the other professed to love them. It's not quite true love that ties them (though any other explanation is even further off)

Hehehehe! You should write it! :eek: It could be totally cracked! Like, maybe Gaffil had had too much Holy Water or something!

...I know how to do none of it :p I'll keep it in mind, though

Yeeees. Karate is good for understanding fighting sequences. :p

*forwards this message to Miko in one of the upcoming scenes*

. . . . . why does my blood run cold? :( Whyyyy?

Yeah, it isn't pretty

it's MEAN [face_frustrated]

Geneva...has a very difficult job at a *very* crucial point in time. She's much more supposed to be a character you can respect as far as

15. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    Braun's wife is alive?! That's going to be one heck of a reunion. :D [face_love]

*sighs* Sanar is soooo stubborn, and not always in a good way. I eagerly await the coming end of her guilt. And perhaps some J/Z resolution thrown in for good measure. [face_praying] [face_batting]

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Hopefully doing i.r.'s soon :)

bump^

~TJF

17. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    Awesome update, as always, but it raises more questions than it answers. :p So the spy is Braun's wife, back from the dead? [face_thinking] And poor Sanar is still in denial. :( And what did Lera tell Sanar? Can't wait to find out. :)

18. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    I feel horrible that it took me this long to update, but things sort of blew up in my face recently.

Anyways, I feel redundant telling you "awesome update" every post, but it's always true, so I guess I'll keep saying it.

The spy is interesting; I hope we learn more about her. And her information...well, it's great news, but doesn't it seem a little too convenient? I'm sure you'll find a way to throw a wrench into things before we see the end, but still. And have I mentioned that I love reading Dejah?

Sanar would try to mess things up with Kyp immmediately. She just would. So I wasn't surprised, because it was so totally in character. But seriously, girl.

I always find Clayra/Gantik/Sanar/Kyp so great--so much fun to read! Even if you are absolutely evil taunting us with Lera's message without actually letting us know what it says.

And Lera and Nichyn were absolutely adorable as usual; I adore their interaction. I think my favorite part was the bit about always saying the right thing and the way he would sound in his own language. Love it.

I knew Sanar would hear the Strings before long! Knew it! Can't wait to hear more!

So yeah, fantastic update!

19. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Jon: Gyah! Looks like the spy brought just the right info at the right time... if we can trust her, that is. thinking

lol! No, she's trustworthy. So is Isra. As for the info...you'l just have the wait and see. It *was* Gaffil's plan/ideas, after all.

*Smacks Clayra with a rolled-up newspaper* Gyah, Lera is risking her sanity for you, you kriffing niftyax!

*sigh* Clayra is...complicated. And so is the eventual Clayra/Lera relationship :p

But Lera and Nichyn was so cute, there! love The knight, protecting the lady. What a guy.

Lera and Nichyn are made of cute made of fluffy animals made of sugar and happy thoughts [face_love] :p

Mel: . . . . . she's STILL ALIVE?!?!!? shock BRAUN'S WIFE IS ALIVE?!?!?

!!!! and YES SHE IS :D

.. this is why there is no Braun/Dejah. grin I forgive you. But I still th ink that Bruan/Dejah would be so so cute!!

Braun/Dejah could totally happen, yes--but not in this universe. Not while Braun and Veras are both alive and able to find each other :)

Alright young lady. What was in that message? I'm paranoid!

*snicker* Sorry, but you won't find out for a while [face_mischief]

Isra made me laugh when she was meeting... whoever Braun's wife was. Just her whole mental analysis.

Veras = Braun's wife :)

laugh Heeeee. I am happy. HAPPY!! I liked this chapter! Even though... i am SO confused about what's happening to Sanar.

Well, at least I haven't given it all away....of course, I probably appreciate that more than you guys, but an explanation's coming! really! eventually ;p

So that means we'll get an AU ficlet where they are allowed to admit their deep abiding love for each other, right?

deep abiding love...*snerk* um. probably not. they're way too complicated and sociopathic to admit their love. but, you know, if I write something about them--there will be obvious I/G.

YOU ADMIT THAT THEY'RE CANON!?!? YEEEES!!! grin *happy dance* *DANCE!!* I wiiin! grin And yes, you are screwed. But he's so perfect!

LOL. I actually have an explanation for canon-following!K/S, so...it depends on your pov ;)

But I am confident that Isra will... change... your mind. devil She and Gaffil are teh awesome. Particularly without the truw loff stuff--but really, the definition of love isn't feeling, but your actions, so, honestly? She and he have truw loff. Just not Hollywood!TruwLoff.

[face_laugh] Definitely not Hollywood!TruwLoff. But it works for them :cool:

Mmmmh. Yes. May I play with them too? I just want their general physical descriptions and current ages. (and Clayra's full info!)

Ah, okay. Um...I'm working the next few days, but I'll make a mental note :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you shifty minx. tongue I see her.

I *knew* I was being too obvious :p [face_mischief]

Really? The drowned-rat image just made me want to go get rat poison. mischief I VOLUNTEER TO DO THAT!! grin Well.. once I get Clyara anyways... Better throw in Zekk to for good measure. I mean, he's super protective, right? plain Well, when that *itch Perdita isn't around.

lol. Seriously. "777 Ways to Kill Clayra Klis-Whilem." I should totally start it on my lj, and just let people go with it :p

Hehehehe! You should write it! shock It could be totally cracked! Like, maybe Gaffil had had too much Holy Water or something!

*snort* You mean, Rafintair spiked the punch, and Isra interrupted them, so Gaffil went all absolute!loyalty!love? [face_laugh]

Yeeees. Karate is good for understanding fighting sequences.

*sigh* I should really take some kind of self-defence class. Because...I am weak. And it would be good for my writing. But I *can't* physically hurt someone, even if they're being mean, even if it's just practice, without feeling awful and apologizing a million times and possibly running away to cry *is pathetic*

. . . . . why does my blood run cold? sad Whyyyy?

O:)

No, I think she's just mean. And I want her kicked out. But I like this new woma

20. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    But, um, I was sick and got a job? Do either of those count as semi-reasonable excuses? I?d say they?re very legitimate. Real life, and all that.

Kyp could deal with Geneva and Rafintair and the Sildar, or he could deal with Sanar Klis. [face_laugh] Oh, it?s so true! Sanar is that much of a handful. Great line!

Miko and Krista need to quit being so absolutely adorable. Seriously. It?s going to kill me when one of them dies! *wails*

And Braun, well, he still breaks my heart. So does Lera and the whole Devnos thing, for that matter. And Gantik and Clayra?they?re so complicated that I just don?t know what to say.

When everything fell silent, Sanar Klis remembered how she had fallen for this man. She remembered?all too well. And now really wasn?t the time for her growth as a person. Sanar really needs to quit cracking me up. I adore that last line.

?We have two lightsabers, and Prophecy. Otherwise, it?s anybody?s game.? *shivers* What a way to sum it up.

Kissed him with none of her learned finesse, just with need and love and sorry and opening herself wide open until he began to understand, and then he chased into her, and he was everywhere, filling all the holes in her tattered being and she could only throw all of herself into returning the favour. [face_love] *sigh*

Of course, there they were, the triumvirate?Prophecy, Daddy/guilt, and Void?but damnit, she was doing this right, now, so she just kissed him harder until the last wall crumbled and all she could think was Kyp and finally, love, and it was time to move the kriff on. Love it, love it, love it.

Love. She was in love, and damn it if she was messing this up again. That?s my girl!

Isra and Gaffil would make sure of it. I love those two so much!

?Well, yeah.?

He blinked at her. ?But?really??

They kill me with their cuteness and their stubbornness and their sexiness and just?everything!

Veras Yd,? she murmured, stunned. ?Who? Veras!? she called over the crowd. ?Veras! Wait! Braun is?? But Veras was long gone, swallowed by the crowd of fighters heading to war. ?Larifx.? Mujir, Veras Yd?alive, through all her husband?s grieving; in the same predicament as Braun, even, calling herself a regretful widow and spy? But how? How could both have been so completely fooled? :eek: I?d suspected but I?d hardly dared to hope! [face_dancing] YAY! Now if they can only make it through the battle.

As Mujir?s Resistance went to war, they donned their veils for the last time.

The Resistance went through the anniversary crowds, gaining momentum with each moment.

And Prophecy began.
    *goosebumps all over* Gah. You?re killing me.

I love it.

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Very legit reasons, Erin! I hope you're feeling better.[:D]

Anyway... that post was tenseness defined! Oh, wow. Such lovely cuts and moments and wow. Erin, I must say... I really needed to read something of yours. :)

And... a small request. Any chance we could have a short scene where Tenel Ka fnds jacen alive and they declare their love for each other? Please???[face_praying] It's just... *Sigh* the EU. You know?

22. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Hi! I have finally fully put this story together after probably more than a year of reading it [and the two before it] at late hours on FF.net and then finally yesterday, realizing it's been sitting here at these boards for years. so I am a sorta lurker.

I'll be following regularly from now on. For some strange reason I thought the story was J/J (completely based on the title). I have no idea why. I love Kyp/OC stories! The fantasy element here of this culture that Kyp has been choosen to help is really cool. Having Miko in the story is a wonderful addition also!

Here are some recent quotes and my thoughts:

Kyp was sprawled next to her on the small bed, ruffled dark-and-silver hair and tender green-brown eyes. His mouth was swollen from her kisses?she decided she liked the look on him

This one lingered in my mind.....ummmmm.....:p

?Sanar!? Durron sounded angry and?hurt, she realized with a twinge of messy guilt. She had kissed him and brushed him off. Had she thought about any of this ahead of time, she wouldn?t have expected anything less. But part of her had thought?hoped??that he would back off, recognizing how wrong this all was.

Already, this morning?s careless kisses and soft words seemed years away. She never should have started it, not when she couldn?t end it.

This worried me, but it was good to see she came around.

But she was Sanar Klis, so she kissed him first. Kissed him with none of her learned finesse, just with need and love and sorry and opening herself wide open until he began to understand, and then he chased into her, and he was everywhere, filling all the holes in her tattered being and she could only throw all of herself into returning the favour.

Of course, there they were, the triumvirate?Prophecy, Daddy/guilt, and Void?but damnit, she was doing this right, now, so she just kissed him harder until the last wall crumbled and all she could think was Kyp and finally, love, and it was time to move the kriff on.

I just loved this! [face_love] It's very romantic. I love how she let all her barriers down...just in time for 777. Please tell me she really loves him and isn't playing a game?

And one last quote:

Miko claimed that they had been sparring in preparation for the attack. ?Yeah, there?s a lot of that going on,? Dejah muttered in response

[face_laugh] Very funny..."sparring". Yep, sure that's what they were doing. I love the Krista/Miko 'ship.

Well, i'll be looking forward to more. Hopefully soon! :D

23. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    Geneva was probably expecting him to meet with her or Cerile to fine tune the attack on Rafintair.

Kyp left to find Sanar.

I love Kyp. [face_love]

Miko lay on his side of the bed, a perfect gentlemanlike distance from her?except between their left hands, which were loosely entwined.

This turned me into a great big pile of mush. Miko is so sweet.

?it would just have to be her?no matter what Sanar had said.

Poor kid, she's really grown up. She does love him.

He pulled her closer, and she smiled and wrapped an arm around him and he was so alive she could feel her heart constricting but she didn?t run.

AAAAAAH! Please don't kill Miko (or Krista)...:_|

Love you, Veras. Love you, love you love you loveyouloveyouloveyoulove?

I?ll make them pay.

Braun/Veras is also fabulous. :D I swear, you have more great 'ships in one fic than the whole of profic can boast.

It really was amazing, the fighter considered, that Sanar could be so devoted to making things better for Durron, and yet still avoid him so zealously.

*snicker* [face_mischief]

But she was Sanar Klis, so she kissed him first. Kissed him with none of her learned finesse, just with need and love and sorry and opening herself wide open until he began to understand, and then he chased into her, and he was everywhere, filling all the holes in her tattered being and she could only throw all of herself into returning the favour.

[face_laugh] What a fantastic opening line. :D And I must say, the mush was lovely. :)

Krista and Miko were comparatively late in showing up to the weaponry room. Miko claimed that they had been sparring in preparation for the attack. ?Yeah, there?s a lot of that going on,? Dejah muttered in resposne.

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

?Don?t get yourself killed!? You or your wife. Larifx, the two of you really are a pair.

Yeah, don't get yourselves killed. [face_worried]

This was a fabulous post. I love the way you flashed to each of the characters to show their mindset before the big battle. It creates such a sense of drama and foreboding. :D

24. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    My job this summer is less creatively draining than last years, but it's so far determined to gobble up all my time [face_plain] So...I'm still writing steadily(-ish), but it'll be slightly slower than it was. Better than it sometimes (or...often :p) is, though [face_blush]

bump^'ing until the next post :)

~TJF

25. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    Awesome post! Wow. Very intense. Veras is alive! [face_dancing] And Sanar and Kyp make me *squee*!!! [face_love] And I love all of your characters, so I'm pretty sure I'll be devastated when one of them (or more) dies. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.