main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Always III: In the Morning (drama, fantasy, romance) COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    First of all, love the Fitzgerald quote. I've always been a fan of that one.

I'm at a loss for words. Seriously. Every time I think this can't get more emotional or beautiful or lyrical or heartbreaking or true, you make it a little more so. That was gorgeous and awful and terrifying and wonderful...

Just wow.

Only two lines this time because I'm rather emotionally exhausted.

He tried, so very hard, not to make excuses, or to change ?inevitable? to ?probable.? It didn?t work. Kyp had always been a sucker for hope. Oh, Kyp. Yes, exactly.

And her eyes. Wild, unseeing, gone, they had?

They had been bleeding.
    Did Lera absorb Sanar's punishment from the Sildar? Or is she just that closely attached to the Prophecy now? Either way, what a beautiful, selfless spirit in this girl.

And Jaina!

And Krista being more Krista than she ever has been.

And Sanar. Oh, Sanar.

I just...I can't think of anything to say.

2. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Oh no...[face_worried] This keeps getting scarier. If Sanar's still alive, does that mean Lera took her punishment somehow? And what happened with Jaina and Zekk? :( I hope things turn out all right in the end...[face_praying]

3. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    OMG.

Just.

Wow.

:eek:

I'm totally incoherent right now. Awesome, awesome updates. Wish I could think of something more to say, but I can't.

WOW.

=D=

4. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Holy mother.

That was amazing!

But Miko and Kris....nooo!

And Sanar was awesome!

(Why the exclamation marks!)

-JSD

5. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Jon: First off, that was... man... it was like how some people see Traitor, one of the best things I've ever read. Erin... wow.

[face_blush] Thanks [face_blush]

Okay, Jaina broke off her engagement with Zekk? Why???

That...is somewhat explained in this next chapter, and variously until the end.

And her and Sanar and the Sildar... and Lera???? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O:)

Krista's not dead. She can't be dead...

Krista isn't dead. Yet?

Anfd Sanar's all right, right? *Wibbles*

....yeah, I'm not saying *anything.*

obiwan: This story is so unique and wonderful (even when it is sad).

I just love how romantic Kyp and Sanar are now. They are truly fulfilling the prophesy to love each other. sadly, I'm not sure if it'll last. So many of your characters are on borrowed time and borrowed lives: think of it: Kyp in the clone body, Jaina resurrected by Sanar, Sanar at the Sildar's whim, Lera bonded to Sanar, etc....

I hadn't thought of them all like that--on borrowed time/lives. But it certainly does seem that everyone's hitting that deadline.

This could still end tragically (but romantically at least) I am thinking of the movie Tristan and Isolode...tragic but romantic end. cry love

Oh, goodness, the Tristan & Isolde tragedy. That...might not be so far off [face_worried] But hopefully without the suicide, etc?

Are Krista and Miko still hanging on?

Krista...is alive. All other bets are off.

What will happen with Jaina and Zekk?

O:)

And what of Devnos and his prophesy? So many things are unanswered still.

Prophecy questions will be answered over the next couple of chapters--ItM is wrapping up *really* quickly now.

I just love this!!!!! grin Thank you! applause

I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

JJD: First of all, love the Fitzgerald quote. I've always been a fan of that one.

Hee, thanks -- I'm rather fond of it, myself.

I'm at a loss for words. Seriously. Every time I think this can't get more emotional or beautiful or lyrical or heartbreaking or true, you make it a little more so. That was gorgeous and awful and terrifying and wonderful...
    Just wow.

[face_blush] :D [face_blush]

Did Lera absorb Sanar's punishment from the Sildar? Or is she just that closely attached to the Prophecy now?

You are just...so close, and so not, about your theories. It's really quite interesting. You're definitely closer than I expected, but.

Either way, what a beautiful, selfless spirit in this girl.

I'm afraid Lera is really not out for her best interests :p

Emerald_Lady: This keeps getting scarier. If Sanar's still alive, does that mean Lera took her punishment somehow?

Weeelll.... answers are coming. Definite answers are only definitely given by the end chapter, though. Um, four chapters left? [face_mischief]

And what happened with Jaina and Zekk? sad I hope things turn out all right in the end...

[face_whistling]

joe: OMG.
    Just.
    Wow.

*blushes* thanks

I'm totally incoherent right now. Awesome, awesome updates. Wish I could think of something more to say, but I can't.
    WOW.

Well, as long as you're enjoying it ;D

JSD: But Miko and Kris....nooo!

Yeah, answers forthcoming [face_mischief]

And Sanar was awesome!

She likes to stumble across that without realizing it, doesn't she? ;)

Really sorry about the wait--this chapter decided to hate my guts, I'm afraid. I also got my wisdom teeth pulled. So. You know. The chapter after this, however, is already written, since it was originally before this one, planning-wise. So yay, for no huge wait? :)

x-x-x-x

Chapter Forty-Six: Vengeance?s Compensation

They took Miko from her. Krista woke up for that part. After a few croaks and grunts, she even managed to speak. ?No. Don??? She took a deep lungful of air. ?Don?t take??

One blurry shape stayed to work on Miko. Far away c

6. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    As always: fabulous!!!!!!=D=

Loved your Kyp the healer!!!! He's got it in him. I also loved how you right him so filled with hope and love for Sanar.

I get the feeling Lura and Krista will be fine, but I'm not so sure about Miko and Jaina.

I thought for sure you killed killed kiled Sanar! :eek: Now I'm really confused!!!! What did the Sildar do????????? Please let Kyp have happiness in his life. He fought so hard for these women (which was an awesome premise in itself. He deserves a reward.

I'm stil wondering how it will all wrap up! But I'm also so glad they won!!!! =D=

7. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    EEEEEEEE YOU UPDATED.

OH DEAR FORCE.

You are an evil woman.

Oh, Sanar...

And Lera! Man, that *hurt*.

This was awesome. Thank you!

8. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    Well, Miko's still alive...if only he can stay that way. [face_praying]

I don't know what to say about the J/Z stuff. I'm so upset. [face_worried] I just can't see Zekk doing that, ever, so I keep hoping for some sort of vindication. :(

And Sanar...man. I keep hoping there too. If she really is like that now, that's a fate worse than death. :_|

Powerful as always. [face_hypnotized]

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Okay...

What the heck?

Zekk cheated on Jaina??? Erin... why? It's just... I don't see a need for them to go through something like that.

This was an awesome post, yes, but that bit...

Well, anyway, I hope Miko makes it. And Sanar... has gone loopy and is dead and not dead and... *Head asplodey*

10. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    I'm so dreadfully sorry it's taken me this long to review. Life and school has been a little crazy.

Anyways:

In the morning, gods?if this one thing, just this one thing in his life could work out?

Kyp Durron still found himself clinging to hope, even after all these years.
    That line? Heartbreaking. And oh so Kyp.

I really liked seeing Dejah's compassionate side through her interaction with Krista. Even if I think she was wrong to tell Krista that Miko isn't dead. (Miko! :_| I miss you!)

Something horrible had happened to Sanar, apparently severing her bond to Jaina in the process. Death was finally calling to the girl who had cheated It. Oh. Oh. I wasn't expecting that.

The italicized Jaina part was gorgeous and heartbreaking and I love it.

Miko wasn?t dead yet. Oh my! [face_shocked] So Dejah wasn't lying! I wasn't expecting that, either.

Nichyn wanted nothing more than to have Lera curled up next to him, busily writing with her right hand. She wouldn?t even have to look up and smile at him; the warmth at his side would more than suffice. That's just like the sweetest thing in the world. I love him.

SomeThing or SomeOne was giving Kyp a little more of what he wanted, at least with Miko. Oh....I just want to cry some more.

SANAR! (But that part was written so beautifully)

The hair, eyes, mouth, shape were all the woman he loved, but this?this was not Sanar. Vengeance had taken its compensation. This whole scene? One of the most disturbing things I've ever read. I wasn't not expecting this, either.

I have no real idea what's going on, but it's scaring me to death. I can only hope everything's put to rights before the end.

Brilliant post.

11. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    obiwan: As always: fabulous!!!!!! applause

Loved your Kyp the healer!!!! He's got it in him. I also loved how you right him so filled with hope and love for Sanar.

Oh, Kyp. That boy is going to break my heart. He really is. He just can't seem to find the easy path.

I get the feeling Lura and Krista will be fine, but I'm not so sure about Miko and Jaina.

Well, Lera has been 'writing' ItM, so she definitely is fine. And Krista...will survive her wounds, which were more serious because of the nasty concussion she kept aggravating than because of anything blood-related. As for Miko and Jaina, though--even if they do survive, Jaina, at least, will never be the same. Again. [face_plain]

I thought for sure you killed killed kiled Sanar! shock Now I'm really confused!!!! What did the Sildar do?

Sanar...you're going to find out what happened to Sanar very soon. Lera gets one last flash-forward scene, and then Jaina shows up on NLY in the (now complete, if untyped/unedited) chapter after that.

I'm stil wondering how it will all wrap up! But I'm also so glad they won!!!!

Answers to everything coming soon [face_mischief]

JSD: You are an evil woman.

I'll take that as a compliment [face_devil]

Oh, Sanar...
    And Lera! Man, that *hurt*.

ItM: in which everyone gets hurt :(

This was awesome. Thank you!

Emerald: I don't know what to say about the J/Z stuff. I'm so upset. worried I just can't see Zekk doing that, ever, so I keep hoping for some sort of vindication.

No *technical* cheating really happened--more that Zekk's ever-inevitable issues, and Perdita's determined pursuit-to-the-point-of-sort-of-accidental-mind-games got the better of him. Of course, I had originally planned to *write* all of the J/Z stuff, so it's much more developed in my mind than I can describe in a few short scenes, which is probably why it's throwing you guys for a loop.

Powerful as always.

thanks! :D

Jon: Okay...
    What the heck?
    Zekk cheated on Jaina??? Erin... why? It's just... I don't see a need for them to go through something like that.[/i]

*sigh* Why am I not surprised by your reaction, despite what's going on with Sanar? Zekk didn't cheat...exactly. He was telling the truth--Perdita kissed him. Perdita told a bit of the truth: for a startled second, Zekk *did* kiss back, but he was pretty messed up at the time. And then he ran after Jaina, who had the extreme unluckiness to witness it. But really...Zekk has a *lot* of issues (I think we can, at least, agree on that?) and his sense of self-worth is...problematic in his relationship with Jaina. Add Perdita and her mind-frakkery on top of all that...and it was rather inevitable. It also isn't exactly news--I've been throwing out hints the entire course of ItM, whenever Jaina and Sanar talked. And I *do* see the need for them to go through something like that, so.

Well, anyway, I hope Miko makes it. And Sanar... has gone loopy and is dead and not dead and... *Head asplodey*

Explanations forthcoming :)

JJD: I'm so dreadfully sorry it's taken me this long to review. Life and school has been a little crazy.

Oh, believe me, I know the feeling [face_worried]

I really liked seeing Dejah's compassionate side through her interaction with Krista. Even if I think she was wrong to tell Krista that Miko isn't dead. (Miko! cry I miss you!)

In general, I think Dejah has this picture of Krista as a rather feather-brained little girl, but she was also somewhat fond of Miko, and so Krista has followed a bit. Dejah hasn't quite lost her heart yet, either, so. As for her telling Krista that Miko was alive--Dejah had no idea whether or not it was true, but she wanted to make sure Krista wouldn't do something stupid (see: opinion/feather-brained girl), so...the lie. Maybe not the best idea, true, but what would the truth really accomplish? Krista might get hysterical, thrash around, cause herself harm, and generally hinder her own recov

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    *Sigh* Well, Erin. I didn't see any hints about this... and I'm not sure it was necessary.

Anyway, enough about that. Devnos is checking in on the little disaster he created, there. Ooh, poor Lera! You ghost, give her a straigh answer for once! *Grabs ghost and shakes him*

A great tense little post. And over so soon??? I hope you stick around a bit after... *COugh*Skeletons!*Cough*

13. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    First off, thanks for the info on Zekk; it made me feel so much better. [:D] Of course, I wouldn't complain if you ever wanted to write out the J/Z storyline to explain it more fully, but I'll take what I can get. ;)

?You are going to have an amazing life, Lerasina Verili. You and Nichyn, both.?

She didn?t know what to say to that?was it a prediction from Prophecy?s once-seer, or a wish from a quasi-friend? But even as she wondered, he was fading; Lera tried one last time. ?What about Sanar? Devnos!?

A whisper?s shade, deep in her heart, was all he left behind: Never give up on a happy ending.

:_| Wow, this really got to me. Lera's been through so much--everyone in this fic has--but I do hold out hope for some sort of happy ending, at least for some of them. I'm a hopeless romantic like that. O:)

14. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Whoa...:eek:

I just got through the marathon read and I am impressed! :D

Keep up the good work, and don't worry... I like being confused. :p

Just not all the time.(*wink*[face_batting]*wink* )

Excellent job! [face_peace]

15. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Great update!=D=

I'm glad Lera will be fine and Devnos has sort of foreseen her having a good life.

So he fades away, kinda sad. At least he speaks of hope. So I will not give up on you writing a happy ending! [face_praying]

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Fantastic update. I really like the interaction between Devnos and Lera. They're so completely different, yet he understands her....I love that. And that he cares enough to stick around and wait to know that she's going to be all right. I also love that what's helping her heal is writing about it. Nothing's more cathartic than getting it all down on paper. The way you've developed Lera is wonderful--she's grown so much, and she might be a little wearier, a little more cynical, but she's still Lera, despite everything.

And I'm definitely holding out for a happy ending. [face_praying]

17. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Jon: *Sigh* Well, Erin. I didn't see any hints about this...

Er, I'm sorry it seems to have gone over your head, but Jaina practically *told* Sanar that Zekk and Perdita were a problem, and I've never intended for it to be a secret.

Devnos is checking in on the little disaster he created, there.

I was going to say something here, and then I remember that I really shouldn't so I'm just going to be the mute O:) in the corner [face_mischief]

Ooh, poor Lera! You ghost, give her a straigh answer for once! *Grabs ghost and shakes him*

Well. You know. If there's anything he's still hiding, or any remaining twists, then he can't really say *anything* and probably went too far with the "happy ending bit." I mean, if there's anything left O:)!

A great tense little post.

And over so soon???

...only five years after I started it :p I spent over a fourth of my life writing this trilogy :eek:

I mean, I hope you stick around a bit after... *COugh*Skeletons!*Cough*

Well...hopefully I'll finish FaIC (*crosses fingers*), but after that I'm focusing on maybe-publishable novels. But, um, isn't Skeletons kind of...skeletal, at this point? *winces* We haven't talked about it in ages.

Emerald_Lady: First off, thanks for the info on Zekk; it made me feel so much better. hugs Of course, I wouldn't complain if you ever wanted to write out the J/Z storyline to explain it more fully, but I'll take what I can get. wink

Lol, I'm afraid that I always *intended* to write the J/Z bit, but RL took over but I kept writing the way I knew it would be from Sanar's pov, and...yes, sorry about that [face_blush] :p

cry Wow, this really got to me. Lera's been through so much--everyone in this fic has--but I do hold out hope for some sort of happy ending, at least for some of them. I'm a hopeless romantic like that.

[face_whistling] [face_mischief]

angry_bendu1: Hey, welcome to Always :D You managed to pick the absolute best time to start reading, I have to say--once I have no excuse for very long waits between updates :p

I just got through the marathon read and I am impressed! grin

thank you :D Are your eyes okay? Even if you ignored the previous two novels, ItM is nearly 400 pages long, I think [face_tired]

Keep up the good work, and don't worry... I like being confused. tongue
    Just not all the time.(*wink* batting *wink* )

Hopefully, less confused within the last two chapters? *is hopeful*

Excellent job!

thanks so much [face_blush]

obiwan: Great update! applause

I'm glad Lera will be fine and Devnos has sort of foreseen her having a good life.

Ah, yes. If the muses had (have?) their way, Lera and Nichyn would have a novel all their own :p

So he fades away, kinda sad. At least he speaks of hope. So I will not give up on you writing a happy ending!

O:) [face_mischief]

JJD: Fantastic update.

Thank you :D

I really like the interaction between Devnos and Lera. They're so completely different, yet he understands her....I love that. And that he cares enough to stick around and wait to know that she's going to be all right.

It's interesting, because I never really expected anything but the most basic working relationship between them, but they did somehow end up on friendlier terms that I would have thought. Um. Writer thing? :p

I also love that what's helping her heal is writing about it. Nothing's more cathartic than getting it all down on paper.

Absolutely. Apparently the 'quack'-therapist knew what she was doing ;)

The way you've developed Lera is wonderful--she's grown so much, and she might be a little wearier, a little more cynical, but she's still Lera, despite everything.

thanks :) She's really developed all backwards on me, so if she turned out, it's all on her :p

Er, yes, this chapter *really* should have been up sooner, shouldn't it? School's been crazy, I'm afraid,

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, a problem, yes, but still... *Shrugs* I guess I'm dense is all. Still wondering why it was necessary to break them up like that, though. There's enough heartbreak in the EU as it is! ;)

Anyway... Braun and Vera, so awesome! Loved his reaction there to seeing her standing there. So glad to see her alive again, too. *Hope builds a little*

And Miko's alive, too! Hey, I don't care how it was done, Dejah. Just be happy! Yes, Krista. He came back. :D :D

And Jaina and Zekk and Kyp... dang. I... what's gonna happen with Sanar and Kyp? They're gonna die? Lousy reward for the sheer hell they've gone through. Stupid Prophecy and vengeance. *Kicks both with steel-toed boots*

A wonderful post, Erin. Five years... wow.

19. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    thanks for the PM...always good to see more. Though I still ahve questions (they are just about different charcters now). My reactions:

Wait, so Veras thinks Brun is dead and Braun thinks Veras is dead???? NO!

Veras was staring at him, too, looking as stunned as he felt. He couldn?t drag his eyes away.

Ah, just beautiful!! [:D]

And is it possible Miko will live due to his ?Jedi magic?? "Thank the Force!"

she still mimicked his breathing a little too much.

Oh, geez, is she actually kinda dead? I worried about Jaina here, until you brought her out of the room. Then I worried about Sanar.... :( I liked the Kyp/ Jaina/Zekk reunion quite a bit...

Of course, if he had really lost Sanar, then he could really use a good punching bag.

LOL?what I would give for a good Kyp/Zekk brawl !!!!! [face_beatup]

The Sildar is the product of a pact with the Devil

THAT is so the essence of the darkside! Like Kyp with Exar Kun. No wonder why he is the Kavishka (even if he is version 2.0 'duct tape')

The hysteria in Jaina?s eyes began to rail against its cage. Jaina?s laugh?slipped, more than a little. ?Kyp, you?re asking the wrong question,? she said. ?This isn?t the end. When the Kavishka is through, so is she. There are rules, remember. The question is, will Sanar?s soul be damned forever and aye? And no, there wouldn?t be anything we could do if she was.?

Crap!:eek:

Thanks for keeping Miko! Thanks for making him really cool in this sotry. You have tons of OC's and they are so fabulous I don't even mind!

You know if Kyp dies with Sanar I'm okay with that because he is Kyp's soul in the clones body and he already did die. But still...is there a fourth story???

20. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    :eek: Holy cow, this was an amazing post.

Veras' POV was beautiful, and her reunion with Braun made me want to cry. I'm so happy that they lived and found each other! [face_dancing]

And Miko's alive! Thank you! [:D] I completely agree with you that canonicity is optional. [face_mischief]

I really loved Kyp and Jaina's scenes together. They were heartbreaking, but they also showed the depth of their friendship, and it brought out the best in both characters.

For some reason, the thought of Kyp and Zekk pounding the crap out of each other always makes me laugh. [face_mischief]

But oh man, Sanar...:_| Why? Can't Prophecy find another loophole? :(

21. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    There had only been Braun, their friends, a ship, and a galaxy full of opportunities. This is me loving Veras and Braun.

?Dejah? You see her, too, right? Tall woman, straight dark hair, scar over her left eye??? Aw. And the insertion of the funny right here, too.

SO HAPPY for their reunion! :_|

Somehow, impossibly, closer inspection revealed that Miko?s wounds were healing. [face_shocked]

Kyp tucked her into his side; he hadn?t even looked at Zekk yet. In this story, as you know, I hopelessly ship Kyp and Sanar. But it still warms my heart and makes me squee a little bit when you write Kyp and Jaina so chummy.

His suspicions and protectiveness for Jaina would have to wait. Of course, if he had really lost Sanar, then he could really use a good punching bag. So very, very Kyp.

?Help,? apparently, was not going to be with the nurse?s very necessary makeover. Such a relief to know that Krista is still Krista.

Krista bolted down the hallway. *squees all over the place with love for Krista and Miko*

Three things happened very quickly. First, Kyp?s temper finally found a target, and he visibly prepared to lash out. Second, Zekk shot to his feet to prevent Kyp from doing something he would regret. Third, Jaina stepped out into the hallway. The men froze, and even Geneva looked interested. I don't know what it is about this section that made me so happy. But it did.

Whatever is left of Sanar?revolves around you.Sanar won?t know anyone or anything that doesn?t have to do with you. Now that is interesting. I'm beginning to understand what all was going on, I think.... It's horrific.

Well, the Kyp Durron version of lighten. Perfect line.

Love the brother/sister relationship between Kyp and Jaina. Really.

In the end, maybe the hard truth did what friendship couldn?t. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Not from the Hot Factory after all. Krista, I love you.

Krista?s hug seemed to take him completely by surprise. The sudden wetness of his tunic, and the vehemence behind Krista?s sobbed thank you couldn?t have helped him regain his balance. Recognizing his stiffness, Krista got a hold of herself. She wiped her eyes dry the second she stepped back from him. Loooooved all of that.

Kyp?s smile looked broken, but in Krista?s experience Kyp Durron often was. That line broke me.

The scene with Krista in which Miko supposedly died has been with me practically from the moment I knew both a) that CitR would have a sequel, and b) that Miko loved Krista. That makes me happy.

Couple things: I'm amazed by the intricateness of this story. Like, really, the whole bit with the (horrific) consequences for Sanar--so much going on there. I'm most impressed.

And I'm glad you haven't written a section from "Sanar"'s point of view, because that would be just too painful.

I'm really anxious about the ending now. Really, really anxious.

22. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    *hugs you*

Re. Miko: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Re. Sanar: Ohnoes. This does not sound good.

Re. Braun & Veras: <3

Re. you: Amazing.

This was fantastic!

-JSD

23. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Jon: Anyway... Braun and Vera, so awesome! Loved his reaction there to seeing her standing there. So glad to see her alive again, too.

Yes, I turn into a right old sap at the end, here :p

And Miko's alive, too! Hey, I don't care how it was done, Dejah. Just be happy! Yes, Krista. He came back. grin grin

The point with Dejah's confusion was to do with her plotline, and the fact that she's been slowly falling out of faith--if the Kavishka healed Miko, however, then she'll have to believe beyond any doubt that there *is* an active force in the galaxy. Kyp would describe it as the Force, but Dejah sees it all as Mujir :)

And Jaina and Zekk and Kyp... dang. I... what's gonna happen with Sanar and Kyp? They're gonna die? Lousy reward for the sheer hell they've gone through.

I guess you're just going to have read the last chapter and find out O:)

A wonderful post, Erin. Five years... wow.

thanks :D And yeah, it's been...quite a while since I was off writing exclusively non-Always things :eek:

obiwan: Wait, so Veras thinks Brun is dead and Braun thinks Veras is dead???? NO!

yep--they really got mixed up, there :(

Ah, just beautiful!! hugs

Oh, geez, is she actually kinda dead?

Jaina is...suffering from the loss of an incredible important bond, and one which literally brought her back to life several years ago. She isn't dead, but she's certainly *not* up to par :( Further complications (?) ensue in the last chapter [face_plain]

LOL?what I would give for a good Kyp/Zekk brawl !!!!! beatup

[face_laugh] It seems you aren't the only one, either, haha.

THAT is so the essence of the darkside! Like Kyp with Exar Kun. No wonder why he is the Kavishka (even if he is version 2.0 'duct tape')

Oh, definitely. The Sildar has never been a pretty aspect of what's going on in ItM.

Thanks for keeping Miko! Thanks for making him really cool in this sotry. You have tons of OC's and they are so fabulous I don't even mind!

thank you [face_blush] I've put a lot of work into them, so I'm glad you've enjoyed the characters :D

But still...is there a fourth story???

ItM is, for the sake of my sanity, absolutely the last story in "Always." ...and some day I might believe that.

Emerald: Holy cow, this was an amazing post.

thanks [face_blush]

Veras' POV was beautiful, and her reunion with Braun made me want to cry. I'm so happy that they lived and found each other! dancing
    And Miko's alive! Thank you!

There does seem to be an inordinate amount of sudden happy endings, doesn't there? :p

I really loved Kyp and Jaina's scenes together. They were heartbreaking, but they also showed the depth of their friendship, and it brought out the best in both characters.

thank you :D I really enjoyed writing their scenes--they've been through a lot together, especially in "Always," so at least they have that to fall back on...for a while.

But oh man, Sanar... cry Why? Can't Prophecy find another loophole?

[face_whistling]

JJD: This is me loving Veras and Braun.

:D

Somehow, impossibly, closer inspection revealed that Miko?s wounds were healing. [face_shocked]

Don't you love a deus ex machina like the Force? :p

In this story, as you know, I hopelessly ship Kyp and Sanar. But it still warms my heart and makes me squee a little bit when you write Kyp and Jaina so chummy.

thanks :D I definitely thought of you when writing the scene. Of course, whatever the otp's in "Always," I've always left some K/J!possibility in there. And in that absence, there is the not-so-inconsequential friendship :)

Such a relief to know that Krista is still Krista.

Krista would survive quite a bit--she just might not like it very much for a long time.

Now that is interesting. I'm beginning to understand what all was going on, I think.... It's horrific.

pretty much [face_worried]

Love the brother/sister relationship between K

24. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Wow, what a wonderful trip this trilogy has been! =D= =D= =D=

You gave it a loving hopeful end. I didn't mind Kyp dying b/c as he said he wasn't even in his own body. His work as the Kavishka liberted all those women (which was beautiful).

Kyp's body disappeared!!! =D= :)

Kyp and Sanar have the afterlife together!!!! =D= :)

I'll miss this story! Great work!!!!!!

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Erin, that was... beautiful. I can't even begin to write what I want to say, after all this time...

If you don't go pro and are worshipped by the masses, something's wrong then...

Sanar and Kyp... dead, but together forever. Happy, then. *Sad smile* I just hope Jaina and Zekk reconcile...

And Lera... poor, poor Lera. Yeah, Vengeance and Prophecy can go straight to the Pit. Nichyn, be there for her!

Just the epilogue left... no! I want more, Erin! *Wibbles* Well, I'll be buying your pro stuff, that's for sure. Just don't forget us tf.netters who don't have the talent like you do. ;) [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.