main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Always III: In the Morning (drama, fantasy, romance) COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Gasp! First reply!

That was awesome, TJF! Poor Tenel Ka. You did a really good job writing her! The discriptions were beautiful, but sad! :(

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I feel for Tenel Ka on this.... :( Poor woman. :_|

I'd kill Ta'a. :p

3. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Poor Tenel! It must suck to have a scheming little witch for grandma. If I was Tenel Ka, I would have inherited the throne the moment I got wind of Ta'a Chume holding that high of a position.

Great post!

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    For me? Thanks, Erin!

Heavy lies the head that wears the crown...

I feel for her, I really do. Why did you kill off Jacen?? Why? Doesn't she deserve some happiness?

Still, awesome post. That little ceremony was pretty neat, just the way I imagined it. So, no more Tenel Ka? Man...still, thanks for including her. She deserves a hell of a lot more than those sithin' Del Ray people gave her...

5. Myria

Myria Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2004
  6. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    Interesting start. Sorry it's taken so long to read - I've been really busy with the end of the semester. I wonder who that girl in the institute is and how she's connected. It'll be interesting to see how it'll all play out.

As for the most recent part, I felt so bad for Tenel Ka. The poor girl. But at least she has the strength to finally start anew.

Can't wait to read more.

7. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    However, yes, Lera (and Arelyk) did have a cameo in Caught in the Rain--Aarylia was baby-sitting them in one scene toward the end. Other than what I've just told you, though, you either need to pester Mel

You're trying to make them mob me for information on Lera, aren't you? :p *happy sigh* Oh the things that happen when I leave you alone!! :( :D DEV IS UP FOR AWARDS HURRAAAAAAAAAY! :D LONG LIVE MY DEV!!! HURRAY!!!!

Eeaaarrrrrhhhh... So prettyful Erin! I loved it! Poor Tenel Ka. :( She doesn't deserve to have Ta'a Chume for her grandmother! She doesn't! :_|

I'm so sorry that I missed the last chapter!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I loved Jaina in it. [face_mischief] she's so cool in it... *cackle*

8. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I thought you hate Jaina.

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    *Walks in and bumps to the top*

10. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    I thouhgt she did, too. Oh well. :p You can never be too sure with Mel! :)

11. Klis

Klis Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2004

Ah, but notice? I said I love Jaina in *THIS*!

I still hate the little witch, but, Jaina who acts like Sanar is cool. :cool:

12. The_Hitokiri

The_Hitokiri Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2004
    You hate Jaina? Hmm... well there are times I do want to wring her neck but I don't hate her. What's the difference between Jaina acting like Sanar and Jaina acting like herself

13. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Lusa: Thanks! :D I kinda liked how this one turned out myself *the aaaaaaaaangst.... [face_devil] ;)*

Elu: I'd kill Ta'a

You kidding? That slimy, slippery old hag would just find some way to bring herself back to life with black magic, and if THAT didn't work, she'd have a whole lab of clones of herself... [face_plain] :p

Bubbles: Poor Tenel!

I agree

It must suck to have a scheming little witch for grandma.

No kidding, huh! And could you imagine when/if she got married--what a 'meet the in-laws' disaster!

If I was Tenel Ka, I would have inherited the throne the moment I got wind of Ta'a Chume holding that high of a position.

Tenel Ka hates royalty, though, poor girl. And you have to admit, while Ta'a Chume is far from a Mother Theresa icon for humanity, she IS a powerful queen, which is important during a war.

Great post!

Thank you :)

Jon: For me?

Who else! ;)

Heavy lies the head that wears the crown...

No kidding. Writing TK always makes me appreciate a normal life [face_plain]

I feel for her, I really do. Why did you kill off Jacen?? Why? Doesn't she deserve some happiness?

I'm sorry :( Maybe now I might have written something different (although I doubt it), but...really, you wouldn't have wanted to see me try to write Jacen, anyway. I suck at it :p I can't really understand him [face_blush]

Still, awesome post. That little ceremony was pretty neat, just the way I imagined it.

So, no more Tenel Ka? Man...still, thanks for including her.

No problem--I'm actually getting kind of fond of writing her... And I *might* be able to squeeze her in in a few more scenes; I'm not sure. I'm going to try, anyway.

Myria: I was actually wondering whether you were going to put that before I read the post. Great minds think alike.

[face_laugh]

I just wanted to say I loved the post.

I wasn't thinking that it was going to be as good, because Tenel Ka wasn't who I was really interested in (I wanted to hear more about Jaina, Zekk, and Sanar),

They're up the next post ;)

but Tenel Ka's feelings were so well expressed that I really loved it. The whole thing where she is looking at herself in the mirror was great.

Ooh, that part was my favourite! And I'm glad you liked it anyway :)

Enelya: Interesting start. Sorry it's taken so long to read - I've been really busy with the end of the semester.

Not a problem--I'm *always* putting things off, even if I'm not busy [face_blush]

I wonder who that girl in the institute is and how she's connected. It'll be interesting to see how it'll all play out.

Lera...is interesting. And fun [face_devil]

Mel: You're trying to make them mob me for information on Lera, aren't you?

[face_batting] Who, me? O:)

*happy sigh* Oh the things that happen when I leave you alone!!

Exactly! Don't do it :( Please? Pretty please with a Devnos on top...?

DEV IS UP FOR AWARDS HURRAAAAAAAAAY! LONG LIVE MY DEV!!! HURRAY!!!!

I know! :D I couldn't believe it :eek:

Eeaaarrrrrhhhh... So prettyful Erin! I loved it! Poor Tenel Ka. She doesn't deserve to have Ta'a Chume for her grandmother! She doesn't!

I agree *scowls*

I'm so sorry that I missed the last chapter!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...you liked it, right? Any thoughts on Lera? *can't believe she hasn't heard any gushing about Nichyn*

I loved Jaina in it. she's so cool in it... *cackle*

Yay! I got Mel to like Jaina :D Although...that could be bad, and mean I write her all wrong... [face_worried] Oh, bother. :p

Elu: She does

Jon: :)

Mel: Ah, but notice? I said I love Jaina in *THIS*!

Does that mean she's really OOC?

I still hate the little witch, but, Jaina who acts like Sanar is cool.

Oh dear. I'm *mixing* them? In a bad way? As in a can't-tell-the-difference way? *freaks out*

Bubbles: how many socks do y

14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    You kidding? That slimy, slippery old hag would just find some way to bring herself back to life with black magic, and if THAT didn't work, she'd have a whole lab of clones of herself...

:eek: :eek: :eek: N-N-NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

what a 'meet the in-laws' disaster!

[face_plain] [face_devil] SW version of "Meet The Parents" anyone? [face_devil]

15. The_Hitokiri

Dec 4, 2004
    Only 3 socks. Kyo-kun_Fan, The_Hitokiri, and HitokiriBattosai.

Sorry about the difference between Jaina acting like Jaina and Jaina acting like Sanar question. There is a difference, just not a big one. Sanar is extremely cyanical, like Kyp. But other than that, the personalities are quite similiar to me.

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    This is how to write a correct Jacen, Erin. Not the NJO pod person.

He's a bit of a scatterbrain, but has an innate wisdom in things. He's gentle, but knows when to throw down. He's also destined to marry Tenel Ka.

In other words, the complete kriffin' opposite of his portrayal in the NJO.

17. The_Hitokiri

Dec 4, 2004
    Agreed! Jacen in NJO is a wimp. Stupid pacifist! Err.. that came out of nowhere.

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    It's been a bit since I've done this, but I must...

*Jon stands on a cliff's edge while wind whips around and dramatic music plays*

This masterpiece must not linger! By all the power I command, I say rise!*

*Fic rises*

Excellent.

19. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Elu: SW version of "Meet The Parents" anyone?

[face_laugh] If I wrote humour....

Bubbles: Wow. A lot of socks. Not as many as Mel, of course... :p

Water over the bridge... I obviously need to hack away at the two of them some more [face_plain]

Jon: But I can't *understand* him! I don't have innate wisdom. I'm not gentle. And, well, let's not get into the whole 'destined to marry Tenel Ka' thing... :p When I try to write him, I just make him a goof -- and not the good kind :(

Jon (again): Thanks!

Alright, this is the last post before Christmas...and maybe even a little after that. Things are going to be busy, after all.

-0-0-0-

This one's for Mel, because the last part...well, suffice to say she's excited about the new character :D

-0-0-0-

Chapter Three: Settling Down?

?Well, you got your wish?Tenel Ka?s Queen Mother.? Sanar smirked down at Jaina.

?It wasn?t my wish,? the Jedi protested. ?She?s miserable?you think I don?t know that? I simply said that it was time. Don?t shoot the messenger.?

Sanar?s mood swung toward compassion, as if she sensed Jaina?s misplaced guilt. ?That girl is always miserable,? Sanar said. ?Just because you reminded her that she?s a princess, and the only good person for the job??

?She isn?t ?always? miserable,? Jaina retorted. ?She?s just very self-contained.?

Sanar snorted, crossing her arms over her chest. ?Tenel Ka,? she told Jaina succinctly, ?needs to get a boyfriend.?

Abruptly, Jaina?s face shuttered. ?She almost had one.?

Sanar raised an eyebrow. ?Oh really. Who??

?Jacen.?

Eyes widening, Sanar sat back in her couch. ?Oh. Shavit.? She drew a hand through her hair and gave a sigh. ?Jay, I didn?t??

?The Freak Connection didn?t let you in on that, huh,? Jaina said with a wobbly smile.

Sanar shifted awkwardly; even after five years, Jacen?s death was a sore point for Jaina. ?Jay, I?m sorry, I?I didn?t think.?

Jaina regained her composure and gave a sunny, if fake, grin. ?Don?t worry about it; you didn?t know.?

?I should have.?

Shrugging, Jaina told her, ?It can?t be helped. Neither of us are thinkers.?

Curiosity won over discomfort, and Sanar asked, ?So, how were Tenel Ka and Jacen ?almost? together? Was this an off and on thing??

?My dimwit brother fell madly, head-over-heels in love with Tenel Ka at first sight. She ?cared greatly? about him a second after he did.? Jaina pulled a red afghan over her lap, as if cold. ?Both of them were too stubborn or blind to admit it, and he died before either could finally ?fess up.? She picked at a loose thread in the blanket. ?You should have seen Tenel Ka?s face when I gave her Jacen?s holo-disc?I think if she had any less self-control, she would have fallen apart.?

?So Animal Nut knew something about love,? Sanar mused lightly, leaving her armchair in favour of sitting next to Jaina on the couch. ?Must have been why he got himself together enough to give you a push on Zekk.?

Jaina blushed at the mention of her boyfriend. ?Well, I guess. And he wasn?t a nut?slightly eccentric, sure, but his heart was more than in the right place. He was more like Mom.?

?And you?re all Dad Solo,? Sanar teased.

The younger woman laughed. ?Incorrigibly so. At least Mom has little Mikhai now. With any luck, he?ll be a happy medium.?

?Well, between Jacen?s mooning heart and your stubbornness, it worked out okay.?

Jaina was quiet for a moment, and Sanar knew she was thinking about the sacrifices and consequences that had come with that happy ending. With her sister?s guard down, Sanar snatched Jaina?s afghan. ?Well,? she pressed, ?it did. I mean, you completely screwed up my cynical way of life, and you turned Onyx into Zekk into your personal PDA hero boyfriend, and you brought Durron, of all people, back to life, but that isn?t so bad. I mean, look, I?m not bleeding to death. That has to be good. I can live with a little functional relationship stuff.?

20. yoda-is-my-homeboy

yoda-is-my-homeboy Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2004
    *gets first post*

ha ha!!! :D

awesome update!!! I was waiting for Clayra to have a bigger part in the story!

can't wait for next post! :D

21. The_Hitokiri

Dec 4, 2004
    Hehe, the part with Kyp was funny! Now that I think even more, Jaina and Sanar different but alike at the same time. Great post!

22. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    homeboy: I was waiting for Clayra to have a bigger part in the story!

She's coming :D Not for a little while--her appearance in this chap only really launches Nichyn--but then she's a fairly main character :)

Bubbles: Thanks! :D I'm glad you enjoyed it.

~TJF

23. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
  24. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hey, no pM! Hmm, good thing I check back on this fic regularly...

You used my 'eccentric' line for Jacen! Thanks, Erin. And Sanar and Jaina talking was so girly! And poor Tenel Ka...

IS Jaina pregnant? Just curious. And Erin, I was kinda wondering if you knew who you were voting for in the best crossover category...just wondering.

Great post!

25. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    That was just lovely, as usual TJF! I really like the Jaina/Sanar/Kyp banter! Its fun to read! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.