main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Always III: In the Morning (drama, fantasy, romance) COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Jon: Hey, no pM!

I didn't know if you still wanted it--when I asked earlier in the fic, no one answered. I take it I should start that up again for you now?

And Sanar and Jaina talking was so girly!

[face_laugh] Thanks. I was hoping the 'girliness' would come :p

And poor Tenel Ka...

*sigh* Yeah...

IS Jaina pregnant?

*blinks* Uh...no...she isn't... Maybe I'm a prude, but I don't even see Jaina and Zekk as being lovers yet. Why? Did I say something in the post that suggested she was?

And Erin, I was kinda wondering if you knew who you were voting for in the best crossover category...just wondering.

Well, yes, I *do* know who I'm voting for... was there a reason for you curiosity, Oh Crossover Writer? [face_batting] Heck, I think after nominating you every awards since I started reading Sailor Senshi...isn't it obvious? ;)

Lusa: Thanks :D I'm glad you enjoyed it.

And I am *finally* done ch. 6. *collapses* It's 11 pages, and the beginning and end had to be dragged out of my muse, but it's on computer, at last. So as soon as I've started in on ch. 7, and people start returning from christmas break, I'll try to get another post up :)

~TJF

2. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

With her sister?s guard down, Sanar snatched Jaina?s afghan. ?Well,? she pressed, ?it did. I mean, you completely screwed up my cynical way of life, and you turned Onyx into Zekk into your personal PDA hero boyfriend, and you brought Durron, of all people, back to life, but that isn?t so bad. I mean, look, I?m not bleeding to death. That has to be good. I can live with a little functional relationship stuff.?

Personal PDA hero boyfriend?!?! :p (PDA = Personal Digital Assistant!!!) Poor Zekk! :D

The two women had settled into comfortable silence, lost in their own thoughts, when their front door whizzed up to reveal none other than Kyp Durron. Sanar felt an allergic reaction coming on.

Allergic reaction indeed, Sanar needs to get kissed. :p She's too grouchy.

?Oh, but knocking is also so?polite.? Jaina smiled sweetly. ?What if Sanar had found a boyfriend, and was making out with him on this very couch??

Kyp can walk in on himself? o_O Now THAT'S interesting... :p

It was so dark out?better to hide the tears, the fear; better to conceal their actions.
    A mother reached out to stroke her son?s cheek, memorizing every valley and bone, trying to make it all out one last time in the almost non-existent moonlight. Tears slid down her cheeks in rivulets, silent and breaking, like an ice statue melting. She whispered her love once more before her voice cracked, and she had to turn away.
    The son?s face stayed impassive, but his eyes were lost, hurt.
    A father held his son tight in iron-strong arms. ?Braun and Veras will take care of you?find some place for you to stay until?? He swallowed convulsively. ?You?ll be safe with them.? But he sounded as if he was trying to convince himself; probably because it was difficult to give up his only son, even to a better life.
    ?We have to get going,? a new voice said urgently?a man, known as Braun. He checked the horizon for other people, then for the sun. ?It?ll be light soon; we don?t have a lot of time.?
    The father nodded tensely and stepped just a little away from his son. ?We love you,? he told the teenager, leaning down enough to stare his son in the eye. ?Never forget that. Never forget who you are.?
    ?The guards will be back soon,? Braun snapped, his voice sharp with anxiety. If caught, it would be the end for all of them.
    Nodding frantically, the mother brushed her pale hair out of her face, and her tears from her eyes, as she nudged her son in the other man?s direction. ?Go with Braun, there?s a good son. Stay hidden and safe until the ship leaves, and don?t come out for anything.?
    The boy nodded his understanding, as he had for all his mother?s repetitions. Now wasn?t the time for insolence. ?Goodbye, Mama, Father,? he whispered, voice thin.
    He let himself be pulled away by his new guardian, toward the ship upon which he would hide, and escape to the Galactic Alliance.
    ?Don?t forget,? his mother cried out suddenly, her voice stark against the silent, cold night.
    Nichyn turned back to regard her solemnly.
    ?Your aunt,? she trailed miserably. ?Don?t forget to find Sanar, and?and tell her??
    ?Shush, Clayra,? the father whispered anxiously, taking her in his arms. ?You will catch the attention of others.? He raised his eyes to Nichyn?s. ?Go, son.?
    Nichyn ran up the ship?s ramp. He would not return home for a long, long time.

IT'S NICHYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D [face_love] :D

:eek: :_| NICHYN ISN'T DEAD!!!!!!!!! HE CAN'T BE!!!!!! HE RAN AWAY TO SANAR!!!!! HE CAN'T BE DEAD!!!!!! FIRST DEV AND NOW NICHYN!?!?!? YOU --- YOU --- YOU WORD-I-AM-NOT-ALLOWED-TO-USE-HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!! :_| HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Mel has gone insane again...

And on that note, I think I'll do one of my patented 'overly dramatic but still highly cool uppages'.

*Jon puts on a cape and cranks up the wind machine and the fog machine. He also sets up a spotlight in back so he's drmatically backlit*

I have all this power, yet not even I can keep this fic on page one forever. Still, I must try! For the sake of all, it...must...RISE!!!!!!!!!

*Jon holds out left hand and clenches it. Left hand also has black glove on so it creaks when clenched and looks even cooler.*

Excellent.

4. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    I'll do i.r.'s later, but...uh, Mel, why the heck do you think Nichyn's dead?!? He isn't! And he isn't going to die in this fic! I have no plans for him even to get severely physically injured! Psychologically scarred, maybe, but physically? psh. There'll be enough of that with everybody else ;)

~TJF

5. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Wow. What a dramatic, Phantom-like up, Striker! Well done! :)

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Thanks, Lusa. Fics that I like a lot I try and do highly dramatic ups because they deserve it.

I'll be doing some for your fic real soon.

7. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Mel: Personal PDA hero boyfriend?!?! tongue (PDA = Personal Digital Assistant!!!) Poor Zekk!

Yeah...digital assistant...poor Zekk... :p Oh, I'm sure he'll cope.

Allergic reaction indeed, Sanar needs to get kissed. She's too grouchy.

[face_laugh] Oh, she will. Several times [face_mischief] But not yet.

Kyp can walk in on himself? raised_brow Now THAT'S interesting...

:rolleyes: :p

IT'S NICHYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin love grin

I thought you'd like that part; and he's in this next chapter, too! Don't you love me? I'm so nice to you...

shock cry NICHYN ISN'T DEAD!!!!!!!!!

He isn't.

HE CAN'T BE!!!!!!

Well, technically, he can. But he isn't.

HE RAN AWAY TO SANAR!!!!!

Yeah, he did.

HE CAN'T BE DEAD!!!!!!

I did make it clear that the last part was what everyone ELSE was told, right? The story they used to cover up Nichyn's escape?

FIRST DEV AND NOW NICHYN!?!?!?

Um, well, those two, besides physical attributes, are not at all the same, really, and their fates couldn't be farther apart.

YOU --- YOU --- YOU WORD-I-AM-NOT-ALLOWED-TO-USE-HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :_|

HOW DARE YOU!!!!! cry HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*whimpering, hides from Mel*

Jon: Mel has gone insane again...

Yes, again. *sighs* :p

[face_hypnotized] oooh....*entranced by up* You keep my thread so neat with your ups, Jon! Thanks :D

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas/New Years/Holiday session [:D] Here's another post :)

----------

Chapter Four: The GFFA Education of Nichyn Whilem

Veras Yd only allowed herself to start breathing again when they had left Na?Lein?yhpaon?s atmosphere. The ride out was typically difficult?Na?Lein?yhpaon the planet was as forgiving as its government, and ships had a hard time of getting past both. She couldn?t count the number of times she and Braun, her husband, had been sent careening back toward the ground. Every time they had pulled back, just before they died fiery, explosive deaths. Every time she had nightmares for days about what it would be like?feeling the Prize crumple against the earth, twisting into her skin, then exploding she and her husband into hellish oblivion.

Braun was lucky, where others were not.

But it would be just Veras? luck if, on the day they brought out shipment far more precious than dried fruits or rare furs or even information, she and Braun hit the ground for real. Braun was lucky; his wife, not so much. She had been born on Na?Lein?yhpaon, after all. And speaking of leaving that lafit planet?

?Do you think he?s alright?? asked Veras in a hushed voice, glancing over her shoulder at Nichyn, who was sitting in the lounge.

Braun frowned but then shrugged. ?Would you be, if you were him??

?I have been him,? she retorted not unkindly. ?The difference is, I couldn?t get off that planet fast enough?and I?d known you long enough to know you wouldn?t blow my brains out trying to do the impossible, getting past Na?Lein?yhpaon?s atmosphere. Nichyn?s parents told him this is for the best.?

?He knows it is, Ver. The kid?s smart?remember what Clayra and Gantik said? He?s a top-notch student.?

Veras snorted. ?Student or not?and you know education on NLY and in the Galactic Alliance are two very different things?Nichyn?s a teenager, Braun. They say one thing, and mean another.?

?Teenagers also happen to be tough. All those hormones?they have to be, or the parents murder them for being monsters. But go back and talk to him?he could probably use some support, even if he?d pry prefer his mum or his dad. I?ll come back once I double check these readings.?

She chewed her lip, staring out at the lines of hyperspace, then unbuckled her crash webbing decisively. ?I think I will.? Marching out of the cockpit, she slowed only a moment at the lounge doorway. ?You know,? she said, ?you should really take a look at hyperspace. There?s nothing like it.?

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Yes, Erin. I'd like PMs.

This reply might be a bit short because I'm working on three fics simultaneously. Sorry. Anyway...

So, that Nichyn dude got off Sanar's homeworld. Good for him. And that place also sounds like my private version of hell.

Very nice character piece, Erin.

9. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

*melts*

Nichyn.... knife... free... fight.... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

*happy coo*

NICHYN!!!!! :D :D :D [face_love]

I loved it when he was like " :eek: Her father would protect her honor?????" :D

[face_mischief]

[face_love]

10. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    The last couple of chapters were good. I really liked the Jaina and Sanar interaction, and theirs with Kyp. So wait, is Jaina engaged to Zekk? When did that happen? Did I completely forget or miss something?

Anyway, can't wait for more.

11. yoda-is-my-homeboy

yoda-is-my-homeboy Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2004
    yay, Nichyn's off NLY!!!

and Cerasy got married? cool.

good update!!! :D

12. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    *blinks* I'm starting to like Nichyn(sp?). Great post!

13. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Cerasy got married? Cool! Hope she shows up soon, being as she is most super cool! :) And Nichyn got away safely! Double yay!

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    *Jon walks in, cape and black outfit on*

Erin has been gone for a bit...I hope she is okay. Still, I must raise this fic up.

*Jon concentrates, scrunching his eyebrows*

Rise...Rise...RISE!!!!!!

15. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Jon: Yes, Erin. I'd like PMs.

*makes a note*

This reply might be a bit short because I'm working on three fics simultaneously. Sorry. Anyway...

No problem! At one point, I was writing...3 fics, 1 vignette series, and my original fiction, and a lot of beta-ing for other people. So I'm well-aware about how busy things can get :p

So, that Nichyn dude got off Sanar's homeworld. Good for him. And that place also sounds like my private version of hell.

Ugh. *shivers* Doesn't it? Parts of this story are difficult to tell, just because NLY knocks against the boundaries of PG/PG-13 [face_plain]

Very nice character piece, Erin.

Thanks! :D

Mel: *melts*

Does this mean you've forgiven me for the chapter before this?

Nichyn.... knife... free... fight.... love love love love

mel, you are one a million, you know that, right? :p [face_love]

*happy coo*

Nichyn: :eek: :confused: *begins to edge away from this strange girl*

NICHYN!!!!! grin grin grin love

Only fourteen, and he's already got a fanclub... :p

I loved it when he was like " shock Her father would protect her honor?????"

[face_laugh] I liked that part too :D Nichyn's going to be a blast to write into 'normal' society... [face_mischief]

Enelya: Thanks!

So wait, is Jaina engaged to Zekk? When did that happen? Did I completely forget or miss something?

No, you didn't miss anything *really*...there's a four year break between CitR and KB; Jaina and Zekk got engaged between then (seriously, did you think you'd see that in fic? ME write MUSH? *dies at the thought* There are some things that just go way beyond my meager talents... :p)

homeboy: yay, Nichyn's off NLY!!!

Yes he is *nods happily* And soon he'll be off with Lera, Arelyk, Zuleika (*snicker* I love being evil), _______, and on a matriarchal planet [face_mischief]

good update!!

Bubbles: I'm glad, since he's a major character in his plot line ;) :) Thanks!

Lusa: Cerasy got married? Cool! Hope she shows up soon, being as she is most super cool!

That she is, but I'm not sure how big, exactly, her role will be--I know she's coming along for the ride, but...nothing is set in stone.

Jon: Erin has been gone for a bit...I hope she is okay.

I'm alright--just busy. RL's been catching up with me *sulks*

Thank you!

Okay, guys, here's the scoop: the posts are going to come a little slow at this point, both because my muse is *always* a pain at the beginning of a story, and because I really need to crack down on my school work...Chem is not my friend, and I'm transferring back to public school in February. So, I'll try to get a new post out soon, but it won't be immediate. Sorry! [face_love]

~TJF

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    It's cool, Erin. Real life can be a pain.

I'll keep the thread warm for you.

17. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Erin:

Does this mean you've forgiven me for the chapter before this?

[face_love] YES. [face_love]

mel, you are one a million, you know that, right?

:D :eek:.... I am!? :D I feel so special now... [face_love] *hugs* Thank you Erin.

Nichyn: *begins to edge away from this strange girl*

Mel: :D [face_love] *stares dreamily at the Mini-Dev*

Only fourteen, and he's already got a fanclub...

I saw the picture of him, remember? :p He damn well deserves one.

I liked that part too Nichyn's going to be a blast to write into 'normal' society...

....Well?? What are you waiting for?! :D Write him into normal society!!! [face_batting] Wish to see this i do!!! *happy crowing*

18. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Alright, finally back, and on the road to catching up with everybody (which should last approximately two days, before DRL grabs a hold of me again :p ).

Evil tendancies? *Me*? Where on earth did you get that idea?

Hmm... [face_thinking] I don't know. Maybe from the previous two parts of the "Always" series? Do you think that might be it? ;)

?Hey,? he defended. ?I am helping rebuild the Jedi Order. What are you doing? Stuffing your face, making out with your boyfriend, and occasionally getting into a cockpit.?

??Helping rebuild the Jedi Order?,? Sanar mused out loud. ?Translation: Sitting on your butt, looking around at other washed up heroes, and counting grey hairs.?

ROTFL! [face_laugh] I love Sanar! She's so hilarious, and so Sanar :D

?He?s just being a hero,? Sanar said loftily. ?Zekk?s so whipped, he probably thinks he?s protecting you.?
    LOL! Poor Zekk ;)

Something tickled in Sanar?s mind?whispers of denial?but she shook it off. ?So what?s after the wedding bells? Cerasy and Tiran have already done it, you?re planning it, Krista and Miko?well?okay, they?re nowhere near that, having not seen each other in years?but? What?s next??

?Isn?t it obvious?? Jaina asked, smiling sweetly at her honorary sister before, strangely enough, pinning Kyp with an evil grin. ?I?ll have to find you a guy.?

Run, Sanar, run! O:)

?Is there something going on between you two that I should know?? she demanded suspiciously.

Sanar?s reaction to this statement reassured her. ?Are you insane?? the woman shrieked, shooting up to her feet.

Kyp groaned, flushing as if he wanted nothing more than to find somewhere to hide.

Jaina found herself very amused. Kyp Durron, Jedi Master, returnee from Death, feared Destroyer of Carida, the man who had always chosen his own path even if it went against the famous Luke Skywalker?s credo, was uncomfortable with Sanar?s reaction to a relationship with him.

Aww! Poor Kyp! [:D]

Great job with the posts, Erin! Nichyn makes me laugh :p And apparently there's a picture of him? Can I see it? O:) [face_mischief]

~LtJS @};-

19. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Jon: Thanks!

Mel: YES.

*sigh of relief* Oh good :) I hate it when people are mad at me... :(

.... I am!? grin I feel so special now...

Don't you know that by now, Mel?

Mel: grin love *stares dreamily at the Mini-Dev*

Nichyn: She loves me because I look like my uncle? I don't know whether to be disturbed or relieved....

I saw the picture of him, remember? He damn well deserves one.

[face_laugh] Do you remember which book cover that pic was on? I didn't save it to my computer when you sent it to me, and I don't really want to slog through the hundreds of PM's we've sent back and forth :p

....Well?? What are you waiting for?! grin Write him into normal society!!! batting Wish to see this i do!!! *happy crowing*

Very soon--for me, anyway ;) You have to wait...5 chapters. I only have to wait approx. five paragraphs! [face_mischief]

Lt: Alright, finally back, and on the road to catching up with everybody (which should last approximately two days, before DRL grabs a hold of me again tongue ).

Ugh, I know--I've pretty much had to give up on WIPs on the boards (hypocritical of me, I know, I know...). I just don't have enough time to read a story in posts, *and* remember what's going on in each plot, nowadays :p

Hmm... I don't know. Maybe from the previous two parts of the "Always" series? Do you think that might be it?

Well, I... :eek: I never! Imagine, thinking RotJ and CitR were (are?) evil. I only killed Jaina and Jacen and Devnos, poisoned (almost fatally) Sanar, killed Devnos, split up Krista/Miko, and made Zekk evil. Sweetie, buckle up your seatbelt, hold onto the handlebar, and get ready for a bumpy KB ride. If you think RotJ and CitR were bad... *rubs hands together gleefully* You. Have. Not. Seen. Anything. [face_devil]

But I stand by myself, saying it isn't evil. Oh, no, it's just...maintaining reader interest [face_batting]

Run, Sanar, run!

[face_laugh] She can't run far enough... [face_mischief] And believe me, Jaina-the-matchmaker is the *least* of her worries in this area of the story ;)

Great job with the posts, Erin!

Thanks! :D

Nichyn makes me laugh

Oh, good *beams proudly*

And apparently there's a picture of him? Can I see it?

Mel has the picture...or the name of the book which's (watch me ignore grammar!) cover has a character of v. interesting likeness :)

Okay, I'm almost done Ch. 7, so I'll try to beta and post the next chapter soon, faithful readers :D

~TJF

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Yay! New chapter soon!

Hey, Erin. Any bad guys I can torture in this part? I miss forcing Devnos to listen to all 19 books of the NJO being read.

21. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Ugh, I know--I've pretty much had to give up on WIPs on the boards (hypocritical of me, I know, I know...). I just don't have enough time to read a story in posts, *and* remember what's going on in each plot, nowadays
    [face_blush] *shuffles feet* I'm pretty close to that too. I think I read half a dozen other WIPs (total) and then vignettes. Maybe when summer starts I'll catch up on all my WIPs.

Well, I... I never! Imagine, thinking RotJ and CitR were (are?) evil. I only killed Jaina and Jacen and Devnos, poisoned (almost fatally) Sanar, killed Devnos, split up Krista/Miko, and made Zekk evil. Sweetie, buckle up your seatbelt, hold onto the handlebar, and get ready for a bumpy KB ride. If you think RotJ and CitR were bad... *rubs hands together gleefully* You. Have. Not. Seen. Anything.

But I stand by myself, saying it isn't evil. Oh, no, it's just...maintaining reader interest

Yeah, "only" ;) *blanches* Wait, there's more coming? Oh, you're evil, that you are. :p

She can't run far enough... And believe me, Jaina-the-matchmaker is the *least* of her worries in this area of the story
    *scared* Oh, well. I think they'll be okay. At least for now. Or I'll kidn- er, rescue- them and hide them in my basement [face_mischief]

Mel has the picture...or the name of the book which's (watch me ignore grammar!) cover has a character of v. interesting likeness
    Ah. Mel! Can I see the pic? O:)

~LtJS @};-

22. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Mel! Can I see the pic?

Sure thing! :D Gimme your email addy or IM SN (YIM, AIM, or MSN) and I'll be more then happy to get it to you. :D

23. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    There's a picture of Nichyn? Can I see too?

24. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Mel- it's BabblingGoldfish171@yahoo.com :) Thanks!

~LtJS @};-

25. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Mimi/Lt. Solo: *salutes* Aye-aye Ladies! O:) They're off! :D Although I'm not sure if your's will work, Mimi... :( If it doesn't, log onto YIM sometime soon and pester me into it. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.