main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Always in Motion (AU) Obi-Wan, OFC, Anakin, Padme *Complete* 12-04-06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmsbndgrl, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Hello everybody, for those of you who read The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Curse, I know I said this would not be up until November, but I have the first part ready to post. Just don't expect updates as frequently as that fic, at least for the near future.

Now on with the fic...

Title: Always is Motion
    Genre: Romance, Drama, Humor, Angst, and Alternative Universe
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Aila Bennet (Kenobi) (OFC), Anakin, Padmé, other familiar faces.
    Summary: A series of events will lead Obi-Wan Kenobi down a path that will change the future of the GFFA.
    Timeframe: Between TPM and AOTC
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars. I?m just borrowing George Lucas?s characters for a bit. Aila is mine and has come out to play with George?s characters.

Prologue:

Twenty-five year old Aila Bennet was still asleep in bed on a frigid November morning. The temperature had slowly dropped below freezing over the past few days, and the weather forecasters were calling for the area?s first snowfall. As a result, Aila would be out shoveling snow by herself later in the day. However, currently she was nice and warm under her covers, lost in pleasant dreams.

She was abruptly woken by the sound of her alarm clock ringing. She grumbled as she turned to it and hit the snooze alarm before dozing for another few minutes. The alarm went off a second time nine minutes later, and she quickly slammed her hand on the snooze alarm one more time. However, after the third time the alarm went off, Aila could not fight it any longer, and begrudgingly crawled out of bed.

She quickly turned on her television and tuned into the local news.

?Scientists claim discovery of wormhole, but details are limited as to what that means to our planet, more on this during the nightly news. Now here is Scott with the weather.? The news anchor stated.

The young weatherman stood before a weather map that clearly showed a large amount of precipitation heading for the area. ?Well folks, this is it, the first snowfall of the season. It looks to be a significant storm; we could be setting snowfall records. Expect 8-12 inches to fall overnight. Some northern areas could see up to 16 inches.?

Aila groaned as she turned off the television. She lived in a northern area and with her luck would see 16 inches. She was not looking forward to shoveling her driveway by herself. She laughed to herself as she thought she should have followed her mother?s advice, and found herself a boyfriend/ husband. Perhaps he could help with this hated chore. She could have hired someone to shovel it for her, but the local guy always leered at her and creeped her out. Although she hated the chore, she would rather do it herself than have some dirty old man stare at her.

Aila sighed as she walked to the bathroom to get cleaned up. It wasn?t like she wasn?t looking; she just did not meet anyone who interested her yet. Many men had shown an interest to the attractive, longhaired brunette. She had a nice, slim figure, long legs, and many people knew that financially she was well off.

She had inherited a small fortune from her grandmother several years back and had invested the funds in some highly lucrative ventures that were paying off nicely. As a result, Aila was able to leave her cumbersome day job and pursue more enjoyable activities.

Aila loved to help people, and set up several charity foundations with some of her excess cash flow. When Aila was not overseeing operations of these organizations, she lounged around at home, or went out to splurge her money with her friends.

However, Aila never went overboard by spending her money frivolously. She knew the importance of saving, and carefully monitored her investments and cash flow. She had not had a lot of money before her grandmother?s death, and she did not wish to have to revert back to her previous lifestyle because of carelessness. Life had been hard before, and now she got to do things she loved.

Unfortunately, financial in

2. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Obi Wan on Earth, good I've been looking for someone uglier than me!

great start to the fic!

**first reply[face_beatup]

3. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    Obi-Wan on earth??? Hmm, the possibilities are endless. I just wonder how he'll react to our culture?

4. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    As devoted as I am to Anakin, I still wouldn't mind running into Obi. :)

It was touching to see the concern that Anakin had for Obi's absence.

You are off to a great start.

5. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Ooo, I like where this story's going. Very interesting that we'll see what's going on on both sides of the wormhole. Definitely will be a lot of implications though. I want to read a Prequel to this though, named something like "Aila's Risk-Averse Portfolio and Investment Strategy". (Yes, I'm a finance major, and I was thrilled to see the mention of investments in the prologue.

PS. By the way, I lurked on, read, and loved Emperor's Gift/Purse. I think I left one response before falling behind, but just letting you know that I loved that story and am looking forward to its sequel as well.

6. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Oooo, Obi on Earth. Send him this-a way...

7. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    ----------------------------------------------------------

He's going to freak out!!!-Lol[face_laugh]

Yay,a new story=D= !! Just like the last one this looks to be very promising!

Thanks for the PM :)

8. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    darksideyesplease: Uglier? You don't want to start that debate. Especially with a James Bond fan who is still in mourning. :p I might be forced to kill off Padme with comments like that, and how would that feel over your force bond? :p

widow_skywalker: Yes, Obi-Wan on Earth. Poor guy is in for a surprise.

Amidala66: Obi-Wan is like a father to Anakin, so he should be worried about his absence. Thanks for reading. :)

aldocassidy: [face_laugh] You caught me! My undergraduate degree was a double major in accounting and finance. My graduate degree is in accounting. So now you know where the prologue came from. :p I should never write chapters after taking a midterm exam in Corporate Financial Management! Actually, I did not realize I had written her to be a finance wiz until after I went back and reread it. That was not my initial intention, but in the end it works better for the plot because she won't have to stay at work all day, so I decided to leave it in. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Curse. Thanks for reading.

Jaira: Yes, Obi-Wan is on Earth. He's visiting me at the moment, but I'll tell him you left a message. ;) Thanks for reading.

HandmaidenVeme: He might not be the only one who freaks out.

9. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    Another fan!!!!!;) This is a cool story!!! i can't wait for the next update, and please keep the pms coming. Thanx

10. aldocassidy

Jun 22, 2005

Yes! Great to know there's another business major on these boards. And you're not the only one who has been tempted into putting school into fics. I definitely look forward to more mentions of Sharpe Ratio's and dollar-value LIFO in this fic. Oh, and please let me know when you start your sequel for Gift/Curse (maybe you could name it "The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Purse"?)

11. Bride_of_Obi-Wan

Bride_of_Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2005
    A good friend of mine, Jmsbndgrl, gave me chapter 2 to beta, and post on October 31st because she'll be busy. However, I think posting it now might convince her to write some more and I'm tired of her excuses. So I'll let you guys see the chapter now. ;)

As for individual replies, Jmsbndgrl left the following messages:

ChewbacaRocks: Thanks! :D

aldocassidy: Urgh! Sharpe's ratio! I'll let you know when I and if I start the sequel for Emperor's Curse. The thought of the Emperor having a purse is a little scary. [face_worried]

As for the rest of you, I hope you enjoy this post! :D Oh, and she should have mentioned this when she posted chapter 1, but if you want to be on of off the PM list, let her know.

Chapter 2: Silly Fan Boy

As Aila approached her house from returning to the store, she noticed a large, unfamiliar object in her yard. ?What on earth is that?? She murmured to herself as she continued to drive towards her house.

She slowed down as she approached the large metal object. It was at the end of her front yard, near the curb. Aila rolled down the window of her blue Jeep as she stared at it. She tried to figure out what this object could possibly be, for some reason it seemed vaguely familiar. However, she could not think of any scorched objects with worn red paint that she knew of and she scrunched her face up in confusion.

She was just getting ready to pull into her driveway when the movement of a shadow on the metal object's surface caught her attention. In a moment, she saw a bearded man climb over the top of the metal object. He seemed a bit dazed and shaken.

?Excuse me, but what are you doing in my yard??

Obi-Wan looked up at the voice that had addressed him. He saw a young woman sitting in a strange speeder-like contraption. ?I am sorry milady, my ship crashed and it needs major repairs before it is flyable again.?

?Ship? Flyable?? Aila raised an eyebrow at this strange man with the accented voice who was dressed in a strange white tunic and brown cloak. For some reason he seemed familiar to her, but she could not figure out where she had met him before. ?Are you on something?? She asked, questioning the man?s sanity.

?Sorry, milady?? Obi-Wan asked, confused by the woman?s statements.

Aila rolled her eyes at the man, ?Last I checked, ships do not fly. Now who are you, and what is that pile of junk you have put in my yard?? She stated with irritation.

?Oh, sorry milady, I am Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi. Like I said my ship has crashed and?.?

Obi-Wan was interrupted when Aila burst into laughter. Now she knew where she recognized the man and the ship. He looked almost exactly like Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and the smoldering wreckage behind him slightly resembled a Jedi Starfighter. ?Who put you up to this? Was it Becky?? Aila asked as she continued to giggle. Only Aila?s friend Becky could come up with a scheme like this.

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow at her in confusion. ?I am sorry, I do not know a Becky. Like I said, I am Jedi Knight?.?

?Drop the act, fan boy.? Aila interrupted him again with a laugh. ?Who sent you??

?Nobody sent me, milady.? Obi-Wan answered, trying to figure out why he had just been called ?fan boy.?

?Then why is this pile of junk in my yard?? Aila replied with irritation.

?I told you.? Obi-Wan gave an exasperated sigh, ?I lost control of my ship and I crashed. It needs major repairs before I can fly it again. You do not by any chance know where I can get a new hyperdrive??

Aila laughed again, ?I?ll admit, you are good at the act fan boy, now tell me who sent you.?

?I am sorry milady, I am afraid you have me mistaken for someone else. I told you, no one sent me.?

Aila?s eyes narrowed at this. ?Well if nobody sent you, then you better drag that pile of garbage and yourself off my lawn.?

?I cannot do that milady, I am stuck here until either I fix my ship or the Jedi Council picks me up.?

12. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Looks like you are not a fan of the police!

I wonder what she will do when she regains consciousness.[face_thinking]

cool update. I didn't think you would post so soon. But I certainly am not complaining.

13. Zombie_Padme

Zombie_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    All of widow_skywalker's secret Obi-Wan fantasies are now coming true. Why couldn't he have crash landed up in Marquette, MI?

Finance student? That makes one's head spin.

Cannot wait for the next PM and really cute sock![face_pumpkin]

14. aldocassidy

Jun 22, 2005
    Ah, so both the SW movies and universe exist in this story (does GLucas have interstellar buddies that we don't know about?). Loved the sparring between Aila and Obi-Wan. Let's hope she's seen Episode III, so she could clue Obi into his future.

15. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    Thanks for the update Bride:D . Although, when jmsbndgrl finds out what you've done...oh well, a little friendly manipulation never hurt anyone. I myself have...oh, hi there jmsbndgrl! Um, I was just telling Bride that she should be ashamed of herself for posting early. Shame, shame, shame;) !

Well Aila, looks like you've got yourself a Jedi. Question is , now what are you going to do with him or should I say to him?;) ;)

Please add me to the PM list, I dont' want to miss any updates.

16. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Oo! Ooo! I want to be on the PM list too! Pleeeeeaase!

17. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    That girl has a short temper I tell ya!!! So, is she from the star wars universe, or is she from Earth???!!! Great post and please post soon!
    Thanks for the pm[face_peace]

18. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    Obi-wan went through a wormhole and crash landed on Earth.

19. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    i really liked this chapter. this is such a creative story on many levels. not just that he's sent to earth but there is something else, elusive, it just seems "smart". the more you connect obi wan to earth, and his growing period, you can really be a smart ass in some early chapters as Obi wan learns the ropes and really kinda pick on things in everyday life from a "different" point of view, kinda point out how some things are just completey dumb we do everyday.

your on the right path to that now. but that's just my .02

20. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Amidala66: I have no problems with the police, as long as they are doing their job. In this case, it wasn't their fault, but Aila is in denial of who Obi-Wan is. I was not initially going to post yesterday. This chapter was going to wait until Halloween. Shame on Bride_of_Obi-Wan for releasing it. [face_shame_on_you] At least I had some time to get some writing done, so it isn't a big deal that she posted. She just won't be betaing stuff for me ever again. :p

Zombie_Padme: I don't know where he crash landed. All I know is its someplace where it snows in Novemeber. So maybe it is MI. ;) We definitely don't get 16 inches of snow in Novemeber where I live. January maybe, but not November. Of course we had flurries yesterday, so that may change with how crazy the weather has been this year.

aldocassidy: Yes, the SW movies exist, but telling Obi-Wan about the future may or may not be a good thing.

HandmaidenVeme: Don't egg Bride_of_Obi-Wan on. She's been nagging me to post since I announced I was writing this on 'The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Curse.' :p This is the last time I will let her beta anything. ;) I'm assuming all the winks from you are because somebody wants a chapter with Obi-Wan in a towel :rolleyes: or a PM version (or both). Well we aren't at that point yet, and considering I have yet to write a PM version to any of my stories, I need to get considerably braver before I do that.

Jaira: I've added you to the PM list.

ChewbacaRocks: It will be made clearer as she talks with Obi-Wan, but she is from Earth.

darksideyesplease: I'm glad you approve.

21. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    First of all, big hug for PM'ing me about this fic!!!

WOW, now this is interesting!!!!

I can't wait to see where you go with this, I hope Anakin can join him soon. :)

22. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    ahaha!! obi wans ship... ahaha... he.. crash landed on..earth! omg this is so good!! ahah

[face_laugh]

23. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I can't believe Obi-wan crashed on earth!! And why do I get the feeling he's going to be snowed in with his new friend? That should be very interesting!
    Please keep me on the PM list jmsbndgrl!!

24. Darth_Polemic

Darth_Polemic Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    Thanks for informing me of this fic & it looks like going to be another good story. Possible 16 ft of snow? Cool. Sounds like obi not only crashed on Earth but in Michigan..I also think Obi & Aila will probably get snowed in :p.

25. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Anakin_Heartbreaker: You're welcome! Thanks for reading. :D

light-: Well, Obi-Wan does hate flying. Glad you enjoyed it. :D

ANAKINSBABY: I see you have taken a break from celebrating. ;) I know he's not Anakin, but would you complain to being snowed in with Obi-Wan? ;)

Darth_Polemic: 16 inches, not feet. They would definitely be snowed in if it was feet. 16 inches is bad enough, I would not wish 16 feet on anyone. [face_worried] Thanks for reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.