main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Always in Motion (AU) Obi-Wan, OFC, Anakin, Padme *Complete* 12-04-06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmsbndgrl, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    HandmaidenVeme: Nothing matters when a Sith Lord had his claws in you.

darksideyesplease: His evilnesss approves of your review. :p

joanne_jinn: Obi-Wan failed Jedi anagram class. :p

AngelQueen: Anakin did leave, we'll catch up with him on Utapau later. Next chapter if things go as planned.

EquestrianJedi07: Your answer is about to be given....

FitJedi: The answer to your questions is in the next chapter....

Star_Angel: Aila will have something to say about all this, but we aren't there yet.

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT: Well, maybe not the whole time. I'm pretty sure he took it off to shower and he probably did not sleep with it on. :p

To Everybody: Enjoy! I'll leave a comment about this chapter later.

Chapter 104: Arise Lord?.

?That I am, my young Jedi.? Palpatine replied with a malicious grin.

Obi-Wan used the Force and called his lightsaber that hung from his belt to his hand. He ignited the cerulean blade and pointed it at the Sith Lord.

?Are you going to kill me?? Palpatine asked, smirking at the blade.

?I would certainly like to.? Obi-Wan replied with menace.

?I know you would.? Palpatine answered, closing his eyes as he savored the turmoil Obi-Wan was projecting through the Force. ?I can feel your anger. It gives you focus, makes you stronger.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes widened in shock as he listened to the low growl of Palpatine?s voice and he realized that same voice had been invading his mind since the dreadful night Shmi Skywalker died.

?Why do you wish to kill me, my friend?? Palpatine replied calmly, opening his eyes to look at the Jedi Knight who was poised ready to strike him down.

?You are a Sith! You are evil!? Obi-Wan shouted.

?Really, and who was the one who threatened to kill Aila??

?You started this war! You sent Grievous after her!? Obi-Wan countered, his lightsaber shaking slightly in his hand.

?The war started on its own. The instability in the Galaxy made it happen. It was inevitable.? Palpatine countered. ?I have been working tirelessly to restore order, and make the galaxy safe once more. You have aided in that cause. And I most certainly did not send Grievous after Aila, that was Dooku?s doing. He became mad with power and tried to overthrow me.

?You lie!? Obi-Wan shouted.

?What makes you say that?? Palpatine asked calmly, seemingly amused by the Jedi?s outbursts.

?Aila showed me your plans in a holovid that showed the future. I knew what you were up to; you were trying to turn Anakin to the dark side. You are power hungry and want to take over the galaxy!?

?You saw all this in a holovid?? Palpatine answered skeptically. ?Well my Jedi friend, I am afraid it showed a clouded vision of the truth. Remember your early teachings; the future is always in motion. This holovid you saw was merely a scenario, not the truth. I ask you, have I ever harmed Aila??

Obi-Wan did not answer and Palpatine smiled when he saw the Jedi?s lightsaber dip slightly as his resolve wavered. Seeing this, Palpatine continued to speak. ?I have given her a job, provided her with a first class security team, and protected her from the Jedi Council when I could. You heard the Council members? comments on that recording.? Palpatine pointed to his data terminal. ?So who is the evil one, the Sith or the Jedi??

?You use the dark side of the Force.? Obi-Wan?s voice cracked as he provided a counter argument.

?The dark side is only evil to the Jedi, who do not understand it. The Sith utilize a broader view of the Force, a view that provides far more power than the narrow dogmatic view of the Jedi. I can teach you it; teach you what the Jedi have held back from you.? Palpatine coaxed.

?Obi-Wan, Noooooo!? Qui-Gon?s voice began, but with a wave of his hand, Palpatine manipulated the Force so that the apparition was temporarily blocked from interrupting the conversation.

Confused and at a loss for what to do, Obi-Wan

2. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    AAAHHH!!! Nooooo... I can't believe you did that!! You went there again, you made him become a Sith, after all he knows, augh he is so frustrating. I can only imagine where you go next.

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  4. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Someone needs to pick up Obi's saber and hit him over the head with it.

When was Aila's life in danger? It's not like she was going to die in childbirth like Padme? Or is Obi afraid of her dying in general so he pledged himself to Palpy?

I'm a little confused but that is normal lately.

I thought that these last two chapters were very well written Angel sister!!!

5. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004

I can count on one hand the amount of times Aila has been in danger, and some of those were her own doing. Obi-Wan is overexaggerating.

Time 1: The Jedi Council did not tell Aila about Force bonding and she nearly starved herself and lost the will to live in grief, thinking something horrible had happened to Obi-Wan. (The incident that started it all)

Time 2: When she tried to save Obi-Wan from Dooku in the hangar on Geonosis and dooku attacked her.

Time 3: Grievous captured her.

With all the stress in his life lately he's become a bit obsessive and possessive when it come to her, so his feelings have been warped into this desperate attempt to "keep her safe." This is evident in the constant blocking of her memories and his current pledge to Palpy. So you are right, at this moment he is worried about protecting her from death in general. He is also worried that after the clip Palpy played for him that the Jedi are going to try to kill her, so that is why he was inclined to join the Sith, so he could stop the Jedi.

Remember in the movie where Anakin shouts, "In my opinion the Jedi are evil." Well, someone else is going to be saying that this time. ;)

I'm going to put some more details behind Obi-Wan's thinking later on in here and in the sequel, so the confusion should clear up, but I hope this helps a little. It has been a while since some of the events above have happened so it is easy to forget them.

6. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Well, there you go, Darth Avarik is born.

I need to go back a re-read the update. I realised Obi-wan would get his sith name in the end so I read faster than usual:D . How did you come up with that one? I remember you mentioning having to come up with a name for him. (PM if you want to share;) )

I liked the update the first go round now I'l go back take my time and truly enjoy it:) .

7. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    So, how did I come up with Avarik. A lot of long nights spent with a dictionary and a thesaurus. :p

I went through every word I could think of to describe a Sith and their synonyms looking for one I liked. I decided early on that I could not call Obi-Wan "Darth Vader." That name is purely Anakin's, and Obi-Wan needed something that was uniquely his. Besides, he is a different person and his fall has been different, so they should not share the same name.

Finding a name was hard. I did not want it to be something cheesy like Darth Evil because I felt it would make Obi-Wan's fall a bit of a joke. The problem is there are a lot of synonyms for evil, greed, corruption, menace, pain, guilt, etc. That aren't very "sithly." I did all I couls to warp words around, but I didn't like anything until I found "avarice."

I liked how it rolls off the tongue easily and that by manipulating the consonants I can maintain the essence of the word while making it "sithly." About a year ago when I discovered the word I wrote it down and the name I came up for it. I continued to look for other names, but I always came back to "avarice," and grew to like it more and more as I continued to write. I read this story with a much different perspective from you all because 1) I'm writing it, and 2) I know what is going to happen. Obi-Wan's fall is multi-layered, but greed plays a big part in it.

He is greedy of:

1) Aila's opinion of him (i.e. wiping her memories)
    2) Protecting Aila, he's called her his possession or "his" a couple times now and he is going to do that again.
    3) He wants the role of Jedi Master, and is jealous of Anakin
    4) And now that he is a Sith he's going to want more things
    ***But before anyone else who is reading this panics, there is a sequel. He might have pledged himself to Palpatine, but he isn't completely gone yet. Yet being the key word. [face_devil] ***

So in the end I liked Avarice as a Sith name for Obi-Wan, so he became Darth Avarik. Actually, the biggest problem I had writing this chapter is that I am so used to typing Len Itappa, that I have to think about it now when I type Palpatine.

So that is the story behind his name. Now I have to come up with two more names for the sequel. And that is only right now, I might need more if I decide to change my ending to it. Coming up with names is harder than it looks, but destroying your favorite character is even harder. Let's face it I can turn Anakin to the dark side in a few pages. Obi-Wan took 427. :rolleyes: He's stubborn! :p

In all honesty, I knew this fic would ba a challenge because it is darker than anything I have ever written. After all, I am known for my happy endings. I know some people don't approve of what I have done to Obi-Wan, but trust me this was not easy. Each step down his dark path has been draining to write and at times difficult to put on the page, but after 427 pages of craziness I refuse to give up now. :D

I am considering on releasing a snippet from the prologue of the sequel as a teaser. Now that Obi-Wan's Sith name is revealed I can tease a bit more, but I also need to have some secrets, not everything can be as obvious as "Len Itappa." ;) Of course, the reactions would be amusing if I released it now. I'll have to think about it. [face_devil]

8. War_Child

War_Child Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    Will Palpatine learn of Alia's origins and seek more information about that "holovid"? After all, it means that someone that he doesn't know somehow knows of his dual identities.

How long till Earth gets dragged into this mess?

9. joanne_jinn

joanne_jinn Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2006
    Fine. Turn to the Dark Side then. See if I care. [face_not_talking]

[face_beatup] Seriously Obi-Wan, you IDIOT!!

10. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    I can understand why Obi-Wan turned. The Jedi are totally wrong in the way they have treated him. Their actions made him clinge even more to the only ones he feels loves and supports him. He wouldn't be so obsessive about Aila if they had treated him better nor would he have been so easily turned by Palpatine. They have definitely helped push him over the edge. Shame on them! [face_shame_on_you]

11. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I really like the name Darth Avarik and I?m glad that I got to know the story behind it, and I know that he is a hard person to come up with a name for, my Obi?s Sith name ?Darth Avius? is very similar but it has a different meaning. Well it?s of topic so back to this update, it was amazing but I couldn?t help but roll my eyes at Obi-Wan but I can?t really blame him, love does crazy things to people but I felt sorry for Qui-Gon. Thanks for the pm.

12. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    :eek: He did it. I knew it was coming, but... gaaaah! :_| I love your Sith name for him, though. Very creative [face_love] And, actually, I kinda like Dark Side Obi-Wan... tee hee hee [face_mischief]

Awesome update! Thanks for the PM! :D

13. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Wooo, yep, the long awaited finality of what I knew was coming.

Of course we don't talk as much as we use to, but I've known since you began this story over a year ago that Obi-Wan was indeed going to go to the dark side. Of course my name tells it all as I'm a big fan of the dark side and bad guy "super hero" types in movies.

The list goes on and on. Vader, Palpatine, Voldemort, Magneto, Green Goblin... I pretty much just like bad guys. Not to say that I don't like the good guys too, but I've always found bad guys more interesting in general.

So this is the moment I've been waiting for in this story and I love it. I like how you had him turn before Mace and the other Jedi knew that the Chancellor was a Sith. I'm wondering if you now will take a different approach to the Jedi Purge, and maybe it will have some of that in the sequel.

Of course my big question is, I'm not sure how many more chapters you have to before the sequel, but is there going to be a big Anakin and Avarik fight at the end of this story? Or is that going to take place in the sequel?

14. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *throws a few potted plants at Obi-Wan* YOU IDIOT! YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER IMBECILE! *flails*

*breathes* Okay, got that out. Very cool chapter! :) Obi-Wan's path is set, it seems. I wonder what will happen now... I get the feeling that Aila might suffer a similar fate to what Padme endured in the movies, only maybe a little different. We've heard some of the consequences of the whole memory repression thing, so I think that might have something to do with it.

And will there be a baby Kenobi destined to save his/her father while Anakin fulfills his destiny and brings balance to everything? Or will it all be left on the shoulders of one man, grieving over the loss of his brother and master (and even said master's wife)? *frets* This could go in so many directions...

Wonderful job! This really has me guessing! :D

15. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    :oops: NOW can I whack him?

I knew that was coming. I knew it. I didn't want it to, but there it is. Poor Aila. I vote Yoda comes and hides her somewhere. Earth, maybe? (that could be interesting)

I'm all for a teaser trailer for the sequel.

Avarik, huh? Interesting. However, I have a bit of an ingrained habit of reading words that start with "ava" as being connected to something good ("Avalon" or "Avatar", for example). I just found an interesting synonym for avarice: cupidity, from a word meaning "to desire" (like Cupid!). Fitting for our fallen lovebird, isn't it?

16. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    Oh I knew he was gonna be Darth something. :p

He knew it all along and yet he turned Darth anyway. It must be really hard to not succomb to the dark side. Can Anakin 'save' him?

17. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    The moment we have been waiting for!!!!!

=D= =D= =D=

Excellent as always!!! :)

18. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    So. There it is.[face_plain]

19. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    FitJedi: Yes, after all he knows he still became a Sith. Palpy caught him at a vulnerable time with the Jedi having pushed Obi-Wan away. Plus, his sithliness is the Master of spin, and was able to twist Obi-Wan's perception of the Sith and the Jedi despite what he knows. He does have a point, it is possible that the movie lied and the Sith aren't evil. It could have been "Jedi Propoganda." Of course it isn't and the Sith is evil and must die! [face_skull] Obi-Wan just needs someone to save him, but remember I got a whole sequel to torture him some more. [face_devil] Becoming a Sith has consequences.

G__Anakin: I've waited over a year to write it. :D

Amidala66: Just to add to the when was Aila's life in danger comment. She is in a lot more danger now. :p

HandmaidenVeme: I got two more names to come up with for the sequel (at a minimum, there may be more haven't made the final decision on that). I think I found one I like, but the second one is tricky, but I still have time for that, they don't show up immedietly in the sequel.

War_Child: Palpatine could be interested in the "holovid," to know where it came from so he could take it over. That is true, but he has to find out about that. But right now he has more important things to deal with than trying to takeover Earth. In the scheme of things, the holovids are old news, the only thing that would be useful at this point is the end of Episode VI, and maybe the fact that they should protect the thermal exhaust ports on their space stations. :p

joanne_jinn: And he's my favorite character, imagine what I would do to someone I hate. [face_skull]

Fat_Bird: True, the Council actions were not acceptable, but at the same time Obi-Wan should have known better. He knew marrying Aila could cause problems in the Council, but he gave up dealing with them. He should also never listen to the evil voices in his head. We can only hope that there is still some good in him. Maybe Aila can help him find it. Of course, she should be thrilled when she finds out what her husband did. :rolleyes:

Star_Angel: Love and the manipulations of a Sith Lord does crazy things to people. ;)

EquestrianJedi07: Well you might like dark side Obi-Wan, but what will Aila think? [face_worried]

darksideyesplease: Let's face it, you knew before "Always in Motion" existed while it was still in the planning stages. I think I told you while I was writing "The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Curse." I never thought I was going to make you wait a year for this, it just happened that way. This story will include the Jedi Purge and Mustafar. From a timing perspective it ends at the same point as the movie, but in the format of my choosing. As for how many chapters, you should know by now not to ask me that because it is always more than I say it is going to be :p. I went through the remaining plot points in my head and there are at least 6 chapters more but if the length and breadth of those chapters is too much, I will break them down smaller.

AngelQueen: Aila's memories are not harmed, so in that case she is ok (at the moment), but something about her meemories will be important soon.

Exxaciel: You can whack him, but is it wise to whack a Sith? [face_thinking] There are a lot of synonyms for avarice, some more cutesy than others. I think I've decided to tease with part of the Prologue because it does and doesn't reveal what is going to happen (figure that one out!). It will be very short only 3 paragraphs and 2 of those are ssentences of dialogue. There are only 16 paragraphs in the prologu so I don't want to post too much just yet. I have to have something to post once I start that story. :)

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT: The dark side is very seductive.

Anakin_Heartbreaker: Took me long enough. :D I blame Obi-Wan, he is a tough one to turn dark. I find he likes to fig

20. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    :eek: I...he...crap.

I really have no words, except to say that the last few posts have been awesome! Except for thw whole Obi-Wan becoming a Sith. That part...not so good.

21. Exxaciel

Mar 10, 2005
    It is fairly well known that I am somewhat lacking in common sense, but it'll make me feel better (as long as I don't diiieee.

22. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Lady_Jade: Had to happen. Obi-Wan was doomed from the start of this.

Exxaciel: He's a Sith on the edge, be careful.

To Everybody: Just returned from the movie theater, and although I hate to say this, Daniel Craig did a good job and earned the right to play James Bond. It helped that it was a much better script than Die Another Day which was a horrible movie (Brosnan did a good job, script was lousy). My only complaint with the movie is they broke from tradition in places. After 20 films, there are some things that are expected. For example the opening gun barrel sequence was changed so it no longer scrolls it just appears. Was it bad, no, but I'm a traditionalist and I noticed.

Joel Siegel said they did not play the James Bond theme during the movie except for the credits. That isn't copletely true. The Bond theme is embedded in the music, but it is subtle. It seems they did that on purpose to show that Craig had truly earned the right to play James Bond at the end. I don't see that as a major complaint. Yes, it is a little odd, but Craig was facing an uphill battle with fans like me to gain acceptance of the role. What was good about Craig's performance was he was himself and did not try to copy any of the performancces of actors before him. He played Bond his way and truly made the role his own.

Action was not lacking in the film, neither was the blood (something that is rarely seen in a Bond film), but that makes it fun. The movie did slow down a bit just before the ending, but they were setting something up, so again not a big deal. It picked up again in the end. So is Casino Royale my favorite Bond film? Probably not, I think that still goes to Goldeneye, but this was a good starting film for Daniel Craig, and as long as the scripts are good he should be able to breath new life into the franchise for years to come. That is unless Ewan McGregor decides he wants the job, and the producers give it to him. :p I can still dream. [face_batting]

Edit: Will try to get some writing done tomorrow, but something came up. My little brother has been trying to get a Nintendo Wii since the announcements came out that it was available, but by the time he has arrived at the store they had shut down the preorders and the onlne preorders (This was day 1 of preorders). So he is going to stand in line all night long tomorrow with one of his friends so that they can get Wii's. However the plan is to stand out there for 15+ hours (And it is supposed to get down to 32 degrees!). Originally they were going to take a third friend, but said friend showed their true sithly colors and tried to scalp them for saving them a spot. :rolleyes: (So much for friendship! Especially since he is going to want to play with my brother's system. :mad:) Anyways, being the warm, loving, and nurturing sister that I am [face_batting] , I am going with my brother and his friend to help them stand in line for this thing (Not the whole night, some of you know of my disdain for cold weather). I wasn't going to go because personally I don't care about a Wii, but it is important to my brother and I am not going to let his Sithly friend take advantage of him.

23. Exxaciel

Mar 10, 2005
    Okay, so why don't we transfer the whack I owe Obi-Wan to the Sithly friend of your brother's?

24. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I have a "little" brother too and I think that this "friend" needs a visit from "the Angels"!!!!

25. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Exxaciel: How about this, we whack Obi-Wan and then blame it on the friend. That way everyone is taken care of. :p

HandmaidenVeme: Well it looks like the "friend," is not a friend any longer. Which is good because cutting into my fic writing time is an offense punishable by Force lightning. [face_devil]

To Everybody: I'm home, but I'm tired and nearly frozen. My brother is currently the 7th person in line for the Wii (If anybody cares), so he just has to wait until morning. I managed to get a whopping 2 paragraphs written today and I hate them, but can't figure out how to fix them yet. I'm putting it aside for the evening. Perhaps after some rest, I'll be able to write. In the mean time, I did post the warnings about the teaser. Request it if you want, but be warned the content might upset you. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.