main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Always in Motion (AU) Obi-Wan, OFC, Anakin, Padme *Complete* 12-04-06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmsbndgrl, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    "Anakin! Drop!"

Hm, those are some familiar words. ;) Qui-Gon still looking out for him too, I take it? :)

Great chapter! Loved the differences between the fic and the movie. So Cody and the clones are the ones who finally took out the creep. And then tried to take out Anakin too. *pouts* Meanies. :mad:

Wonderful job! Can't wait to see what happens next! Perhaps Bail will still go looking for Yoda and then they'll find Anakin? Or will we be going back to Coruscant to see Obi-Wan lead the Temple Massacre? [face_worried] This can't be good... :(

2. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I noticed that too!

Great job jmsbndgrl!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

3. joanne_jinn

joanne_jinn Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2006
    Y'know, I never thought the day would come where I actually liked Anakin better than Obi-Wan. Someone get the Guiness Book of Records on the phone. :p

4. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh, this isn?t good, I hope that Anakin will be alright, I mean, he can?t die now, he needs to fight Obi-Wan, j/k, no, but he have to try and help.

Another great update and I can?t wait until I get to see how things will go, thanks for the pm.

5. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Okay, so they weren't snipers. Ah, well. Nice work as usual.

6. Obi-Can

Obi-Can Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2002
    Great action. Loved the difference in the fights between Grevious and Anakin and Obi-Wan and Grevious. Obi-Wan had a little more style and less help. Not looking forward to the temple scene (well maybe a little).

However, I don't believe that any version of Obi-Wan is going to kill younglings no matter how warped, and he's really not that warped in this story -- he still making alot more sense than Anakin did at this stage. Killing children is just not in the man's realm of believable posssibilities. It's sort of like when you hypnotize someone or brainwash them, you can't make them do something that is outside or goes against their basic character and moral fiber. Obi-Wan would kill himself and his wife before killing children, well for that matter I don't believe he would kill Yoda.

7. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    Oh gosh, I'm glad Anakin escaped, but I'm still worried about him [face_worried] I'm glad Qui-Gon is still out there, though :D

Thanks for the PM! And I hope you have a good Thanksgiving! [face_chicken] (that's the closest I could come to a turkey... hehe :p)

8. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    So the clones killed Grievous? My first thought is that Obi-Wan warned Anakin to drop but then again maybe it was Qui-Gon.
    MMmmmmm[face_thinking]

9. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. can not wait for the next post.

10. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    AHHHHHH!!!!!

Great chapter!!

11. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    G__Anakin: It gets worse.

Amidala66: Anakin is in better shape than some Jedi. The clones seem to forget that he is the best pilot in the galaxy.

FitJedi: Next part is more intense, that is why it took longer to post. It was emotionally draining to write.

AngelQueen: There were a couple Episode I lines in there. I try to integrate film and my fics where I can. I am changing the story, but in the end it is still Star Wars, just an extremely warped version.

HandmaidenVeme: :)

joanne_jinn: What is hard about this fic is Obi-Wan is my favorite Jedi Knight, and I've had to destroy him.

Star_Angel: Anakin isn't dying... yet... I still need him. ;)

Exxaciel: Not snipers, but at least the clones made themselves useful.

Obi-Can: Anakin doesn't have the same style as Obi-Wan, so I could not justify having the Grievous fight match the movie. Needed a change, just as the Temple purge will change too. As for your youngling comment, I'm going to have to quote a Sith Lord from the Original Trilogy for this: "You do not know the power of the dark side." In short, he must obey his Master. :( I agree that Obi-Wan Kenobi would not kill younglings, but that is Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Darth Avarik is a little different (His Master is very persuasive). Darth Avarik is going to be posed with a similar situation as Darth Vader was. The question is will he fight the darkness, or no? Both have consequences. And also, Avarik would most certainly not kill Aila over a youngling. Even if Aila was pleading him to do it, he would not kill her, he is too possessive of her right now. At least that is where he is at this point in time, he has evolved and will continue to do so in this story and in its sequel. The only words I can leave you with is that no matter what happens, I write it for a reason. Everything is either buildup for later, or it will cycle back and be key for later. Any decision Avarik makes about the younglings is one of those cycling back ones, so it will crop up multiple times.

EquestrianJedi07: Well, Qui-Gon has to save someone. He didn't do a very good job with Obi-Wan. Granted that is because Obi-Wan wasn't listening.

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT: Warning was from Qui-Gon, that will crop up later. Think end scenes of ROTS.

Tatooine_Ghost: Thanks for reading.

Jaira: It gets worse. Much worse. [face_worried]

To Everybody: First, Happy Thanksgiving! Second, a warning: Next chapter is dark and is going to be upsetting. This is the Jedi Purge at the Temple to give you all an idea as to its content. Third, special thanks go to darksideyesplease for some advice on one scene's editing. Fourth, this was an emotionally draining post to write, so I can only imagine what it is going to be like to read it. The only bright spot is that after being absent for a few chapters, Aila will be in the next chapter. Of course, that might not be a good thing given the circumstances. [face_worried]

Chapter 106: The Purge (Part 2)

Darth Avarik marched towards the Jedi Temple, his lightsaber hilt firmly held in his hand and his eyes flashing a dangerous shade of amber. Behind him, a battalion of clone troopers followed him, weapons drawn and ready to strike. The clones and been called for by Chancellor Palpatine and had been ordered by the Galactic leader to follow Avarik?s instructions.

The Jedi Temple was quiet as it was late in the evening. Most of the Jedi inhabiting it were asleep in their beds, but there were a few stragglers wandering the halls. However, the Sith apprentice was shielding himself to prevent his former comrades from feeling his presence. His cloaking was a necessary strategy if he was to maintain the upper hand in this plot. The Jedi had crossed him for the last time and tonight he would ensure they could not harm another soul again. Their threat against Aila was their crime and Avarik had come to

12. joanne_jinn

joanne_jinn Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2006
    *stares sulkily at Obi-Wan* Ah well. It's not an elaborate practical joke then. [face_not_talking]

I'm not exactly sorry about Mace Windu and Ki-Adi Mundi though. I never forgave Mace for that "I don't believe the Sith could have returned...." line and Ki-Adi Mundi always sounds so patronising... And they haven't been very nice to Aila!

But uh.... maybe Avarik's approach wasn't the best he could have taken..... :(

13. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Even Aila?s holovids had shown that. However, the Sith never threatened Aila, it was the Jedi who did that.

Yet, I doubt that Sid or any other Sith Lord would feel much regret if Aila accidentally died or got hurt. Poor Obi-Wan, he should have left the Order with Aila.

Avarik screamed out in agony and without realizing what he had done, swung his blade at the young child. The youngling never saw the attack coming and was unable to stop Avarik?s cerulean blade from moving towards him and ending his life. It happened so quickly, the youngling never registered that his murderer was a man he greatly admired.

Damn you Obi-Wan, why are you always so weak? *calms down* ok, that was just so sad and that Obi-Wan was his idol which made it even worst.

?You should have listened to Kenobi, but now he is mine. You destroyed the Jedi Order over your refusal to accept a woman. I will let him keep her until I deem her usefulness is fulfilled. That shouldn?t take long.? Sidious hissed.

I knew that Sid would say something like that, or at least do something like that. Now I really feel sorry for Obi-Wan.

This update was amazing yet sad, thanks for the pm and now I can?t wait until I get to see more, I hope that Obi-Wan won?t hurt Padmé and the twins if he goes to find Aila, if she is with Padmé that is, although, the twins are force sensitive and I wouldn?t put it past him.

14. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    Wow that was dark. At any point will Anakin confront Obi-Wan/Avarik?

15. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    ?You should have listened to Kenobi, but now he is mine. You destroyed the Jedi Order over your refusal to accept a woman. I will let him keep her until I deem her usefulness is fulfilled. That shouldn?t take long.?

*snorts* Much as I hate to admit it, Sidious was right. In this case, the Order's downfall is caused by their refusal to accept one young woman whose only 'crime' was to love a Jedi Knight. They spelled their own downfall. Some things never change.

So, Sidious is only going to let Obi-Wan keep Aila for a time? Why do I get a feeling that that time will be even shorter than he originally thought? :(

Great job! The Jedi are being slaughtered, Anakin's been injured but he still escaped. I wonder if Aila's seen the attack on the Temple yet. Might jar a few more memories loose if she sees that. I wonder if that might be the final straw for her blocked memories? Or will the block last until Mustafar (if there is still going to be a confrontation there)?

Wonderful chapter! :)

16. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    :)

:_|

Great Chapter

17. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think Obi-Wan's turn in this story is more understandable and believable than Anakin's in ROTS. You've done a great job showing the Jedi hurting Obi-Wan to the point where they fed his obsession with Aila and fueled his turn to the dark side. Excellent story.

18. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    great update, and the part with killing Mace had a nice sadistic twist to it. Not too gruesome but pretty darn sadistic IMO, I liked it.

Obi-Wan and Anakin are going to have one hell of a fight.

19. SKYWALKER024

SKYWALKER024 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2006
    Brilliant update. Another one soon?

I hate Obi-Wan for what he has done though. He has been blinded by Len Itappa

20. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    Obi-Wan... killed... a child! :_| I thought that, even in his Sith-ly state, he wouldn't do that! Although, I will say, I think Master Windu deserved what was coming to him [face_devil]

Very sad to read... but I thought you did an excellent job :) Thanks for the PM!

21. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:_|

22. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    ?You should have listened to Kenobi, but now he is mine. You destroyed the Jedi Order over your refusal to accept a woman. I will let him keep her until I deem her usefulness is fulfilled. That shouldn?t take long.? Sidious hissed.

This was my favorite line of the post. Simple direct and true!
    Next Anakin returns correct?

23. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I liked this quote too. A little foreshadowing perhaps? I can't believe Obi killed a youngling. You did a great job showing his inner struggle at that time.

It was one heck of a post.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving Surprise!

24. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    :eek: !

A gruesome and shocking update!
    Bravo, you did a great job!!!!!

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Obi-wan's fall to the darkside was worse than Anakin's(I know you understand where I'm coming from in this)... and his killing of the youngling:_| was disturbing. He knew it was wrong, he second guessed it, he argued with his new master about it, and yet he still followed through with it!

This definitely was an emotional read and I know how you feel about your Obi-wan so you must be exhausted!!!Hope you're able to recover from this 'cause you know we can't wait for the next upate!!!

Take care and get some rest!

25. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    I agree with the gruesome description. A very intense chapter. [face_worried]

*Naroko goes into hiding, hauling a panicking Ari by the tail.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.