main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Always in Motion (AU) Obi-Wan, OFC, Anakin, Padme *Complete* 12-04-06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmsbndgrl, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Poor Anakin! The Counsel is sticking it to him yet again! It seems that they do these things to him deliberately just to see how far they can go before he snaps...but still, if anyone can get to Obi-wan It's Anakin.

2. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Poor Anakin. Seems the council has let him down again! At least Obi-wan has made the best of his situation. But I doubt he and Aila will be able to keep denying their feelings.

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply to the last couple of posts. I had to have my appendics removed on 11/27 and I'm still not fully recovered.

3. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    How typical of the Council!!!!!

Instead of finding Obi-Wan, they stick to their favorite pass time, having a go at Anakin!!!!

I feel really bad for Aila, Obi-Wan, and Anakin. Can't wait for more!!!! :)

4. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Lady_Jade: Ah! The closet idea. I can tell you from personal experience that doesn't always have the desired effect.

LeiaPadmeSkywalker: If Anakin does not know what he is doing, then there may be 2 stranded Jedi on Earth.

Jaira: The Council has a tendency to ignore Anakin.

ChewbacaRocks: Padme will show up eventually. Right now Anakin is sixteen years old, so we are between The Phantom Menca and Attack of the Clones. Anakin has not reunited with her yet. This story will go through both AOTC and ROTS, so Padme will show up, I promise. :D She will only be a secondary character since this story focuses on Obi-Wan and Aila, but she will make an appearance. You'll have to wait and see if Aila's meeting with Obi-Wan will change the events that happen in Star Wars, or if tragedy will continue.

Amidala66: [face_laugh] We have to make sure that Obi-Wan is causing enough of a distraction to keep Aila motivated to clean.

HandmaidenVeme: The Council is going to do a lot of stupid things before this story is finished.

ANAKINSBABY: Not only have they let Anakin down, but they've let Obi-Wan down too. They have just left him for dead. Luckily his situation isn't that bad. Hope you feel better. [:D]

Anakin_Heartbreaker: The Council has to pick on someone, it is a rule.

5. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Great story so far! As usual, the Jedi Council is useless. Aila and Obi-Wan are quite cute together though, especially Obi's slow adaptation to our way of life. I wonder what would happen if he ever ran into Ewan. Awkward wouldn't even begin to describe that encounter.

6. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    aldocassidy: An encounter with Ewan would be awkward. Luckliy for Obi-Wan, that doesn't happen in this story. He has enough awkward moments with Aila as it is.

To Everybody: So I don't get accused of spamming anybody, I am updating my PM list. If you want to stay on it, just leave me a message in your reply. If I don't hear from you, I'll assume you want off the PM list. Hope you all enjoy this chapter, next one should hopefully be up in a couple days.

Chapter 13: The Charity Call

Except for the hours in which Anakin had to spend in meetings with Masters Yoda and Windu he busily searched for a way to rescue Obi-Wan. By day he scanned various star charts looking for another way to get around the wormhole. While at night when the rest of the Jedi Temple was asleep, he would go to the Temple hangar and try to find a way to make his starfighter strong enough to withstand the force of the wormhole. Based on his research, it looked like the wormhole was the only way to get to his master, so modifying his ship became a top priority.

Anakin had wished he could confer with Chancellor Palpatine. Although he was unsure that his mentor could provide him any assistance in locating Obi-Wan, Anakin would have liked to talk to someone about his plans. The Chancellor had never judged him and had been very supportive of Anakin as he progressed through the Jedi Order. Whenever Anakin was frustrated by the order, the Chancellor always knew what to say to cheer him up.

Anakin was silently creeping towards the hangar bay to continue working on his ship this evening and again wished he could ask the Chancellor for some advice. With Obi-Wan missing, the Chancellor was the only mentor that Anakin felt he had left. He was not happy with the Jedi Council?s decision to abandon his master and was unsure if he would ever trust them again.

Anakin sighed as he walked around the ship, considering what he could do to it. Even though he wanted to talk to the Chancellor, he knew that he could not. Leaving the temple for the Chancellor?s office would bring too much attention to him and raise some eyebrows. Anakin was already pressing his luck by sneaking out of his room every evening to work on his ship and he was trying to keep his plans a secret. He knew that if the Jedi Council was aware of what he was doing, they would stop him and all would be lost for Obi-Wan.

Aila had just finished cleaning the living room for a sixth time when her phone rang.

?Hello?? She said as she answered the phone.

?Hello Aila? This is Becky.? A voice replied over the phone.

Aila smiled at the sound of her friend?s voice. Becky was not only Aila?s friend, but was also the coordinator of some of the education funds Aila had set up. Aila trusted Becky and their close relationship facilitated a productive working environment. ?What?s going on?? Aila asked cheerily.

?I have bad news about the charity ball for the history fund.? Becky stated slowly, trying to soften the news for her friend.

?What is it?? Aila asked puzzled.

?Well, three people from the fund caught the flu and they won?t be able to attend. So now I am the only one on the staff who will be there. I know you had a bad experience last year, but I need some help can you please come?? Becky said with desperation.

Images from last year?s event flashed through Aila?s mind. The charity ball was a dance event. At the beginning of the night traditional waltzes would be played. Donations would have to be made by the people present to change the music to more contemporary songs and dances. The event had been a great success and had raised a lot of money for the charity because it drew a large crowd of both young and old people. Aila had been excited to attend the event last year because not only was she supporting her charity, but she also loved to dance. Unfortunately, she had not found the event enjoyable because she had found herself the object of every sleazy man?s desire. They were less interested in helping others and

7. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Woohoo! A ball!! We get to see Obi dance!!

8. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    Obi-Wan watched her leave him and felt bad that he had inadvertently caused problems for Aila. He slowly turned towards the front door and as he walked outside to work on his ship some more he whispered, ?I?m sorry, Aila.?

Oh, don't worry Obi-Wan, it's not your fault! True Aila does have good reason not to want to go...but Obi-Wan was just being his kind self.

still, I think it'll be ok. And the dance should prove to be very interesting. :)

oh, and please keep me on the PM list! I'm just loving this story.

9. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    I feel bad for Obi now!! It wasn't his fault but Alli was just a little head strong. Hopefully all goes well though!!

Thanks for the post and please post soon[face_praying]

Thanks for the pm and info on Padme. I take it that this is going to be a long fic! Yea[face_peace]

Please Keep me on the pm list

10. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Please keep me on the list.[face_praying] I don't want to miss a post.

Why does Anakin have to go seek out Palpatine? For all we know, he could have conjured up the wormhole to get rid of Obi Wan so he could have more opportunities with Anakin.

Can't wait to see how Obi and Aila are at the dance.

Nice update, jmsbndgrl.=D=

11. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    Keep me on the PM list, please! (i know my replies have been sporadic, but you know DRL at the end of the semester...)

12. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    Becky sure is in for a suprise!!

Keep me on your PM list please!!!!!

13. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Jaira: Yes, they are going to a ball, but will Aila let Obi-Wan participate? ;)

Lady_Jade: The event might not be as bad as last year with Obi-Wan around.

ChewbacaRocks: This fic is already longer (at least from a chapter standpoint) than 'The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Curse,' and it is going to get a lot longer. I'll be writing it for a while.

Amidala66: Palpatine did not conjure up the wormhole, but Palpatine has to be in this fic, its important.

widow_skywalker: I hate the end of the semester. :mad: Everything is due and then there are final exams. Yuck! Good luck with all your end of semester work.

HandmaidenVeme: Becky won't be as surprised as you think.

To Everybody: Everyone I replied to above is still on the PM list. The next chapter might be up late tonight, but probably not until tomorrow. Next chapter is a little boring, because it is pre-charity ball stuff. The charity ball itself will come after that and I am debating on cutting that into two chapters because it is out of control at the moment since a lot of stuff happens at the ball.

edit: It is really out of control. :p It is funny how things evolve and change when you write them. So the ball will be split into multiple chapters. Obi-Wan and Aila have been busy. ;)

One more note, Christmas will be written into this fic. It is an important part of this story. However, I do not know if I will be ready to post the Christmas chapter(s) in time for the holidays because DRL is evil. So just to let you know, Obi-Wan and Aila might be celebrating Christmas after the rest of us.

14. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    To Everybody: Took a break from DRL for a moment. Like I said before, this chapter is Pre-ball backstory. The next two chapters after this will deal with the ball (and will be longer). I have a project to do tomorrow and exams to study for next week, but I think I may be able to post at least one chapter in between all that.

Chapter 14: Preparing for the Ball

Obi-Wan fidgeted slightly in the sitting room while he waited for Aila to get ready for the charity ball. He had finished what work he could do on his ship early so that he could shower and get ready for the event. He still was not able to adapt the Earth materials to work on his ship. He was extremely frustrated, but was hoping that going to this event with Aila would help him. He would not be working on the problem, but he knew that sometimes solutions could come when you stepped away from the problem for a moment. He hoped that going to the event tonight would allow him to have a fresh look at the problem tomorrow.

Aila had briefly described the details of the ball to Obi-Wan. She explained that it wasn?t an overly formal event, but that he would need to dress nicely. Luckily, Aila had purchased Obi-Wan a dressier outfit when they had gone shopping together. He was dressed in a pair of black dress slacks and a silk button down shirt that was also black. He had buttoned the shirt up all the way, and found it slightly uncomfortable, but would deal with it for Aila.

Aila had told him that the event was a dance, but she could not adequately describe the dancing that would be done. The earlier dances sounded like they were similar to the courtly dances of Coruscant high society, but Obi-Wan was not sure. However, he had no idea what the later dances of the evening were like because Aila always seemed to stutter and blush when she tried to describe them. So Obi-Wan felt a bit lost about what was going to be happening tonight. However, he doubted that he would be participating much in the night?s festivities.

When Obi-Wan tried to press Aila for more information about the event, she simply said that he would not have to worry about it because he could stay off to the side during the evening and watch the festivities. Aila had stated with some hope that she felt she could escape the event earlier if Obi-Wan was off to the side. In response, Obi-Wan had tried to ask her why she would want to ?escape,? but could never get a straight answer from her. So all he knew was that he was to spend the night watching the dancing and that if anyone asked him, his name was Ben and he was from Europe. Aila had warned that giving away his identity could make people nervous if they knew he was a Jedi. Obi-Wan had been a little unsure of this deception, but Aila had seemed so insistent that he did not argue with her. After all, she lived on the planet and had a better idea of its traditions and customs than him.

Obi-Wan sighed as he waited for Aila to emerge from her room. He had not seen her all day because he had spent most of it working on his ship, while she prepared things for the evening. He had even made lunch by himself because she had locked herself in her room to begin her own preparations.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Obi-Wan heard the door to Aila?s bedroom open. He walked away from the sofa he had been standing near, and glanced down the adjoining hallway to greet her.

Obi-Wan was taken aback by the vision of beauty that was walking down the hallway towards him. Aila was wearing a dark sapphire colored dress trimmed in silver. The left side of the skirt of her dress was cut at her knee, while the right side came to mid calf. From the bottom of the lowest point of the skirt, a three-inch wide silver strip of glitter ran up the dress and around her figure halting at her left shoulder. The stripe seemed to accentuate Aila?s curves and enhance her beauty. Attention was drawn to the top of the rounded v-neck dress by a simple sapphire pendant that hung from a silver chain around her neck. She

15. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    That was cute. I needed that right now, because I am having a bad day and I'm swamped with Homework! I'm ready to rip my head off! and I am so tired tooI-) , but this post really woke my up and made me smile too:) . Thanx for the pm and please post soon[face_peace]

16. Lady_Jade

May 22, 2004
    nice scene w/ Obi-Wan and Alia [face_love]

i love the description of the dress.....i want one! ;)

bring on the dance (can't you just see Obi-Wan trying to dance to hip-hop or something [face_plain] [face_laugh]

17. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005

LOL!!! That's hilarious, Lady_Jade!!

As for this chapter, :* ! It was so sweet!

18. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    Since I've never heard of a Charity Ball that did not serve alcohol, I have a feeling that Obi-wan will not be standing off to the side for long.

( I spelled heard h-e-r-d:p )

19. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    They're going to the ball!! Somehow I think they will end up dancing in each others arms....[face_love]

Please keep me on the PM list!! I didn't have a chance to reply until now because I'm still moving at like half speed! I'm definitely on the mend though and coincidentally I feel better every time there's an update on this story!!:p

20. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Please don't take me off the list, you know that DRL is kicking my butt. I love this fic!!!! And any other work of yours. :)

I throughly enjoyed the scene with Becky, it was very well written.

Can't wait for more.

21. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    ChewbacaRocks: I think it is a rule that during this time of year, people must be swamped with work

Lady_Jade: I'm glad you liked the dress. I have a tendency not to discuss clothing if I can keep from it, but I knew everyone would want to know what she is wearing so I included it. I also wish I owned that dress. As far as I know, that dress does not exist because it is a conglomeration of 3 dresses I own and one I saw someone else wear once.

Jaira: I believe both you and Lady_Jade will be highly disappointed by chapter 15. Obi-Wan doesn't dance in it. Now chapter 16 is another story. [face_whistling]

HandmaidenVeme: There will be alcohol, but surprisingly Obi-Wan won't drink that much. He's going to be preoccupied.

ANAKINSBABY: Trying to get me to post because it makes you feel better doesn't work. The post has to be written first. Otherwise, with that logic a certain sequel of mine will already be posted. However, I am glad that you are feeling better. [:D] I do have the next chapter ready, so here it is to brighten your day. I'll try to have Ch. 16 up when I'm not focused on schoolwork. By the way, I've kept you on the PM list.

Anakin_Heartbreaker: Thanks for reading. :D You are still on the PM list.

To Everybody: 1 more class, 3 exams, and school is done for the semester. :D But, I'm not counting. :p On a story note, I am quite aware that chapters 14-16 could have been combined into 1 long chapter, but I have my reasons for splitting them up. The second part of the ball will be next chapter, so if you weren't excited by what happened in this chapter, just wait maybe you'll get your wishes answered with chapter 16. I plan on doing no schoolwork today, so hopefully I'll have the chapter up soon, but I am starting the sequel (no not posting, just writing) to 'The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Curse,' so it depends on which fic I'm more inspired to write on tonight. If you don't hear from me its because I am studying (like I'm supposed to). [face_whistling] Schoolwork does have to come first, some of the time. ;)

Chapter 15: The Charity Ball

Obi-Wan had watched Aila?s smile fade as they got nearer and nearer to their destination. He could also sense a bit of annoyance and anger from her as they entered a large and very crowded nightclub. In the center of the club was a large dance floor where several people were mingling and chatting. In the back of the room, a DJ was setting up for the evening?s festivities. On both the left and right hand sides of the room were two bars that were providing refreshments for the assembled guests.

Aila directed Obi-Wan toward the bar on the left hand side.

?Hi Aila!? A young woman behind the bar called out.

?Hi Becky.? Aila said pleasantly as she hid her annoyance at being at the event.

Becky had long hair like Aila?s except it was a couple shades darker than hers. Her skin was also paler than Aila?s, but she seemed to be a nice person. Tonight, Becky was dressed in a simple red dress. She was not dressed as elegantly as Aila, but she would be tending the bar for the evening rather than out on the dance floor. Becky could not dance at all. Rhythm was not her specialty.

?Who is you friend?? Becky asked Aila as she eyed Obi-Wan.

?This is Ben. As I told you earlier, he?s a friend from out of town.? Aila gestured towards Obi-Wan. Then she drew her attention to Obi-Wan and said, ?Ben, this is my good friend Becky.?

?Pleasure to meet you, milady.? Obi-Wan stated as he took Becky?s hand in his and politely kissed the back of it.

Aila knew Obi-Wan was only being polite, but she could not help her feelings of resentment that Obi-Wan had kissed Becky?s hand. Obi-Wan could feel Aila projecting anger toward him after he greeted Becky, and quietly so that Becky would not hear, asked, ?Are you alright??

?Yes, I?m fine.? Aila replied trying to reign in her feelings. ?You don?t have to be formal with her ei

22. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I can't wait to see what Obi Wan does next.
    This was a great chapter.

Good luck on your tests and study hard.

23. Lady_Jade

May 22, 2004
    Ah, more Obi-Wan and Aila mush!!!! :*

methinks something might happen........ :)

24. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Hmm...is he going to hip-hop now?

25. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    Aww...Her knight in shining armor. I'm sure Obi-wan will make her smile:) .

(What I'd give to see Obi-wan do the running-man![face_laugh] )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.