main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Always in Motion: If You Love Me - Obi-Wan (Darth Avarik), OFC - Important Announcement

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmsbndgrl, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Title: Always in Motion: If You Love Me
    Author: JmsBndGrl
    Genre: Romance, Drama, Angst, and Alternative Universe
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Darth Avarik), Aila Bennet-Kenobi (OFC), Anakin, Padmé, other familiar faces and a few new ones as well.
    Summary: The Sequel to Always in Motion. Is there any hope for the galaxy after the rise of the Sith? Is Obi-Wan Kenobi gone, consumed by Darth Avarik? Will he find his way back towards the light?
    Timeframe: Starts just after the events of Always in Motion (Post ROTS)
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars. I?m just borrowing George Lucas?s characters for a bit. Aila is mine and has come out to play with George?s characters. There will be a couple other original characters (that are mine) too, but I am not ready to announce them yet.
    Note: If you have not done so already, you probably should read Always in Motion, before reading this story. It will make a lot more sense if you do.

To Everybody: As promised, here is the first post to Always in Motion's sequel. For those reading my Christmas story, I will be working on that over the weekend, so there will be a bit of a gap until the next post in this thread.

Prologue:

?Obi-Wan, I love you.? Darth Avarik clenched his eyes shut as he was assailed with another painful memory from that agonizing night on Mustafar. He had used his Force abilities to knock Aila, his wife, out until he had dealt with Anakin. No harm was to come to her, but fate had other ideas.

Avarik had not been strong enough to best his former apprentice in a duel. His failure had led to the grievous injuries he had sustained and the loss of the love of his life. He had trusted his former apprentice to take care of his wife, but Anakin?s allegiance had been to the Jedi Order and he seemed to have no problem in ending Aila?s life.

Avarik pounded his fist into the wall of the Star Destroyer he was on, startling the crew onboard. A large dent was evident in the wall from his show of aggression. Avarik had used his left hand, his good hand, to pummel the wall. A normal man would have felt great pain from such an impact, but the Sith Lord was too consumed with the tragedy in his life to notice. He had felt great pain at the loss of his legs and right arm on Mustafar, but no agony was more intense than the loss of his beloved wife. Avarik?s grief overrode any pain he attempted to inflict on himself.

The crew of the Star Destroyer scurried away from the Sith, intent on not falling victim to his wrath. The Emperor?s second in command had a very short temper and had made that known in the few days he had been onboard the ship. The dark figure had killed five crewmembers since coming onboard, two for ineptitude and three for smiling. No one onboard the Star Destroyer was sure what the Sith had against the expression of joy and happiness, but all quickly learned to keep their expressions neutral in his presence.

One week ago, Darth Avarik would have seen nothing wrong with a show of happiness. It was about that time he had announced to his wife that the Clone Wars had ended. After her initial shock faded and he witnessed the happiness this news evoked in her, Avarik knew that was all he needed to justify his actions. However, he would never feel her joy again. The Jedi had ensured that.

Avarik shut his eyes once more as his pain and grief threatened to overwhelm him. He knew he could not show weakness to the crew so he quickly moved to a more secluded area.

In a deserted strategy room, Avarik locked himself inside so that he could allow tears to fall from his eyes. He walked to a nearby viewport in order to gaze at something that would take his mind off his tragedy. However, all he saw was the emptiness of space, an emptiness that mimicked the feelings within his heart and soul. To make matters worse, he could vividly recall the words that instigated his anguish:

?Where is Aila? Is she safe? Is she all right??

?It se

2. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Start! I love it already![face_love]

Evil Obi-Wan [face_pig] He's evil!=D= Never would of thought it possible!!

My 1800th post, an important milestone for me!8-}

3. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    oh crap......

where did our Obi-Wan go??!! Darn Palpatine..... :mad:

great start jmsbndgrl!!! I can't wait to see how this is going to go.

4. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    Eeeek! I'm loving this already... I really hope Obi-Wan can come back, though [face_praying] So this was a great way to celebrate today... I just found out that I've been accepted to Duke University! [face_dancing]

Awesome update... thanks for the PM :D

5. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Congrats on beginning the sequel![face_dancing]

You are off to a great start.
    Obi has really fallen hard. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this now.

6. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Yay, it's here!!!!

And I thought Obi-wan was at his lowest before! He's really sunk to his lowest now!!!!!

Aila was an innocent and did not deserve to die.

How can he think this and then decide to kill Padme and the babies all in the same chain of thought?
    He worries me, he's soooo unstable[face_worried] .

Great begining!!!!!!

(ps- I got the PM. That was pretty cool what you did and I'm honored:) . Thanks friend!!)

7. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    GOing to have to say that Avarik is one ticked off guy right now... I have a feeling things are going to get a little hairy in this story. Please keep me on the pm list.

8. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Anakin Skywalker would rue the day he decided to betray his former master. Avarik would ensure Skywalker felt the same pain he did at losing his loved ones. Skywalker?s family would be hunted and killed; Padmé in retaliation for Aila?s death and then Luke and Leia for the children Avarik would never have. When he was finished, Avarik would ensure that Skywalker felt the same lonely despair he felt at the loss of Aila and the future he could have had with her. He would relish in Skywalker?s pain and have it feed his own power before finally ending the life of his betrayer.

Anakin is going to have alot to worry about. I wonder how Alia is doing?

9. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    Hey, I am so happy to see the sequel up and started. I really liked the chapter. Can not wait for the next chapter. I wonder if Always in Motion II is going Always Posting II. :) [face_laugh]

10. Kiki_Firestar

Kiki_Firestar Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2006
    Wow! Cool story!

Obi-Wan evil?! [face_thinking]

LOVE IT!!!!

I'm new, but this is a good fic!!!

11. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    WOOT! it's up! harray hurray hurray!

12. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    good to see this story get underway.

nice prologue showing us where the story will now be heading.

13. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    I like this, please PM me with updates

14. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Very good start!!!!

Keep up the good work :D :D

Eg

15. DarthSilious

DarthSilious Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2006
    Excellent, the sequel! [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

Been looking forward to this one since I read Always in Motion.

Keep up the good work jmsbndgrl. =D=

Looking forward to the next update. Hope it isn't too long away. [face_praying];)

16. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I loved it, I loved it, I loved it?

It was an amazing start jmsbndgrl.

Anakin Skywalker would rue the day he decided to betray his former master. Avarik would ensure Skywalker felt the same pain he did at losing his loved ones. Skywalker?s family would be hunted and killed; Padmé in retaliation for Aila?s death and then Luke and Leia for the children Avarik would never have. When he was finished, Avarik would ensure that Skywalker felt the same lonely despair he felt at the loss of Aila and the future he could have had with her. He would relish in Skywalker?s pain and have it feed his own power before finally ending the life of his betrayer.

Oh no, bad Obi-Wan, I really hope that he won?t succeed with that.

Please keep me on the pm list and thanks for the pm.

17. Anakinfan2006

Anakinfan2006 Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2006
    love your story!!

what will aila reaction news that she is pregnant???

will aila and ben meet before aila get bith???

18. joanne_jinn

joanne_jinn Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2006
    Ooooh, so glad to see the sequel! [face_dancing]

I'm hooked already. :)

*Kicks Palpatine* That's what I think of YOU! *Kicks him again*

;)

19. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    That was a rather emotional post. I would love to wack Obi-Wan over the head right now.

But that was a really good opening. =D=

Please let me know when you update.

20. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    and so it continues.... Oh I do hope that Avarik discovers the truth soon...

21. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Yay! It has started! Part of me wishes that I hadn't found this right before my hiatus... now I have to wait an entire month to find out what happens next! :mad: You'd better have a lot of posts done by time I get back [face_shame_on_you] :p

A normal man would have felt great pain from such an impact, but the Sith Lord was too consumed with the tragedy in his life to notice. He had felt great pain at the loss of his legs and right arm on Mustafar, but no agony was more intense than the loss of his beloved wife.

Oh, that was so sad and only shows how deep love is... he was ruined but could only think of her.

?Where is Aila? Is she safe? Is she all right??

?It seems that in his escape, young Skywalker killed her.?

Now, that was a wicked twist on the original quote, my dear! So very brutal...

Skywalker?s family would be hunted and killed; Padmé in retaliation for Aila?s death and then Luke and Leia for the children Avarik would never have.

I gasped aloud at that! Will he eventually find out that not all is lost!

An excellent post! I'd say more, but I have so much to do before I leave!

Have a Merry Christmas! [:D]

22. JENNA

JENNA Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    Hello, I found Always in Motion and loved it-- I'm glad that you're doing a sequel!! Good work on both stories!

23. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    G__Anakin: He's evil, but is he truly evil? Maybe he'll calm down when and if he finds out Aila is alive...maybe. :p

Lady_Jade: Aila's would ask that question too, but she thinks he is dead, but we'll get into that in chapter 1.

EquestrianJedi07: Congratulations on your acceptance to Duke. Based on your enthusiasm I think that is the one you wanted? Even if it is not, it is nice when you have at least one acceptance letter, it takes the pressure off. Even if you are confident you get in, I know there is always a feeling of pressue and acceptance letters are always nice. So congrats again! :)

Amidala66: Believe it or not, he hasn't hit rock bottom yet. It gets worse! :p

HandmaidenVeme: Like I said to Angel #2, he hasn't sunk to his lowest yet. It gets worse! [face_worried]

FitJedi: Yes, he's ticked off now, but I can make him angrier. [face_mischief]

obsessedwithSW: In "Always in Motion," the Prologue started with Aila and then Chapter 1 was about Obi-Wan. This time they are flip flopped, the Prologue deals with Obi-Wan and Chapter 1 will deal with Aila. The begininning of this story is a bit complicated because I have people spread all over the place. It is much easier when they are in the same general location, but that isn't how things worked out.

Tatooine_Ghost: I will not be always posting, like I did with the first one. DRL won't let me do that. Actually there were only two reasons I was posting as much as I did on the first one at the end. First, I want to touch on Christmas time a bit at the beginning of this and I like to have the story sink up with the time period we are in, if possible. I'm going to be cutting it a bit close in this case, but that is ok, it really isn't "Christmas," that is important in this story, rather an event that happened in the first story at "Christmas" time. Second reason I was posting is that Anakin_Heartbreaker was leaving the boards and since he had been reading "Always in Motion," since day 1, I felt the need to give that story a conclusion before he left. So no, I will not post all the time. Actually for the first 2-3 weeks in January you all will be lucky to hear from me as I will be in the middle of a busy accounting period at work.

Kiki_Firestar: Thanks for reading. Just to let you know, because I can't tell by your post what you have done. This is the sequel to my fic "Always in Motion." In that story it explains how Obi-Wan went from a noble Jedi Knight to a vile Sith Lord. Some things may be recapped in the course of writing this, but not to a great extent or we would be here forever. "Always in Motion," is 478 pages long (on Microsoft Word). So I recommend that you read that story so you are not lost over here (if you have not done so already).

palpyisgod2: Thanks for reading. :)

darksideyesplease: Now the big question is, how long will this one be? :p

DarthVaderette: You are added to the PM list, but I am going to leave you with the advice I left for Kiki_Firestar. If you have not read "Always in Motion," I would go read it because it explains why Obi-Wan fell to the darkside and little things in there will pop up in here. You might have read it already, but it is hard to tell by your post. Just throwing the warning out there because I will not be recapping every little detail, it will be expected that people know certain things.

EGKenobi: Thanks! :D

DarthSilious: Hopefully I'll have chapter 1 up in a couple days. It is only three paragraphs long at the moment and I wrote those a few months ago. So they need a massive edit as well as an extension.

Star_Angel: [face_laugh] I think everyone is going to sound like a broken record for a long time in this story. Obi-Wan is going to do lots of "bad" things.

Anakinfan2006: Unfortunately I can't answer any of your questions as they are plot points and fairly significant o

24. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello, I'd like to be added to the PM List, please. I really, really hope Obi will be redeemed by saga's end! :_|[face_praying]@};-

25. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Let the fun begin.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.