main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Always in motion, the future is... -Episode III AU (L/M, P/A) ---> Completed- 12/02/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jadie, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Alright guys, here's my first fanfiction ever, so be nice. I hope you like it!

Title:Always in motion the future is...
    Author:Jadie
    Timeframe:Episode III
    Characters:Mara Jade, Luke Skywalker and everyone (or almost) from Episode III
    Genre:AU
    Keywords:L/M, A/P
    Summary:Before they get married, Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade must face one last trial - The Past.
    Notes:I hope you like it ;)
    Disclaimer:Star Wars belongs to Mr. George Lucas and Mara Jade to Tim Zahn. I'm not making any money of this, I just write for fun.

Index:
    Chapter 1 - Artoo???
    Chapter 1 - Part 2
    Chapter 2 - Plan B
    Chapter 3 - Grievous' Destiny and another Landing
    Chapter 4 - A shocking discovery
    Chapter 4 - Part 2
    Chapter 5 - And the spying began
    Chapter 6 - Obi-Wan is about to have an heart attack
    Chapter 6 - Part 2
    Chapter 7 - So it begins...
    Chapter 8 - The Birth
    Chapter 8 - Part 2
    Chapter 9 - A Storm Approaches
    Chapter 9 - Part 2
    Chapter 10 - Dark Nights
    Chapter 11 - A Hell of a Night
    Chapter 11 - Part 2
    Chapter 11 - Part 3
    Chapter 12 - Secrets and Discoveries
    Chapter 12 - Part 2
    Chapter 12 - Part 3
    Chapter 13 - Planning the Future
    Chapter 14 - Spying and Ghosts
    Chapter 14 - Part 2
    Chapter 15 - "I can't feel her"
    Chapter 15 - Part 2
    Chapter 15 - Part 3
    Chapter 16 - The Truth
    Chapter 17 - Unlimited Power
    Chapter 18 - Always in motion, the future is
    _______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1 - "Artoo???"

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away?

Coruscant, Night:

?Can you believe this, Leia? Your brother is actually getting married!? Han Solo said, while looking at the sky from their bedroom?s veranda.

?I just hope he knows what he is doing. Don?t get me wrong, Ha

2. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    haha, very cute, but i wondering what is going on, are they in a tractor beam?

3. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Oh Oh :p Mara and Luke are in trouble! Well, at least I guess so..

I think you did a great job on this first chapter! I already love this story.

I'm just wondering if they will change the past, since they are at this time (you know, Episode III, Anakin turns to the Dark Side, ...) .. [face_thinking]

4. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    Hey!

Darksideyesplease, you're my first reader... (well not really the first... :p )
    But i was wondering what is going on
    Isn't everyone? [face_mischief]
    Are they in a tractor beam
    AAhhhhh.... nup... ;)
    Thanks for reading!

Heartbreaker (cool name):
    Thank you so much.
    I hope you like the next post, when the fun will really begin.

Laya:
    Mara and Luke are in trouble! Well, at least I guess so..
    When aren't they? o_O
    I'm just wondering if they will change the past, since they are at this time
    Then keep wondering until this afternoon, when I post again... :D
    I just hope my beta-reader likes it :p

5. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Wonderful start! :)

You've built up the suspence in the first post! I wonder what is going on...
    Great job, looking forward to reading more. :D

6. Skywalker3248

Skywalker3248 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Are you sure this is your first fan fic, Jadie, mmm

Only joking, this is really good, Jadie, you've have great characterisations and interaction, and I assume Luke and Mara may have just landed in the Invisible Hand's bay. An interesting location, wonder how the son will react to meeting his father, mmm.

Great post, I look forward to seeing where you go with this,

well done!! :D

7. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I was thinking that too!

Oh boy, i can't wait for the next update! *jumps up and down with excitment*

8. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    Skywalker:
    and I assume Luke and Mara may have just landed in the Invisible Hand's bay. An interesting location, wonder how the son will react to meeting his father, mmm.
    ...Ummm...ummm... *cough* Are you sure you're not a *cough* seer? o_O
    Thank you so much for reading and reviewing! [:D]

Jacen:
    I was thinking that too!
    Are you sure you're not related to Skywalker up there? /\ /\ /\ :D
    Oh boy, i can't wait for the next update! *jumps up and down with excitment*
    I'm so glad that I make you that happy! [face_batting]
    Don't worry, I'll post as soon as my beta-reader (looks up) tells me something about the new part I wrote.
    Thanks a lot for clicking! [:D]

9. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    OOOHH! Ooh! Ooh! I want more!!!

hehe, deysa in TRUBBLE!!

10. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    Jacen: Thanks a lot! ;)

I'd like to dedicate this next bit, that wasn't beta-read, to Laya, who really helped me. Thanks, girl! [:D]
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1 - Part 2

Luke and Mara looked at each other again.

?Artoo?? Mara quietly asked. ?Do you think?????

?Maybe,? he answered looking again at those droids.

?Artoo, switch on the comlink. Artoo, do you hear me? We gave you a job to do! Artoo stop, stop! Artoo, we need to be going up!? the human voice was heard again.

?Do you recognise that kind of droid?? Luke whispered, pointing at those thin and tall droids that were inspecting the starfighter.

?I?m not sure?? Mara vaguely answered. ?I?d say that they are pre-Imperial Super Battle Droids. In that case, they?re not easy to defeat.?

One of those "Super Battle Droids" noticed ?There it is again?.

?Artoo, do you copy? We need to be going up, not down.?

The combat droids started moving to the other side of the hangar and one shouted ?Hey, you!?

Mara was sure that she heard series of all too familiar beeps.

?You stupid little astro-droid!? One Super Battle Droid yelled, taking hold of a little astromech, that happened to be really similar to Artoo-Deetoo.

?We?ve got to help him!? Mara whispered.

?He doesn?t need our help.?

?What do you?????

The Artoo unit opened its oil compartment and let it all slip out. Then, he ignited his arm rockets and set both Super Battle Droids on fire.

?? mean?? Mara finished, blankly.

Luke got up and ran to the droid, with Mara following him closely.

?Artoo!? The Jedi Master called.

A series of confused beeps were emitted by the little astromech.

?That?s Artoo-Deetoo, all right? Mara confirmed, looking at his serie number.

?It?s me, Artoo! I?m Luke!?

The droid continued puzzled.

?It doesn?t matter? Mara said. ?I sense something really strange in this place. Where were you going, Artoo??

He beeped and shrieked.

?Take it easy! Look, I don?t know why you?re acting like this, but? Luke showed him his lightsaber, ?we?re Jedi, remember? We?re here to help!?

Artoo, finally convinced, showed them a map of the ship and the place where his friends were going.

?The tower? Luke noticed. ?Let?s go, Mara.?

However, what Luke didn?t notice was that Mara was following him without sarcastic commentaries, nor worried advices. She was acting strangely.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Their trip to the tower was quiet and fast, until they reached the General?s Quarters. There, they found an ugly scene: two Jedi, one ten years older than the other fighting one old, powerful aura, surrounded by darkness. The aged fighters were becoming tired. However, the younger was powerful, Luke could tell. Although, he and Mara didn?t have time to fully analyze the duel, since another two super battle droids were, now, attacking the newcomers. Both Luke and Mara drew their lightsabers, deflecting the blasts and quickly destroying the droids.

When they turned their attention to the lightsaber duel, they found the older Jedi being chocked in the air by the Sith; and the younger Jedi on the floor, trying to recover from the battle.

Mara used the Force on the Sith to release the Jedi, while Luke attacked him.

The Jedi saved by Mara was tired, but ok. When Jade looked at Luke, she found that he was duelling the Sith with the help of the younger Jedi, who was attacking ferociously. The fight became more and more intense, as tumult of emotions hit Luke, when he opened to the Force and felt his fellow Jedi. Rage, revenge, relief? and a similar presence surrounded him. And then, all of a sudden, the young Jedi was able to cut off the Sith?s hands and Luke stabbed him in his chest.

At that moment, an old, tired, but pleased voice was heard by Mara and Luke, in that ship.

?You both did well. He was too dangerous to be kept alive.?

Mara didn?t need to look at the

11. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

They have gone back in time!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see where you go with this!

And yes, please do add me to your PM list. :)

12. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    Great job, Jadie, I loved the meeting between Luke and Anakin, very well written, I look forward the to next part :D!!

13. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    Heartbreaker:
    They have gone back in time!!!!!!!!!!
    It's an Episode III AU, isn't it? o_O
    I can't wait to see where you go with this!
    I'll go as far as I can!
    Thanks for reading!

Skywalker:
    I loved the meeting between Luke and Anakin, very well written
    Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it!

14. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm so sorry I didn't beta-read this chapter.. :( Thank you for the dedication! [:D]

I loved the chapter! :D I loved how Anakin and Luke met. It must be really confusing for Luke.. to meet his own father, when he was young and before Anakin became Darth Vader.

Mara didn?t need to look at the throne to know who was sitting there. It looked like a nightmare. But a nightmare she hadn?t dreamed about for a long time.

Oh yes, Palpatine... :mad: That stupid, idiot and disgusting thing..

15. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I love this already! Great start! What a great fic to come back to after 4 3/4 days without the internet.

16. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    I would just like to say "Oh (censored)!"

17. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    LaYa:
    Thank you!
    Believe me, it's really frustrating for Luke to meet Anakin. However, have you thought about how Mara feels towards Palpy? I would think of it, if I were you... Because this case may bring complications...
    ;)

Liz:
    I love this already! Great start! What a great fic to come back to after 4 3/4 days without the internet.
    Thank you! I'm glad you liked the first chapter!

Arcalian:
    I would just like to say "Oh (censored)!"
    Thanks, I think... :confused: :p

Update in a few minutes!

And please, if you wish to receive PM's whenever I update this fic, tell me!

18. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    Chapter 2 - "Plan B"

When they reached the elevator, Anakin realized that it wasn?t working. He told Artoo to activate it. Although, suddenly, the ship shifted to its side and the group was thrown to the inside of the elevator?s tube.

?Come on, we have to be fast? Luke called the others while running through the shaft, as if it was a corridor.

But before they could reach the other end, the ship started stabilizing and the group started sliding. Before they could directly fall, Anakin grabbed some wires, Palpatine grabbed his leg, Obi-Wan grabbed Palpatine?s, Mara grabbed Obi-Wan?s and Luke grabbed Mara?s.

?Hold on!? Anakin told the rest of the group.

?What?s that?? The Chancellor asked.

?What?s what?? Obi-Wan asked.

?That noise!?

Anakin looked up and saw the lift coming to them at high speed.

?Artoo? ummm? Artoo!!! Shut down the elevator!!!? Anakin shouted at the comm-link.

?It?s too late!? Mara yelled.

?Jump!? Luke shouted.

Anakin let go of the ropes and they started falling.

Obi-Wan, Luke and the Chosen One took of their belts grappling hooks and they threw them. Afterwards, Mara gripped Luke?s waist and Obi-Wan held the Chancellor, while Anakin opened the elevator?s doors with the Force. The Jedi took balance and they swung through the door into a hallway, as the lift passed by.

?That was close!? Obi-Wan noticed.

Although, while they were walking down the lobby, ray shields dropped from the ceiling, arresting them in the middle of the hallway.

?Ray shields!? Anakin whispered.

?Won't this ever end?? Obi-Wan muttered, tired.

?The oldest trap in the book?? Mara informed, looking surprised by their stupidity.

?How did this happen? We?re smarter than this!!!? Obi-Wan said frustrated.

?Apparently not?? Anakin murmured. ?I was distracted!?

?Now, it?s my fault?? the Master asked.

?You?re the Master here!? Anakin said with an innocent look on his face.

?I?m open to suggestions?? Anakin?s *brother* said.

?Patience??? Luke tried.

?Pacience?!? Obi-Wan repeated.

?Luke?s right! Artoo will be here in no time!? Anakin confirmed.

In that moment, Artoo came across the hallway.

?See!! No problem?? Anakin said.

Abruptly, several battle droids came after Artoo, taking him down.

?Do you, powerful all-mighty-Jedi, have a plan B?? Mara asked Luke and Anakin.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The group of Jedi and the Chancellor were captured and stood, now, before General Grievous.

?The Negotiator, General Kenobi and? Anakin Skywalker! I was expecting someone of your reputation to be a little older?? Grievous observed.

?Supreme Commander of the Droid Army? You?re shorter than I expected?? Anakin said, with a sarcastic smile on his face.

?Anakin, try not to upset him!? Obi-Wan sarcastically advised.

?And two more Jedi!? Grievious ignored the Jedi Master, turning to Luke and Mara.

?And you were the one whose leash was being held by Count? What?s his name?? Mara asked.

?I think that would be Dooku? Obi-Wan answered.

?Jedi scum!!!? Grievous turned around to look at Coruscant.

Now was Mara?s turn to smile. *So this is where the Imperials came out with that ?rebel scum? curse?*

?Artoo!? Anakin suddenly shouted.

The astro droid extended all his arms and shot electrical pulses everywhere. The Jedi bought time to reach their lightsabers through the Force and to set them free.

?Crush them! Make them suffer!? Grievous shouted.

The droids began to fire and Grievous? bodyguards lit their electro staffs. So, the Jedi split, and Anakin and Obi-Wan were caught by the Super Battle Droids. Luke and Mara, challenged by the bodyguards of the supreme general of the droids, were now engaged in a duel.

The bodyguards kept attacking Luke and Mara, while they covered each other?s back. Luke struggled to cut his opponents staff, while Mara slashed her adversary from head to whip.

Anakin and Obi-Wan kept slicing droids. However, they were more then twe

19. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    I *love* Greivous duels.

BTW, doesn't Palpatine sense that something is up with these "new" Jedi?

20. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    Arcalian:
    He'll find out... eventually... :D :p

21. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Believe me, it's really frustrating for Luke to meet Anakin. However, have you thought about how Mara feels towards Palpy? I would think of it, if I were you... Because this case may bring complications...

Oh yeah, I've already thought about it.. I'm sure Mara does not feel very happy towards Palpatine..

Now, talking about the chapter..

Once again, it was fantastic! And Luke and Mara are going to duel with Grievous... [face_devil] (And *cough* I already know what happens! :p )

22. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    But before they could reach the other end, the ship started stabilizing and the group started sliding. Before they could directly fall, Anakin grabbed some wires, Palpatine grabbed his leg, Obi-Wan grabbed Palpatine?s, Mara grabbed Obi-Wan?s and Luke grabbed Mara?s.

:D 'this was very funny, Jadie, just seeing that scene in my mind had me laughing out loud, very well down.

This post was even better the your previous posts, (which were great), now just have to see if LUke will attempt to affect his father's destiny (after all, how he affects this time, effects his own life as well), mmmm, it will be interesting to see what you go with this, Jadie

Great post :D!!

23. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Oh, just found this!

So much fun!

Only one thing... why hasn't Mara lobbed off Palps head yet? o_O

24. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    Wonderful post, I loved the action!

Looking forward to more. :)

25. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    I agree!!!! :D mmmm maybe she doesn't know how he looks with out the hood?? and well, he did changed a lot since he was Palpatine to the Emperor, and I agree, this story looks really cute!!!!, any chance of a happy ending???
    be well and take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.