main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Always in motion, the future is. The destiny of the JC

Discussion in 'Communications' started by jedi_master_ousley, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    It makes my blood boil when I see a topic locked because it just barely doesn't fit the Mods rules. Sure if its way redundant or offensive it should be locked but I seriously believe some mods have become "lock happy"

Do you have any examples of this? That seems a bit too generalized a statement to me.

Im not afraid to say that the mods need to back off. Let people talk about Starwars, thats why we're here!
    Theres this bureaucracy of mods and wanna-be's that constantly stifle great discussions.

People are welcome to discuss Star Wars here. I don't think anyone is trying to stop that. What specifically are you seeing that's getting in the way?

The JC is going down hill because every one is afraid to post what they really think. People are getting banned secretly and despite the rules, its not right.

Secretly banned? I don't know what that means.

Of course alot of you won't agree, I understand that, I just think some people in power take their positions way to seriously.

Instead of taking our positions seriously to some degree, what would you prefer us do?

2. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    People are getting banned secretly and despite the rules, its not right.

Heck, last time I was banned everybody else knew about it before I did. Secret bannings sound a bit X-Files to me.

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    The JC is going down hill because every one is afraid to post what they really think. People are getting banned secretly and despite the rules, its not right.

Now if THAT were truely the case, your's truely would never be seen around the boards at all... A good chunk of people don't like 'the way I think/post'.

It's a fact of life... we have a worldwide fan base here... thank goodness not everyone's going to always agree....

4. senseless_apprentice

senseless_apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2002
    Perhaps you guys are missing my point. We have to many people, running around closing down to many threads. IMHO. The JC is getting boring *gasp*

Thats the basis of my argument. I'm not saying all mods suck okay? They're are great ones and their are bad ones and hell some times they just make mistakes because they're human to.

But here's a recent example of a great discussion that was stifled by a mod I respect.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11661516&replies=22

Show me where in the TOS does it say that you can't have a thread about the "worst moments in starwars". No one was flaming each other, and although it was a bit heated, it was a productive thread and was a threat to no one. This was a judgement call, and an unfair one.

Alot of mods, wait I'm gonna guess all the mods will disagree with me. Thats fine, but as more and more good threads are closed the more people will agree with my position.

[EDIT] To be fair, here's a link to a thread that did need to be closed. It violated the rules. It wasn't a judgement call.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11670979&replies=1

5. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Did you PM DA and talk to him about why the thread was locked?

6. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    I was secretly banned here once... only the FBI and MI5 new about it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.