main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Always Remember (The Locket) - Sabewan Viggie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Always Remember (The Locket)
    By obi's girl

Summary: Years later, as an old woman, Sabé remembers a special day she spent with her love, Obi-Wan.

The old woman smiled, looking down at the faded locket in her palm as she sat before her dresser. The locket wasn't very old, but she had had it in her possession for a long time. The front clasp, though fading, had rough engraved markings on the sides. The markings were actually a poem, a love poem, written in Nubian. She closed her eyes, holding the locket close to her heart.

Sabé's eyes remained closed as she waited patiently. Obi-Wan had invited her on a picnic while he was on leave from his last mission with Anakin, and he had opted to take his leave on Naboo. Anakin wanted to come with him, of course, because he missed Naboo and Padmé, but Obi-Wan wanted the young Padawan focused on his studies. He also wanted to be able to be alone with Sabé, the real reason for his stay on Naboo.

"How long do I have to wait, Ben?" she asked curiously.

The Knight grinned as he settled in front of her on the blanket and opened up her palm and rested a small box in her hand. "All right, m'lady, you can open your eyes."

Sabé opened her eyes, playfully glaring at Obi-Wan as she fixed her dress. The couple was situated in the middle of a grassy area, in Naboo's lush countryside not far from Sabé's parents' home. She eyed the box and suddenly feared what was inside of it. Sabé loved Obi-Wa,n but marriage was the last thing she'd ever expected, especially from him. Jedi were forbidden to marry. She sighed and opened the box, hoping she didn't see a ring, but was relieved. A gold locket rested in the center of the box; Obi-Wan leaned over and held it up in his hands.

"I know that you're not the type of woman that keeps a lot of jewelry, Sabé, but when I saw this in the marketplace, it reminded me of you. The simplicity, elegant beauty...it's stunning as you are, m'lady," Obi-Wan said. Sabé smiled, her cheeks becoming a shade of red, and then held up her long brown hair as Obi-Wan placed the locket across her neck and found the clasp in the back.

Sabé sat, fingering the locket as she thoroughly looked at it. As she looked at it, she noticed small engravings on the backside and looked at them more closely. She knew the writing was in Nubian but because the locket was so small, she could barely understand what the inscription meant. "Obi-Wan, what's written here?"

"Hmm," he asked absent-mindedly, and Sabé playfully hit his shoulder as he leaned over again and looked at the locket. "You don't recognize it?" Sabé nodded no. "It's your poem, well, two lines of it."

Sabé looked more closely again and as she did, she realized that he was right. It was her poem. "I feel you in the wind, calling my name, and I know, wherever you are, you feel me too," she read it aloud. Sabé smiled as waves of emotions washed all over her. She knew she loved Obi-Wan, but until that moment, she had no idea how much she truly loved him. Sabé had always seen Obi-Wan as perfect, flawless, and dedicated, but he had become so much more to her now. She leaned over suddenly, took his face in her hands and kissed him.

As she kissed him, she felt wetness come from her eyes and Obi-Wan pulled back and frowned, confused by her tears. "Sabé, love, what is it?"

"You're perfect," she whispered. "You're everything I want, Ben." Obi-Wan shrugged and grinned as Sabé continued. "I mean it, you don't know, you'll never know how much this small gift ? this gesture ? means to me. You may think it's only a simple necklace but it will always hold special meaning for me."

"You didn't look inside."

Sabé frowned and looked down at the necklace, and opened it. She tilted her head side-ways and wiped her face as she gazed more closely. There was a small holo image of Obi-Wan on the left heart, and on the right, a picture of herself looking over at Obi-Wan with dreamy eyes. He was younger then, and so was she. His face was clean, no beard to hide the grin on his face.

"It was a day or two

2. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Oh that was just beautiful! Lovely melding of past and present and the romance was done wonderfully. I liked how you described Sabe's fear that he was proposing and then the gentle awe of seeing the locket. I just loved this

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Thanks Hananiah!

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.