main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Always, sequel to Alone, AU, JA

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    So I was reading through an old fic and another plot bunny jumped me. Luckily it was a short one.

Summary: A Padawan grieves.
    Spoilers: Again, no.
    Archive: Just ask.
    Note: It would probably be best if you read Alone before reading this. It would just make more sense.

I've been told to put this on. Warning, extreme anguish ahead. (There better, Ginger?)

He sat huddled in one of the garden?s corners. His arms wrapped around his legs, chin resting on his knees. He stared out at the green surrounding him but saw none of it. Nor did he notice the Knights and other Padawan?s passing by, just visible through the underbrush he hid behind. In fact he had hardly noticed anything lately. Not his friends attempts to comfort him, nor them urging him to eat or when they joked lightly trying to cheer him. Nothing worked and they received no reaction from him. Heavy with failure, they had left to continue their own duties.

Left him to be alone once again. Not that he cared.

What did it matter? He could be in a room full of Jedi and still be utterly, completely alone. What could they do to offer comfort? Did they know what he was going through? Did they know how he would try and sleep at night only to wake screaming, his Master?s pale and cold face still hovering before his eyes?

No, he didn?t think so. Nor did he really want them to. It hurt so much he wouldn?t wish this on anyone else.

So he was alone.

His eyes were dried, for once, as he stared out at the leaves around him. He felt so empty inside. Not angry or cold or sad or anything. Just empty.

And alone. It pressed in around him, crushing his shoulders together, hunching his back. Would he ever not feel this way again? Would he care? Did he care? He sighed and pushed the thought out of his mind. He didn?t want to think about it. Didn?t want to think about anything. All he knew was that he was alone.

?Padawan.?

The boy jerked his head back at the softly voiced word. His eyes were wide as he looked wildly around, his heart pounding. What??

?Padawan.? It came again. ?You are not alone.?

?M-Master??? He whispered. Was he loosing his mind? Had he finally gone crazy? He looked around but still saw no one near. A low chuckled echoed around him.

?No, Padawan.? The voice said again, seemingly to come from the Force itself. ?You are not crazy.? A sigh and tears quickly appeared in the boy?s eyes at the sadness in it. ?My Padawan. You are not alone. You have never been. Others are here. They wish to help. Let them help you.? A soft caress on his cheek and the boy hitched back a sob. ?I am here too, my Padawan. Never forget that. As long as the Force is with you so will I. I will never leave you.? The caress faded away only to be replaced with a soft kiss on his hair. ?The Force is with you, Padawan. I love you. Always.?

The voice faded away and with it, the boy?s composure.

?No, Master,? He whispered to the air, tears streaming down his face. ?Don?t leave me again. Please!? He sobbed.

The Force gathered around him, holding him, hugging. //Remember?// It whispered, offering peace and love. The boy latched onto it with all his strength. It filled him, easing away the pain and ache. Not all, no, it would be a long time before even most of it was gone, but it helped. He took a deep, shaky breath and wiped the tears away.

?I?ll remember, Master.? He whispered softly, his gaze slowly sweeping over the green growth around him. ?I love you too.? A soft, barely there touch on his cheek whispered by. But he had felt it. It and the love behind it.

A ghost of a smile crossed the boy?s lips. //Always?//

2. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
  3. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    AWWWW that was so sad. *well good sad*
    Great POST!

4. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    :_| Remind me NOT to read tear jerkers when I'm already in a teary kinda mood!

Nice Swede, you'll have to excuse me while I run off in search of a tissue.

5. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Hey, sorry about the Ginger. (Ok, not really. I like the fact that I can make people cry.) Should I put warnings on these things? Beware, extreme anguish ahead! :D

6. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Aw man...just when I didnt want to read anything sad. But I had to read this one. Great emotions! Nice job, Swede!

Obi

7. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    So sad Swede, but so good. I feel better after reading this then i did after 'Alone'.

Atleast there is a little closure here for Obi, and he got another chance to say goodbye to his master.

The whole scene was just heart-warming and tender. I loved it!

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You forgot to post a kleenex warning :_|

9. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Hey, sorry about the Ginger. (Ok, not really. I like the fact that I can make people cry.)

heh, I know what you mean ;)

Should I put warnings on these things? Beware, extreme anguish ahead!

Warnings are good! I'm all for the existance of warnings :D

10. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Thanks Obi, sorry but it I was in a anguishy mood.

Thanks shanobi. Yeah I though Obi deserved to say goodbye to Qui.

Kitara, Kleenex warning? I'll have to think about it for next time.

Ginger, warnings, everyone wants warnings. Whats the fun in that? But I quess I should let people know what they're getting into. :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.