main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Am I a loser, Geek, Dork, Fan, One of Kind, or are there others?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I am 32, grow up on Star Wars. Star Wars has been a part of my life. Is it the same for others? Some say that Star Wars is JUST a movie but to me it is NOT. Star Wars is NOT just a movie. Saying to me Star Wars is just a movie is like saying a Shakespeare is just an writter.
    Star Wars is tattooed in to my soul, in to my being. It is a part of me, it makes up who I am. Is it just me that feels like this?
    As a kid, it was Star Wars everything. Toys, bed sheets, pillows, alarm clock, you name it.
    I remember riding my non-Star Wars bike in to the woods near my house. To me it was not a bike, it was a speeder. I also remember rideing down a long hill on the street I lived on. At the bottom of the hill was a manhole cover. To me that hill was the Death Star and that man-hole was the target needed to blow it up. I would act like I fired my laser's out of my bike, and if I was at the Man-hole cover when I counted to five, it blow up!
    I remember sometimes sitting in class and just going over the movie in my head, over and over. Line for line. It was like a DVD play in my mind.
    You would think that 20+ year later it would go away. The feeling for Star Wars but it hasn't. I love other movies but none has touched me like Star Wars.
    To this day when I see something Star Wars the hair on my arms will stand up. Like the other night I saw the DVD commercial and it got me so hyped up.
    Is it just me that LOVES this movie so much? It's not just other movie to me. It is Star Wars. it's sad to say but I don't think I have ever went more than 24 hours with out think about Star Wars in some way. Crazy I know.
    I dont have all the toys and merchanise, if I had the money maybe.
    Are you just as Geeky for Star Wars?

2. DarthLarry

DarthLarry Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    no, you are definately not the only one. i'm a shade under you, age-wise and you described pretty much my life. everytime i rode a bike (or should i say, ride..) i pretend its a speeder bike. heck, my dad and i were on waverunners once and i pretended i was hovering above water shooting stormtroopers from cannons on the side. and this was when i was college during the "dark ages" of Star Wars. sheesh.

if it makes you feel any better, i had the DVD set in my hands the other day, but of course wasn't allowed to buy it by my manager, but i started shaking and jumping up and down. just seeing the pallette with the huge box stating STAR WARS TRILOGY DVD on the side made my stomach all funny and my heart jumpy.

so, no, you're definately not the only one. in fact, you're in very good company.

cheers!

3. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Well, I'm a three season athlete who has made Varsity in two sports. Once as a freshman and once as a sophomore. And considering that I'm on the football team and so are all my friends, that I'm not one of the others you seek.

:D

4. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I'm a Star Wars Geek, and proud of it.

But...this is more of a SW Community thing than CT alone. Soooo...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.