main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Am I a supergeek if I show up alone at midnite?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Famsen, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Famsen

Famsen Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    EVERYONE in my family that I bought tickets for has bailed out on me for midnite tonight(mother, sister, daughter).
    My husband is still willing to go but I know he is thinking it will be very late for him since he has to be at up for work by 5:30am.
    So my question is, are there people that go alone to the midnite shows? I am the type of person who does not eat alone in public and I have only been to one movie in my life by myself.
    Are people going to look at me like I am crazy wondering what kind of geek goes to this sort of thing alone?

2. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I am going alone. I just finished my first year of college but most of my friends are not done finals yet. My mom has work early in the morning and my brother lives in New York while I live in Maryland. So I am going alone. Doesn't bother me that much.

3. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    I went alone to AOTC at midnight. I talked on my cell a lot though to pass the time. :)

4. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    I think it's ok. Remember there will be lots of people to talk to in line... just remember to tell them taht you're spoiler-free ;)

Actually I hope there are some alone people at my theatre, I am going with my brother but because I got our tickets separately, we are in separate theatres, according to our tickets. I hope that there will be someone who is willing to switch with one of us- and my best bet will be someone going alone, because they won't be breaking up their party.

5. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I was supposed to go w/ a whole bunch of people, but they bailed out for one reason or another, some going to another theater. But I bought my ticket and I am going. I will walk down the line to see, if any other of my friends are going. But the only thing that matters is I am going to see the movie. :-B

6. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I'm going by myself too. I was a victim of my own fandom. I bought tickets the second they went on sale. About two weeks later a bunch of kids from my church bought tickets for a midnight showing at a different theatre. I really don't mind goign by myself at all though.

7. Darth Trypsin

Darth Trypsin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    Well the old lady has to work all day, and has a photography thingy this evening, so I'll be in line alone, maybe I can meet a new geeky chick!!

8. Anakin_Darth

Anakin_Darth Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    I'm going with my dad; I would have rather have gone with my girlfriend, but she couldn't make it.

Anyway, being a geek is a great thing!

9. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I, too, am going alone. I went to see ATOC 5 out of 6 times alone. I just don't have anyone who I can take. Wife has to work in the morning (plus we have 2 kids), sister lives in another city, mom lives in another state, etc....

10. Darth Trypsin

Darth Trypsin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    Well popped down to the theatre to see what was happening, and well about 10 people (15-17 years old) I think they are waiting for tix. I couldn't bare the pressure to get out of my vehicle, so I went got some coffee, I'll show up a little later.

11. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    i'd be going alone if i had to.

12. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Ditto. Don't even think about missing the midnight 'cause people bailed on you.
    Last time I waited for hours until my friend showed up and it was a blast. I talked to the people around me... we had a great time. It's part of the midnight experience.

13. AnakinMoonwalker

AnakinMoonwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    I might have to go alone, its still up in the air right now

14. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    No one will notice when you are sitting down.
    Guess it is okay.

-Seldon

15. AnakinMoonwalker

AnakinMoonwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    nevermind I found someone to go with me

16. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I went to the DC charity premiere alone, and that included a party before hand. It was OK. You'll feel like you're part of a family!

17. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    There's nothing wrong with going alone. Besides, you'll be surrounded by loads of other fans. I wish I was able to see the movie this week. Finals are a bigger villain than Vader. :)

18. luisgv73

luisgv73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    Probably material for another thread like "what is the reaction of your relatives to your hardcore geekness?"

I bought two tickets about a month ago, one for me and one for my soon to be wife. I tell her and first thing she asks me... does it have a happy ending?

ok, I count to 10, and then to 20 just to be sure that I am not going to make any stupid things like break the engagement or similar. Two days later a friend of mine calls me saying that they just told him at the theater that they were sold out, so I am going with him to see it.

Answering to your question, lets say that I would go alone for sure and would feel great about it. In any case Famsen, if some day they release Episode VII and your husband and my wife don´t want to go, count me in!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.