main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Am I Allana or Amelia? - Completed 10/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Poor girl. :(

Great update! :D

2. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Aww... it's both lovely and sad to see Allana inheriting Jacen's interest in animals. It must break Han and Leia's hearts to see her sometimes. And she's just insightful enough to notice it, too - I haven't read any books where she's this age, but I can imagine her noticing this stuff. With her parents, I'd imagine she's quite astute.

I wonder where they'll go on vacation. Here's hoping they'll get to have some good times, they all deserve it!

3. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Sorry I'm coming in a little late. Ben's funny - he's such a teenager. I like how Allana is just a little bit scared after watching the scary movie. And I'm glad Allana loves animals, like her father.

Poor Han and Leia. At least they still have Jaina and Allana.

4. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    I've been lurking on this for a few posts and must say i echo the sentiments of the others, as someone that works with children i have found the voice you have given to Allana to be amazingly astute and very much within the age range that you are trying to portray. You have to feel for her, she is such a strong character within a very vulnerable situation and is coping magnificantly. If i could please ask to be added to your pm list also that would be great. Anyway hope to hear the next installment soon.

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Ah! Poor Amelia! They're sad for her and because of Jacen ... sad It's even sadder that he used her as the reason for his destruction. :(

Thanks for reading!

Kailene
    I'm really loving all of Allana's diary entries. The questions and observations that she makes are one's that I would imagine going through the mind of a child her age. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Lady_Tahiri
    laugh That?s what she said. [face_laugh]

It must be hard to keep everything bottled up. I hope Allana learns one day that you don?t have to be made of ferracrete to be strong like Tenel Ka. Hopefully.

Thanks, LT!

Alexis_Wingstar
    This reminds me of the song, The Way It Is. Many adults say this when they've either given up or not brave enough to change 'the way it is'. I'm glad Martin Luther King and other social reformists were brave enough to speak out against that sort of thing. Maybe Allana will be the one who will reform Hapes... or at least start the ball rolling instead of keeping the status quo. I'll have to look that up. Yeah, thank God for all those who stood up to change things.

Thanks for reading!

madman007
    Been busy with classes and taking care of my stroke-striken mom. I pray your mother's recovery goes well. [:D]

Insufficient writers? Sorry, did I type that out loud? I see nothing. :p

Great. Here comes the next book series! Leia's about the only Jedi left who hasn't gone dark.
    :rolleyes: I hope not. If they do....

Poor Han doesn't like bugs. Don't blame him. He already had one child almost turn into one! Ick. Those books still creep me out.

Thanks so much for reading!

tahiriveilax
    Poor girl. sad Yep. :(

Great update! grin
    Thanks for reading!

Iverna
    Aww... it's both lovely and sad to see Allana inheriting Jacen's interest in animals. It must break Han and Leia's hearts to see her sometimes. And she's just insightful enough to notice it, too - I haven't read any books where she's this age, but I can imagine her noticing this stuff. With her parents, I'd imagine she's quite astute.
    I'd like to think she has some of Jacen's better qualities. She had a pet in the books and seems to have inherited the love of animals.

Thanks for reading!

Tarsier
    Sorry I'm coming in a little late. Ben's funny - he's such a teenager. I like how Allana is just a little bit scared after watching the scary movie. And I'm glad Allana loves animals, like her father. Welcome to the story. :) I like to show Allana doing everyday, normal activities. I think we can learn a lot from a character does day to day.

Poor Han and Leia. At least they still have Jaina and Allana. I hope nothing happens to them. [face_worried]

Thanks for reading!

Lady_WinterCelchu

I've been lurking on this for a few posts and must say i echo the sentiments of the others, as someone that works with children i have found the voice you have given to Allana to be amazingly astute and very much within the age range that you are trying to portray. You have to feel for her, she is such a strong character within a very vulnerable situation and is coping magnificantly. If i could please ask to be added to your pm list also that would be great. Anyway hope to hear the next installment soon.
    Thank you very much. I want her to sound her age, while reflecting her upbringing and past. I will add you to the list. I'm working on the update. I'm actually out of town at the moment. I'll have to update up when I return later this week.

Thanks for reading!

6. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    I'm sitting on a dock on Corellia. Grandma Leia and Grandpa Han came here to see Winter and Tycho. They are staying with Wedge and Iella. I like coming here. Something is always going on.

I'm sitting here with Wedge's kids, Myri and Syal. Syal is sad. Grandma said that Syal's fiancé died in the war. That's really sad. Myri tries to make her laugh. Sometimes she does.

I really like Myri. She told me that she is a spy. That's a really cool job. She showed me her disguise stuff. She said that she spied on her dad's friend Booster's ship. She changed outfits, even her hair, a lot. If Grandma Leia says it's okay, Myri said she color my hair blue! I hope she can. It washes out. Grandma Leia shouldn't worry.

All the adults keep talking about some political fight and slavers. Grandpa Han gets super mad about slaves. Aunt Jaina told me that he worked at a slave place and he saved his Wookiee friend Chewbacca from slaver people.

Slavery is so bad. Mommy told me about it. She said the slaves get hurt and have no rights. She said families get broken up. I'd be really mad is I was a slave. I'd be madder if someone took me away from Mommy.

I hope no kids are slaves. That'd be horrible!

Oh, datapad, I have to go. Syal says it's dinner time.
    --
    Datapad, I learned something sad.

I asked Grandma Leia about what was going on. I told her I heard about slaves. She said that a group of people are stealing kids and adults to work in mines. She didn't tell me anything else. She made me go to bed. I waited till she and Grandpa were asleep and snuck to third room were Grandma keeps her work stuff. I found holos taken of places kids were taken.

A stuffed Ewok was left in the middle of a room. It's leg was torn off and it's fur was singed.

The Ewok's friend misses him, I bet. I bet he's worried. I worried about my stuffed tauntaun. Who would put him to bed? I bet the Ewok is worried too. His best friend is missing.

I want to help the kids. I want to bring them to their mommies and daddies and grandma and grandpas and special friends.

I know stuffed animals aren't real, datapad, but they can still be your friend. Sometimes they are the only ones I could talk to.

We need to bring the little kid back to his Ewok. I bet he's sad.
    --

PM List - If you want off or on, let me know.

NYCitygurl
    Kailene
    tahiriveilax
    madman007
    Jade_eyes
    Alexis_Wingstar
    Iverna

7. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Kidnapped children forced to work in mines? Someone fetch Indiana Jones! :oops: Whoops, wrong series!

I want to help the kids. I want to bring them to their mommies and daddies and grandma and grandpas and special friends. Yeah, she's going to grow up right.

Great job once again! =D=

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderfully empathic update. :) =D=

Sad that sometimes a stuffed tauntaun is Amelia's only confidante at times but perhaps now Syal and Myri can be friends also :D

Looking forward to the mission rescuing the children [face_dancing] :cool:

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Aw, the last part about the stuffed ewok was so poignant. I hope they are able to find and rescue the kidnapped children.

10. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Aww... you have done so well on this entire story. Can you put me on the PM list please?

11. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Love this story! Can you add me to the list too please?

12. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Aww, that was so touching! Allana's such a sweet girl. I love her perceptions of the grown-ups. I hope they can find and rescue the children!

13. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    I know stuffed animals aren't real, datapad, but they can still be your friend. Sometimes they are the only ones I could talk to. :_| The thing that makes that statement so poignant and sad, is that's is so true about her circumstances.

=D= Excellent update!!

14. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    madman007
    Kidnapped children forced to work in mines? Someone fetch Indiana Jones! doh! Whoops, wrong series!
    [face_laugh] Wasn't thinking that when I wrote this. I should have picked up on that.

Yeah, she's going to grow up right.
    Certainly hope so!

Great job once again!
    Thanks!

Jade_eyes
    Wonderfully empathic update.Thanks!

Sad that sometimes a stuffed tauntaun is Amelia's only confidante at times but perhaps now Syal and Myri can be friends also Yeah. :( I'll probably include Syal and Myri more.

Alexis_Wingstar

Aw, the last part about the stuffed ewok was so poignant. I hope they are able to find and rescue the kidnapped children. Thanks! I'm glad that worked to show her connection to the kids.

Zorkel567
    Aww... you have done so well on this entire story. Can you put me on the PM list please? Thanks very much. Will do. :)

Thrawn1786
    Love this story! Can you add me to the list too please? Thanks! Will do. :)

Iverna
    Aww, that was so touching! Allana's such a sweet girl. I love her perceptions of the grown-ups. I hope they can find and rescue the children! Kids views on adults are usually interesting. I wanted to add a fresh view of some events of LotF. Thanks very much!

Kailene
    The thing that makes that statement so poignant and sad, is that's is so true about her circumstances. :( Yeah, it's not like she has any friends. Plus, all the secrets have to eat at her.

Excellent update!!
    Thanks!

----
    Datapad, these people are bad. The people kidnapping the kids are taking them to work in mines to help make them money. I heard Iella say that the owners lost a lot of money in the war. What I don't understand is if they know who the bad guy is, why don't they arrest him? Grandma Leia is a Jedi; can't she do it? Uncle Luke says that Jedi have to protect people. Kids are people, just smaller.

Grandpa Han was telling Wedge about some slaves on Ylesia. He said they were brainwashed and forced to work in the dark. He said he was a pilot there and helped blow up the spice factory. I looked up Ylesia. It?s a Hutt place. There was a fight there during the Yuuzhang Vong war.

I?m really happy I wasn?t born during that war. I heard it was really scary. I saw holos of some of the Vong from the war. They look so mean! I asked 3PO about it during one of my history lessons. He said they hated machinery and killed lots of droids before they were stopped. He kept talking about the droids and got off on a rant. He does that a lot. Grandpa Han usually turns him off when he does that. Aunt Jaina showed me where the switch was, but she said I had to be sneaky about it. She and my daddy and Uncle Anakin used to turn 3PO off during their lessons and turn him back on right before the end. She said it worked for a little while, until Uncle Luke caught them.

The Vong were all relocated to some living planet Zonoma Sekot. Zonoma Sekot is a living planet. How neat is that? A planet that?s actually alive. Aunt Jaina said they have living ships on the planet, but not like the living ships the Vong flew.

I have to go by Amelia here, datapad. I can?t forget. I almost messed up at dinner, but Grandma Leia caught me. I don?t know why it would be so bad for Wedge, Iella, Syal and Myri to know my real name. We trust them. They wouldn?t tell. Mommy said it?s important to keep my real name a secret because there are people that would hurt me if they knew the truth. I know about how the Hapes people try to kill heirs to the throne, but that?s not the only reason. Mommy says I?ll learn when I?m older. I don?t know when that will be. It must have to do with the last war and my Daddy. I had to hide after he died. Are there people who didn?t like him that would get me? I didn?t think anyone knew he was my daddy. I didn?t know for a long time.

I wonder if any of those kids lost their daddy or mommy.

I hope that the adults can figure out something soon. If I reach ou

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi! Wow, if Amelia/Allana doesn't have enough on her plate, she has to remember to go by an alias -- that would/could play havoc with anyone's self-identity. [face_thinking]
    I hope the adults can come up with something too. o_O

I've been playing with a very similar bunny in a different fandom -- and trying to figure out what a compassionate third party could do unofficially to change the reality in a practical and permanent way. :D

[:D]

16. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    What happens if the adults don?t fix this?

I have a feeling then maybe the kids are going to have to do something...

Allana's so sweet. I really like this story!

17. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I don?t know why it would be so bad for Wedge, Iella, Syal and Myri to know my real name. We trust them. They wouldn?t tell.

Ah, the bad thing is, even though you know they wouldn't tell, it's still best they don't know because people could hurt them to get to her. Plus the less people who know, the easier to keep the secret. It's a terrible burden, still. Poor kid.

18. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Aunt Jaina showed me where the switch was, but she said I had to be sneaky about it. [face_laugh] Good for Jaina. Glad she's teaching Allana to be sneaky and have some fun.

I can't even keep my own kids name straight some days, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for Allana to keep straight who she is, and how she hasn't slipped up more often.

19. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Wow, fabulous! Add me to the PM list, please!

20. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Haha, Jaina teaching Allana how to turn off Threepio. I love it!

Kids are people, just smaller.
    So very true... people seem to forget that far too often. Or not realise it at all. Allana is very astute.

I hope the grown-ups can fix this... together with Allana, perhaps. The poor kids!

21. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Kids are people, just smaller.
    And much more self-aware than most adults, too!

He kept talking about the droids and got off on a rant. He does that a lot. Grandpa Han usually turns him off when he does that.
    Poor Threepio

I don?t know why it would be so bad for Wedge, Iella, Syal and Myri to know my real name.
    With all their ties to Rogue Squadron? That rumor would fly faster than a Jawa can sell a defunct droid!

Still great stuff! Keep it up!

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Allana is so cute!! And so sweet to want to help other kids.

I love Han's aversion to the bug house :D Though Allana was reminding me of Jacen, which was awesome/sad. I love the Myri guest appearance!!

23. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    I hope the adults can come up with something too. They'll have to get thinking.

I've been playing with a very similar bunny in a different fandom -- and trying to figure out what a compassionate third party could do unofficially to change the reality in a practical and permanent way.
    Good luck! :)

Thanks!

Tarsier
    I have a feeling then maybe the kids are going to have to do something...Maybe.

Allana's so sweet. I really like this story!
    Thanks!

Alexis_Wingstar
    Ah, the bad thing is, even though you know they wouldn't tell, it's still best they don't know because people could hurt them to get to her. Plus the less people who know, the easier to keep the secret. It's a terrible burden, still. Poor kid.
    Yep. The more people know, the weaker the secret.

Thanks for reading!

Kailene
    Good for Jaina. Glad she's teaching Allana to be sneaky and have some fun. Of course. That's what being and aunt is all about. Well, one part. :p

I can't even keep my own kids name straight some days, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for Allana to keep straight who she is, and how she hasn't slipped up more often. [face_laugh] It'd be hard to keep who you are straight in that situation. Thanks for reading.

darkladypurplepencil
    Wow, fabulous! Add me to the PM list, please!
    Will do. Thanks!

Iverna
    Haha, Jaina teaching Allana how to turn off Threepio. I love it! [face_laugh] Useful piece of information.

I hope the grown-ups can fix this... together with Allana, perhaps. The poor kids! We shall see. Thanks for reading.

madman007
    And much more self-aware than most adults, too! Definitely.

Still great stuff! Keep it up! Thank you!

NYCitygurl
    I love Han's aversion to the bug house grin Though Allana was reminding me of Jacen, which was awesome/sad. I love the Myri guest appearance!! Han's aversion to bugs is totally understandable. :p Thanks for reading!

24. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Datapad, I'm upstairs at Iella and Wedge's house. Grandma Leia, Grandpa Han, Wedge, Iella, Tycho, Winter and Myri left two hours ago. Syal is staying with me.

I think they went to deal with the politicians in charge of the trade or something. I know it has to do with the slaves.

If there is one thing I have learned from Grandpa Han is that politicians usually don't get things done fast. He says there is a time to take things into your own hands. Is that what has to happen now? Uncle Luke tells me to look into the Force to know what to do. Mommy says to look into my heart.

What if my heart is wrong, datapad? What if the Force is wrong? I've heard what the other Jedi say. They say that my father followed his heart and the Force. They say the Force told him to do what he did. I don't know if that's true, but what if it is? Mommy says that people say things to hurt people but they didn't know I was there. They don't even know who I am.

What if they were right? I don't know what to do. I want to help. I feel like I can help, but I'm scared of being wrong .

I wonder if grown-ups get scared. I bet they don't. Grandma leia and Grandpa Han, Aunt Jaina, Uncle Luke, Ben and Mommy are brave. They do everything.

I don't know what to do. How can I help? I can't go save anybody but there has to be some way to help.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome blend of compassion and wanting to help and the hesitance borne of not wanting to make a tragic misguided mistake. Very insightful questions Amelia has. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.